• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
*Tired and extremely irritated* I've gone ahead and asked Joe to end the MU in a draw in Ness' favor, we need a new MU, this one has been argued to death. Its also obvious my arguments aren't as effective as they were in the earlier MUs (I would like to think my best one was the Falcon vs Falco MU and Snake vs Wolf match up).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Again, we're talking about characters that effectively have the same abilities as per their canon.

The actual techniques are just game mechanics, in now way are the characters limited to just their techniques.

That's why it's a draw, anything one can do, they other can do, they're both apocalyptic level psionics.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yeah, but one has better ways to deal with the opponent.

Mewtwo can probably do what Ness can and vice versa, but at the start of the match they are both ignorant about what the other can do and what they themselves can do with their abilities at their full extent, and that's where Ness gets his advantage.

He will catch Mewtwo off-guard sometimes because of his ignorance of Ness specific ways of using his powers. He will learn how to use the PK flash though...if he survives the first barrage.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
...*Sigh* How about me we make it 501/499 and leave it at that. Cause its still a pretty **** close draw.

I think we should do Samus vs. Spartan-117 (MasTAH CHEEF), or better yet Lucario vs. Diddy Kong.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah, but one has better ways to deal with the opponent.

Mewtwo can probably do what Ness can and vice versa, but at the start of the match they are both ignorant about what the other can do and what they themselves can do with their abilities at their full extent, and that's where Ness gets his advantage.

He will catch Mewtwo off-guard sometimes because of his ignorance of Ness specific ways of using his powers. He will learn how to use the PK flash though...if he survives the first barrage.
You're missing the point, either can do that instantly via understanding how physics works and selective manipulation.

And both can dynamically detect how their opponent is using their psi and oppose and counter.

Their movepools isn't their starting abilities, it's a tiny portion of what they know how to do with their psi, a very very tiny portion.

The control they've shown combined with their raw power means that either will be able to use a move equivilent or far more powerful then PK flash from the onset,

Creating micro-black holes in vital organs, cutting vital arties, disassociating molecules, for both characters that's in their grasp from the onset.

Both characters have access to incredibly creative ways to surprise their opponent using psi in equal measure. Victory will be determined by who gets in first, which because they have equal ability to surprise and defeat each other will be 50-50.

So no, they are not limited by their techniques, they are true equals in every sense of the word with nothing to establish otherwise.

JOE!

Smash Hero
...*Sigh* How about me we make it 501/499 and leave it at that. Cause its still a pretty **** close draw.

I think we should do Samus vs. Spartan-117 (MasTAH CHEEF), or better yet Lucario vs. Diddy Kong.
hehe, diddy vs luc was allrady done in roudn 1

anyways, people keep forgetting that RL rules apply still when talking about distance from the blast and all that, canon match just means they are allowed to have those abilitie sor attributes.

ALl in all, Ness vs Mewtwo could probably have an answer for everything the other has....TIE

New MU shortly, and MRG, where do you get off calling the maker of the thread a lurking Troll? :p

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well...we did not win, but at least the Mewtwo **** riding *******s ****ers that **** ******** **** **** those pieces of **** **** **** **** have not won either.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
There was still the whole speed of light stuff and the light is faster than thoughts point that would have made dodging PK flash useless.

That was a good point.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
There was still the whole speed of light stuff and the light is faster than thoughts point that would have made dodging PK flash useless.
Who said anything about dodging? Mewtwo could travel halfway around the world and Ness wouldn't be able to sense him since their minds would be blocked off from each other so they couldn't be taken over. AS I SAID EARLIER.

JOE!

Smash Hero
it boils down to they have an answer to everything the other has

I believe M2 is actually the better Psionic for raw power, but ness just has so many better moves.

Every time i looked over it, i didnt see anyone having an advantage other than maybe 1 kill...

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
thus it would be a Tie
Tie involves that there was a competition to begin with or that it was finished with concrete results. If both characters teleport away from the fight then it is a disqualification for there was no competition to begin with or that it was not finished.

But whatever, It is a 0-0 then, not a 500-500.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
And that's where the ''PK flash has more chances of hitting than any of M2's attacks'' comes into play.

But adum made a good point, let's just leave it at that.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Ness also has bubble protection. Anyway, I wonder what MU it is...

The pikmen have taken bigger and badder creatures than Bowser before, but the thing is that Olimar cannot resupply pikmen in this fight.

And if Olimar is taken down....it is the end for him and his troop.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
I don't know.

The pikmen can be devastating as shown in their games, but I wonder how nerfed they would be IRL?

Could they pierce Bowser's tough scales and damage him directly when none of them except the whites and maybe the reds have natural weapons within them?

The whites would not help unless bowser eats them, and the reds...I doubt their spiky noses are sharp or big enough to inflict any real damage.

The only way I can see Olimar winning is by making Bowser forcefully eat a few whites.

justaway12

Smash Master
I don't know.

The pikmen can be devastating as shown in their games, but I wonder how nerfed they would be IRL?

Could they pierce Bowser's tough scales and damage him directly when none of them except the whites and maybe the reds have natural weapons within them?

The whites would not help unless bowser eats them, and the reds...I doubt their spiky noses are sharp or big enough to inflict any real damage.

The only way I can see Olimar winning is by making Bowser forcefully eat a few whites.

I think in the last ones the only one effective were the whites, and the Purples, I forgot why for the purple, but for the white there was a video shown of them emmiting poison or something, I'll get it later.

The rest were useless because they could could lift something twice their weight (or something like that), and things like bugs and whatnot could do that was because of their exo-skeleton, if they got that strong while they were big they would have been crushed by the weight of their own exo-skeletons, so they would have to be considerably weakend.
IIRC

...My explanations sucks ._., Adumbrodeus can explain it better.

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah JOE!, found it:

A few really important points (more like questions).

Bugs are able to carry a lot reletive to their body weight because their exoskeleton is really efficent at small sizes by allowing to have a more efficent muscular system, but at human size an equivilent system would crush them. Keeping that in mind, is it realistic for pikmen to be that strong?

Also, the toxic pikman is small, but the ability to breath a toxic cloud is very potent, what's the concentration at which it's damaging? If it's low enough, it could linger for a while, allowing them to pull an ivysaur defense in spite of their small clouds

JOE!

Smash Hero
they are animal and plant. it is feasable due to having jellies on earth similar to that, and these guys are alien.

Top Bottom