• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia Mafia | Game Over - Town Wins Yayuhzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm feeling a bit of ambivalence towards Vult.
Don't you worry I'm the just local Townsperson that has happened to have every single death in this game so far work against him.

It's all coincidence, I swear.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's just odd vibes right now. I'll expound later as I get a better feel of you.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
unvote: Rajam

It's only a few hours and Rajam is at L-1 already?.....yea...that feels slightly weird.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Vult if I'm scum, who else is? Who are your other candidates?
Tandora same question to you

Zac who is the play today ¿
Right now I am focusing on you. I don't do well trying to track several suspects at once as I lose focus and confidence. This leads to second guessing which leads me to ruin.

Also, your rationale of targeting the third and fourth voters is ridiculous. By that logic, there couldn't be lynches because no one would want to be in those positions. Might as well say hammer is always suspect or first voter is for any number of reasons.

Your stance seems like desperation to me. First you vote Chaco and then FOS Zac. Now you are indirectly FOS Vult and me because of our votes. Reeks of scum to me.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
"If I'm scum, who else is?" is one of the worst defenses I've heard. Just saying.

Riddle

Smash Lord
God that Vult case gave me badddd vibes.

I hate cases that cite 30987987 posts and then says the same thing about them.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
also in response to thinkamans 741 theres a difference in mine and tannys criticisms compared to x1s. riddlers post that tanny responded to contributed nothing to the game and made no sense. dancers post that i criticized DID say nothing ("i dont think scum would risk that but then again marshy could do that." wtf? why even post that?). meanwhile thinkamans post that x1 slandered actually had content in that thinkaman was skeptical of swiss

and riddle i dont understand how you can see vults case as him just repeating himself

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
well actually on a reskim i can tell that theres repetition of how rajam consistently makes easy actions but so what? theyre good points

Rajam

Smash Champion
I had some interactions with him early in the game that I noted were scummy and then forgot about until I reread him on D2. Such things include:

In post 35/45 he bes lame and doesn't want to take responsibility for his vote. While it's debatable whether this is explicitly scummy, blaming RVS for your vote DOES take the sting away from your vote and defeats the point of voting in the first place.

I'm aware that this point is weak and PROBABLY doesn't mean much other than a slight Swiss-Rajam connection but I decided it's worth a mention. You can ignore it if you want. There are better reasons to vote him.

In post 80 he tries really really hard to make a stretch and "catch" me in a contradiction that isn't there.

I never said contradiction; changing your mind about a player isn't a contradiction and is perfectly acceptable; what I asked was: why the change? in one post you point him as scummy and then you buddie with him.

In post 89 he takes off his Swiss vote [just after a few others pile on their own Swiss votes, but not before he's at serious risk of lynch] and doesn't replace it. This post is sandwiched between massclaim talk [fluffy, NOT scumhunting stuff]. Where's the scum-hunting initiative?

what the... I unvoted when RVS was still on and finishing, and obviously because he was at serious risk and we still were very early in Day 1.

In his next post returns to the scene after a little more than 100 pages and he unvotes again. Lawl. Again, indicates lack of scumhuting initiative, the best tell evar.

In post 254 he's all ready to go after Swiss. At least that's what it looks like. His first quote is lulzy; he "won't even comment" on that last part of Swiss' post but made extra sure to bring attention to it even though it doesn't really mean much about Swiss' alignment. His focus seems to be primarily on Swiss but he doesn't explicitly SAY SO and he doesn't put down a vote either.

ok, I'm scumhunting in 254 after I said in 225 I would (giving my explanations); the first post I quoted was to show an example of the whole nonsense Swiss was posting and specially to make the connection to the third post quoted in which he changed his mind in like 10 minutes to an issue towards to marshy he dropped instantly.

In post 260/261 he forgoes scumhunting for more flavor talk.

Which I analyzed extremely quick just to check if flavor would have been useful; I realized in that very same post it wouldn't so I dropped it instantly. I've never discussed or entered in flavor conversations again beyond that. I wasn't 100% close to a flavor analysis, but when I realized in 1 or 2 posts it would be useless I just dropped it forever.

Post 266 he targets lurkers. It's not much of an improvement. Still lazy. There's totally awesome stuff and totally lame stuff for him to jump/comment on with Zac and Swiss and Swords and all, but he takes a safe route with Tandora for "lurking".

Not because the whole attention is in 1 or 2 players it mean I can't focus on others, specially when Tandora had 1 post in the whole game. I don't see how is it a problem to call out lurkers when no one was doing it.

In 418 he doesn't mention Tandora except as someone that he "need to check more on". The post is overall very agreeable with no clear scum/town opinions on ANYONE and it looks like he's trying to avoid stepping on anyone's toes.

...Do I need to vote or FoS or something like that on every post I make? I was giving my insights on players, and started to find scummy Swiss and Sworddancer at that time.

---

If anyone really has any doubt they can just read any post after that. To add it here would belabor his scumminess which should already be completely evident even without my having to post this. If anything this post is more to show that my vote isn't an easy bandwagon vote than it is to try to convince people to lynch him; a quick ISO read of him done by anyone should be enough to put him on a scumlist. Don't need my help.
Rajam, what is your mechanical role?
? I guess you're asking if I'm vanilla or not? Which my abilities are? I'll claim that if everyone wants so.

Rajam, you just proved to me that you literally know nothing about wagon placements. My vote will go to you more than likely.

I'm feeling a bit of ambivalence towards Vult.
I'm not a pro at mafia games. I just read about scumslips a time ago and I read about wagon positions, and I saw that mini-article about third and fourth position on wagons are usually scum. I checked that theory with "reality" and I saw it was true in several Mafia games. Thniking about that later I realized it could be because Mafia feels more comfortable jumping on those positions. Now, not because of that it will always mean 3rd and 4th position on wagons are always scum. Of course not. It just mean: put special attention to those places. And in general, every vote must be accompanied with a strong reason for that vote. I just find scummy people who vote outside from RVS with poor reasons or worse, not reasons at all.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Right now I am focusing on you. I don't do well trying to track several suspects at once as I lose focus and confidence. This leads to second guessing which leads me to ruin.

Also, your rationale of targeting the third and fourth voters is ridiculous. By that logic, there couldn't be lynches because no one would want to be in those positions. Might as well say hammer is always suspect or first voter is for any number of reasons.

Your stance seems like desperation to me. First you vote Chaco and then FOS Zac. Now you are indirectly FOS Vult and me because of our votes. Reeks of scum to me.
I never said 3rd and 4th position = scum. I said 3rd and 4th position = probably scum, and then again, 3rd and 4th position could perfectly bw town. In general, every position is potentially scummy when people are voting with poor reasons or just trying to look friendly with others jumping on popular wagons. I think is just something statistical; I suppose the mafia archives had shown than, in average, 3rd and 4th position on wagons are usually scum. Sum to that psychological motivations like feeling more comfortable in those positions because scum could think they can pass hidden.

And no because you focus on 1 or few players it means everyone plays like that. I usually like to do the absolutely opposite, by trying to focus on several players at the same time; say who I think is suspicious, and specially tell whenever I have a null read on someone because I don't like having no oppinions on some players. Zac, Vult and Chaco are at the top of my suspicious list now. (Where is Zac?)

"If I'm scum, who else is?" is one of the worst defenses I've heard. Just saying.
? Why? Usually when I think who can be scum I try to think on the relationship between players as well. For example if A is scum, then it's very probable B is scum but then C is unlikely to be scum, etc. I always suspect of people who just point one scummy player because I feel they are just tunneling.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
? I guess you're asking if I'm vanilla or not? Which my abilities are? I'll claim that if everyone wants so.
People called on you to claim, and all you gave was the character name. I'm not sure why you'd assume we don't want the other more tangible half.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
aye go head and fullclaim in your next post raj. sclear the majority is comfortable with your lynch

also i feel like the discussion is getting kinda linear but im not sure what to do about it. meh

Riddle

Smash Lord
well actually on a reskim i can tell that theres repetition of how rajam consistently makes easy actions but so what? theyre good points
They are good points and I never said they weren't. I find Rajam plenty scummy. However, when I was scum I often made cases that were a lot like that. I don't feel that its necessary to make such a long case for a very simple and good point. Just providing a few examples is better imo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm officially back from V/LA now. Thanks Xiivi for taking care of the game and the flavour :p

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well, now! So you’re that boy with the Exsphere! Hahahaha! This is perfect! After I take that Exsphere from you, they’ll make me the leader of the Five Grand Cardinals! Get them!

---​

Rajam - 3: marshy, Tandora, Vult Redux
Nix2100 - 1: Thinkaman
Vult Redux - 1: Rajam

Not voting: Dr. Riddler, Chaco, UTDZac, Nix2100

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
A deadline has been set - look it up in the thread title!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Looking over the posts, I'd like to hear from Zac a bit. His only post this Day was "Crap, time for a reread." He promised more scumhunting and I don't really feel I've seen that yet. There's been a lot of finger pointing at him, so he should have something to contribute by now.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Rajam needs to claim....and like Tandora said, Zac needs to post more!

@Rajam - you said Vult fits in perfectly with Hilt+Swords death....mind explaining that a bit?

Rajam

Smash Champion
claim: Presea, Vanilla townie

Nix, basically Hilt and sworddancer suspected of Vult day 1 and day 2 before they died.

Not liking how Chaco reacted to my accusations, and Zac needs to post.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm starting to feel Rajam+Zac mafia as the most likely pair, thoughts?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I should clarify that "most likely pair" is far from good odds--there are a lot of possible pairs. I can just clearly see a Rajam+Zac team fitting their posts.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Zac falling off the face of the earth is really scummy. Usually scum disappear if there is pressure on their teammates.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Wow, I only now noticed how long the deadline is.

I'd swap my vote to put Rajam at L-1 again, but golly--I don't want to be the fourth guy on the wagon!

unvote
vote Rajam

Riddle and Chaco, ball is in your court.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Game seems to have kinda rolled to a stop. How are people feeling about Zac being replaced? Does this seem more or less scummy?

Personally, I don't like replacements, especially late game and more so when there is heat on the player. Feels too much like quitting when the pressure is on. This isn't an insult versus Zac as I don't know his reasons, just my general opinion.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sorry, super busy with school going on right now. I'll hammer Rajam because this day has utterly stagnated, and he's scummier than **** pulling MS examples only trying to apply them rather than knowing and seeing tells. To me it looks like scum trying to grasp.

Vote: Rajam

That be the hammer, see ya on D4 guys.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 3 Ends!

flavour coming soon...

Rajam (Remiel, Cruxis Goon) has been lynched!

Night 3 starts! Send all your night actions to me until the 20th August!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Up to now the chosen and her guardians had managed to not kill any of their comrades but three desians and one member of the Cruxis organisation, which made the journey for world regeneration go fairly easy. They were more than just confident to reach the tower soon as they felt that there were no more enemies left. One night they had to find out however, that this was not yet the case:

Vult Redux (Botta, Vanilla Townie) has been killed during the night!

There were still enemies after the chosen's life trying to stop her at all costs. Before they haven't put an end to that, they can not regenerate the world. And so the journey continues...

Day 4 begins!
Deadline: Sunday, August 29th
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
vote frozenflame

This is my joke "lol, welcome to the game!" vote.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I think my flip might help the Town in the long run. So yay for that I guess.

Good luck~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom