• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAMPA TOURNAMENT AUG. 25th. - TWILIGHT SHOWDOWN© 6 Presented by ANGER MANAGEMENT©

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
The next TS will be held in Orlando. Area 51 is closed. It's out of business. I say Orlando because I want to hold at Gigabits.
Errr Clearwater is closer than Orlando... you can start up the TS series at CuttingEdge. Lime and myself would prefer it but it's your choice dude

Cutting Edge in Clearwater I haven't been to in forever...mainly due to the terrible tournament turnout (like best was 10 people).
the reason turnout was never so good is the fact that I never advertised it enough I put up 1 thread for all the tournaments and, they were on a Sunday...Last time I talked to the owner of cutting edge he said they were thinking about making some sort of deal something like people that participate get like unlimited time on the pool tables there or something or another. I dunno if you want Lime and I will drive down to CE and see what we can work out Anger but once again it's your choice

Mewgia

Smash Cadet
nuuuuuuuu

How am I supposed to get out to Orlando that much... I mean I could possibly make is sometimes for Gigabits since I want to start going to those, but for Gigabits *and* TS? I'm not sure how I'll convince my parents to drive me that far out that frequently.

Clearwater might be a good idea...it's closer to Tampa than Orlando...But are you sure there aren't any other places you could hold this in Tampa? Even if you had to raise the door fee to $7 or something because of increased venue prices, as long as its still in Tampa it saves the participants money in the long run (because of gas prices, obviously) ;)
It's your call, but I don't want the Tampa area to lose its only consistent tournament...and I'm sure many other area residents feel the same way :S

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
I've actually done the research on Tampa gaming centers and they pretty much all have seemed to open up and close down pretty quickly.

I drove by one that I forgot about on Fowler Ave...but, called and the # was disconnected. It's a real shame. Cutting Edge sounds like a fantastic idea, though I've never been there. I don't mind driving to attend these...still have a ways to go before I'm competition worthy though.

iNet was amazing...I was actually shocked to see how great the place looked and its definitely a reason why the place is doing so well. I think of most gaming centers in the same boat as what has happened to most Tampa gaming centers. Opened up shop and closed down shop real fast and probably due to poor management in a lot of ways.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Cutting Edge isn't bad. It's bigger than Gigabits is, but then again the only thing that isn't is Islander.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
You guys need to start hosting the tourneys yourself like SFL used to do, instead of relying on places to do it for you!!!

:colorful:
that would actually be a lot better cuz there wont be pot **** that way, like whoever is hosting can just charge a 5 buck entry fee and he can leave the pot clean since he would keep the entry fees, just a suggestion, what do u guys think?

Mewgia

Smash Cadet
The main problem with hosting it at someone's house is that you don't have one big room anymore. Unless some rich person with a huge house is willing to host (and get all our hotpocket stains on his posh furniture lol) the "venue" will have to be across multiple rooms. This, I do not like. In fact, I didn't especially like how there were always two TVs over in the corner away from everything else at Area 51. They were too removed from everything else. This is why I think that it should stay at some sort of "real" venue with a big room. Even if it has to be at some University (UT or USF I guess) would really be better than someone's house (my dad teaches at UT, maybe I could find out from him if there's some sort of room they rent out cheaply enough :/)

That's my $.02.

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
I'd be willing to go through the motions to get something hosted at USF...but, my biggest dilemma was always wondering how many people would be able to bring TV's/cubes. I sold my cube and just have my one Wii. I know other people that'd be able to bring at least 2 or 3 TV's/cubes. So that'd be a start...

edit: What's wrong w/ my sig? BB code broken?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Ah crap, I just realized that The Brawl Tournament may be somewhere I don't feel like driving to. Falcon,... Stupid! That sucks, I really wanted to go. *sugh*

Mewgia

Smash Cadet
I'd be willing to go through the motions to get something hosted at USF...but, my biggest dilemma was always wondering how many people would be able to bring TV's/cubes. I sold my cube and just have my one Wii. I know other people that'd be able to bring at least 2 or 3 TV's/cubes. So that'd be a start...

edit: What's wrong w/ my sig? BB code broken?
I could bring a Cube and game but I don't know about a TV...

F-0

Smash Apprentice
What's...going..on??

Fox's shine pushes back...Falco's pushes up, and you go up so he can hit u down. PILLAR GUY!

vericz

Smash Champion
I m we tod ed. But even so, PILLAR GUY!!!

Edit: My Falco's gettin nasty. Ill show the guys @ Gigs, if I can go.
I bet my falco is nastier, I got soooo much better than before but as soon as that happened i get scheduled to work saturdays. Trying to get that fixed though

JEWZFTW

Smash Rookie
Rohins: Just Play Wtf Don't Matter What Character **** Just ****ing Play ****

Top Bottom