• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TC's Smash Café # 4 - Welcome to Michigan..where Metaknight is our destiny.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Tech I expect top 3!!! Also, we need to start spacing our tourneys out so attendance will go up (especially Brawl.)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
How am I supposed to do that when I have your tournaments to worry about as well as Juggleguys + the fact that the dates at this venue can get booked as early 3 months in advance....

And now its a 15 man tournament so thats about the average for this season.

ZTD | TECHnology

Okay its official.

This is the last TCSC.I will never use this venue again. I am SOO ****ing tired of being ****ed over by the owner.

Im finding a new venue starting tomorrow.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

He ****ing neglected to tell me there would be a show at the time they tournament would be going on. The space isnt even the issue since its a small turnout. Its the ****ing noise. And I had this date reserved two months in advance before anyone I even ask him if changes happen to let me know. He even tells me Thursday that the venue was clear.

HOW THE **** CAN WE CONCENTRATE WITH 3 ****TY *** BANDS PLAYING AT FULL VOLUME?

And he just tells me I have to deal with it. **** him. I am trying so hard to not go off. Im just going to wait till the bands finish....get this thing moving, pay people, give that ****ing dip**** his cash, tell him sayonara and move on.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
That guy keeps promising things and then never delivers. It's sad, but he just doesn't seem to care as long as he gets paid.

ZTD | TECHnology

I totally did but I got it now. Thanks again.

Also LOL at the fact that literally half of the entrants mained MK so i had to go ICs almost every set. I think I only won one set with DDD.

At least I can CG now. :D

ZTD | TECHnology

lol SK we are doing MK dittos for like 24 hours straight on wifi man.

Im not gonna lie. Not dropping a single grab against Jon made me smile. But this man somehow mashes out of my grab at 94%. It was godly.

inb4characteridentitycrsis

Results thread and shoutouts later. Im getting drunk.

the michigan meta knights have returned to their various abodes. who knows when they'll next strike?

also SK, i had a classic gio SD today in your honor :denzel:

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Not that I'm only saying this because I want it, but Gameyard used to get about 3x the smashers more than any other tourney ran by Tech or Ori. I know the space issues are annoying but we still got through the tourney. Maybe if you talk to the manager again about the space issues he'll see what he can do. It's your best bet atm and you're guaranteed a lot more smashers including me :)

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Well Tech already stated he doesn't want to run it at a local business again. The same issue happened at GY happened at the Cafe. Our space got drastically cut, luckily we had a small turnout so it didn't really effect us that much. Not to mention at both venues Tech wasn't notified about the changes. Here it was loud as **** cause of the bands playing from 1-4. And tbh it wouldn't of been that bad if they weren't terrible.

We have to remember these businesses are trying to make money. They are going to do what ever it takes to make that money. If they have to take some of our space that he told us we could have at least let tech know in advance. The owner literally told Derek at noon that there was bands coming it at 1. And like I said before, all these businesses want to do is make the max amount of profit each day. And I understand that. What this owner doesn't realize is that Tech is also paying to use his venue. Just because he isn't in to what we do shouldn't mean everything else out prioritizes us.

Well... it's his loss either way. He isn't going to be making any more money from us if Tech chooses to switch venues (and I really think he is going to.)

Roller

Smash Legend
I think Tech should just host at UM or MSU honestly. Mason and Sniphi were the 2 best venues this year imo. We had enough room, no conflicting **** that got in the way, events ran pretty smoothly. Just my $0.02.

If not Tech though, SOMEBODY needs to host at MSU again, because I loved that venue and nobody does anymore.

ZTD | TECHnology

If I could secure space at U of M (though I'm not a student) I would glady host there. If I could get help then I'm down.

Otherwise I'll be looking at churches, community centers, banquet halls etc.

And for the LAST time I am NOT Using GAMEYARD.

That venue was worse in every way than the Cafe. The Cafe would have been amazing if the owner wasn't a **** about things.And Ive known him for years is the worst part. He blindsided me completely. i tried to work with him and he continued to **** me 3 more times.

Regardless I can get another venue. I know how to network. When I get details worked out I'll let everyone know. I did have a June date for TCSC5 reserved but I'm probably going to cancel it.

Also just on a side note: I will host ANY tournament in MSU or U of M if someone gets the venue for me. Or any other place around this area. I love hosting. Just throwing that out there in case I have issues getting a new venue.

What's The Point

Smash Master
The Mason rooms cost $60 for the day, which Juggleguy can reserve for you. Though I'm not sure how you'd get the money to him. Or you can just hold it there like Roller/Tutu did.

I'm not sure about MSU, but there were two tournaments held there but I don't know how to reserve.

I would look for churches and such first. Spread out potential tournaments.

ZTD | TECHnology

The thing is as a BBR RC member, I have to be an active tournament host. I can't slip or I'll be removed until I start hosting regularly again. I would much rather continue hosting 1 tournament a month/co-hosting BAMF. So if I have to I will reserve a Mason room. 60 dollars is nothing to me. Then I could still search for a venue for future dates while I have this tournament up. That's probably what I will do.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Tech, you are more than welcomed to help me co-host the rest of the BAMF circuit if your "job" depends on it <3.

ZTD | TECHnology

Well I already do that so sure lol.

But I could get 60 bucks to Juggle so I am not worried. .

Anyway results will be up soon. I was busy deliberating on PR stuff.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
we at MSU can definitely work with getting you a venue and stuff, though Dre is the guy to ask about that

Top Bottom