• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I hated the butchering of the original ToS characters in addition to the abuse of Richter's favorite lines.

As for Colette as a possibility, ask... I forget who (>_<) but he worked the wing tail things from the Dragoon into Peach when he made Scarlet Devil. We could probably do the same here.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Because Ratatosk himself was a ****** in attitude and fighting skills. If it's done, it should be Ratatosk, not Emil. XD

So basically Ratatosk Mode Emil.
Ratatosk Emil ftw. Regular emil has such a weak voice it's annoying. Ratatosk Emil's fighting style is awesome. Also regular emil cant do Ain Soph Aur.(awesome move)

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Also Mew2k fixed the stage (**** YES)

Its very big, almost 3/4 the size of Hyrule (Yeah I went over board XD) and I made it on the island because I wanted this to be a drop off stage, not a stage with walkoffs, and this is the best of both worlds :D.

Sadly the water isn't animated but its still a pretty cool stage. I need Monk or someone to fix the db cuz I'm gonna be gone for a week and thus unable to do it.

http://ioj.com/v/nr9y3

http://ioj.com/v/e328s (An old pic, but still shows the stage off as it looks in the most recent version)

gg132

Smash Rookie
When you said making another character after Lloyd, Did you mean just from the Symphonia Series? Cause if not I suggesting trying Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia.

If not I wouldn't mind seeing Emil =P

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
When you said making another character after Lloyd, Did you mean just from the Symphonia Series? Cause if not I suggesting trying Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia.
Uh, I think they can only import characters that are formatted as MLD0's, which afaik is only found in Wii games (and only SOME wii games).

Fen__

Smash Ace
Uh, I think they can only import characters that are formatted as MLD0's, which afaik is only found in Wii games (and only SOME wii games).
That's correct. Also, not to be a downer, but can we get back to talking about Lloyd? You're all kind of jumping the gun here. He's far from finished.

Zephron

Smash Ace
That's correct. Also, not to be a downer, but can we get back to talking about Lloyd? You're all kind of jumping the gun here. He's far from finished.

*Agrees*

....Aaaaanyway, let's focus on Lloyd and talk about what's left to do..

the icon:

the rest of the SFX...

the rest of the PSA...

the rest of the anims....

Is that it?

fleish

Smash Cadet
For the next Symphonia character, I fully support Emil (regular Emil, please; Ratatosk-Mode was too much of a douche to be taken seriously. Also, Emil is probably the most believable character in the game end-game). Marta would be cool too, though.

BUUTTT back to Lloyd. My mistake if I'm being ignorant, but how goes the animation process? Some of them looked a little stiff IIRC.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Some of the animations are a good bit stiff. I imagine there's some polishing that can be done, but part of the problem is ToS itself. ToS2's animations, and indeed its entire physics system, are quite a bit more stiff than Brawl's.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Let's just get all of the animations done in a workable state before we worry about polishing. There's always room for future releases. Does anyone have a list of completed/needed animations?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
This is all incredible. I never thought this could be achieved.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to use the data I downloaded for Lloyd. It's been too long since I did a Sonic/Shadow swap, and that's where I did most of my downloading. I recall seeing a link to a tutorial, but I don't know where. Could someone help?

Also, if you do decide to do Emil, Ike might work better than Fox or Falco. His Final Smash fits Emil's Mystic Arte so well, not many changes would need to be added. (Though they would certainly be hard...)

Zephron

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to use the data I downloaded for Lloyd. It's been too long since I did a Sonic/Shadow swap, and that's where I did most of my downloading. I recall seeing a link to a tutorial, but I don't know where. Could someone help?

...Did you download the beta? It has README files telling you everything inside each folder.

I really have no clue what you're having trouble with.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice

I...don't always look at what I get. That's my problem: I'm not a very thourough person.

Thanks, though. I appreciate your help.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I almost forgot. Since I have your attention, I have a question about the different songs of Tales of Symphonia.

Have you or the others thought about implementing them? And possibly overwriting Wolf's victory song with the End Battle short from Tales of Symphonia?

If you are, I can only give two songs - "With Courage" and "The wilderness of Sadness". They're in MP3 format.

I understand if it's a bit rude, demanding as well, but I didn't see these in the file. I thought they might fit Brawl, considering their rhythm and pace.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
For the next Symphonia character, I fully support Emil (regular Emil, please; Ratatosk-Mode was too much of a douche to be taken seriously. Also, Emil is probably the most believable character in the game end-game). Marta would be cool too, though.
I'm assuming more people would have played 1 though so it'd be better to focus on the more familiar characters from ToS1 (that are also in ToS2 anyway)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Llyod looks awesome man, thanks a lot you guys. I hope I can be of some help but if not I'll at least give some critique when animations are done and we have a PSA in the works from someone.

I havent tried the sound effects but I bet they're ******. I need riivolution to use them, right?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Llyod looks awesome man, thanks a lot you guys. I hope I can be of some help but if not I'll at least give some critique when animations are done and we have a PSA in the works from someone.

I havent tried the sound effects but I bet they're ******. I need riivolution to use them, right?
That or you have to alter the ISO and burn/USB load/emulate that.

Nagito Izanagi

Smash Rookie
This is cool I like it so far. I'm a little iffy about Lloyd's Attack setup, but overall it's great. I'm a big Tales of Symphonia fan......well technically a big Tales fan in general. If you need help, like good idea for Lloyd's attack setup I can help. I know Lloyd like the back of my hand. He's a great combo fighter.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Feel free to tell us any suggestions.

We can't incorporate everyone's, but we'll be sure to take it into account.
Also, most of the O.P is kind of dated moveset wise. We have an entire moveset but it's buried somewhere between pages 20 and 40.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
lame people with 15 posts per page. i dont even have a page 20 yet.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Sure, we have a moveset, but it's likely to get tweaked a lot, because one actually has to try the moveset to see if it actually has a "playstyle" to it. I've seen a great many PSA characters where the moveset doesn't have a "feel" to it, which makes playing the character feel counter-intuitive. Even some of the characters that are normally in Brawl have the problem of not having a distinctive playstyle.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, the current moveset we're putting in place is mostly going to be a placeholder to work with. We really had to start work on this so we'll be taking suggestions in detail when we have a lot of the moveset done and released.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Also, we need to look for animators. Thanyou said he wont be able to do this by himself, and either way this is the second or third time he's left on a trip and that makes this whole process a lot slower.

GD try to poke around some places in SWF and I'll ask some KCMM members.
Obviously anyone else who wants to help us do this is appreciated as well.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Double post, but I got good news.
Dingoberriz volunteered to help us with a lot of the basic animations that Lloyd doesn't have in the game.

AKA: Turning, rolls, spotdodging, grabbing ledge, etc.

We also found out that our first and last names are the exact same o.o
Erie.

ds22

Smash Lord
I may have found one last resort for fixing the throw glitch, but I'm not sure if it will work.
I can't do it right now, but I'll be able to in a few hours.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I'm rather curious about something. This isn't a criticism, but I noticed the Vorpal is the same shape as the Flamberge. I saw this when I did a match with Lloyd VS. Snake. Was that intentional, or just overlooked?

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
I was looking at the pictures of the Zelos Lloyd costume and the Link Lloyd costume and I noticed the ''Blue Blade''(Don't know what it's called) has a different model than the one actually included in the pack. Has the model in the pictures been released?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe Zephron textured nerf's Vorpal sword vertex, but he might have not updated the beta yet. There are some pictures with it. I'll wait for a response from him here.

Top Bottom