• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

PolygonLink

Smash Rookie
Another suggestion for Final Smash - after attacking, Lloyd would have wings and could fly for a time a la Yoshi.

BTW, how can I get common5.pac to work without it going BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...........?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too sure about that. I think his Final Smash should stay more to the actual Tales series. Besides, would he be invincible? Would he be able to attack? And how would he attack? How long would the transformation last?

No, in my opinion, giving Lloyd the ability to fly after Falcon's Crest would either look ridiculous or be too cheap. It'd be like giving Super Sonic Link's Final Smash to use before he actually starts using his own...

Sorry about that. I know it sounds a little rude, but I don't think he needs his angel power from the end of ToS. The Lloyd texture for Pit already has that.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, I see no reason to include Lloyd's angelic power.

As for my FS suggestion, I meant to say the Goddess Zelda v7 PSA hack, not texture. Also, the weather effects for Ike's Final Smash fall parallel measurably with the weather effects for Lloyd's MA. Perhaps it could be left in...?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There's a good chance that most of the team will be in favor of the Falcon Crest effects from ToS1. To me, they're a lot flashier in general.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Actually, when complaining that the hit just "happens somewhere", both hits of ToS2 Lloyd's Mystic Arte are at the end when he brings the sword down on the target. He strikes (hit 1) and the sword releases a large burst of electricity at the exact same moment (hit 2). But yeah, ToS1's Falcon's Crest is far more awesome.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Strange...Divine Justice only hits the target once. Or do you mean, he strikes the ground, and then the target is hit by the attack?

Well, either way, I agree with you on Falcon's Crest.

There's still the matter of the Eternal Sword, though. I cannot think of a way to change Lloyd's weapon during the FS.

And also, I don't mean to sound pushy, but what do you think of the PSA I mentioned before?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It may be possible to use the same method SqLeon used to attached the Material Blades to Lloyd in order to swap in another model temporarily.

The PSA is decent, but we aren't evaluating much right now simply because we want the placeholder moveset completed so it's much easier to just move things around and then also know what is definitely staying.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Divine Justice APPEARS to have one hit, but I saw in a Mystic Artes Exhibition vid, the tech seems to actually hit twice, both when the sword comes down.

And actually, I think Lloyd has at least 2 basic aerials in ToS2, so we could use both in his moveset. Or at least, Regal has 2 aerials (Neutral A, any direction on Control Stick+A), but I don't actually know about Lloyd.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
I know this is a bit random but is there a guide on how to edit brsar's or if there's a list or something of which brsars go to which sounds. Cause I have the mewtwo one and the lloyd one but I can only have one at a time and I'm assuming I have to either rename one to something else or edit one sound file to go with the other. Assasin22red has like a bunch of them and I would like to also so any help would be very appreciated.
i'll post my patch when the newest brsar comes out. it will be quick and painless to edit into your other brsar

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Divine Justice hits twice, once when Lloyd summons his super-electric-silver-sword-of-death (at the height of his jump), and hits again when... he hits the ground.

But I like the idea of a Falcon's Crest startup and a Divine Justice finish.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Divine Justice hits twice, once when Lloyd summons his super-electric-silver-sword-of-death (at the height of his jump), and hits again when... he hits the ground.

But I like the idea of a Falcon's Crest startup and a Divine Justice finish.
Ooooh me likey this idea.

I'm still all for using Divine justice tho, but its too bad the original animation for is HUGE and would tip the file size limit immediately :(

PolygonLink

Smash Rookie
Need some help here. I cannot modify anything in Common5_en.pac without it going BEEEEEEEEE....

Also, I can't get him to work at all in Subspace Emissary.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Need some help here. I cannot modify anything in Common5_en.pac without it going BEEEEEEEEE....

Also, I can't get him to work at all in Subspace Emissary.
Make sure the file size of your modified Common5 doesn't go over that of the original, vanilla Common5.

Also, who plays Subspace Emissary?

ManicHedgehog

Smash Rookie
excuse me sir

I particularly enjoyed Subspace Emissary.
I know why he doesn't work in subspace emissary, it is because the awesomeness of this project plus the awesomeness of subspace emissary is to much for one system to handle.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I actually got the early alpha to work in the SSE (no moveset and only Zeph's texture) for the most part. For whatever reasons now, I can't seem to play the SSE most of the time without it freezing on me for no reason. I have no idea if Ax Warrior Ike has anything to do with that (the one I usually choose in it).

When the alpha did work, if he didn't spawn on the ground he would shoot as far to the right of the area as possible as long as walls weren't in the way (much like Zero Link except he only started out with slight forward momentum instead). This resulted in spawning to death on some areas which was hilarious.

Not to get off topic, but I really just did not like the SSE. Maybe the unified run speeds and jump heights wouldn't be a big deal if they weren't so **** low. If I knew how to dig into a memory editor and knew where to look for the part in the SSE's coding that forces the unified stats, I'd completely disable them and it'd be a million times better already just because of that.

/rant

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Well if you've replaced something and it's made the file go over the limit, then find something you don't use/see often (such as the trophy stand or the coin-mode coins and notes) and replace its texture with a smaller version of it. That's what RTB did to get Sandvich into the game.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I'm back from my camp, it's good to see people posting.

I personally think we should leave the final smash just how it is, I have an idea on how we could even add the banner thingy with Lloyd.

There's a lot of posts I have to read so don't expect me to be caught up 100% yet

PolygonLink

Smash Rookie
Well if you've replaced something and it's made the file go over the limit, then find something you don't use/see often (such as the trophy stand or the coin-mode coins and notes) and replace its texture with a smaller version of it. That's what RTB did to get Sandvich into the game.
Would it be possible to override the limit with a GeckoOS code?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
At the end of the line that says to replace the common5, add resize="true"

That should remove the file size limit.

gg132

Smash Rookie
I know this isn't the right place to ask this but i thought someone might be nice enough to help me ot at least lead me in the right direction to ask.

I updated my Wii and its now 4.3e which now means I can't use Riivolution at all. I did download the latest version but it seems the Riivolution still wont load up properly. I just asks my to downgrade and then fails.

Does anyone mind helping me?

Fen__

Smash Ace
I know this isn't the right place to ask this but i thought someone might be nice enough to help me ot at least lead me in the right direction to ask.

I updated my Wii and its now 4.3e which now means I can't use Riivolution at all. I did download the latest version but it seems the Riivolution still wont load up properly. I just asks my to downgrade and then fails.

Does anyone mind helping me?
Well, this isn't really anything Lloyd-specific and this forum is actually made for your sort of thing. I imagine there have already been plenty of people to 4.3 asking how to get their homebrew working again, so you could probably do a quick search and find your answer without even having to wait for anyone to answer.

PolygonLink

Smash Rookie
BSL, I've finally got the graphics working, but it still freezes when I try to do Subspace Emissary, Boss Battles, or Master Hand at the end of Classic.

GG132, 1.03 should work fine under 4.3

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Most single player stuff is going to have troubles here or there for unknown reasons when hacks are in play. For example, I can do Classic up until a "Team <one character>" where they spawn more until they run out. SSE is now quite unstable now and it's almost guaranteed that All-Star Mode will fail for the same reasons as Classic Mode.

You could try a diagnosis by simply testing with an absence of specific hacks (characters, items, music, stages, etc.), but I doubt you'll get something completely free of freezes.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Which would be more difficult: Recording Lloyd's sounds off of the original ToS, or borrowing the audio to a ToS game with all his sounds and cutting them out of the audio?

PolygonLink

Smash Rookie
I would say the second, whatever it means. The first would be pretty easy because of the sound test.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, we're using the area around the New World Tree from ToS2 for Lloyd's stage.

Unless you mean a ToS1 stage.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Which would be more difficult: Recording Lloyd's sounds off of the original ToS, or borrowing the audio to a ToS game with all his sounds and cutting them out of the audio?

Why are you asking we already have everything Lloyd has said ripped from the game.

And if you record them without any real software the quality is going to be really crappy.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSL, I've finally got the graphics working, but it still freezes when I try to do Subspace Emissary, Boss Battles, or Master Hand at the end of Classic.

GG132, 1.03 should work fine under 4.3
sorry about the SSE, Boss Battles, Master Hand thing. all i know how to fix is the beeeeeeeep.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Speaking of the sound effects, how many are done now? Also, how's the PSA coming? Have any of those few issues been ironed out?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Stickman said he'd PM at some point with an updatable link for the Lloyd package. It'd be easier to change things around in case he got some more sounds done (or anything else for that matter) and then whoever updates it could PM me and I'll update the link in the OP (when we get it). For now, I think he said he was doing a few more too.

I think we absolutely need to bring in more PSA coders. Even if we do get a progress update from SqLeon, I can't be sure if he's gotten exceptionally farther.

Top Bottom