• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
yo dead up for brawl only get a car drive bring em to nyc (brooklyn specifically) and i'll house y'all for free.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
^_^

I just realized my relatives live mad close to the venue, I'm 80% going now.

This'll be cool, I'll see you guys there (hopefully sooner if there's a smashfest)

@Goggles: I am extremely sorry about the issues you're going through and I regret that, for the most part, I'm unable to relate. However, don't distance yourself from Bry. You two are very close in your ideals, you aren't in his shadow in any way. The kinds of people in this world who are willing to do so many things for others when they know it will put a great burden on themselves, I feel these people are incredibly important. It doesn't matter if you would've enjoyed doing all the things you wanted to do, and it doesn't matter that you couldn't. You were willing to make all the trips for the sake of others regardless of financial difficulties. Some things are just not within your control. When SS2 lost power, Bry got lucky and had someone to fall back on. You don't have that option as readily available as he did, and that's not something that makes Bry more important than you.

My dad could easily name countless times where I'd tell him "I really think I can beat Goggles this time, help me train for our next MM!" After my first tournament at Arena 51 I had my sights set on beating you every time. You're the sole reason I continued playing Smash. If I hadn't been inspired to beat you each time we played I'd never be able to play Ness as well as I can now (and I still haven't even scratched the surface). I'd probably be playing a different character if I wasn't so determined to beat Goggles with "that wannabe Miss Cleo." Every time I beat you I feel like I've improved, and every time I lose to you I feel like I've learned something. I can honestly say a great deal of my tournament experience is lost when I don't play you. When I left SS3, my main thoughts weren't how good the PA players were. I was thinking "I lost to Goggles this time, I really need to concentrate more on improving my game"

So things didn't work out as expected. This time You lost to Goggles. But you thought hard and you tried your best to make everything work out. I know you'll be able to pull through the next time, whether it's with your job or with your duties to your friends and family. I'm more than confident that my biggest rival isn't the kind of person to go down without a fight.

Sharky

Smash Master
while I'm kinda sad that I don't have a ride there, I'm definitely not mad at you goggles, so don't even think it. While you may not seem as OPENLY loved as bry, you'd be just as missed, for sure, you're a huge part of this community and never let yourself think otherwise. Hel, I'd give you money to go to apex without asking for it back if you were to accept it.

As far as Apex goes, DR. G: I'm looking for a bus to take down to NYC right now, if I were to do this 1: do you have transportation to apex, and 2: I'm still good for housing right? =D

Sharky

Smash Master
ok so if anyone has anything to update me with on this I'm getting off the comp now text me 315-877-3027

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
good **** k-9 finally you stepped it up.
also good stuff in teams with Kaylo, man you guys *****.
good stuff to PA too

JTsm

Smash Master
Ohh good **** Vibe.. Bess Marf in Upstate.

I always wanted to go to a NY tourney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom