• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tails the fox has arrived! (Video up!)

shock44

Smash Journeyman

ZeonDude

Smash Rookie
Hey I has anyone seen this yet?

quote of StarWaffle
"heya, the reason he only shows up with a smash ball is because his “BodyM” bone is the same index as most of the brawls cast “yelloweye” which you are only aloud to see theyre yellow eyes when they have a smash ball. So that means you can only see their body when you have a smash ball. just change the bodyM from boneindex 1 to something else and you can see the whole model =D"

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
OOh me me, im back, and i posted my new idea on Zeon team link. Check it

okay weegee update we now have the run glitch fixed we swapped back to jiggly,were just going to have to redo all psa which sucks :( but we can fix all the glitches :)

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman

Tails says hi.

don't mind that he looks the way he does, he's just trying to fit into Jigglypuff's animations, the important thing is that this is the model from Green Hill Zone showing up without a smash ball.

Weegee, just tell me who you want Tails over and i'll do it.

redsonicblast

Smash Rookie
Tails says hi.

don't mind that he looks the way he does, he's just trying to fit into Jigglypuff's animations, the important thing is that this is the model from Green Hill Zone showing up without a smash ball.

I may not be Mr. Weegee, but would it be possible for tails to be a one slot replacement for sonic (with his tails out of his spinball, ala sonic 2 and after)?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I ported the stage to work over green hill zone without REl files.
It works out great with no glitches as far as I could tell. Now, it will work for PAL users as well and people who don't want to lose their Green Hill zone.
So its compatible with the clone engine now.
I'm a PAL user myself so I'm sure it works for PAL.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rxgxmzwzmjx

I also recommend you uploading this to brawlvault, its a great stage and now that you don't need REL files I think this is gonna get quite populair.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman

Tails says hi.

Snoop can you gimmie dowwnload for jig fixed? u have to use Fit sonic animations

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
That Tails is simply amazing (minus Jigglypuff's animations of course :p)

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
he went all willy nilly stretch with sonic animations... I think there is both of them in at the same time, some how we will have to delete all of jigs

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman

Tails over Yoshi with Sonic's animations applied. this is before i renamed a few bones so he could actually walk right.

xANDERssbb, i think the twitching had something to do with hexing the bones, which is why i tried finding an alternative, which ended up being Yoshi. i'll send you the file in a few.

also, are you and ZeonDude working together or something?

oh, and i should really thank you ZeonDude, if you wouldn't have brought up what Starwaffle said, none of this would be happening, and with it, i've been able to get Tails working, Shadow Mario's hat to show up, Razanak's Roader to show up, and a couple of other models to show up for other people's projects as well. so thank you for bringing to up, and obvioulsy Starwaffle for figuring out the problem to begin with.

and i'll leave you with one other side effect of Tails on Yoshi with Sonic's animations

spring = egg

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Hah, that's neat. Do you think you could make it bounce around instead of cracking on contact?

Lol, is that a pink Sandbag? Why do I have the insane urge to lick it?

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
okay snoop, we had it on yoshi but idk what we were thinking , were goign to keep it on yoshi, cause he is pointless. Anyways we will need to start psa soon :).
Ans yes me and zeon dude are workign on this together,alogn with alot of other people.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
xANDERssbb, if you do it on Yoshi, you will need to rename a few bones to make it match Yoshi's so you can avoid the running glitch, or at least rename Tails's BodyM to TransN. it will make him drop into the ground a bit, but that can be fixed with tweaking the animations a bit. i can send you the file i have if you want. and if you need any other help, just ask.

and TommoPuppy, it would be cool to have the spring bounce around, but i have no idea how i could do that, maybe PSA, but i'm not sure. and yes, it's a pink sandbag. i got an item recolor pack and they decided to make the sandbag female, hence pink with a bow. and you probably want to lick it because of its pinkness.

ZeonDude

Smash Rookie
I found something out, but I'm sure if it will help with anything. When sonic spinball polygon shows up all of his other polygons don't go away, polygons 23 and 24 are still there. Dose that help with anything?

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
So as of now im jumbled up the model has so many problems, but then agian we coudl use the masatwog model that wouldnt have any glitches, but im like, hmm it will look cheesey and not brawlofyed looking. Soo idk what is gonna happen, if we do plan on using the brawl tails model we will have to wait a while for the next brawlbox to add real bones.Until then im clueless... :(

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Well...a lot of things happened...and I haven't seen Smashboards in weeks.

Anyway, looks like a lot of nice progress was made!

Did you need my help on anything, or are you still deciding what model to use?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
it's about time you get back Weegee. i've been able to figure out why the brawl model of Tails was acting stupid, and i now have a Tails model that can go on just about any character that has a low TransN bone. i can send you the model, and i can out it over a character first if you want. i think xANDERssbb is sticking with a different model set up, having Tails over Yoshi.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
as of now we got tails brawl model fully working but we have item glitch(cant be fixed till next bb) not so big of a deal. But number one we need a grab glitch fix we cant find anythign on how to fix it somehow!everythign weve tried doesnt work. :(

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
have you tried what i told you to do? and is it when Tails grabs others, or when others grab Tails?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
both then? so your Tails model has a HipN where Yoshi's is, and a bone named ThrowN as well? the HipN should fix the being grabbed part, and having a ThrowN should fix the other. send me the model and i'll see if i can fix the problem then.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
both then? so your Tails model has a HipN where Yoshi's is, and a bone named ThrowN as well? the HipN should fix the being grabbed part, and having a ThrowN should fix the other. send me the model and i'll see if i can fix the problem then.
will do.Sending now

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
xANDERssbb, if you do it on Yoshi, you will need to rename a few bones to make it match Yoshi's so you can avoid the running glitch, or at least rename Tails's BodyM to TransN. it will make him drop into the ground a bit, but that can be fixed with tweaking the animations a bit. i can send you the file i have if you want. and if you need any other help, just ask.

and TommoPuppy, it would be cool to have the spring bounce around, but i have no idea how i could do that, maybe PSA, but i'm not sure. and yes, it's a pink sandbag. i got an item recolor pack and they decided to make the sandbag female, hence pink with a bow. and you probably want to lick it because of its pinkness.
Mario's Fireballs bounce, check out how those work and that should give you a clue.

Top Bottom