• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm not part of the team or anything, but this project is incredible so I made an icon for Lloyd. If you decide to use this, just give credit to SmashHackers.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh, nice. If I were to make a suggestion, using the ToS logo (not the "split worlds" one, but this other one that I'm having the worst time finding) would be better given that it represents the whole cast of their game (since we'll also consider working on other characters after Lloyd). If anyone knows what I'm talking about, one place I remember it appearing is in ToS2 when you open any of the doors in Lake Sinoa cave (something like that). It's very early on so anyone could start a new game and check it.

If not, this is still pretty good and we'll give credit where it's due.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Did thanyou show you the icons I made? I had one like ronald's and one of the arch with the Emil guy in it, but I took Emil out. Ask him about it.

Gammastar

Smash Rookie
Hm, I had an icon to use as well, but it was actually kind of sucky. I know, hard to believe for a white silhouette, but it looked better in my head than on screen. I couldn't even get it to show up in-game, but I guess it was supposed to go in more places than just that one common pac. But then I couldn't get most anything in common5_en.pac to show in-game, even when I followed the provided instructions, so maybe it's just something about my stuff.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I might find a gameplay video of what symbol I'm talking about. I swear I've seen it in a number of places. If not, I'll probably ask for somebody to use the ToS symbol.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
This is the main logo representing the entire idea behind the split worlds.

There's something else that I'm looking for. It's a reoccurring symbol and yet, I don't even know what it means...

Gammastar

Smash Rookie
This is the main logo representing the entire idea behind the split worlds.

There's something else that I'm looking for. It's a reoccurring symbol and yet, I don't even know what it means...
Yeah, that's pretty much what I had an icon of. Though I was not so fortunate as to find this particular image, but I guess I didn't look far enough. I only found it with the text in front of it, so I just made 3 circles, the two side ones going over the middle one, and cut a little out between them so the middle one... eh you'd have to see it. But it sucked, so there's no need, lol.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Something like this?
That's not bad, actually. Just has to be purely white for the context of Brawl. I think I'll just settle on this if we end up not finding the symbol I'm talking about.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I was curious about that, seeing the words "mcleodgaming" in the link. I think using the ToS symbol would work.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Might be a temporary animation. That or the picture doesn't provide enough information and perhaps the Beast head is executing too soon into the animation. Not sure really.

So, were we not able to put the Beast model in yet? Looks like a 2D effect although it's quite awesome to see it in there nonetheless. I'm assuming the rest of the moveset (especially aerials) will be a lot simpler to do.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Might be a temporary animation. That or the picture doesn't provide enough information and perhaps the Beast head is executing too soon into the animation. Not sure really.

So, were we not able to put the Beast model in yet? Looks like a 2D effect although it's quite awesome to see it in there nonetheless. I'm assuming the rest of the moveset (especially aerials) will be a lot simpler to do.

-___- I facepalmed.

Guys, there is a shoulder hit, and then Lloyd twirls as the beast comes out. That's how the animations goes for ToS1 and ToS2.

The picture just shows a beast as Lloyd is twirling. It's just right.
Trust me, there's no slash.

And it is 2D. You can either have it transparent and 2D, or 3D and not transparent.
BTW I think it should be angled downwards more.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I could imagine the issues with a non-transparent 3D model, but isn't there something you can do with lighting to affect it?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
That looks almost exactly like the ones I made. Only I flipped them. lol

Zephron

Smash Ace
Edited out, bleah.

Giving this post new purpose: Do you guys want me to keep making recolors or basically wait until the next Tales character is voted on so I can work on those textures?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Edited out, bleah.

Giving this post new purpose: Do you guys want me to keep making recolors or basically wait until the next Tales character is voted on so I can work on those textures?
I'd say that'd be up to you. You've done a great deal for this project already, so I don't think anyone would really have any qualms with you just chilling out for a while. If you have the urge to make more, though, definitely go ahead. There can never be too many options.

fleish

Smash Cadet
I could try to make a "symbol" for Lloyd as well, if anyone's interested. What size does it need to be?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Excellent...

I've been so busy with all the E3 stuff today. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has me hyped big time.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Excellent...

I've been so busy with all the E3 stuff today. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has me hyped big time.

I know!!!

That Donkey Kong Country trailer also had me doing backflips.
@GD

Put this on the OP: (The new sounds!)
http://www.mediafire.com/?nduqna3zyzm

Please credit me and stickman.
Sounds include:
-Tempest
-Beast
-1 Death Sound
-1 Taunt Sound
-1 Victory Sound
-1 Star KO Sound

Also remember to put the Beta on there!! You haven't. The other new textures too if you want.
Maybe update the thread's title too.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Me and Bsl whipped up a couple of decent symbols for Lloyd, they look exactly like the one Ronald posted. We'll compare and make a decision on which will stay and which won't, as the other Tales characters we'll do will (Most likely) go over other starfox characters so we can get some similarity going on.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh yes! In the Martel Temple, the blocks you push have that symbol I was talking about. The funny part is that I have no idea what it means, but I think it had something to do with the angels and Derris Kharlan.

Sound effects are in the OP. I'll snag the beta from the KC:MM post, update the OP, and that'll be good to go.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Thanyou told me to give a crack at the whole icon thing.

So here's mine:

BTW, This will replace Fox and Falco's icon as well.
So I recommend the next 2 characters we replace, are them.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
And I hate to jump the gun, but who SHOULD we do next?

I say Emil, because I already have p. much all his animations and it would only require Rtb to fix his model, which I have.

At first I wanted to do Colette, but I don't know how that's gonna work
(Wings may not be part of the model and it could get tricky and blah blah whine whine ***** *****)
and I think we should knock out the MAIN characters before we do the main, but not MAIN characters

My definition of MAIN characters:
Lloyd
Emil
Marta (Maybe)
Colette (Maybe)

My definition of main characters:
Everyone else who's in the tos series that I can get a dump of that you play in game.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I recommend Colette.

I made an entire moveset for colette and started some of her texture already when I tried to make her on Peach.

It's a really good moveset, IMO.
Please reconsider making her next.

As for the wings, consider importing Pit's wings and editing the glow effect to be the petal things.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
BSZ said there's a new way to vertex hack with stunning results.

There's a pretty good Kratos texture for Marth, perhaps someone could edit it to make it look like Kratos?

Emil would be cool too. Preferably over Fox

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm going on vacation very soon (like 2 days) for a whole week so I need you guys to ask around and try and find any other animators so we can get this project really moving while I'm gone. SqLeon should be finished with the psa parts for the animations I've given him when I return, but I'd like to have another animator guy here so we can actually finish some animations.

Zephron

Smash Ace
BSZ said there's a new way to vertex hack with stunning results.

There's a pretty good Kratos texture for Marth, perhaps someone could edit it to make it look like Kratos?

Emil would be cool too. Preferably over Fox

I recommend that we focus on characters that we can import models for.
Kratos will still be too complicated at this point.

Also if everyone hates ToS2 so much why do people want Emil so badly?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Because Ratatosk himself was a ****** in attitude and fighting skills. If it's done, it should be Ratatosk, not Emil. XD

So basically Ratatosk Mode Emil.

Top Bottom