• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
about the whistle thing, sharky was right next to me the whole time so it was in my ear lol. that's why I said it.

@manalord, it was just a guy blowin the whistle, all it deserved was a "wtf!?" and I actually said that when he blew the whistle. not gonna start a fight over it :S (plus sharky is like twice my size ;))

Sharky

Smash Master
I did apologize like a page ago =(

edit: the only reason I had the thing to blow in the first place is cause I left my job friday night and went straight to cura's house where I spent the night. So it happened to be in my pocket. In case you couldn't tell from my shirt, I lifeguard.

The DZ

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. I actually only started playing SSBB a week ago, if any of you remember me, I'm DZ, I was the only Pit user there. :p But I definitely had a good time, it was fun watching all the battles, and getting my *** handed to me by the best around. Hopefully see you guys soon.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
34 people for Brawl? Good ****.

SSBBF!!!??? OMG DUDE DO YOU REMEMBER ME???

Also

I actually disagree, if jesse is serious about keeping up with brawl, and can give me some consistent snake practice, the next time you guys see me, youll see how good I really am and not just some piss poor stand in.

San, Pikax2, Jesiah, Myself, Cura, Snakeee, and XXX
I think a crew made of 5 of those 7 would definitely give PA a run for their money.
I seriously dunno what yo deal is lately wit Angel, but I still firmly believe im much better than him, and if I have to will MM him to prove it.

EDIT: ACTUALLY before I even get on this list of people for a crew battle, I wanna know why Dr. G aint on this either.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
How are you on this list Goggles and not me, when I've beaten you not once but twice in tourney? I'm one of the most consistent players in upstate New York and should be relied on for stuff like this.

Gay.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Well, the PA players that WENT are being cool about it, but random PA people are coming in like "**** IMMA NEVER GO TO NO UPSTATE TOURNEY EVER."
Which is silly.
Random PA ppl lol
I was the first one to wanna go to this and started asking other ppl to go. I had to drop out cause I need to save my money for rent + apex + MLG but have still been following it as much as I can because I'm def interested in the next one... sort of. Also being the main TO down here, I love to see how other tourneys run and stuff, and I'm just surprised that whistle blowing and yelling **** like that was tolerated
I heard good things from the tourney but then people have been saying other things lately and idk lol. Watching that video of some hyperactive kid yelling "****" for 6 minutes straight during a match is just annoying and -_-
Some of the players up there are mad cool like Pikapika and San. I've talked to Cura online a lot and he seems awesome, and Goggles is fun to chill with, even if he thinks he's gonna beat me :p

And most of the "random PA ppl" in here talking, aka the ones that didn't attend the event, are Vex and I, 2 and 3 in PA. So if you guys are lookin' for a crew battle, you can bet we'll be there lol

UHG

just get creative in your trash talk or something lmao

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
no joke, that was the most uninspired (however, at the same time the most hyped) trashtalk we've ever had.

I would have jumped in there and said some actual funny things as opposed to saying the same thing over and over and louder and louder until its funny. but I was too tired to attempt to get my voice heard over angels. Me and .com were pretty much gettin at it all day tho.

@ the crew battle thing
1. MOSS, Im not gonna lie, I just flat out forgot about you.
2. JG, I think that most of us would agree to me being better than you when we are both playing at a best. I think thats what people would say but Id have no way to be sure of that. also, beating me doesnt necessarily mean that you would be better in a crew battle situation. It may, or it may not.
3. Dr. G sucks now, go back and check the results for any tourney hes been too since he went back to NYC. Shiz is ATROCIOUS.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Not this again loll. And you said I was overconfident. Try beating me in tourney before claiming you are better than me bro. I'm sorry but you can only say that you had an off day or are having allergies or w/e it may be for so long.

And yes, crew battles could be a different story. However, when making crews in the first place, they will probably look for players who place well and do it CONSISTENTLY. So yeah, even though you had a good run one day, beating Neil at tourney, etc., you also got 13th place in a couple of tourneys around the same size and same level of competition fairly recently. If you aren't understanding what I'm saying yet, it is that you're simply unreliable. Will you get 3 stocked by a PA player or will you be on top of your game? No one can really know because you're too inconsistent. I on the other hand know that I will put a huge dent into several of PA's ranked players if not come out victorious.

So on that note, I am far more worthy and much more qualified for this crew battle roster.

:)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok, I'm going to ask NY to just stop now. Stop disrespecting another Smash state, after the tournament is clearly over. Do you not understand we're all playing the same game? We're all part of the Smash community, even if we're in different states. I want to beat PA next time we see them just as bad as all of you guys, but show some respect. The tournament is over.

And, I hope you don't take offense to this, but I skimmed over the past few pages and some people have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, including Vibeslyph and others.

Don't call anyone random, because the fact of the matter is if you attend ANY tournament, you're not random, you're someone who took time and paid to enter the same game that we all love.

I mean, I guess you guys can keep arguing with all of PA, but to all of PA, from here on out I don't support any of that at all. I have nothing but respect for you all, even if we do have sort of a rivalry now that I want to win.

And Max, stop being a ****ing idiot. You're a great player and you are very experienced yes, but you don't know wtf you're talking about right now. Stop saying stupid stuff.

Also, allow me to break down WNY Brawl for you.

Immediately, San can stand up to anyone. He's consistent and is a great player. He will most likely beat anyone in PA, or at least go even with them.

If PikaPika! is on and not playing horrible, I am confident he will beat anyone in PA.

If Cura is playing good, I think he's very very slightly behind Pika and San. He'll be a solid force in the crew.

I'm confident that when I get back into practice I won't lose to anyone in PA either, although that might be bias because I have a lot of confidence in myself.

If there was one spot left, I'm inclined to give it to Snakeee. He has a lot of experience and although he's proven to be a little inconsistent the past few times I've seen him, he's still a great ZSS and very capable of beating PA's best. It could go either way with him.

KID is also very very good, much better than me at the moment and capable of beating nearly anyone that isn't Snake. The only reason he's not on that immediate list is because he doesn't seem to do that great in tournies and loses to people that really surprise me, considering how good I know he is. If he just fixed a few things and played to his potential all the time, he could easily be on that list, in fact I might even have to take someone out of the list for him if it came to that.

Anyways, this is just my opinion and I'm excited about the new PA/NY rivalry.

Edit-JamesG- I have to agree that since you've beaten KID in tourney twice, you have the right to say you are better than him, because you performed better when it counts. Just hope that he actually doesn't get consistent though because I don't see you being able to beat him at his best.

And no offense at all, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or anything...Just giving an unbiased opinion based on what I know from both of you.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Jesiah I respect your opinion but you haven't played me in months, and it was the second tourney I ever participated in. We played what, one friendly? Play me before you judge me.

And oh no, my feelings are hurt! :(

loll

M@v

Subarashii!
Yoooo any of you ny people want to mm/friendly at apex? I've only gotten to play a couple of you in friendlies.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
James- I just posted a whole lot of stuff that I felt was really insightful and clear to understand what my reasoning is, but Smashboards deleted it all.

Eh, it's probably better to talk about this on AIM or something if you prefer.

In short, I just think you're much too inexperienced to be able to judge yourself properly.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I'm dedicated enough to be on a player like San's or Matt's level at this time and I really have no idea what I'm doing in some matchups, but I am a smart player and have always been good at reading people. That alone has made me a difficult challenge for most players I have come across.

And yeah, I don't mind hearing your reasoning man.

Actually **** it i'll go on AIM. 1 min.

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
34 people for Brawl? Good ****.

SSBBF!!!??? OMG DUDE DO YOU REMEMBER ME???
OMG ITS YOU =D long time no see man! and yea no way do I forget my friends man, you must be nuts haha but yeah I'm finally making my way towards offline tourneys, didn't expect to see a post from you here, how's it been?

Sharky

Smash Master
Yoooo any of you ny people want to mm/friendly at apex? I've only gotten to play a couple of you in friendlies.
get@me brah

and yeah I think it's about time we cut this back and forth stuff out. Let's not ruin a great tournament by creating hard feelings afterward that didn't exist before we got on the boards.

D

Deleted member

And Max, stop being a ****ing idiot. You're a great player and you are very experienced yes, but you don't know wtf you're talking about right now. Stop saying stupid stuff.
As far as I know, a lot of people from both regions agreed with me. What am I missing?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Also being the main TO down here, I love to see how other tourneys run and stuff, and I'm just surprised that whistle blowing and yelling **** like that was tolerated
Well as the main TO if things had gotten out of hand i would have put people in their place 100% but nothing got out of hand. It was tolerated because the trash talk was distributed by both regions. The only thing that i was concerned about is when pikapika was winning back to back on kt, everyone would start to hop up and i think it'd literally shake the building and flicker some of the lights Lol

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
lol.... kyle is right i sux atm but thats gonna change for sure before apex 2

dayum james i wanna play you when im back in the fall or if ur gonna come to apex2 u seem better now =O

btw... does anyone have a wii that u can sell to me oh and brawl too? =D

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
and yeah I think it's about time we cut this back and forth stuff out. Let's not ruin a great tournament by creating hard feelings afterward that didn't exist before we got on the boards.
^This

Also, How many of you guys are going to Apex? I'm really gonna try to get down there.

@MOSS: Hah, I remember you, the MK who almost took my spot @ Stylin' On You right?
Were you at this?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Wait till I get a bit better, I'LL BE CONSIDERED FOR CREWS, HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'll give it two more months of training with Angel, and Goggles. I will be good! D:<

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Wait till I get a bit better, I'LL BE CONSIDERED FOR CREWS, HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'll give it two more months of training with Angel, and Goggles. I will be good! D:<
:/ Hope I can keep up.

I'll be driving by spring though :3. I might host **** as well, if I can convince people to drive 2 and a half hours, Lol!

Sharky

Smash Master
^This

Also, How many of you guys are going to Apex? I'm really gonna try to get down there.

@MOSS: Hah, I remember you, the MK who almost took my spot @ Stylin' On You right?
Were you at this?
you don't have much longer to register =/

for brawl it's me goggles neil vibe dr G snakeee possibly angel.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
^This

Were you at this?
Haha I was talkin to SSBBF 1337-0 hes a mad old friend from fauxfinder. But yeah I'm that same dude, and I wasnt at this cuz im in NJ for summer instead of school up in rochester so I couldnt drive 5 hours for the tourney

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
You'll have to give a better high five than Cura though. I'm not sure you're cut out for it.
Haha I was talkin to SSBBF 1337-0 hes a mad old friend from fauxfinder. But yeah I'm that same dude, and I wasnt at this cuz im in NJ for summer instead of school up in rochester so I couldnt drive 5 hours for the tourney
I see, still come down sometime. I wanna play you again. I met SSBBF on fauxfinder too XD.

As for Apex I've learned I can't go. But that's alright, I need to work my way up anyway (Not that Apex wouldn't help that, but I don't mind taking it slow).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom