• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia Mafia | Game Over - Town Wins Yayuhzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
No...theoretically it could mean both of us are scum -_- Can't kill him then....Only happened once =S and he literally told me what to say too....would of been lynched D1 otherwise -_-

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If marshy could tell you what to do, none of these posts would exist. (Out for real this time!)

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Exactly =P And out for real? what? Please tell me you dont actually think i outted myself as mafia from that post -_- That would be...so freaking pointless. And i thought you said you were done posting till FF was back anyway =P

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
F5ing the topic list to see who's online, son. Let's do this.

Exactly =P And out for real? what? Please tell me you dont actually think i outted myself as mafia from that post -_- That would be...so freaking pointless. And i thought you said you were done posting till FF was back anyway =P
Lol.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
WHEN I flip town =P Look at Marshy and Thinka imo...and btw Thinka, you will most likely feel like a idiot after my flip too =P Just saying.

@FF - Do me a favor and have something so today isn't wasted on my lynch, Thanks!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
In the fabricated universe where you flip town, I'm not the idiot in that scenario. All I would feel is an unending rage at humanity in general.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
better take some advil then, all that blood that will rush to your face will give you one killer headache then.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
stop getting all hyped over this lynch

WOW what did i just read

hope im not the only one thinking of who else to go

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Maybe now would be a good time to mass claim. Posts have pretty much slowed down and it will give us additional information. If this game is anything like Noob 3 set up, there should be only one scum left.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm fine with mass claim now. If we are certain to vote nix through, mayyyybe we should wait since the information we gain won't change our behavior any. (But might help scum if nix isn't last scum?)

Riddle

Smash Lord
Nix is for sure the lynch for today, so I don't see any point in helping scum nkill people assuming there are any left.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
@Tandora - Mass claiming right before Night? Yea....just hand all the roles to scum on a silver platter -_-

FoS: Tandora for that.

Where did FF go? There's no way it takes that long to look back -_- Still have Zac on the lynch list myself.

And yes, theres still scum out there, no idea how many, I just know Im STILL not scum but *Shrug* =P

Tandora

Smash Rookie
It's only right before Night if we actually finish our current lynch. Deadline is in seven days. Activity has slowed to a crawl. I'm only trying to think of something that can be contributive in the mean time.

Ideally, the point of roles is to help narrow out scum, right? Why are you afraid of a claim? Didn't you say in Post 864 that we should be looking at other people? That we had lots of time left? Now suddenly it's too close to Night? Make up your mind.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm pretty sure there is a town vig who is unaccounted for, so there could be incentive to roleclaim if it lets us direct his power.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
FINALLY CAUGHT UP.

Amazing how quick D2 and 3 went compared to D1. But god**** town is running **** this game. Pretty sick.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it is general consensus that the Desian group was probably a Jungle Republic-esque mafia faction, i.e. one without an NK but with a special parity victory condition. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because that was my immediate conclusion upon seeing 3 "indy" flips like that.

Admittedly I have HUGE hindsight bias but while reading the connections between Swiss X1 and Hilt were VERY apparent. Definitely expected that they would all go down in a pretty straightforward manner.

Ok so first, I'll explain to you all why based on my connections to the flipped scum (Rajam), which is pretty much all I have to work with considering I replaced in, I am not scum.

During my read I notcied early on the Rajam was setting up Zac to be an "either way" read. He labels Zac early as a "rookie" player and at first gives him the benefit of the doubt by claiming that he thought Zac was more just noobie and dumb, and not scummie. He harps on Zacs activity here and there and conveys a GENERAL sense of suspicion on him but early on never really pushes for him particularly hard. It seemed to me like he was setting himself up to white knight Zac and look good if that's what suited his purposes, or forget the whole benefit of the doubt thing and just go along with his "scum" callouts like activity, etc.

Long story short, early game Rajam is trying to setup a "flimsy" player (Zac) as either a good mislynch candidate that he can legitimately hop on, or someone he can white knight if he wants to score cred that way.

This post kind of showcases what I'm talking about: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10876760&postcount=418

This changes though as the game goes on. Here's an example of where he starts to shift toward not liking Zac more: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10898071&postcount=559

And this is a trend that continues up to the point where he ends up just straight up voting for Zac and pushing him. I see this as being motivated by the increasing pressure that it fallin on him (Rajam) and he is attempting to use his setup player to allay that suspicion and push onto someone who has already been criticized as being dumb/scum and inactive, etc. He pretty much starts to shift toward suspecting Zac without really adding anything new, which leads me to believe the motive wasn't related to Zac, but to Rajam's own position.

These post's showcase that:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10921108&postcount=622

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10963162&postcount=737

Basically, these posts don't come off as bus-like to me at all. The way that his stance transitions suggests opportunism and desire to deflect suspicion, not consistent distancing.

As for who I believe the likely scum is, I'm debating between Nix and Tandora, but leanign Tandora.

Nix has been interacting with Rajam strangely all game, but he has just been ACTING strange all game in general what with the shifty eyes in every post (>_>) and not really adding a lot of depth. The thing that makes me put him below Tandora as likely scum though is his quick vote on Rajam D3: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10925290&postcount=655

The thing about Rajam, is that he seems to have clashed with his attackers on D3, like Chaco and Marshy, and also clashed with his target (Zac), but he doesn't really clash with Tandora, despite her voting for him. There IS interaction between them, however it isn't combative if that makes sense. tehy simply talked things out so to speak, and that was it. Rajam doesn't go out of his way to incite discussion with Tandora. She voted him and made a few attacking points but he made a minor rebuttal and that was the end of it. It looks like tandora trying to get in some bus credit but not wanting to go all in and expedite his lynch.

I'll go through Rajam's stuff again and try to clarify this for you guys but I figured you all would want to know where a stand generally atm so the game doesn't stagnate. I'll hold off on voting for now until I go through Rajam one more time.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Tandora, I'm starting to think it's a pretty good idea to do today but I'm not sold. Elaborate?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Still going through stuff but here are some quick points:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10962960&postcount=735

Very general attack on Rajam, doesn't add anything new to what has been said. Just comes off as a bus vote to me.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10965323&postcount=750

Notice how she keeps Zac open as another lynch option incase things start to sway that way. Very similar to what Rajam was doing which sets off alarms, could very easily have been a discussed plan.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10967179&postcount=766

Rajam asking Tandora the same question as Vult seems REALLY random. Like I haven no idea why he just wanted to know who Vult thought his potential buddies were and Tandora ONLY, and not anyone else. Just a very strange person to say "same question @ you" to with no provided reasoning which suggests non-public motive i.e. scum connection.

Hope that helps.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Your right Tanny, I did say we should look at other people since its been decided I am the lynch for today but doing a mass claim before the inevitable lynch? I mean...I Dont see how having someone claim a PR role, then most likely getting killed this night is in any way Pro-Town, just wait for tomorrow for the mass claims. Your right about activity going to a crawl though =P Some discussion that was going on here about other people.

@Thinka - What leads you to believe there is a town Vig?

@FF - That...is a very good defense imo and you defenitely relieved some of the suspicon I had on your character with Zac with that post.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
man tannys just been running **** with me and having to reevaluate her makes me SERIOUSLY tearful

frozen you said rajam clashed with me and chaco d3. how did he clash with me?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
@FF - That...is a very good defense imo and you defenitely relieved some of the suspicon I had on your character with Zac with that post.
lets all worship this master of pressuring

btw riddler i need to think more about who besides nix (hes been giving me doubts) and maybe reread again. yesterday when we were about to lynch raj everyone else looked protown to me and i was considering that he was an sk and the game could be over once he died. i think im going to take a more backseat role now that i dont have any strong scumreads

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Can I hammer yet guys? (In all seriousness I'd like Tandora to continue her thoughts first.)

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tandora, I'm starting to think it's a pretty good idea to do today but I'm not sold. Elaborate?
I am perfectly fine starting with just character roles and then if further information is needed go include character roles.

Personally, I don't believe there are any other power roles left. Night three went way too fast. Do we honestly believe multiple people with powers posted in such short time?

And I have to admit a little meta referring to the Newb 3 game. As Xiivi told me before, "There's meta and then there's *meta*. That game had three mafia with no night kill, two wolves with a night kill, and a seer. IIRC, those were the only specified roles. This game seems to be shaping up to a similar trend. Obviously since nailing Rajam as Cruix didn't end the game, there must be more scum.

If there is a Vig, he must be the one shot variety because why else has there been only one night kill?

Your right Tanny, I did say we should look at other people since its been decided I am the lynch for today but doing a mass claim before the inevitable lynch? I mean...I Dont see how having someone claim a PR role, then most likely getting killed this night is in any way Pro-Town, just wait for tomorrow for the mass claims. Your right about activity going to a crawl though =P Some discussion that was going on here about other people.

@Thinka - What leads you to believe there is a town Vig?

I admit there's some confusion because I am used to claims going like this. First character claims and then power claims. I am not saying we have to claim, I was throwing it out there as an option because honestly WE ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING ELSE.

At least we're getting indirect information on who's okay with claims and who isn't, right? I just feel like we're doing nothing. I think Day 4 is when it is usually considered for claim time. This is my first time suggesting it, so if it's not a good play, it's not a problem.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
There's zero reason to claim anything before a hammer, I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't try to make up something really stupid. (Also there is no vig.)

Let's claim tomorrow. To the future!

unvote
vote nix

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 4 Ends!

Nix2100 - 4: Chaco, Tandora, Marshy, Thinkaman

Not voting - 3: Dr.Riddler, Frozenflame, Nix2100

---​

flavour coming soon

Nix2100 (Dirk, Vanilla Townie) has been lynched!

Night 4 begins now! Send in all night actions until the 24th August!

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Night 4 Ends!

The chosen's group got closer and closer to the Tower of Salvation and yet their journey seems to drag on with no end in sight. Many of her companions have become victims of attacks - attacks meant to kill *her*. The closer they got to the Tower of Salvation, the more desperate her situation seemed. Her guardians fell one after another and it became increasingly hard to tell friend from enemy. After yet another night in the wilderness the almost inevitable happened:

Thinkaman (Kratos, the Town Miller) has been killed during the night.

Day 5 begins - Deadline: Monday 7/1st.

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I can't tell if the unending rage at humanity in general is coming from nix or being ******* modded.

Riddle

Smash Lord
It seems like there would be 1 mafia left since 6 anti-town in a 13 man game would be too much imo.

So we aren't in lylo or mylo or anything until tomorrow. Having said that:

Vote: Tandora

I'm going to look back at the game but I think shes scum at this point.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hmm, Nix not being scum surprised the **** out of me.

I'm feeling a mass claim to be quite honest, in this order:

Tandora
Dr. Riddler
Marshy or Me

Seeing as how FF has already claimed.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
It is definitely mass claim time. We should have done it yesterday when I suggested it since Nix turned out to be town after all.

I am Genis Sage, Vanilla Townie.

My suspicion is Riddler. He actively tried to get lynches on Hilt, Vult and Sworddancer before they died. I could see scum figuring if they cannot get a lynch on someone that person was too town and would go for the night kill instead.

He's also been really distracting this game with silly posts like the one I complained about where he said Xiivi friended him or fake votes like the vote on Macman. Lots of one liners make you look active when you're really not.

I've been actively scum hunting this whole game and he's been targeting me the whole time. Thinkaman even noted that I was actively on every scum hunt this game. It would make sense to NK the brownie townie and then focus on the suspicous players during day lynches. I think Riddler is trying use my late entry into the game against me still despite all of my efforts since then.

VOTE DR RIDDLER

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Hmm, Nix not being scum surprised the **** out of me.
Yea same, which is why i hoped the lynch wouldnt happen till i got back. Wanted to hear more from a couple of people.

So thinkaman was scum? town miller? It's red but it says town

im actually gonna assume he was town.

*still reading*

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
He's also been really distracting this game with silly posts like the one I complained about where he said Xiivi friended him or fake votes like the vote on Macman. Lots of one liners make you look active when you're really not.
lol, this bugged me when you first said it and now its even worse now. Who cares about 1 or 2 or 10 joke/useless posts. It is clear which posts are relevant to the game and which aren't. Targeting us for such posts is very weak and just looks liek a poor attempt at pointing blame.

I've been actively scum hunting this whole game and he's been targeting me the whole time.
lol, cuz scum would never (pretend to) scumhunt alot.

Thinkaman even noted that I was actively on every scum hunt this game.
want a cookie?
It would make sense to NK the brownie townie and then focus on the suspicous players during day lynches. I think Riddler is trying use my late entry into the game against me still despite all of my efforts since then.

VOTE DR RIDDLER
idk if i think yur scum but yu def a point of interest for me. You have definitely been on my suspicious side.

thinkin about it, we should have def lynched zac/ff yesterday. Id rather have ff flip town than nix.

but its pointless to dwell on the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom