• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tantalus & Sa1vy Present: Sa1vation MD, VA, WSoVA, DE confirmed!

sa1vy

Smash Cadet
Sounds like a really fun idea. I agree with Luckay, though. A side event before the tournament is more likely to get people excited, it seems like a decent warmup, and some people wouldn't stay after the tournament. However, if we have it before the tournament, it could make the actual tournament run really late.

In the end though, it doesn't make much difference for me as I live here and will be playing smash before and after the tournament anyway :smirk:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm not entering draft crews because I dislike them. If someone wants to pay for me to be on their team then I'll play for that team like I would any other event.

:018:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
money hungry jew only wants good people on his team ^
If I was money hungry then I'd more likely enter and scramble together a good team then not enter at all. I'd prefer random singles, allbrawl, MT/LT singles/doubles, :metaknight: only, or even duelist, but I just hate draft crews!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Because I always get shafted. First time I did crews I got :dedede: R1 on Fd as :wolf:. I always get random garbage like that happen to me in crews...

CTL17

Smash Lord
CTL- do you want to do the same for melee? Draft crews after?
Since Brett's probably not going to make it in time for a P:M tourney, I suppose we can. I don't think there should be 8 crews though. Of course, it all depends on interest. I'm more of a fan of Pro-Am teams, though.

CTL17

Smash Lord
For the sake of this example, suppose there were 16 entrants for singles and all tiebreakers were done.

Then either:
1st teams with 16th
2nd teams with 15th
etc.

Or

16th picks teammate.
15th picks teammate.
etc.

sa1vy

Smash Cadet
40+? Be careful; don't want to cause too much of a disturbance.
^ The force is strong in this one.

Anyway, 40 was about the number that we had last time show up, and that worked out nicely. As long as everyone is reasonably responsible and intelligent, things should go well.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah, we are paying close attention. I think we're gonna nix the side events for now- there are going to be too many attendees for this. We'll start things on schedule. Please bring gamecubes and wiis and tvs, we need them badly.

insanityfarm

Smash Rookie
UMD freshman here, I have a Wii and a Brawl disc, I'm attending! Might be able to bring a power strip. First tourney outside of a small one organized by my high school!

jjvirus

Smash Champion
is JJ just trolling?
Nah, I'm serious. lol Jamaal/Blob (Kirby main) and I are trying to get up here. Only problem is finding a ride. I should know soon (hopefully).

UMD freshman here, I have a Wii and a Brawl disc, I'm attending! Might be able to bring a power strip. First tourney outside of a small one organized by my high school!
Good luck, brah.

This guy and I went to high school together. If you all host these at UMD regularly you're guaranteed an extra entrant or two.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully coming to this with AmKhokar for melee =)

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely there. There will probably be a few more kids from Hopkins there as well.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
aw yeahh jhu v umd round 4? or was it 5? i lost count. and ill make sure my recording works this time.

don't forget about our mm ;)

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
I think this will be round 3 since CTL counted the first two events as one battle.

$5 pika/marth?

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
ic

whoa $5!? that's a bit much...but aite :)
and ill assume bo5 mbr ruleset

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Lol DNR is stocking over 1000 trout in greenbelt lake that day... Hopefully i can go the day after instead. Really wanna make it to this.

Edit: It looks like we're going to have enough tv/wiis. Think it'd be helpful enough if i just bring 2-3 power strips?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If you can bring tvs/wiis/gcs, that would be best. the more the merrier. Power strips are nice too. Basically, the people I've talked to are bringing a power strip for their setup. So if you cover that, that should do well.

tc1

Smash Lord
Low tiers or E - H, but ill enter mid tiers too!
Random Partner Doubles = hella fun, draw lots!
Crews is always fun :]

lol @ joe & ee winning doubles.. (no)

I kinda wanna enter melee, gonna start training again :]

I'll be here i'll be carpooling atleast 4-5 people.. and im personally bringing a set up, i'll try for a power strip as well :]

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
So I'm ditching the PTQ to be here for teams it looks like
Bringing a full setup and a power strip assuming I remember to pack it <_<

Top Bottom