• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia Mafia | Game Over - Town Wins Yayuhzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
lol, this bugged me when you first said it and now its even worse now. Who cares about 1 or 2 or 10 joke/useless posts. It is clear which posts are relevant to the game and which aren't. Targeting us for such posts is very weak and just looks liek a poor attempt at pointing blame.
Those posts do matter because scum like to fill days with useless fluff. The consistent posting of unhelpful posts past RVS is antitown at best, but almost scum hiding manuevers. In Mayfia, Roxy did the many useless fluff posts and I pinpointed him as scum and was right. Even in this very game, Swiss used lots of empty one liners to puff out his post count. I called him out on it and he turned out to be anti-town faction.

Calling out players for poor posting habits it not weak. It is a strong indicator of noncommitment to the game which scum tend to have since they skim for information. Actually calling someone's good scumhunting tactics is more scummy because you don't want to look scummy when you're being scummy. You're trying to undermine my authority by making me look incompetent. Which I am not, sir.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The amount of fluff posting i make is a nonissue unless the fluff posting is distracting town, or it is being used to replace actual scumhunting efforts on riddler's part. Neither of which is evident in this game. The very first ******** post i made you called out acting like it was a ongoing issue.

Actually, here's a q: Do you think the 2 posts you've referenced of mine were "scum-hiding manuevers"?

Calling out someone for poor posting habits isn't weak... depending on the context. You've found 2 posts of mine and tried to make it seem like a ongoing problem. Then you went and tried to shed suspicion on me for it, which IS weak. Unless... you can explain how it was scummy.

p.s.
Go check any other game i've ever played.

Chaco

Never Logs In
You guys all go ahead ad claim VT so I can figure **** out on my own again.

Im Raine, Doc.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
man tannys just been running **** with me and having to reevaluate her makes me SERIOUSLY tearful

frozen you said rajam clashed with me and chaco d3. how did he clash with me?
Upon re-read I realized I misremembered Rajam's exchanges and saw that pretty much your only clash with him was your vote on him, which wasn't really accompanied with much reason. However, Rajam didn't really call you out on that at all, he only listed your vote as a quote along with the other votes on him here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10965696&postcount=752

So yeah, guess I exaggerated on accident. Whoops.

I'm kinda like =/ @ Tandora mostly ignoring my case on her and just calling for a mass claim and attacking Riddler. Really weird way to brush me off.

Vote: Tandora

Should be scum but will learn most from this flip either way IMO.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The Chosen’s heart will die, and her body will be offered to the Goddess Martel. By removing her body, Colette will revive the Goddess. This is the true nature of the world regeneration! The revival of the Goddess Martel…is the revival of the world itself!

---​

Tandora - 2: Dr.Riddler, Frozenflame
Dr.Riddler - 1: Tandora

Not voting: Marshy, Chaco;
Takes 3/5 to lynch

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
unvote

can we agree on lynching ff and tanny in any order

also im a vt, dunno who my character is

still have yet to read ff's catch up posts since at this point it doesnt matter so i prolly wont read it

gg marshy if yur scum

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
aye tanny then frozen

someone just hammer before we overthink things and flinch

also im lloyd irving vanilla townie

:bandit:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
just some speculation

this seems to be a variant of jungle republic. theres a cop just like there was in the original but theres also a miller. maybe the miller was thrown in there to justify adding a doctor here. or raine is just a safeclaim but meh i like the former idea better. plus rajam slurped up chaco using similar language that he did when buddying hilt (im liking hilts/chacos play)

someone hammer

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i think if anything chaco shud be on the lynch that we choose. Just makes me feel better about it

*almost hammered*

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I'm at work for lunch right now so I cannot make a detail post, but at least give me until this evening to make a full case against Riddler. Short version is that every night kill either voted or speculated against him before they died. I can show exact posts, but doing ISOs usually take a couple of hours and I don't have access for that right this minute.

If you absolutely have to lynch me, at least you'll get some information from my flip. But please let me post my case before you hammer. I really think Riddler is the scum and we should get him today.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
We should let Tandora post her stuff. Will help us learn more from the probably flip.

Has everyone claimed yet? We should catalogue a list of everyone and their claimed character/role.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well I'll put it this way, I know I'm dead tonight unless a ****ing miracle occurs. Here's my thought process. These kills make no god****ed sense, and Marshy is the only justification I can think for these kills. Especially nailing the cop, I didn't look hard enough for cop drops. With that being said, he's near the end of my list right now.

I said at the beginning of the game that I did not want Zac alive until endgame and it frustrates me that he will be, just that playerslot y'know. Anyways, I condone of lynching Tandora however it makes me uneasy that its down to these people.

I'm okay with Mac/Riddle, and y'know Im going by my gut on Zac, I say if Tandora doesnt flip then we lynch Marshy. Cause we're done to like a pretty much powerless town and this set up is an odd one. It is like Jungle republic, but it doesnt make to much sense, 5 anti-town in a 13 man game, with a miller, a cop and a doc and an assload of VTs? ****. That's such a bad ratio.

Vote: Tandora

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
she had me fooled all game til d4. it was nice thinking me/chaco/tanny/thinka were all protown

:crying:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 5 ends!

Tandora - 3: Frozenflame, Marshy, Chaco
Dr.Riddler - 1: Tandora

The time has finally come for the chosen to release the final seen. Together with her remaining guardians she entered the Tower of Salvation. On the way there they have lost countless dear friends but they also managed to get rid of their most powerful enemy - now nothing could stop her from regenerating the world and to refill it with mana.

Tandora (Mithos Yggdrasil, Cruxis Roleblocker) has been lynched!

Game over - town wins; Dr. Riddler (Yuan, Vanilla Townie), Marshy (Lloyd, Vanilla Townie), Frozenflame (Regal, Vanilla Townie) and Chaco (Raine, Town Doctor) survive! Congratulations! ^_^

X1-12

Smash Champion
no way! marshy was actually town? I thought he was the godfather ever since I died

gg everyone, specially town

for the record the desians were an indy faction with no abilites, or knowledge about any other factions

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i think we wudda had a perfect game had we lynched tanny instead of nix

oh well

Chaco

Never Logs In
We would've, oh well still I was on the money most of the game. :)

Good stuff guys.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i was considering unvoting nix cuz i was having doubts about him but then thinka dropped the worst hammer ive ever seen. after i read it i just sat here at my desk facepalming for ten minutes straight thinking like 'wow. what if we actually fumble this game now'

Rajam

Smash Champion
ugh, town played really well :(
Indies had no ability at all? lol and I though Mafia already had a hard time

I think indies dying so fast was bad for us (Mafia)... Tandora played well but town did an awesome job this game, almost flawless

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Town did very well this game, I'm impressed.

Btw, if anyone's interested, I investigated X1 Night 1 and Nix Night 2. The result that I got back for investigating X1 was "You have concluded that X1 was not in the mafia". So cop this game could only detect mafia members, and not any other anti-town factions.

The reason I investigated X1 instead of someone like Zac is due to the fact that Swiss flipped Desian (which at the time of Night 1 I assumed was the mafia in this game) which made me feel sightly better about Zac. So I was looking for a connection between Swiss and the other players and I saw Day 1 that X1 and Swiss barely had any interaction between each other, which I found odd since he was just a hot topic of Day 1.

I investigated Nix just because I had a bad feeling about him. :p

Yeah though gg everyone. Marshy, Riddle/Macman, and Chaco all did hella good, so special shoutouts to them.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Good game guys. I am so glad I didn't try to NK Marshy. I actually convinced myself that he had night armor so a NK on him would be a waste.

Marshy, I take it as a huge compliment that you thought I was town for so long. Guess I made a good Mithos. XD

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay! Grats to the townies who did all the legwork hahaha

Guess I did my job as a replacement. Came in, got people off my back, and nailed the last scum. Fun times. Probably my best, and shortest, replacement play so far. XD

Thanks for lettin' me replace in Gheb! At least I can actually say I got to play in the ToS game here. Fukkin <3 ToS.

Very solid setup to. Jungle Republic is one of my favorite setups and this is a really cool variant. The Desians were pretty much a Jungle Republic Mafia right?

IM A PIMP THATS WHY! =P

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Quick Topics & Night actions

OK, so here's the endgame stuff - the QTs ended up dying pretty fast, especially the one for the Desians. The links are still here just in case anybody hopes to find some gem in there:

Cruxis: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/RrWn2SiPwAzc
Desians: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/VfmDcWrZc4d49

Night actions went like this:

- Night 1:
*Chaco protects Marshy [succesful]
*Sworddancer investigates X1-12 [succesful]
*Tandora kills Hilt [succesful] and doesn't succesfully roleblock anybody
Result: Hilt dies, Sworddancer gets the innocent on X1-12

- Night 2:
*Sworddancer investigates Nix2100 [failed]
*Tandora kills Sworddancer [succesful] and doesn't succesfully roleblock anybody
Result: Sworddancer dies

- Night 3:
*Tandora kills Vult Redux [succesful] and doesn't succesfully roleblock anybody
Result: Vult Redux dies

- Night 4:
*Chaco protects Dr.Riddler [succesful]
*Tandora kills Thinkaman [succesful] and doesn't succesfully roleblock anybody

As you can see, this game wasn't very heavy on night actions, which made things easier for me :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Set-up and Role PMs

As most of you figured out by now, this set-up is a modification of the Jungle Republic set-up, which was also used for the Newbie 3 game. Personally, I believe my set-up to be slightly more balanced and less swingy than the original set-up but that's just my own opinion. My main problem with Jungle Republic was that it allows for very few mislynches and in an open set-up the WIFOM can take overhand fairly quick. So I decided to use the Desians as the Mafia factions but I actually kept them "hidden" in the closed set-up. Unfortunately, it never played out that way because all Desian members died before anybody else did.
The other thing I believe to be more balanced about my set-up is the additional townie - I added a doctor as well as a miller to keep things balancd. Neither role affects the Desians negatively but the cop investigating the miller would've posed a great opportunity for them and also slightly distracted onto other players. Which is by all means fine with me because they had the most difficult win condition of all factions. The Cruxis [who were the werewolves] were also slighly powered-up by an additional roleblocker to take care of the cop / doc combo of the town. Again, the Desians remained unaffected by this, which is why I think that this set-up is very fair balanced. I hope you think the same about it and I'm glad to see most of you enjoyed the game :)

I'd like to thank all people who played this game and in particular the replacement players Nix2100 and Frozenflame. If it wasn't for people like you many great games would've been cancelled. Thank you to Xiivi as well for taking care of votecounts [and my Arcanine :bee:] during my absence. This game went very effortless for me. Here are the role PMs:

- The Town:

Vanilla Townies:

Gheb_01 said:
Welcome to Tales of Symphonia Mafia, XXX. You are XXX the Vanilla Townie.

Win Condition:

You are Town alligned and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

These people had Vanilla Roles:

Marshy [Lloyd Irving]
Vult Redux [Botta]
Dr. Riddler [Yuan]
UTDZac / Frozenflame [Regal Bryant]
Blue Yoshi [Dirk]

Power Roles:

Gheb_01 said:
Welcome to Tales of Symphonia Mafia, Chacotaco. You are Raine Sage the Town Doc.

Abilities:

Each night you may protect one player of your choosing by sending me the command Protect: [player] via PM. That player will be immune to all nightkill attempts. You may also target yourself.

Win Condition:

You are Town alligned and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Gheb_01 said:
Welcome to Tales of Symphonia Mafia, Sworddancer. You are Sheena Fujibayashi the Town Cop.

Abilities:

Each night you may investigate one player of your choosing by sending me the command Investigate: [player] via PM. If you are alive at the end of the night you will be informed whether the targeted player is alligned with the mafia or not.

Win Condition:

And the Miller [because I'm a bastrd mod]:

Gheb_01 said:
Welcome to Tales of Symphonia Mafia, Thinkaman. You are Kratos Aurion the Vanilla Townie.

Win Condition:

- The Desians:

Gheb_01 said:
Welcome to Tales of Symphonia Mafia, XXX. You are XXX the Desian.

Abilities:

- Desian Communication: At any time during the game you are allowed to communicate with your fellow Desians XXX (XXX) and XXX (XXX) using this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/VfmDcWrZc4d49.

Safeclaim:

Colette Brunel is not in the game and you are the only player with that knowledge

Win Condition:

You are alligned with the Desians and you win when the Desians are the last remaining party or nothing can prevent this.

These people were Desians:

Hilt (Forcystus)
Swiss (Magnius)
X1-12 (Pronyma)

A small mistake happened here but it had no consequences. When I sent the roles and their players / characters to Xiivi I told him Hilt was Pronyma, which led to some confusion among the players of the Desians but it turned out to be no problem fortunately.

- The Cruxis:

Gheb_01 said:
Welcome to Tales of Symphonia Mafia, Rajam. You are Remiel the Mafia Goon.

Abilities:

- Mafia Communication: At any time during the game you are allowed to communicate with your Mafia Roleblocker Mithos (Tandora) using this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/RrWn2SiPwAzc.
- Mafia Nightkill: Each night Mithos may choose to target a player of your choosing by sending me the command Kill: [player] via PM. That player will be killed during the night. If Mithos dies that responsibility goes to yo

Safeclaim:

Presea Combatir is not in the game and you are the only player with that knowledge

Win Condition:

You are Cruxis alligned and you win when the Cruxis have the majority over any other party or nothing can prevent this.

Gheb_01 said:
Welcome to Tales of Symphonia Mafia, Tandora. You are Mithos Yggdrasil the Mafia Roleblocker.

Abilities:

- Mafia Communication: At any time during the game you are allowed to communicate with your Mafia Goon Reimiel (Rajam) using this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/RrWn2SiPwAzc.
- Mafia Roleblock: Each night you may choose to target a player of your choosing by sending me the command Roleblock: [player] via PM. That player will be unable to perform any action in the same night.
- Mafia Nightkill: Each night you may choose to target a player of your choosing by sending me the command Kill: [player] via PM. That player will be killed during the night. If you die that responsibility goes to Remiel

Safeclaim:

Genis Sage is not in the game and you are the only player with that knowledge

Win Condition:

You are Cruxis alligned and you win when the Cruxis have the majority over any other party or nothing can prevent this.

Rajam and Tandora were the Cruxis. I labeled them as "Mafia Goon" and "Mafia Roleblocker" in their role PM. The reason for this was to make clear that they are considered the mafia - they do the nightkills and they are the cop's chief targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom