• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Zephron

Smash Ace
Not like it doesn't happen to the textures I do when I am applying them, but have you see the texture I did for Ichigo Kurosaki? Granted, it has a few visual problems (didn't exactly get rid of the hand-drawn-line effect due to not knowing which part of the texture its connected to for example)

I am saying the details on the clothing could be a little better than what they are. They are very good considering what it was originally, but I think it could go farther.

If you had to guess, what would you say Lloyd's original outfit is made of?

The problem with that could be fixed by changing UV Points via hex. you could ask RandomTBrush about it, or have you already done so?

Speaking of, I wonder if DS22 Brawlified Naruto's textures yet.

***still in bad mood, ignore embellishments but message prolly remains same***

I'm kind of confused what you're getting at here, and if it is what I think it is, I am mad.
I'll answer your questions anyway.

First of all, I know Lloyd's clothing is made of leather.
I found an HD leather texture that had the kind I was thinking of and applied it.
Ichigo looks like you found an HD linen texture, and you used overlay.

What are you possibly going to do to make the texture look better?
You think that by changing the UV points makes it get better quality?

UV Point wise I will encourage you to edit but I still think it's kind of mean that you're sort of talking down to me.

I really take pride in my textures.
Texture wise, it is my wish that I remain the sole editor.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
@Beren Zaiga
No, I still haven't (it's difficult for me to get it right).

First of all, I know Lloyd's clothing is made of leather.
I found an HD leather texture that had the kind I was thinking of and applied it.
Ichigo looks like you found an HD linen texture, and you used overlay.

I redid all of the shading and stuff on Ichigo's clothes with the ground up... That HD Linen texture is actually a simple checkerboard pattern I applied to the clothes, used Overlayt on, then reduced the master opacity a bit.

What are you possibly going to do to make the texture look better?

Well, for one thing, I could try to add more Brawl-like shading to the clothes all around, but seeing as I know little about how Lloyd's Body texture is mapped, I should probably test for possible mapping problems.

What I could do is make a pseudo leather pattern, then make it smaller so that Brawlbox won't completely annihilate it when it is applied.

You think that by changing the UV points makes it get better quality?

UV Point wise I will encourage you to edit but I still think it's kind of mean that you're sort of talking down to me.

I was referring to your Pirate texture and how you were having trouble with it, probably should've spoken up about that to avoid confusion (I mean me, by the way, I should've spoken up).

I really take pride n my textures.
Texture wise, it is my wish that I remain the sole editor.
As do I, as I do drawings free-hand in my spare time sometimes. I know how it feels to take pride in my work as well.

As for your wish, someone is going to do something to it sooner or later, as you've already made it available.

However, if you want to remain the sole editor project-wise, that is fine. I never had any wish or such to make you feel like I am trying to strip you of it (of course that is making assumptions, and if wrong, I am sorry)...

Now I am rambling again.

I am sorry for making it feel as though I am talking down to you, that wasn't really my intention.

Fen__

Smash Ace
If you want to try making better textures, just do it on your own and post them once they're finished, letting people decide if they like them or not. Nothing's stopping you. You're not accomplishing anything by making these posts talking about things you'd like to do.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
If you want to try making better textures, just do it on your own and post them once they're finished, letting people decide if they like them or not. Nothing's stopping you. You're not accomplishing anything by making these posts talking about things you'd like to do.
Like I need you telling me that. I've spent most of my day doing just that.

Its not finished though, and I (stupidly) updated to 4.3...

Off-topic: has the "new" hackmii installer been released yet?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Like I need you telling me that. I've spent most of my day doing just that.

Its not finished though, and I (stupidly) updated to 4.3...

Off-topic: has the "new" hackmii installer been released yet?
If you know it's off-topic, then don't post it.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
For all of you who posted because you came for the animators position. Please post your Skype name/nickname so we can talk in the broom.

If you don't have skype just send me a pm instead.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Well, my Skype nickname is BLUZ-SAN. I don't speak english very well, but we can chat via text anyway.

EDIT :

I tried animating him for the first time, this is the result for DamageN1 :

Should I proceed animating the other ones?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Update time :D

First, Bluz is now apart of the team, as our main custom animator. *applause*

and second, The New world Tree stage is finally nearing completion :D

VV Bring in the pics VV

Face-off in front of the New world tree!

Looks pretty good, doesn't it? No running water yet though, sorry to say, we're currently working that out.

Obligatory update pic, we're (Actually SqLeon's doing everything lol) working out the major psa bugs in Lloyd as well as creating more animations.

Also MAJOR props to Mew2k for the srs help he gave this stage.

We'll be updating the thread a little more frequently now with our upcoming progress.

No Download for stage (Yet) I gotta fix some REALLY bad camera issues and then it'll be all set c:

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I almost forgot. Since I have your attention, I have a question about the different songs of Tales of Symphonia.

Have you or the others thought about implementing them? And possibly overwriting Wolf's victory song with the End Battle short from Tales of Symphonia?

If you are, I can only give two songs - "With Courage" and "The wilderness of Sadness". They're in MP3 format.

I understand if it's a bit rude, demanding as well, but I didn't see these in the file. I thought they might fit Brawl, considering their rhythm and spacebar.
rhythm and space bar???

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I think you should move the fighting area forward and change the angle so that we can use the islands off to the right side as part of the stage. It would be cool, and also would give it a few much-needed platforms.

BlazingPhoenix

Smash Rookie
I think you should move the fighting area forward and change the angle so that we can use the islands off to the right side as part of the stage. It would be cool, and also would give it a few much-needed platforms.
I really agree with this! It'd make it seem less flat as well.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If we were to use those islands, I would definitely consider sizing down the stage. It's already fairly large.

Good work otherwise, thanyou. Glad we got an animator setup! Wish I could do more, but I can hardly get on Skype now, at least long enough to catch anyone, with the summer session of college starting. The best I can do is some management and it's not much at that.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I already told him to do that awhile ago while making the stage.

There's only 1 platform to the side, but it's normal sized and does the trick.
The stage would be a little too big if we added any more.

Resizing also makes Thanyou do all of his hard work all over again :(

Try playing on it and see what you guys think. We're working on fixing all the current camera problems and animating the water.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
what happened to vacation?!
I wanted to get a jumpstart on college mostly to get my uninteresting GEP out of the way :ohwell: ; I suppose it's a good thing that I really don't have much that I can do around here although I'd really like to contribute more.

I already told him to do that awhile ago while making the stage.

There's only 1 platform to the side, but it's normal sized and does the trick.
The stage would be a little too big if we added any more.

Resizing also makes Thanyou do all of his hard work all over again :(

Try playing on it and see what you guys think. We're working on fixing all the current camera problems and animating the water.
Drat, couldn't he use an animation to resize the root bone or will that simply cause problems? I'll have to give it a shot at some point.

fleish

Smash Cadet
Stage looks great so far! The large-scaling was intentional, to make a more interesting stage, right?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
@ Platform wanting guy

There is a platform, its at the far right, right next to the water (Db lol). Besides its supposed to be a simple stage. You guys wanted it to NOT be a walkoff, so I made it an island.

@ GD

I used an animation to scale the size of the stage so that the players would be the right size to walk on the island. I can't move the other rocks cuz namco made holes in the water where the rocks were, so there'd be a hole, and there are no bones for those rocks iirc.

EDIT: Now thanks to the magic of Vertexing, Stickman unintentionally fixed the camera so it doesn't cover up the players on the right side (The low platform near the water on the left is still covered, but its just in there for ****s and giggles >.>)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Got it, won't be anything we can do about that then. I'm happy we could get a good stage to represent Lloyd.

Glad the camera got fixed... on accident? lolwut

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Okay~. A present for you guys.

Present #1

Present #2

Be sure to open them before you say anything~!

*Goes to fix up rest of things in BrawlBox*

P.S. to Zephron: The above is optional. Hope you get at least some joy out of your present.

Zephron

Smash Ace
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6817&DiplayName=Lloyd Irving Beta 1.2

NEW BETA DOWNLOAD!

Anims, fixes, BEAST, and a couple other things.
If you havent already remember to download the updated sounds.

Uploading a youtube video, wait a little.

@Beren Zaiga

Opened both gifts, both look extremely similar besides the belts.
No pics, or even a description? Aww.

I have my own opinions about these textures, and I'll keep them to myself.
Thanks for the presents.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6817&DiplayName=Lloyd Irving Beta 1.2

NEW BETA DOWNLOAD!

Anims, fixes, BEAST, and a couple other things.
If you havent already remember to download the updated sounds.

Uploading a youtube video, wait a little.

@Beren Zaiga

Opened both gifts, both look extremely similar besides the belts.
No pics, or even a description? Aww.

I have my own opinions about these textures, and I'll keep them to myself.
Thanks for the presents.

The main difference between the original and these is the level of detail that can be seen (Though I honestly think now I probably should've left the pants alone).

Let me list some changes.

1. The buttons have a more metallic look and sheen to them.
  2. Lloyd's Expshere was completely redone.
  3. Exsphere mount was retextured almost from scratch.
  4. Sharpen filter was used on the Hair.
  5. Custom Denim texture was added to the pants. (Though I think maybe I should've either made it smaller or left it alone)
  6. Leather detailing can be seen on the body.
  7. Sheathes were retextured and given metallic effects on the metallic parts, as were the hilts(and the brown parts I tried to make look like polished wood).

The reason for the lack of pics and description is because I didn't play test this in Brawl+, which I can't do right now cause I stupidly updated to SysMenu 4.3.

I was basically building on your original texture with what I thought it needed. So credit for the original goes to you.

I'll fix the second link to go to the .pcs.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The reason for the lack of pics and description is because I didn't play test this in Brawl+, which I can't do right now cause I stupidly updated to SysMenu 4.3.
you cant just use smash stack or something to load gecko?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
On a random note about Lloyd. I just heard his voice from ToS2...He is almost 20 years old, and the deeper voice suits his appearance in ToS2 more than Scott Summer's voice. Admittedly, the guy could've done a bit better though

Thats jus thow I feel...

@topic: Okay, so FS is indeed going to be Falcon's Crest... So how are we going to make it work in the game? Exactly as it does in ToS1 or 2?

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
@Beren Zaiga
I might be the only one who thinks this (I doubt it), but I am for making this ignoring ToS2 as much as possible. The only reason we should use stuff from 2 instead of 1 should be because there are models and animations available in 2. Even so, we should try and avoid it. The ToS2 voice is generic and overall annoying, imo. The ToS voice was also annoying, but the vast majority of everyone is going to recognize it much better than the ToS2 voice.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
In the 'readme' of the instructions it says to just put everything in the SSBB folder for Riivolution.

I put every file in there, but it just loaded normal brawl no codes no switches or anything

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
@Beren Zaiga
I might be the only one who thinks this (I doubt it), but I am for making this ignoring ToS2 as much as possible. The only reason we should use stuff from 2 instead of 1 should be because there are models and animations available in 2. Even so, we should try and avoid it. The ToS2 voice is generic and overall annoying, imo. The ToS voice was also annoying, but the vast majority of everyone is going to recognize it much better than the ToS2 voice.
I wasn't even suggesting such a thing. How in the world did you get that out of what I said.

I'm just saying that in light of the time period after ToS1, a deeper voice make sense.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Now Riivolution works but it freezes right after loading brawl...

Man and I was looking forward to hear Lloyd say "beast"...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
On a random note about Lloyd. I just heard his voice from ToS2...He is almost 20 years old, and the deeper voice suits his appearance in ToS2 more than Scott Summer's voice. Admittedly, the guy could've done a bit better though

Thats jus thow I feel...

@topic: Okay, so FS is indeed going to be Falcon's Crest... So how are we going to make it work in the game? Exactly as it does in ToS1 or 2?
I'd sooner work towards a japanese voice pack than ToS2 Lloyd. His actual talking voice was tolerable in ToS2, but his battle cries were horrendous. The other issue is simply how they butchered his character period; see Lloyd's strange new interest in... older women despite having 2 perfectly capable options in his party the whole time.

For FS, ToS1 execution mostly because they are almost seamlessly integrated into combat instead of going into some side scene. The effect is a lot better in ToS1 personally because ToS2 has it where the hit kind of just... happens somewhere. See Marta's Hi Ougi or even Zelos'.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I'd sooner work towards a japanese voice pack than ToS2 Lloyd. His actual talking voice was tolerable in ToS2, but his battle cries were horrendous. The other issue is simply how they butchered his character period; see Lloyd's strange new interest in... older women despite having 2 perfectly capable options in his party the whole time.
Butchering aside...Let me make something clear.

I'm not saying that we should use Lloyd's ToS2 voice. I am saying I do not think it is as bad as everyone else thinks it does.
Geeze, get some sense, will ya?

Also, I didn't think his Battle Cries were that bad either. Horrendous to me would be if Lloyd sounded whiny and high pitched during his attacks ( I haven't played the game, just watched a high-quality video of the first battle with Lloyd). They were definitely not that, and they certainly weren't horrible.

In other words: I think you're overestimating your assessment of his battle cries.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Still working on having Riivolution work, but I put Lloyd on my Gecko sd card to try him out.

Wow. He has more animations and it's really nicely done. I love using sword rain and then beast heh heh...

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first model import to be completed :O

Top Bottom