• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Once the PSA is up, I will never play as Wolf again :D

I find it easier to critque movesets after I test them out for myself. Seeing descriptions on a screen isn't the best way for me to judge.

No pressure to rush it though :)

Edit: Kingdom Come,

Material Blade texture is worth waiting forever ;)

lol maybe one of the Lloyd textures could keep the rainbow swords :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh. Hell. Yes.

Welcome to the team!

I need to ask NerfIsPwnage about the Vorpal Sword. He got a decent looking vertex of the Flameberge which is considerably more trouble to do.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
O.O

*Adds SqLeon*

I love you so much man, <3

I'd say no homo, but he has rainbow swords lmao.

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
Guys this looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait to try Lloyd out once you started working on the PSA. Keep up the good work

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Talk to ds22. He has those.

Added SqLeon's link to the OP and is listed as "Lloyd 0.02".

This is really running so nicely right now and there really isn't that much left besides the PSA and some filler animations not provided by ToS2. Then we'll have to look into the thrown glitch (not the grab glitch which is already fixed) because there's a massive variety of effects that occur which can also be fixed at the root of the problem (Lucas' DThrow causes Lloyd's polygons to barf all over the screen; the most common thrown issue is just floating into the air).

Zephron

Smash Ace
I think we should fix all the Lloyd PSA problems that aren't related to the moveset, before working on the moveset.

For instance:

• Lloyd turning white all the time
• Lloyd turning into 10000 polygons of death
• Lloyd's scabbards aren't present unless he is white

@ GD

You need to be on Skype more, friend. Thanyou and I are getting lonely.
We also need you to decide whether I should post on KCMM or not. Fen__ and I both have good arguments.

Feel free to join us on Skype too, SqLeon. Add me on Skype: Zephronic
(Cursed fiends already took Zephron)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, based on what SqLeon just did I'm hoping he might know some insight on those issues.

And yes, I need to get back into staying on Skype again. It is of rather importance as to whether or not this gets posted there soon or at the end.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Could I trouble you for that .pac SqLeon?

Also My skype name is mecha_101

EDIT: Lawl majorly ninja'd xD

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
We're working on it as I type this :D

We also got the swords to work in a less glitchy manner; I'll try and get a pic uploaded.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Here's the glitches I've found after working with the latest FitWolf.pac and FitMotion.

- All special effects are gone. Seriously. Shields, Wolf's blaster, even the blast things when you die, gone.

- In Lloyd's waiting animation, his swords are stabbing inside his legs. Ow.

- Leon noted this before, but I figured I'd put it on here: The white Glitch is gone!!!
...except when you die, Lloyd remains white. That's the only instance.

That's it. Mainly fix that weird special effect eraser O_o
This is indeed, the best project ever.

ds22

Smash Lord
Here's the glitches I've found after working with the latest FitWolf.pac and FitMotion.

- All special effects are gone. Seriously. Shields, Wolf's blaster, even the blast things when you die, gone.

- Leon noted this before, but I figured I'd put it on here: The white Glitch is gone!!!

I have found a fix for the missing effects glitch.
It seems the Sword Glow was the problem so I added a line before the two Sword Glow lines (I added Terminate Sword Glow) and the problem was solved without harming anything.

Zephron

Smash Ace
It seems the Sword Glow was the problem so I added a line before the two Sword Glow lines (I added Terminate Sword Glow) and the problem was solved without harming anything.
Hooray! Effects ftw!
I never even saw any sword glow at all though O-o

It existed? We need to make it visible.

You removed it though O_o
.. Lloyd needs a sword glow...

The material blades depend on it! D:

ds22

Smash Lord
Hooray! Effects ftw!
I never even saw any sword glow at all though O-o

It existed? We need to make it visible.

You removed it though O_o
.. Lloyd needs a sword glow...

The material blades depend on it! D:
Go to Wait1 in PSA and then to GFX.
There you'll see the 2 Sword Glow events.
Add a Terminate Sword Glow line and put it above the Sword Glow event.
Even though it sounds like the Terminate Sword Glow event would delete the swords, it won't (shown here at 1:17: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uamLR6vQTqA).
It goes the same for Roy's hair.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wow, very nice work with this! You even fixed the whole "stuck with this flash color" glitch. Did you manage to fix the thrown glitch?

Either way, it won't be long before I consider this a point where Zephron can ask for a featuring of the first, nearly complete model hack!

ds22

Smash Lord
Wow, very nice work with this! You even fixed the whole "stuck with this flash color" glitch. Did you manage to fix the thrown glitch?

Either way, it won't be long before I consider this a point where Zephron can ask for a featuring of the first, nearly complete model hack!
SqLeon fixed the flash glitch, I just did it for a few more animations. :D
And I'm still waiting for Shock44 for his answer about a fix for the throw glitch.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman

The swords stabbing through his legs might be fixed by editing the bones for the swords in the animation.

Awesome!!, I was wondering why that was happening.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If you two find another good point to make an update, I'll put it in the OP. I'm hoping to see all non-PSA related glitches out of the way (all variations of the throw glitch) and then fix any other issues that are related to PSA (sword glow/trail things, flashes on all animations fixed, etc.).

By then, I would ask to sync a couple of things up with the animations we already have (not all of them), add some effects for flashiness, possibly have voices done beforehand (if not, we'll just play music in the feature video over it unless said otherwise), and have all costumes complete (Pirate outfit is the last and simplest unique costume left). I might have the Material Blades in there, which reminds me that I need to PM nerf about the Vorpal Sword and then have Zephron texture those as best as he can.

After the featuring, we are left with syncing up all pieces of the placeholder moveset, finalizing the release moveset, getting SFX in if we haven't already, filling in missing animations (will take the most time probably), and sealing the deal with a complete package of CSPs, costumes, replacement .brsar, and call it a job well done (with balance patches following the release).

We still have things to do, but we're absolutely set for Lloyd to make his way completely into Brawl!

Also, ds22. The wait animation you were using was not Lloyd's battle wait animation, hence why the swords were stabbing through. His proper wait has him holding both swords at his sides.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I assume you want me to feature this on KCMM soon then? Woohoo!

I am like 90% done with the Flamberge texture. It is extremely difficult to texture and I recommend we do what Eldiran did for Zero: Intense sword trail going on 24/7 making the sword look "glowey".

Can we give both swords two different colored glows?
If we can, I totally recommend adding them.

Once I finish the Pirate costume, I'll make CSPs and the like.

I recommend we don't fully release it until we have some rigorous balancing discussion btw.

ds22

Smash Lord
If you two find another good point to make an update, I'll put it in the OP. I'm hoping to see all non-PSA related glitches out of the way (all variations of the throw glitch) and then fix any other issues that are related to PSA (sword glow/trail things, flashes on all animations fixed, etc.).

By then, I would ask to sync a couple of things up with the animations we already have (not all of them), add some effects for flashiness, possibly have voices done beforehand (if not, we'll just play music in the feature video over it unless said otherwise), and have all costumes complete (Pirate outfit is the last and simplest unique costume left). I might have the Material Blades in there, which reminds me that I need to PM nerf about the Vorpal Sword and then have Zephron texture those as best as he can.

After the featuring, we are left with syncing up all pieces of the placeholder moveset, finalizing the release moveset, getting SFX in if we haven't already, filling in missing animations (will take the most time probably), and sealing the deal with a complete package of CSPs, costumes, replacement .brsar, and call it a job well done (with balance patches following the release).

We still have things to do, but we're absolutely set for Lloyd to make his way completely into Brawl!

Also, ds22. The wait animation you were using was not Lloyd's battle wait animation, hence why the swords were stabbing through. His proper wait has him holding both swords at his sides.
Well, I didn't get that new Wait1 animation yet.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I assume you want me to feature this on KCMM soon then? Woohoo!

I am like 90% done with the Flamberge texture. It is extremely difficult to texture and I recommend we do what Eldiran did for Zero: Intense sword trail going on 24/7 making the sword look "glowey".

Can we give both swords two different colored glows?
If we can, I totally recommend adding them.

Once I finish the Pirate costume, I'll make CSPs and the like.

I recommend we don't fully release it until we have some rigorous balancing discussion btw.
Yep, as long as we get a number of the prerequisites I mentioned finished, I'll definitely give you the heads up for it.

If we can create two different sword glows, I'm positive we could also assign two different colors. What we might not be able to do is a proper silhouette model. I'm not entirely sure what are options are besides PSA-made trails because I thought some sword effects required a model to work with. Trails/glows aren't one of those so I know that'll work.

Good; I can link it all in the OP until I package it all for the release (obviously, I won't use img tags for the portraits).

There's only so much balance talk we can do until we need a lot more input after the release. However, we can certainly eliminate any immediate factors of brokenness (both strong and weak) right off the bat for sure. I'll definitely make sure Dark Sonic tests this as I think he's the kind of guy who will quickly find exploits or limitations in the moveset.

Well, I didn't get that new Wait1 animation yet.
I'm trying to recall who thanyou distributed the animations to. Perhaps he didn't give you that one? Regardless, I guess it's just a heads up that nothing really needs to be done to the wait. Just a simple update is all.

One more thing: What is that awesome song on your Final Destination?

ds22

Smash Lord
Yep, as long as we get a number of the prerequisites I mentioned finished, I'll definitely give you the heads up for it.

If we can create two different sword glows, I'm positive we could also assign two different colors. What we might not be able to do is a proper silhouette model. I'm not entirely sure what are options are besides PSA-made trails because I thought some sword effects required a model to work with. Trails/glows aren't one of those so I know that'll work.

Good; I can link it all in the OP until I package it all for the release (obviously, I won't use img tags for the portraits).

There's only so much balance talk we can do until we need a lot more input after the release. However, we can certainly eliminate any immediate factors of brokenness (both strong and weak) right off the bat for sure. I'll definitely make sure Dark Sonic tests this as I think he's the kind of guy who will quickly find exploits or limitations in the moveset.

I'm trying to recall who thanyou distributed the animations to. Perhaps he didn't give you that one? Regardless, I guess it's just a heads up that nothing really needs to be done to the wait. Just a simple update is all.

One more thing: What is that awesome song on your Final Destination?
Well that would be Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story Final Boss Battle.
And no, he didn't give me the new Wait1.
Also, if Shock doesn't find out a solution for the throw glitch, we could ask SqLeon if he knows (since Ichigo doesn't have the throw glitch).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wait, why Lloyd?
why not Cress?
or BETTER YET
YURI!!!
If there was a model from a Wii game of either of them in .mdl0 format, I totally would. I'm near the end of ToP and cherished the thought of playing Cless (too used to the Japanese name) in Brawl.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
I am currently on a quest to extract Kratos's model and somehow convert it to .mld0 format.

Slow going, but Kratos in brawl will be worth it :)

Top Bottom