• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Talwind's Tournament

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol i didn't mean it like that :p
I just listed people I've teamed with in the past

This is gonna be cool, and I'm gonna make sure that at least one of my bracket matches ends up being another Chibo vs Tag :)

Maybe I'll bring Project M so people can try it out afterwards, it's really fun and a lot of Melee-esque tech skill.

Is NY interested in this at all?

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
lol i didn't mean it like that :p
I just listed people I've teamed with in the past

This is gonna be cool, and I'm gonna make sure that at least one of my bracket matches ends up being another Chibo vs Tag :)

Maybe I'll bring Project M so people can try it out afterwards, it's really fun and a lot of Melee-esque tech skill.

Is NY interested in this at all?
Haha its cool maybe we can team at one in the future bring that duel Samus action :)

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
If I'm not visiting my girlfriend this weekend I'd love to come to this. Haven't played in awhile, I'd love to get the feel of a controller again

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Question will these tournies become a monthly thing or happen a few times? Would love to see some melee on a regular basis in Philly area :)

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Question will these tournies become a monthly thing or happen a few times? Would love to see some melee on a regular basis in Philly area :)
If this is somewhat successful, I'll host more if you guys want. Unfortunately I'm a Senior now so I could only run them up till I graduate in the Spring.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
If this is somewhat successful, I'll host more if you guys want. Unfortunately I'm a Senior now so I could only run them up till I graduate in the Spring.
Fair enough I'm always down for some melee can't make this one though but plan on being at ones in future :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll be there. Lets hope I'm not too sick from the damn cold. : ]

I can bring a setup, if you NEED it. If not, I ain't bring nothing. I brought a setup to Rom for nothing... gah.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
bring it, especially melee + wiis andor cubes

im gonna bring project m if anyone wants to try it out

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytwN3hYp7Cc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytwN3hYp7Cc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
K I will bring it. Some Upenn people might come too. :p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have an extra but I think it light shields when you L cancel. Lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm well I'll bring it and you can try it out to see if you like how it is. It's just a regular black gc controller though. Not super worn down or anything... Lol and it has no rubber now lol.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
M2K if you come I'll let you try out my old black controller to see if that works for you.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
m2k my controller is really good il let u use it. i use x and r so yeah. btw cactuar still has your old controller.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I use R and X

i need something super sensitive and looser than average that's all, thanks!
For whatever reason I read this a super effective a found it funny since M2k said it. Jason I will never figure you out you go from saying your retired to then saying you might go to a small thing in Philly. Glad to see your still playing I know you love melee too much to stay away.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I reallly wanna get to this but I have work, Im trying to swtich shifts, but even then I have to get there, is anyone driving that I can jump in with? Or can someone direct me what train I need to take etc?

EDIT: Philyl/ PA smash is gettin better :D <3

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I think you take the broad street line to Olney then take a short bus from there. I know you can get there by public trans easily

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Hey M2K, if you come to this, could you bring me all those spare controllers you have sitting in your room? I need parts.

That or I can come pick you up Saturday morning.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Hey M2K, if you come to this, could you bring me all those spare controllers you have sitting in your room? I need parts.

That or I can come pick you up Saturday morning.
Does that mean you're coming too? :O

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yeaaaaa eggm

why doesnt any NY come, its easy to get to philly via bus
eggm bring ur army of gamecubes if u dont mind

LLDL

Smash Hero
He has his cubes, but someone stole like all 3 copies of his melee out the cubes.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Eggm, if you could bring the cubes even if you dont have melee that'd be great.

Alright, I was able to get another TV and looking to get 2 more copies of melee from some friends. So, so far the setup count is looking like:

8 TV's, 5 systems, 7 melees

Maybe eggm could round out the systems to 8 if he wants to bring his cubes?

Then hopefully I can magically form one more melee disc using pure charisma.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah use the power of your MIND. : ]

(or have people USE THEIR MINDS to play melee without the melee disc LOL)

Eggm

Smash Hero
8 tv's seems like enough right? Or should I bring a couple? I let nando borrow one of my cubes who isn't coming. I can bring my wii and 1 cube tho. And yeah my melee discs were all stolen at the last no johns... :(

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, as Alicia said, I'm definitely going.

I reallly wanna get to this but I have work, Im trying to swtich shifts, but even then I have to get there, is anyone driving that I can jump in with? Or can someone direct me what train I need to take etc?

EDIT: Philyl/ PA smash is gettin better :D <3
you're gonna need 2 septa tokens for this, I assume they sell them at Fern Rock TC
it's gonna cost $3.10 for the tokens, and 7.50 for the tickets if you buy them in advance, or 8.00 if you buy them on the train.
So total transport cost is $10.60-11.10
1. Get to the Roslyn train station, its at Susquehanna and Easton.
1a. (optional) buy 2 "Zone 2 evening/weekend" tickets if there is a place to buy tickets (idk, I've never been to the Roslyn station)
2. Take a train thats going toward center city
2a. If you didn't buy tickets, when the conductor comes around, tell him you're going to fern rock, not center city (its a dollar cheaper)
3. get off at Fern Rock
4. transfer to the orange line/broad street line, get aboard literally any train.
5. get off at the FIRST stop: Olney TC
6. Walk to the venue

Hope to see you there Bobby!

Talwind

Smash Cadet
I got a hold of the copies of melee and got a hold of another system making the total count,

8 TV's, 6 systems, 7 melees

If, Eggm could round out the systems with his 1 wii and 1 cube. That'd be cool

TUSM, if you can want your tv and wii i'd appreciate it.

Then our total would end up as,

9 TV's 9 Systems and 7 melees

The only thing holding us back is ironically Melee.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Two of my temple friends will be going. : P

EDIT:

Also, I had fun tonight at Temple. Good **** Chibo and Talwind in teams. Solid Pikachu and everything else you have.

Also, I liked Other M. I mean, at first I was just playing it like brawl or thinking it'd be like brawl plus... Then I tapped into a bad habit of trying to wave dash in brawl, and I DID. Since then I did much better.

I was basically going to lose. But then I started to mix things up with my wave dash whoo hoo. : ]

I didn't do well in teams... I need to get better with that.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
None of the 3 people at Penn who said they might go can, due to work, exam, and a previous commitment, but I'll try to get them to come to the next one.
I have a copy of melee, and I think (but am not sure if) Alicia does too. So hopefully we'll round out the setups.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I can't believe y'all actually thought I was coming to this, and bringing setups at that? I don't play melee......trolololololo

Top Bottom