• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
@Gamedominator and sorta everyone...

Umm.. not to seem impatient but could we maybe stop the moveset discussion and all agree i mean why cant we just have exactly what llyod has in the game

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Simply porting attacks a moveset does not make.

If that were the case, Snake would be breaking your neck and Captain Falcon would just drive cars at people.

Zephron

Smash Ace
:mad: Im saying since we've all played tales of symphonia just immitate the moves llyod has on smash bros... and no need to be so mean i was just saying

As much as we'd love it to be that simple, it's not.

Everyone has a different opinion of how Lloyd should be and what moves he should and shouldn't have.

Some like you would probably be fine with whatever but a lot of us a somewhat more opinionated.

There should probably be some more discussion.

Also I take some blame too, I haven't finished Lloyd's Noble Costume yet. I had tons of school and haven't worked on it in a long time.

I will start crackin' at it soon!

EDIT: I made a Lloyd Icon for the folder he's in. (No I don't use Linux, I just like penguins. Don't judge.)

I'll most certainly start on Lloyd nao.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
The moveset!

Hey everyone. I'm going to apologize in advance for the length of this post, but this is the entire moveset that Zeph and I are recommending for Lloyd. He is, in fact, here with me now assisting me with this post. On an unrelated note, my music wasn't put on the front page or anything... I'll put the download here again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2re0etmm2mt

You're welcome.

Moving on, we present... Lloyd! Yeah!

Specials: The theme for the specials is pretty much being canon.
Up Special: Psi Tempest. It's pretty much how we had imagined Tempest as an up b being earlier. However, for the benefit of you guys, I'll be very clear. Psi Tempest will go about the upwards height of Brawl+ Link's up b. It's not especially high, but it's not going to be absurdly easy to gimp him like vBrawl Link. He will have hitboxes surrounding him. It will hit 6 times for 3% each. Keep in mind, though, that hitting with all six will be very difficult since they don't neatly combo into each other. You're likely to hit with 2-3. Keep in mind also that the hits will go on as Lloyd goes up and a little bit into his fall. Psi Tempest actually had Lloyd end attacking before landing, and that's what we're doing. He goes into special fall. The second to last hit occurs at the peak of the attack and the last after.

Down Special: Beast. Lloyd starts with a quick ram of his shoulder and turns around to unleash a massive beast head. There is huge afterlag, but not much before. The beast head only happens if the shoulder ram connects fully so as to prevent brokenness with sheildstabbing and edgeguarding, etc. There is still lots of lag after missing the shoulder ram. This attack is very punishable if not landed. The move, however, is very punishing if it does land. The shoulder ram does 2% and the beast head does 18%. The knockback is stronger than an Ike ftilt, but not by a huge amount. It should just be a little stronger than that. It needs kill potential at high percentages.

Aerial Down Special: Hunting Beast. It's simply the last hit of Hunting Beast. Lloyd plummets downwards quickly in a manner similar to the down b's of Bowser and Yoshi. Unlike them, however, the hitbox on the way down is more similar to that of King Dedede's up b. It takes the foe down with Lloyd to be hit by the actual part of the attack, the grounded Hunting Beast shockwave. If they're high enough above the ground they should be able to DI away. The downwards hit does 3%, and the shockwave does 14%. The knockback is decent. It's comparable to an uncharged B+ Toon Link down smash in power and direction. There is afterlag of a punishable variety, but not nearly as much as grounded Beast. If you shield or dodge it, you should have time to come in and punish.

Side Special: Rising Falcon. Lloyd goes slightly backwards diagonally upwards with super armor and dives at a pretty shallow angle. He should go about the height of a regular short hop, maybe a little bit higher than some. His body is practically a downwards hitbox as he goes down. He hits the foe along with him so as to hit said foe with the landing part of the attack too. The landing part of the attack is a great combo setup. It hits straight up with a weak knockback but high hitstun. There is some afterlag (not much startup). It's similar to the amount of afterlag from Hunting Beast, except a little less. In the air, Lloyd does not do the upwards part of the attack and just goes straight into the dive.

Neutral Special: Demon Fang. This has pretty much been decided. An unchargable projectile doing 6% that slides along the ground the speed it goes in the game and goes diagonally downwards in the air in a manner similar to Pikachu's. The difference is that it goes back into the diagonally downwards direction when it slides off of platforms. It travels about 3/4 the distance of Final Destination. Knockback and hitstun are both small. Also, Lloyd's slash that generates the Demon Fang has a 2% hitbox also with minimal knockback and hitstun. There's some afterlag, but not much. It's pretty quick all around.

Smashes: Lloyd's smashes are quick and useful. His Dsmash is a bit stronger and slower.
Side Smash: Sonic Thrust. Lloyd thrusts quickly with a sword. At full charge it becomes Super Sonic Thrust and has a jump upwards in knockback and damage (more so than smashes usually increase when charged). At no charge, the move does 13% with medium knockback and 20% with high knockback at full charge. Lag for this move is medium with the lag spread out between before and after lag.

Down Smash: Demonic Circle. Lloyd performs a sped up Demon Fang at a short range in front of him and slams the ground, creating a shock wave that hits in front and behind him. It's pretty powerful since there's some decent afterlag. Also, it does not hit behind him immediately. The damage specs are 2% for the Demon Fang generating slash, 3% for the Demon Fang, 13% for the front of the shockwave and 17% for the back.

Up Smash: Generic Thrust and Slash.Lloyd thrusts a sword upwards, impaling the foe and holding him/her in place. Lloyd quickly slashes with the other sword for the actual slash. Thrust does 4%, slash does 8%. Has weak kill potential, but it definitely exists. Very quick, low lag on both sides, but weak.

Tilts: Lloyd's tilts have been the topic of much controversy and debate. With this moveset, I made his tilts into multihit combo attacks.
Down Tilt: Sword Rain. Lloyd does his trademark, low-centered series of thrusts. With no alterations, it does 9%. There's medium afterlag and little startup. This is the cool part. If Lloyd presses A in a certain small window, he performs Sword Rain Alpha instead. The damage increases to 12%, the knockback increases and changes to upwards, and there's more afterlag. The jump is small, btw. The jumps for these moves are being increased for the sake of convenience. In a smaller window at the sameish time as the first one, you can press B to do Sword Rain Beta instead of Alpha or regular. In Beta, you do a total of 14% damage, the second to last slash ensures the last slash. The last slash hits downwards at an angle, but it's a very weak spike. It's supposed to get the foe on the ground in front of you (at a distance, not immediately in front of you). It also only works at higher damage, like the Ice Climbers grab chaining to a Nana spike. It's very similar to that. The cooldown lag is a tiny bit longer than that of Alpha. Mostly he has to land from his position in the air.

Forward Tilt: Tiger Blade. Lloyd jumps to a very short height (think Marth's short hop in that one B+ build: very, very short), slashing as he does so. He immediately slashes downwards and lands. Lag is small on both ends. The second hit hits forward rather than down. Each hit does 4%. Very quick overall.

Up Tilt: Tempest. This has possibly been the most controversial of the moves in this moveset (barring the whole Beast/Rising Falcon debate). LLoyd quickly jumps up, spinning his swords around him. He falls back down with low/medium afterlag and small startup lag. Does a total of 8-9% if all hits connect. It will not likely hit people on the ground to the side of him with any hits but maybe the first unless they are directly on top of him. People above him, however, will have to take the brunt of the attack. However, there's not much knockback, and it doesn't easily combo into anything. It's mostly punishment of people trying to take easy shots at Lloyd from the air.

Alternative Up Tilt: Generic Slash. In the event of extreme disapproval of Tempest, I have created an alternative Up Tilt. Lloyd takes a leaf out of Link's book and slashes a sword across his body. It does 9%, small knockback, good for comboing. Small lag, etc. It's like B+ Link or Toon Link's Utilt. It fits less with his other tilts, however, since it's non-canon and single hit, but I'm offering it as an alternative if you guys really don't like Tempest.

Aerials: Lloyd's aerials are short and sweet. They don't have much knockback or kill potential, or even very much damage, but they combo well and have little lag. My aerials are less clearly defined than most of my other moves and are therefore open to change. Tiger Blade for the fair and Tempest for the nair are not options.
Neutral Air: Spin and Slash. Lloyd does a spinning move very similar to Peach or Ness's nairs except with swords. It's pretty quick, more medium knockback, and does 12%. Since he has 2 long swords, the hitbox is pretty big. It has medium afterlag, probably the most of his aerials.

Forward Air: Canon Slash. That's right, one of Lloyd's aerials is actually canon! In ToS, hitting "a" in the air made Lloyd do a downwards slash in front of him surprisingly similar to Marth's fair. It does 11% with pretty small diagonally upwards knockback. The upwards angle is pretty low, but not unreasonably so. Pretty low lag on both ends. Like the other aerials, it'll need some playtesting before it's perfected.

Backward Air: Steal Ike's. <- That. Lloyd will perform a much faster spinning strike very similar to Ike's bair and add a second hit with his other sword in as he spins (in this case a little more like Link's fair). It'll be very fast, with the second hit having the knockback, which is medium, a little stronger than the nair, but still weaker than Link's fair. Think of Toon Link's nair for the knockback. First hit does 3%, second 9.

Up Air: Scissor Slash. Lloyd does sort of a scissor cut above him, with one sword starting on one side of his body and the other on the other (as in, his arms start out crossed). He slashes both upwards and they meet in the middle then return to their respective sides. Damage is about 13%, low-medium upwards knockback, sides of attack hit into the middle with weak (2-3% hitboxes) and then they are hit with the middle part.

Down Air: Flip Slash. Lloyd flips upside down towards the screen, slashes beneath him, and flips back upright. Think Diddy's dair were he holding a sword and actually spun all the way around rather than not flipping. It does 15% and is a weak spike. Because of the length of the animation, it actually takes much longer than most of his attacks to startup, and the cooldown lag isn't particularly low either.

Throws: The throws are even more tentative than everything else. If you have any better ideas, they probably are actually better. Also, if something would be too hard to do, I'm probably OK with not doing it.
Pummel: Pistol whip. Lloyd pummels by pistol whipping with a sword hilt. It does 2% with medium speed, nothing ridiculous like Wolf's knee.

Forward Throw: SPARTA! Lloyd holds the foe out in front of him with his hand and kicks like King Leonidas. 7% damage, low knockback at a low upwards angle. Low afterlag.

Back Throw: No Good Name. Lloyd spins around and throws the foe backwards and slashes with the other hand as he continues spinning. Low knockback, 9% damage, low afterlag. Same old, same old.

Up Throw: Impale. This is the weakest of my throw ideas. Lloyd throws the foe upwards and thrusts his free sword upwards afterward. Pretty low knockback and generally not very useful. 9% damage and medium afterlag.

Down Throw: Fierce Demon Fang. This is the coolest throw idea and the most solid. It's also going to be the most useful. Lloyd throws the foe to the ground and smashes him/her/it with a Fierce Demon Fang. He slams the ground with his sword and all of the debris or whatever those brown circles in the game were provide a multi-hit attack with a total of 16% damage and lowish upward/forward knockback. It's also his best throw to setup for aerials, particularly his fair. It might need to be toned down a bit; we'll have to playtest. I want it to easily be the best throw, though.

Other: Lloyd's got a special extra mechanic in here, along with his jab and getup attacks. No, it does not include "Wardrobe Malfunction."
Special Mechanic: Guardian. By pressing "b" while shielding, Lloyd activates Guardian. If Lloyd is being attacked, it functions as a perfect shield and blocks it. If, however, a projectile runs into Guardian, it's reflected! Don't think it's broken, however. Remember how in-game Lloyd holds the pose while the Guardian fades? Well, that happens here, too, and Lloyd is vulnerable to attacks in that period. It'll need some playtesting to get right, I think.

Jab: Canon Jab. My recommendation for the jab is (shockingly) the jab that Lloyd uses in ToS. He slashes twice and then spins, hitting twice more. Damage is 3-3-2-2%. Knockback is whatever's regular for a medium-usefulness jab (some, like Ike or Lucas's jabs, are too good for Lloyd).

Dash Attack: Marth w/Beam Sword. When I was pondering Lloyd's moveset, I looked at the attacks a few sword characters did with beamswords. Marth's running attack stood out as an excellent choice for Lloyd's since it's a cool and quick utilization of both swords, which is what Lloyd's non-canon moves should emphasize. He starts with the left sword on the right side of his body and slashes diagonally upwards, starting to spin as he does so. The right sword follows after and Lloyd finishes the spin. Each sword does 6% and knockback occurs on the second strike. It hits diagonally upwards for a medium power hit (for a running attack) at about a pi/4 radian angle. For those of you who prefer degrees, that's 45 of those

Ground Getup Attack. I honestly don't have many ideas here... My initial moveset plan only says to "Steal Link's." Maybe some slight alteration would not be amiss...? I was thinking about having him slash in front of him with one sword and behind with the other.

Low Damage Ledge Getup Attack. More Zelda game thievery involved here... My best idea is to approximately steal Toon Link's. Lloyd flips up onto the ledge, slashing a sword above his head as he does so. It's a very good getup attack, leaving you vulnerable for a surprisingly low amount of time. It's certainly punishable if shielded, but overall better than most.

High Damage Ledge Getup Attack. This one is more theft of Meta Knight's attack. Lloyd gets up on the ledge and slashes quickly across his body. There's a little bit of time vulnerable before and after this move, and it's not that great.

I think that's all.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
How much is "a lot of lag" to you. I ask because previously we had major communication problems over such matters, and this time I think it would be better to simply have direct comparisons to moves in brawl (I like that you compared the knockback on Beast to Ike's f-tilt. That's something I can easily recognize).

Oh, and I personally think the beast head should come out regardless of contact if it's going to have a lot of end lag anyway. Beast's disjointedness could be a major plus for it (and I think it should. After all, it's the most disjointed move Lloyd has in game). Now before you say this would be too good, hear me out.

With the time it takes to complete the shoulder push and actually get to the beast head hitbox, it would be a fairly slow smash (a little slower than Ike's f-tilt). It's perfectly fine for a move that slow to have a big hitbox (take a look at Marth's f-smash for instance. His move is almost as disjointed, but is significantly faster.). It will certainly be better than Ike's f-tilt (a good unit of measurement for the stats of the move apparently), but really...that's only because Ike's f-tilt is a subpar kill move in the first place. We want beast to be a GOOD move, not an okay move right? (it's one of his staple kill moves afterall). Or if we want Lloyd to not be particularly good at killing, we could lower the knockback growth and up the base, so that it just kills at slightly higher percentages until we get something that feels right.

Also, for your last hit of rising Falcon...unfortunately, hitstun can't be edited like that. Hitstun is a value derived directly from the initial knockback of an attack. But what we CAN do is make the landing hit of Rising Falcon a spike. This would allow us to make it a fairly high knockback move (which means high hitstun), but the ground bounce would cut the knockback in half. Though, this could potentially cause problems with how you want the move to link, since if the opponent is still airborne on before the landing hit they'll just be spiked into the ground. We're gonna have to find some creative way to get this move to work.

Demonic Circle-can't we just cut out the first hit entirely? I just think that having a charge animation for that would be fairly strange no matter where you put it. If you put it before the first hit, then it would kinda look like he's charging an f-smash. If you put it after the first hit...well, I guess that could work (but it'd be the only smash in the game that charges after it hits <_<). I think that we should just skip straight to the slight crouch that he does AFTER the first slash and make that the charge animation.

I like the rest so far though.

GuyGardiosX

Smash Rookie
You guys are doing an awesome job with this (Lloyd's been my favorite character ever since the day Symphonia was released), Lloyd's moveset seems pretty solid to me too.

@GameDominator: I'd like to know though, if you don't have all of Lloyd's Sound Effects I have em and could send them to you if you still need them, there's about 100 sounds (120, A few of them are just blank sounds though).

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to try for the references... I'm not very familiar with that many characters, particularly vBrawl, but I'll try. By a lot of lag, I mean that if it's shielded or dodged, the opponent will have time to counterattack. I think a good example is landing during Marth's vBrawl dair. He's got a lot of lag there.

As for the Beast thing, I'm fine with having it still activate if it doesn't connect, but I'm not sure if it'd be a bit overpowered. I suppose the disjointed hit does come out later... We'll have to playtest it. I forgot to mention this, but Beast should get weaker the farther out the hit is. That'd compensate a bit for the disjointed hit always coming out.

I like your idea for Rising Falcon. I think the solution is to have the diving part of the attack hit downwards a bit faster to be sure that they're on the ground when the last hit connects.

As for Demonic Circle, your idea would also work. My preference is not very strong, but I think I might prefer it to keep the first hit. It's more canon and doesn't take very long. It also makes it cooler, I think.

K, the tilts are up on the moveset for those who didn't notice.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You guys are doing an awesome job with this (Lloyd's been my favorite character ever since the day Symphonia was released), Lloyd's moveset seems pretty solid to me too.

@GameDominator: I'd like to know though, if you don't have all of Lloyd's Sound Effects I have em and could send them to you if you still need them, there's about 100 sounds (120, A few of them are just blank sounds though).
Oh yes, that would be very nice to have. Cleod must've forgotten to message me back so if you have them, I might as well get them from you now.

GuyGardiosX's sound pack has been added to the OP under downloads. If someone knows how to replace sound effects, that would be awesome.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just made an account here after reading this thread and watching the video, and I can't wait till you guys finish :)

Perhaps Kratos can be next in line? He's my favorite character lol.

Lloyd vs. Kratos in Brawl would be epic :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
As much as I'd love that, Holy Lance, Kratos sadly lacks a model in ToS2 unless they hid one in there for testing purposes, but didn't use it in the final product (very unlikely considering Kratos isn't even on Aselia to begin with). If there was a model, he'd immediately be the next choice despite my desire to bring Colette in next.

However, when this is finished everyone can look forward to voting for the next character we do.

@Zephron: we should ask thanyou if he's gotten the chance to do anything; having every one of Lloyd's animations ready means we could 1) create a list of animations that also need to be made and 2) focus more on the moveset and get Sax to do some more PSA. Plus, I'm curious if there's anyone who knows how to do SFX replacement given the recently obtained sound pack thanks to GuyGardiosX.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Sound effect wise, I'm sure we can get that covered real soon.

I am a KCMM member, and I know like 4 people who at least know how to do it.
Maybe with some persuasion I can have them do that for us.

Lloyd's thread has been pretty dead as of late so let's try to revitalize it and start discussing the moveset and hounding Thanyou and Sax.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
I've been summoned.

Alright, I'm hoping to get those voices replaced. However, before Stickman and I can begin, we need the following:

A List of the Audio files you're trying to replace, as well as the exact length of both. If somebody would rar that along with the text file of how long each file is, that'd take care of step one.

Step two is to have that same thing done, but for the sounds you plan on injecting. Keep in mind that the sounds you're injecting MUST be EQUAL to or LESS than the audio clip at hand.

For Example:

Wolf's "Are you Scared?" must be replaced something that lasts exactly that length, or less.

Mark which sounds you'd like to be replaced by what sounds, and we can get started.

airship canon

Smash Rookie
If there was a model, he'd immediately be the next choice despite my desire to bring Colette in next.
I had made this account here to lurk and have search capabilities, but I feel that I must say something if Colette is on the table for being brought into Brawl.

She should be a mid range Glass Cannon (slightly on the slow side).
Dawn was a huge gimping to Colette-- don't dare make her like she is in Dawn. She should be pretty much all S-type (I.E. Para Ball for the Pow Hammer upgrades). No T-Type garbage (Except maybe Hammer Rain).

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
@Zephron: we should ask thanyou if he's gotten the chance to do anything; having every one of Lloyd's animations ready means we could 1) create a list of animations that also need to be made and 2) focus more on the moveset and get Sax to do some more PSA. Plus, I'm curious if there's anyone who knows how to do SFX replacement given the recently obtained sound pack thanks to GuyGardiosX.
No need, I just finished hexing all the chr0s out of the brres packages I found in the dump, I will, however continue to search the dump for more chr0s since many of these are incomplete (I'll explain this in more depth later). Lets talk later (Tomorrow may not be the BEST time cuz I've got stuff going on later that day) about finalizing more of these animations and making a new video :D

Also YOU CAN DO IT ZEPH. YOU CAN FINISH THE NOBLE SUIT :D

EDIT: I approve of every recolor shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_cR9-2-o6c&feature=related

Zephron

Smash Ace
No need, I just finished hexing all the chr0s out of the brres packages I found in the dump, I will, however continue to search the dump for more chr0s since many of these are incomplete (I'll explain this in more depth later). Lets talk later (Tomorrow may not be the BEST time cuz I've got stuff going on later that day) about finalizing more of these animations and making a new video :D
Well... I'll just stay on Skype all this week. I'm available most of the time. Just hit me up when it is a good time for you.

WOOO! Yus I can! And it'll look awesome too.
Obviously I'll post pics when I finish.

And it will most certainly be featured in the next vid.

I don't know how many of those I will really do.
I'm pretty much doing 2 Team Recolors (Lloyd's Default works fine for the red),

-Lloyd's default (Red)
-Dark/Navy Blue w/ yellow (Sort of the one in the YT vid.) (Blue)
-Olive Green w/ brown (Green)\

and then three costumes he has ingame.
-Noble
-Pirate
-PS2.

PS2 I dislike the most so maybe we can add that Zelos recolor for fun. *shrugs*

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I've been summoned.

Alright, I'm hoping to get those voices replaced. However, before Stickman and I can begin, we need the following:

A List of the Audio files you're trying to replace, as well as the exact length of both. If somebody would rar that along with the text file of how long each file is, that'd take care of step one.

Step two is to have that same thing done, but for the sounds you plan on injecting. Keep in mind that the sounds you're injecting MUST be EQUAL to or LESS than the audio clip at hand.

For Example:
Wolf's "Are you Scared?" must be replaced something that lasts exactly that length, or less.
Mark which sounds you'd like to be replaced by what sounds, and we can get started.
Considering we can use PSA to direct to any sound call we want, I suppose it doesn't matter where specifically each of Lloyd's voice clips go (although it would be easier to replace the same desired clip). What we do need to plan is what file sizes we can plan to use from Wolf's and try to keep short clips over other short clips. Lloyd has at least ~10 or more different "taunt"-type of clips we could use in addition to his large number of move name clips (both simple and combo techs).

By the way, you can find the sound pack in the OP. Go ahead and download it to start with.

Zeph, I particularly think you could give a good number of clips we could use (with Plaid's help too). It's not like I need a hardcore Lloyd fan to do this, but I don't need 5+ people on it. If you two could pick those out (in addition to me), that would be great. However, I first need to evaluate how many sound clips we have and how many different categories we need to fulfill.

When choosing them, make sure to refer to them as their original names for ease. We aren't looking to replace exactly the same type of sound that Wolf has. All I need is specific categories to be covered (jab, taunts, specials, several moves, hit yells, KO yells, Star KO yell, victories).

I had made this account here to lurk and have search capabilities, but I feel that I must say something if Colette is on the table for being brought into Brawl.

She should be a mid range Glass Cannon (slightly on the slow side).
Dawn was a huge gimping to Colette-- don't dare make her like she is in Dawn. She should be pretty much all S-type (I.E. Para Ball for the Pow Hammer upgrades). No T-Type garbage (Except maybe Hammer Rain).
Mid-range is generally what I was thinking in addition to having very unique effects. I'll have to look into her moves again though (that's what the reference videos are for).

EDIT: I approve of every recolor shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_cR9-2-o6c&feature=related
Excellent. I'll keep Skype on just in case. This certainly opens us up to some progress. What we'll discuss is whatever you are going to talk about and what is needed as far as other animations go.

Something I remembered that we could do was use Dantarion's individual victory theme code to give Wolf a unique song (and of course, use the ToS1 "Won the Battle!" song). Either someone could do that (and test it) or I'll do it myself.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd love that, Holy Lance, Kratos sadly lacks a model in ToS2 unless they hid one in there for testing purposes, but didn't use it in the final product (very unlikely considering Kratos isn't even on Aselia to begin with). If there was a model, he'd immediately be the next choice despite my desire to bring Colette in next.
Hm... I don't know how the modeling process works, but I know Kratos (aka Traitor of Heaven) appears in Tales of Vesperia as a boss, perhaps we could extract a model from there? Or from the original ToS?

I really hope it will be possible, Kratos is my favorite character aside from Lloyd :)

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hm... I don't know how the modeling process works, but I know Kratos (aka Traitor of Heaven) appears in Tales of Vesperia as a boss, perhaps we could extract a model from there? Or from the original ToS?

I really hope it will be possible, Kratos is my favorite character aside from Lloyd :)
Models have to be of the filetype MDL0, which is basically limited to maybe a third of Wii games or something. Models from games on other consoles can't be used.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... maybe we could just use a texture hack for Marth and put in new soundeffects/moveset?

Perhaps we should put the Kratos project off for a while...

Oh well, Lloyd will be awesome anyway :)

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
once it becomes possible to rip models from gamecube games and covert them to MDL0 you could get kratos from the first tales of symphonia ^^.

also those Lloyd costumes sound awesome ^^

Zephron

Smash Ace
Finished some sample recolors.

Tell me if you like how they look.
If you do, I'll fix a couple minor things and put the download up.

I cut out everything on the body PSD file, so I can make most parts any color you want.

If you want different colors on ____ part, don't just tell me what color it is.
Find some picture or example that has the color you mean.

If you DO like them, praise me :3

Most people: "Those are great and all, but whars mah Noble Costume??"

Me: Patience, grasshopper.

Fen__

Smash Ace
You have a sort of true blue for the blue costume. I'd say go with maybe a midnight blue (like this except maybe less dull). I'd also darken the pants on that costume accordingly. I also think the pants on the green costume are too bright, but they don't bother me as much as the blue costume. Overall, the bright colors just give a very cartoony feel, whereas I think they shouldn't be so much so that they can fit in better with other brawl textures.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I put in a true blue on purpose because Lloyd's default texture is a very bright red, which is very saturated.
Having his team recolors all of a sudden be un-saturated would look really odd.

You guys ranted at me to make the original saturated for awhile.
So if you want the recolors to be different, the default is going to have to change too.

I do like that midnight blue but I want this discrepancy figured out.

Yamashii

Smash Rookie
Since it seems you need opinions, I figured I'd toss out mine . First and foremost, I think this project is great. I was hoping back when brawl came out that Lloyd would get at least -some- sort of recognition, but I digress. If you don't mind me saying, I sorta think the current textures are a little TOO saturated for my tastes. I personally like the original "Texture revamp" version, but I feel the face needed a little more, so I tried my hand at it. This is the result:

I admit it didn't exactly come out like I'd planned, but I think my main point is there. I kinda feel like his face should be a bit more... uh. Tan. Also his features [mouth,nose] should be more prominent.
Regardless, keep up the good work, this character is most definitely my most favored import from a 3rd party!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The blue seems to pop out a bit more compared to the others. While I wouldn't agree with midnight blue, I'd move towards that direction. Try something and we'll see. The pants on green don't really bother me.
This would be good to try. It's either that or try something on the pants to compliment the blue a bit more.

Very good work otherwise. I like the recolors :D

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Cool recolors Zeph, I really like them, especially that GREEN :D. Also I think that Fen's color would look really good too, a less saturated blue would fit brawl's darker color scheme a little better imo.

I'll also be making a few recolors/retextures of my own, you'll just have to wait and see >:D

Also some minor progress: animation sorting has officially started (cheers)

Fen__

Smash Ace
I admit it didn't exactly come out like I'd planned, but I think my main point is there. I kinda feel like his face should be a bit more... uh. Tan. Also his features [mouth,nose] should be more prominent.
Regardless, keep up the good work, this character is most definitely my most favored import from a 3rd party!
He was intentionally made more pallid due to the color differences between ToS and ToS2. I like the paler skin tone, personally, but I don't think it's much of anything to spend much time talking about considering additional textures are very easy to make. The concern is only on what gets released officially as part of the project, which, honestly, could be as many separate sets as wanted (a tan set and a pale set with all of the same colors, for example).

I'm in favor of lower saturation overall, but I guess if in the past a lot of people wanted higher saturation, I can understand. It's not like the textures will be very hard to edit.

Yamashii

Smash Rookie
He was intentionally made more pallid due to the color differences between ToS and ToS2. I like the paler skin tone, personally, but I don't think it's much of anything to spend much time talking about considering additional textures are very easy to make. The concern is only on what gets released officially as part of the project, which, honestly, could be as many separate sets as wanted (a tan set and a pale set with all of the same colors, for example).

I'm in favor of lower saturation overall, but I guess if in the past a lot of people wanted higher saturation, I can understand. It's not like the textures will be very hard to edit.
The more I think about it, I guess you're right. It didn't take me long to edit the skin as seen in that screenshot, so I guess my point is moot. I guess I just wanted to show my support, but at the same time I didn't wanna just make it a "z0mg u gaiz r teh awesome" post or something.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If we really wanted to, it would be easy to have two sets containing Zeph's Lloyd and the original ToS2 Lloyd (with your skin color change). I could swap in Zeph's recolors with the original facial expressions and there you go.

@Zephron: pretty good at this point. It only looks a bit too light because he's standing next to Mr. True Blue there. I tried looking at FD's texture and comparing that; seems to work out. I think we can consider these finalized and thus, someone could create the CSPs if they wanted to.

Thank you for the sound pack labeling, I'll make sure to take a look, make my own input, and PM it all to Jack.
EDIT: Link is bork?

Zephron

Smash Ace
I think he's fine with my ToS1 facial expressions; he just wants Lloyd to be tanner, amirite?

And with less saturation.
I can do that myself. I'll release two sets. One that's saturated, one that's not.

Also... the link works fine for me. Try again or something?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Link works for me too, I'll try talking to Eldiran again and seeing if he can fix the swords issue once and for all.

Top Bottom