• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tails the fox has arrived! (Video up!)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Oh yes, much better.

Has anyone ever noticed that texture deleting for some things is MUCH easier than model hacking? Like making Ike's cape an invisible color instead of removing it from the model.

Oops, did I say Ike?

I've said too much. <looks around suspiciously>
Sometimes if you make something transparent, it will show up transparent in brawlbox. but when you go in game it shows up solid black o.o The cape probably works though

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Sometimes if you make something transparent, it will show up transparent in brawlbox. but when you go in game it shows up solid black o.o The cape probably works though
That's only if the ENTIRE texture is transparent. I was sneaky and put one pixel in the corner.

Muahahaha...

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Does that actually work?!

I've been surprised a lot today.
[sarcasm]No, I was just lying to you poor people.[/sarcasm]

It really does, though, here:

My texture for his cape (you have to download it and zoom in to see the pixel)

This incomplete mofo in-game

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Would the pixel happen to be the tiny white dot on his shoulder neck area. That dot sticks out which is why I said that.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Know what I was thinking?

For all the characters that have "Clones" that have similar attacks, we change their Final Smashes.

Give Falco the Arwing (From his entry animation).

Give Ness PSI Rockin' Omega (or PK Rock-on, as I would call it if it were translated that way).

Speaking of Final Smashes.

Vids plz. *Goes to bed due to school tomorrow*

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Know what I was thinking?

For all the characters that have "Clones" that have similar attacks, we change their Final Smashes.

Give Falco the Arwing (From his entry animation).

Give Ness PSI Rockin' Omega (or PK Rock-on, as I would call it if it were translated that way).

Speaking of Final Smashes.

Vids plz. *Goes to bed due to school tomorrow*
No! Ness gets Starstorm, Lucas gets PK Love :D

Falco getting the Arwing is what I thought it would be from the beginning, but no.

"Personally, I prefer the air!" *jumps into ground vehicle*

-_-

shock44

Smash Journeyman
No! Ness gets Starstorm, Lucas gets PK Love :D

Falco getting the Arwing is what I thought it would be from the beginning, but no.

"Personally, I prefer the air!" *jumps into ground vehicle*

-_-
Lol, that is a good point right there.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Ness can't even learn Starstorm in Earthbound/ Mother 2, thats why I suggested PSI Rockin Omega.

I mean, why not? You could have Ness take out a Guitar (Vertex hacked, for originality), then control the Sound Waves with his psycho-kinetic abilities to use as a concept to create PSi Rockin.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Ness can't even learn Starstorm in Earthbound/ Mother 2, thats why I suggested PSI Rockin Omega.

I mean, why not? You could have Ness take out a Guitar (Vertex hacked, for originality), then control the Sound Waves with his psycho-kinetic abilities to use as a concept to create PSi Rockin.
Neither could Lucas in Mother 3... -_-

Ha, a funnier one for Lucas would be PK Omelets (his default favorite food). XD

Anyways, lets stop spammin' up the Tails thread.

Psst, Weegee, if I help you with Nolan, will you help me with Balloon Fighter (when he works)?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
...any progress on Nolan?

Also, I think the hammer's issue is from deleting bad polygons. I can't fix that because the only one I deleted was the stand, and it would look odd attached to the hammer.

Maybe if I hex it away rather than use the Automatic Polygon Deleter...

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
im back weegee i havent done alot to tails lately :( but im hoping to get him good and ready for some non glitch stuff lol.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
That's okay, I haven't been getting much work done on him, either.

And break for me is two weeks later (well, 11 days from now).

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
InTrepid, I found a Nolan picture high-res enough to see the belt design.

Anyway, I fixed most of Tails' problems. Any progress on getting him to work on another char?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
InTrepid, I found a Nolan picture high-res enough to see the belt design.

Anyway, I fixed most of Tails' problems. Any progress on getting him to work on another char?
Well I've tried every character except for: Snake, ROB, the pokemon trainer pokemon, and mr. game and watch. The only character he seems to be working on fully is Yoshi. So I say we should try to figure out a way to work with Yoshi's stuff. Does anyone know if Yoshi's graphics are external graphics or articles?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Ah, Nolan. I'll be working on him whenever I can. I don't have much access to a computer right now so please excuse me. :-/

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Well I've tried every character except for: Snake, ROB, the pokemon trainer pokemon, and mr. game and watch. The only character he seems to be working on fully is Yoshi. So I say we should try to figure out a way to work with Yoshi's stuff. Does anyone know if Yoshi's graphics are external graphics or articles?
I would think that they weren't articles, mainly becuase of what they do and where they're located.

Ah, Nolan. I'll be working on him whenever I can. I don't have much access to a computer right now so please excuse me. :-/
K, I totally understand.

If I sound like I'm rushing you guys, I'm just trying to keep some talk in the thread. :laugh:

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I would think that they weren't articles, mainly becuase of what they do and where they're located.
Yeah I just checked Yoshi's specials in Smash Attacks and I don't see a Generate Article command anywhere. So I think we could use Yoshi. Is anyone willing to take on this duty or will I have to do it sometime myself?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I thought it was for people with the same amount of constructor lines in their .rel.

...oh wait. Even if that did work, the costume wouldn't unless it were on Yoshi.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Alright, spring break!

Hey InTrepid, how's that costume going?

If you don't want to finish it, can I at least have what's finished?

Also, I've been a bit busy lately, so I din't make much Tails progress.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Alright, spring break!

Its been a while sincei posted or did anything but i will tell u tails will get alot of progress done after this next week, im takign a spring break.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I was just about to bump the thread. XD

Anyway, it seems that the down B was a max charge super scope shot, so I can't increase that. I'll embrace the running glitch.

Hope some model swapping progress happens soon! :)

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Alright, spring break!

Gah...

I guess I'll send you what little I have if you want it. Unfortunately I've been pretty busy in real life the last couple of days...

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Well, I guess a little is better than nothing.

If you're planning on finishing it, that's fine too. I just wanted something in case you were planning on quitting.

DARKSHADEDX

Smash Rookie
Is this not THE tails thread? If there is another one please link me.
well yes and no, its the one xANDER is working on over at ZEON team.. and making good progress might I add :)

http://zeonteam.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/tails-working/

I think he currently has him over working meta-knight... using a different tails model, he has a run glitch, he disappears after second jump and he's trying to apply weegee's moveset... it should be awesome when done :D

Top Bottom