• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If Pit just stayed with his shield STILL and started reloading the bow, fox could just run ARROUND the shield.
Pit's Mirror Shield is big. Pit could just unsnap his bow and walk toward Fox to get ready for close-combat with his Mirror Shield up. Blades can be used to cut, stab, or even cut off things. Pit could use the Mirror Shield, just like Link could use his shield in Twilight Princess and ram it into Fox. If all Fox has is his Blaster and Reflector, and he cannot attack with his Reflector up, it's a free hit for Pit.

If Pit wanted to get his bow ready to fire an arrow, Fox would have to run toward Pit. This gives Pit some options. He could cease to ready his bow and just unsnap it to make two blades. I really fail to see why Fox wouldn't be getting hit by the lasers that are reflecting off of Pit's Mirror Shield, so running and firing wouldn't be a wise option.

If you may, there is no possible way you can hold a shield AND reload a Bow at the same time. You would need at least 3 hands.
You seem to lack an imagination, which limits you here. 1. We don't know where Pit's quiver is located. Is it on his back, or is it at his thigh? 2. Does Pit even need a quiver, or are the arrows that Pit fires produced from his bow? 3. Pit doesn't need to hold his Mirror Shield if he were to get his bow ready. He would just need to lean it on himself.

So PIT HAS TO CHOOSE between:

1.Chargin with the shield in hands
I'm sure Pit wouldn't mind that. One strike into Fox, whether in the head or through the torso would be just fine. Striking the Blaster out of Fox's hand, or even chopping off Fox's hand would also be fine. Ramming a big shield into Fox will give Pit the advantage.

2.Let the shield STILL in one place and set his bow.
I don't understand what you mean there.

For n1, fox can out-run and shoot him, as a shield that is AS big as your body isnt light, this would make his easy target btw.
Fox can't do much, either. Again, if Fox runs at Pit and fire his Blaster, the Blaster will only be hitting the Mirror Shield, which would reflect the lasers back in Fox's direction. I doubt Fox is fast enough to evade a number of lasers he has fired in a short amount of time. Otherwise, Pit shouldn't have a problem evading lasers.

For n2, fox can run to the sides of pit and shoot him from there, cause as long as i know, you cant follow someone with a GIANT shield and reload a bow while avoiding lasers.
Another option for Pit is to wait for Fox to approach him, and then strike with the blades.

Fox has the edge in the RANGE combat. As long as he stays there, he wins.
It looks bleak for Fox. If the best thiing for Fox to do is stand at a distance, then he's already lost. Pit will never have to approach, because 1. his Mirror Shield covers him. 2. If Fox isn't approach, Pit can ready his bow. 3. If Pit ever decided to approach, he'd have his Mirror Shield to cover him. Fox is immobile when he uses his Reflector. Pit is not.

Pit's shield isn't whole body, he has to duck behind it, and I don't see how he'll see Fox, unless he wants to be shot in the face.
Play Kid Icarus. I linked the video in the previous pages for us to get an idea of Pit. He has a helmet. His shield can cover him. It's not the size as shown in Brawl.

A helmet has openings, doesn't really serve a purpose if he plans on looking at Fox.
A helmet that covers the head and down to the brows, Pit could see over his Mirror Shield with just his eyes, which wouldn't allow enough of an opening for Fox.

Also, how is Pit going to be able to take his shield out without betting shot? He has to take it out and then buckle it on, which will take a few seconds. I really don't see how the hell he's just going to whip it out to deflect Fox's lasers.
He already has it out.

Fox has (essentially) infinite ammo, so he can just hope for a lucky shot.
If luck is needed for Fox to win, then you might as well concede that Fox lost this one.

D3w3y

Smash Cadet
Pit never actually has to use his bow in this fight it seems like it may just hinder him. If he just wait while holding his shield up Fox will do one of three things,
1. Fire at the shield and the shots will be instantly reflected making Fox have to evade his own shots.
2. Charge, not a good option due to Pit having the close range advantage.
3. Run around him. But all Pit has to do is turn to face him which is easy enough until Fox tires himself out.

No options are truly a good choice, I think if Pit doesn't use his bow as a bow he is better off in this fight.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Play Kid Icarus. I linked the video in the previous pages for us to get an idea of Pit. He has a helmet. His shield can cover him. It's not the size as shown in Brawl.
And?

helmet that covers the head and down to the brows, Pit could see over his Mirror Shield with just his eyes, which wouldn't allow enough of an opening for Fox.
Fox shoots a barrage at Pit's face, one most likely hits, if Pit ducks, Fox runs around and shoots him.

Is Pit's helmet even going to be of use against Fox's lasers?

He already has it out.
Then he has no offense.

If luck is needed for Fox to win, then you might as well concede that Fox lost this one.
There's a 1/2 chance Fox picks the correct side. He'll get it in a few tries, Pit won't be able to do anything to him while Fox tries to get to the correct side.

tocador

Smash Lord
Pit's Mirror Shield is big. Pit could just unsnap his bow and walk toward Fox to get ready for close-combat with his Mirror Shield up. Blades can be used to cut, stab, or even cut off things. Pit could use the Mirror Shield, just like Link could use his shield in Twilight Princess and ram it into Fox. If all Fox has is his Blaster and Reflector, and he cannot attack with his Reflector up, it's a free hit for Pit.
If we admit pit shield is big, BODY wise big, he cant see where he is going, other then putting his head OUT of protection. And there goes a free headshot for Fox.

If Pit wanted to get his bow ready to fire an arrow, Fox would have to run toward Pit. This gives Pit some options. He could cease to ready his bow and just unsnap it to make two blades. I really fail to see why Fox wouldn't be getting hit by the lasers that are reflecting off of Pit's Mirror Shield, so running and firing wouldn't be a wise option.
Fox dont need to run toward pit, he can just run to the sides and maintain a distance. This would get pit on sight to fire. The only way pit can protect himself from a fox runing to the sides, is if he turns the shield. And if he does that pit can fire a arrow.

You seem to lack an imagination, which limits you here. 1. We don't know where Pit's quiver is located. Is it on his back, or is it at his thigh? 2. Does Pit even need a quiver, or are the arrows that Pit fires produced from his bow? 3. Pit doesn't need to hold his Mirror Shield if he were to get his bow ready. He would just need to lean it on himself.
If we are going to use the "imagination" and admit pit can produce arrows from nowhere, or take arrows from his ****, we can assume fox can do a headshot anytime he sees PIT's head, like he is such a skilled shooter. Just use your imagination. And lets assume too fox cant DESTROY pit arrows with lasers,because lasers burn arrows, and so pit would be useless and long range.

I'm sure Pit wouldn't mind that. One strike into Fox, whether in the head or through the torso would be just fine. Striking the Blaster out of Fox's hand, or even chopping off Fox's hand would also be fine. Ramming a big shield into Fox will give Pit the advantage.
Fox can run, and has a reflector, and he can just shot pit arrows down. And if pit rams into him, he cant see fox, because the shield is Body Wise. So Fox can just run to the sides(NOT TO HIM) and get pit from there.

I don't understand what you mean there.

Fox can't do much, either. Again, if Fox runs at Pit and fire his Blaster, the Blaster will only be hitting the Mirror Shield, which would reflect the lasers back in Fox's direction. I doubt Fox is fast enough to evade a number of lasers he has fired in a short amount of time. Otherwise, Pit shouldn't have a problem evading lasers.
Fox dosent need to run straight, so lasers wont hit him back. And firing from the sides Pit can only turn if he is lucky to guess wich side fox will run to.

Another option for Pit is to wait for Fox to approach him, and then strike with the blades.
Fox wont be approaching if you may, he dosent need to, i explained why all ready.

It looks bleak for Fox. If the best thiing for Fox to do is stand at a distance, then he's already lost. Pit will never have to approach, because 1. his Mirror Shield covers him. 2. If Fox isn't approach, Pit can ready his bow. 3. If Pit ever decided to approach, he'd have his Mirror Shield to cover him. Fox is immobile when he uses his Reflector. Pit is not.
I allready explained it. Pit has no chance at long distance. He cant match fox speed, and cant see fox while shielding, so the shield is fail. If he tries to shot a bow, he will be uncovered at least to aim, and fox can get him, plus fox has a reflector. If pit aproaches, fox dosent need to use the reflector, he can just out-run and shoot him from the sides.

A helmet that covers the head and down to the brows, Pit could see over his Mirror Shield with just his eyes, which wouldn't allow enough of an opening for Fox.

He already has it out.

I've played kid ikarus all ready, i know he has a "shield and a helmet". But as long as i know, if the shield is smaller, he can be hit by lasers even when using the shield, turning it useless, and if pit has hist shield in front of his eyes, how will he manage to see fox and dont get hit by the sides?

^^.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You tell me. You said, "Pit's shield isn't whole body, he has to duck behind it, and I don't see how he'll see Fox, unless he wants to be shot in the face." The link says you're wrong.

Fox shoots a barrage at Pit's face, one most likely hits, if Pit ducks, Fox runs around and shoots him.
Pit doesn't need to really duck. Fox can't really do anything to Pit. He has to get close to Pit to even attack him. Otherwise, Pit can just hide behind his Mirror Shield, and if he doesn't hear any shots or feel the vibration of projectiles hitting his Mirror Shield, then he knows that Fox is approaching. He could also pay attention to the footsteps. Fox can get close, but Pit can ram his Mirror Shield into Fox. Or, he could just wait it out, have Fox come to him, and then attack when Fox gets near.

Is Pit's helmet even going to be of use against Fox's lasers?
Is Fox's Kevlar-esque vest going to protect him from Pit's blades?

Then he has no offense.
He doesn't have to approach. He can wait for Fox to approach. Then he can attack when Fox gets near. He is also mobile with his Mirror Shield, whereas Fox is not.

There's a 1/2 chance Fox picks the correct side. He'll get it in a few tries, Pit won't be able to do anything to him while Fox tries to get to the correct side.
If Fox is at a distance, Pit doesn't need to worry. He can wait for the sound of the Blaster and footsteps to indicate if Fox is approaching, as well as which side Fox will be coming from.

If we admit pit shield is big, BODY wise big, he cant see where he is going, other then putting his head OUT of protection. And there goes a free headshot for Fox.
Is Pit blind, that he cannot see where he's going?

Fox dont need to run toward pit, he can just run to the sides and maintain a distance.
Then Fox would have to be at a distance, which isn't a problem for Pit.

This would get pit on sight to fire. The only way pit can protect himself from a fox runing to the sides, is if he turns the shield. And if he does that pit can fire a arrow.
Thanks.

If we are going to use the "imagination" and admit pit can produce arrows from nowhere, or take arrows from his ****, we can assume fox can do a headshot anytime he sees PIT's head, like he is such a skilled shooter. Just use your imagination. And lets assume too fox cant DESTROY pit arrows with lasers,because lasers burn arrows, and so pit would be useless and long range.
By imagination, I meant creativity. I meant strategy. Hey, if Fox's Blaster can fire an unlimited amount of lasers out of a handgun, I don't see what's wrong with Pit firing arrows without a quiver. Imagine that. But, it doesn't matter. Pit doesn't need to fire arrows. See? You're not thinking.

Fox can run, and has a reflector,
Pit can run and has a Mirror Shield! What's the relevance here?

and he can just shot pit arrows down.
Oh, the Robin Hood of the future?

And if pit rams into him, he cant see fox, because the shield is Body Wise. So Fox can just run to the sides(NOT TO HIM) and get pit from there.
And Pit can turn. This is turning into an RPG. Is Pit blind, that he cannot see Fox?

Fox dosent need to run straight, so lasers wont hit him back. And firing from the sides Pit can only turn if he is lucky to guess wich side fox will run to.
That's why you have ears to listen to the direction of the footsteps. There's no luck involved here. I don't even believe in luck.

Fox wont be approaching if you may, he dosent need to, i explained why all ready.
Then Fox lost. There's no use in using a Reflector, since Pit wouldn't be using his arrows anyway. Fox is forced to approach.

I allready explained it. Pit has no chance at long distance.
A change of plans. Pit doesn't need to approach. He'll wait for Fox, or he could approach Fox with his Mirror Shield covering him.

He cant match fox speed, and cant see fox while shielding, so the shield is fail.
Pit is a healthy, young angel. I'm sure he won't have trouble keeping up with Fox's speed. After all, a anthromorphized fox is anything but natural, and angels are supernatural. I fail to see why Pit can't see while using his shield. Remember, Pit is mobile, even with his shield. Fox isn't. Fox has been reduced down to nothing but his Blaster, since Pit probably won't be using his bow to fire arrows.

If he tries to shot a bow, he will be uncovered at least to aim, and fox can get him, plus fox has a reflector. If pit aproaches, fox dosent need to use the reflector, he can just out-run and shoot him from the sides.
"Lalala! I can't hear you!"

I've played kid ikarus all ready, i know he has a "shield and a helmet". But as long as i know, if the shield is smaller, he can be hit by lasers even when using the shield, turning it useless, and if pit has hist shield in front of his eyes, how will he manage to see fox and dont get hit by the sides?

^^.
This has already been covered. Pit isn't immobile with his shield. Running to the sides will not help Fox.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Dryn, WTF is Pit gonna do to kill fox if he is constantly behind his shield?

Fox IS faster, he can most likley run around and just eventually kill Pit with a laser.

Pit, according to you, will simply camp behind his shield, waiting ffor Fox to go into melee, which is ********, he has a gun, why activley go into melee?

As for teh shield charge, yeah, unless he wants to be shot in the head, he will be going blindly forward, allowing for fox to sidestep and shoot

he cannot make arrows out of nothing, nor does fox have infinate ammo, just alot of it.

Pit has a quiver on his side most likley.

Pit wont hear his footsteps as easily becaus ehe is behind a shield, as well as concentrating on how to kill fox

Essentially, if Pit camps the hwole time, it just becomes a matte rof time before fox gets teh kill

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Dryn, since when does Pit have amazing footstep hearing skills? Fox can, I don't know, WALK QUIETLY.

Fox can walk and shoot at the same time, so he can approach while shooting.

I wasn't saying Fox would approach, Fox just has to strafe around Pit while shooting and he'll win.

Your assumptions and points really aren't relevant ftmp.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dryn, WTF is Pit gonna do to kill fox if he is constantly behind his shield?
Wait for Fox to approach, and then strike.

Fox IS faster, he can most likley run around and just eventually kill Pit with a laser.
Fox would have to be at a distance to fire his Blaster, or else the laser would return and hit Fox, regardless of whether or not he was running around. As you approach something the distance between you and it are shortened. This means that Fox would have a lesser amount of time to evade his own shots, if Pit were to be turning while Fox is firing. So Fox has to be at a safe distance if he wishes to fire at Pit. Pit, on the other hand, really doesn't need to move a whole lot, since he's in one location and remaining there.

Pit, according to you, will simply camp behind his shield, waiting ffor Fox to go into melee, which is ********, he has a gun, why activley go into melee?
Fox is forced to approach, JOE! Pit doesn't need to do anything. If Fox is just going to stand there and wait for Pit to approach, then Fox better have his Reflector up at the time.

As for teh shield charge, yeah, unless he wants to be shot in the head, he will be going blindly forward, allowing for fox to sidestep and shoot
Pit could just walk safely toward Fox, and once he got close, ram his shield into Fox. It's not a mindless charge.

he cannot make arrows out of nothing, nor does fox have infinate ammo, just alot of it.
And my focus isn't much on Pit's arrows right now, since Pit will do better in close-combat.

Pit wont hear his footsteps as easily becaus ehe is behind a shield, as well as concentrating on how to kill fox
You can hear footsteps, even behind a shield. I doubt Pit will be concentrating on how to kill Fox when he already has a strategy. Once that strategy is down, all that needs to be done is the execution.

Essentially, if Pit camps the hwole time, it just becomes a matte rof time before fox gets teh kill
I was thinking stalemate, actually, kind of like Snake versus Wolf.

Dryn, since when does Pit have amazing footstep hearing skills? Fox can, I don't know, WALK QUIETLY.
It's hard to walk like a cat when you're wearing boots and walking on anything but a soft carpet.

Fox can walk and shoot at the same time, so he can approach while shooting.
He could, but he would have to be further away if he's going to walk. Laser + Mirror Shield = Reflected laser.

I wasn't saying Fox would approach, Fox just has to strafe around Pit while shooting and he'll win.
And Pit just needs to stay in one area and cover his front.

Your assumptions and points really aren't relevant ftmp.
We're all assuming, bro. Until someone makes a video of Fox and Pit fighting, giving them the equipment and makes something like the T.V. show, World's Deadliest Warriors, we're going to be assuming. The important thing is, Is it rational?

When I came in here, I was going to give Fox the win. I thought, "Hey, Fox is in the future," and all that other stuff. The two are so similar though, and it takes one hit from any of them to take down the other. So, I'm going to end my contribution here. I believe this would be a stalemate.

tocador

Smash Lord
He doesn't have to approach. He can wait for Fox to approach. Then he can attack when Fox gets near. He is also mobile with his Mirror Shield, whereas Fox is not.
Why would fox approach someone that CANT fire at him and he can shoot?

If Fox is at a distance, Pit doesn't need to worry. He can wait for the sound of the Blaster and footsteps to indicate if Fox is approaching, as well as which side Fox will be coming from.
Wow now pit has super powerfull ears? Yeah sure this can be real untill a point. Fox can always sneak and dont be heard, and i beleive taht if someone shooting FREAGING LASER GUNS, you wont be able to hear someone sneaking while there is the *pew pew* sound going on.

Is Pit blind, that he cannot see where he's going?
If the shield is protecting his whole body HOW WILL HE SEE if there is a big huge shield covering his eyes? The only way to see is putting his head out of protection, and this mean he will take a headshot.

Then Fox would have to be at a distance, which isn't a problem for Pit.
Yeah it is a problema for pit, he looses to fox in range as i explained allready U.U.

Your welcome ^^.

By imagination, I meant creativity. I meant strategy. Hey, if Fox's Blaster can fire an unlimited amount of lasers out of a handgun, I don't see what's wrong with Pit firing arrows without a quiver. Imagine that. But, it doesn't matter. Pit doesn't need to fire arrows. See? You're not thinking.
It isnt that pit dont need to fire arrows, but he cant. If he gets out of shield protection he will need at least SECONDS to aim at fox, and he will be a easy target for FOX, because fox will allready have his aim. And yeah im thinking.

Pit can run and has a Mirror Shield! What's the relevance here?
Pit cant out-run fox with a shield the size of his body. So he cant chase fox, or RAM HIM, and see him/pursue him. So he fails and charging.

Oh, the Robin Hood of the future?
Use your imagination. But i wouldnt say a Future Hobin Hood, i'd say a Pit 2.0. You know, fox had received training to be a arwing pilot, and boy he sures know hot to shoot.

And Pit can turn. This is turning into an RPG. Is Pit blind, that he cannot see Fox?
Dont be silly, i've explained it 10 times by now that the shield blocks PTI vision and YOU allready admitted it, saying that pit nead to hear Fox footsteps to predict his approach.

That's why you have ears to listen to the direction of the footsteps. There's no luck involved here. I don't even believe in luck.
O the contradiction, "is he blind?" and "he can hear the footsteps!". And i said allready, fox can just fire a continuos voley of lasers and sneak, or just sneak, and pit wont be able to hear him.

Then Fox lost. There's no use in using a Reflector, since Pit wouldn't be using his arrows anyway. Fox is forced to approach.
If pit isnt firing at fox at range, why in the world would fox approach him? If the problem is the shield, he can just not shoot and wait for pit to try to shoot so he can get him.

A change of plans. Pit doesn't need to approach. He'll wait for Fox, or he could approach Fox with his Mirror Shield covering him.
If he approaches fox ramming at him, he cant turn as fast because of the shield, so fox would be able to run in circles arround him and take him down.

Pit is a healthy, young angel. I'm sure he won't have trouble keeping up with Fox's speed. After all, a anthromorphized fox is anything but natural, and angels are supernatural. I fail to see why Pit can't see while using his shield. Remember, Pit is mobile, even with his shield. Fox isn't. Fox has been reduced down to nothing but his Blaster, since Pit probably won't be using his bow to fire arrows.
Even the best of the humans, cant run with a fox. Animals usually out-do humans in some aspects, because they dont have as many tools to work with, like thumbs and such. This means, as fox being half fox half human, he CAN run faster than normal humans. And lets not forget Pit is carring a big shield that will be weight and make him run slower.

And prove to me that angels run faster than humans, cause i can surely prove to you that foxes run faster than humans.

"Lalala! I can't hear you!"
Words.... They fail me now.

This has already been covered. Pit isn't immobile with his shield. Running to the sides will not help Fox.
How not? Pit cant predict where fox will be if he cant see him. If fox sneaks pit is lost and completly dead. If he tries to put his head out of protection to see fox, BAM, bullet in head. And there is teh fact that fox out-run's pit, so pit cant move his shield fast enough as fox can run arround him.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
tocador, I've discontinued. You're too zealous (and I must say, a bit irrational) on your take with Fox. I came in this thread, thinking to myself that Fox would win. As we went over, and I played Devil's advocate, I came to the conclusion, and this is my personal conclusion, that the fight would be a stalemate.

And come on, I wasn't lying about the ears. You can't see, so you're going to use your ears. You'd be amazed at what the blind could do with their ears. Pit's not blind, but it doesn't take a blind man to hear footsteps.

tocador

Smash Lord
Wait for Fox to approach, and then strike.
Fox can hurt pit if he is still, pit cant hurt fox.

Fox would have to be at a distance to fire his Blaster, or else the laser would return and hit Fox, regardless of whether or not he was running around. As you approach something the distance between you and it are shortened. This means that Fox would have a lesser amount of time to evade his own shots, if Pit were to be turning while Fox is firing. So Fox has to be at a safe distance if he wishes to fire at Pit. Pit, on the other hand, really doesn't need to move a whole lot, since he's in one location and remaining there.
Why in the world WOULD FOX FIRE IN PITS SHIELD IF IT ISNT GOING TO DO ANYTHING? Hes a animal, but he really isnt that dumb.

Fox is forced to approach, JOE! Pit doesn't need to do anything. If Fox is just going to stand there and wait for Pit to approach, then Fox better have his Reflector up at the time.
Is pit gets out of cover to shot, he gets shot first. As explained, he need 2 seconds at least to shoot, fox needs 0.4 seconds.

Pit could just walk safely toward Fox, and once he got close, ram his shield into Fox. It's not a mindless charge.
If pit walks to fox, fox can walk backm and he isnt going to get anywhere near fox. Fox isnt dumb enough to just let him approach.

And my focus isn't much on Pit's arrows right now, since Pit will do better in close-combat.

If pit can get to close combat. With no arrows, pit cant really approach fox, because fox can simply run or just run to the sides and catch him. THERE is the fact that pit cant see, so if foxes hides/runs the sides, pit will be lost.

You can hear footsteps, even behind a shield. I doubt Pit will be concentrating on how to kill Fox when he already has a strategy. Once that strategy is down, all that needs to be done is the execution.
If he walks, with a shield, he will make noise, just enough for him to not hear fox. Only way to not make noise, is to walk VERYYYYYYY slowly, and fox can walk too you know?

I was thinking stalemate, actually, kind of like Snake versus Wolf.
Fox and pit is not really alike......

It's hard to walk like a cat when you're wearing boots and walking on anything but a soft carpet.

Not for a fox, wich is used to do such in the wilds.

He could, but he would have to be further away if he's going to walk. Laser + Mirror Shield = Reflected laser.
He dont need reflectors, i mean, pit isnt shooting nothing at him, unless he want some laser-face-****.

And Pit just needs to stay in one area and cover his front.
And fox just need to wait, cause nothing is going to hurt him.

We're all assuming, bro. Until someone makes a video of Fox and Pit fighting, giving them the equipment and makes something like the T.V. show, World's Deadliest Warriors, we're going to be assuming. The important thing is, Is it rational?

When I came in here, I was going to give Fox the win. I thought, "Hey, Fox is in the future," and all that other stuff. The two are so similar though, and it takes one hit from any of them to take down the other. So, I'm going to end my contribution here. I believe this would be a stalemate.
I've came to a conclusion tho. Fox and pit is preety much a almost even matchup. While fox eceeds in range, pit eceeds in melee. And they both have projectiles + reflectors. Both have armor and such. But one thing, just a little thing gives the edge to fox.

The fact that PIT NEEDS TO PLAY DEFENSIVLY(sorry cant spell right). This is enough to give the edge to fox. As long as you are in defense, you are the one under pressure, and you are the one in need to approach and such. So as long as is stays that way, i can say:

Usually the attacking foe is the one in advantage right? So there ya goe, fox has the adv.

My final comment:

550/450 FOX. A great matchup, but in the real world Technology > Magic

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I concur with Dryn, fun debate, but I really don't see either of them winning now.

Good **** on swaying me Dryn.

Pit can just camp and Fox can't kill him, but Pit can't kill Fox while camping.

Draw.

tocador

Smash Lord
tocador, I've discontinued. You're too zealous (and I must say, a bit irrational) on your take with Fox. I came in this thread, thinking to myself that Fox would win. As we went over, and I played Devil's advocate, I came to the conclusion, and this is my personal conclusion, that the fight would be a stalemate.

And come on, I wasn't lying about the ears. You can't see, so you're going to use your ears. You'd be amazed at what the blind could do with their ears. Pit's not blind, but it doesn't take a blind man to hear footsteps.
Im not irrational =[. Its just this is what a discussion is. When you are convinced of something, you need to proove your point, or else your just making assumptions and saying cr**. I dont want to be picky, or be a douche its just a common discussion to me. I really dont see me hating you on the future and such u.u!

O and i just reached the conclusion, its almost a even, but the fact that pit needs to play defensively give the edge to fox :D!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I concur with Dryn, fun debate, but I really don't see either of them winning now.

Good **** on swaying me Dryn.

Pit can just camp and Fox can't kill him, but Pit can't kill Fox while camping.

Draw.
Well, if I persuaded someone, then that's really cool! :O

Like I said before, I thought that Fox would be the one who was going to win this. People said that if Fox fired his Blaster, Pit could reflect it. If Pit fired his arrows, Fox could reflect it. The two characters just have too many similarities, which I think may be the reason why the two were set for this match. But I just really don't see one character being able to beat the other. Both have weapons that takes only one hit to finish off each other, if we're going to be realistic here.

Anyway, everyone else can still go and argue who would win if they want. I'm just going to sit this one out since I've already concluded in my mind how the match is a stalemate.

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
Well, if I persuaded someone, then that's really cool! :O

Like I said before, I thought that Fox would be the one who was going to win this. People said that if Fox fired his Blaster, Pit could reflect it. If Pit fired his arrows, Fox could reflect it. The two characters just have too many similarities, which I think may be the reason why the two were set for this match. But I just really don't see one character being able to beat the other. Both have weapons that takes only one hit to finish off each other, if we're going to be realistic here.

Anyway, everyone else can still go and argue who would win if they want. I'm just going to sit this one out since I've already concluded in my mind how the match is a stalemate.
The only thing that might give pit a slight advantage is his swords, but i'm pretty sure fox wouldnt try melee combat anyway so they would end up camping each other out. I agree with you, pit and fox have very similar weapons and can easily counter each other so it should be a stalemate.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Both have weapons that takes only one hit to finish off each other, if we're going to be realistic here.

Right, but what we need to decide is, even though each party has a 1-hit kill weapon, which one is more reliable?

tocador

Smash Lord
Has anyone at least tried to read what i said?

I said that the fact that pit will need to play with more caution, and that fox will be the one exercising pressure he will have the advantage. But i think no one cares for what i say =[.

JOE!

Smash Hero
His point is that if Fox shot his laser from close distance, it'd reflect at him so fast that even if he was able to dodge it, it would serve no purpose.
Why would he shoot the shield?

what I mean is that if it came down to Pit using his swords, Fox still can use the gun

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
Right, but what we need to decide is, even though each party has a 1-hit kill weapon, which one is more reliable?
If we are talking about weapon reliability i think pit would win then because he has everlasting arrows and i think fox's lasers are limited (correct me if im wrong). So if i am right and fox's laser stopped then pit would be left with swords, arrows, and the ability to fly as opposed to fox's reflector/broken gun (which he could throw i guess xD). But again im not sure if fox can run out of lasers i just remember in some of his games he has some reload time in between multiple shots : /

chaoslink20

Smash Cadet
If we are talking about weapon reliability i think pit would win then because he has everlasting arrows and i think fox's lasers are limited (correct me if im wrong). So if i am right and fox's laser stopped then pit would be left with swords, arrows, and the ability to fly as opposed to fox's reflector/broken gun (which he could throw i guess xD). But again im not sure if fox can run out of lasers i just remember in some of his games he has some reload time in between multiple shots : /
I don't really see how pit has infinite arrows. I mean, I've never even seen anyone make arrows out of their sword o.o..And if pit were to be using his sword, fox COULD grab both of his hands, and kick Pit in the chest. Then take one of Pit's blades and use them against him. Just saying.

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
I don't really see how pit has infinite arrows. I mean, I've never even seen anyone make arrows out of their sword o.o..And if pit were to be using his sword, fox COULD grab both of his hands, and kick Pit in the chest. Then take one of Pit's blades and use them against him. Just saying.
haha i like how your mind works xD, but pit creates arrows out of light, as the name light arrows would imply which would make them infinite as long as there is light (i think?) But yeah fox does have the martial art skills to get pits swords but then pit would have the height advantage with his flight

JOE!

Smash Hero
Fox isn't going to be able to get into a position where it'd be Blaster vs. swords if Pit camps the whole time.

Stalemate.
Im actually going with Dryns idea of an approaching Fox, if he gets to the shield....couldnt he just shoot Pit?

tocador

Smash Lord
Im actually going with Dryns idea of an approaching Fox, if he gets to the shield....couldnt he just shoot Pit?
Ive been discussing this with dryns for 3 pages now U.u.

The point is, even if pit has the shield, for HAS MANY options to counter it, such as running in circles, going sneaky and just camping the shield, while pit can do NOTHING execpt stay still untill he dies of hunger.

The fact that if pit tries to put his head out of protection to see will get him killed with a headshot, implies constant fear on him, while fox just has to play the waiting game.

Pit can sure ram into fox, but fox can just walk back or get arround pit and get him.

I beleive the most viable would be pit hidding until it ends, so that would make the advantage for Fox.

IMO, fox wins, not even ¬¬.

tocador

Smash Lord
haha i like how your mind works xD, but pit creates arrows out of light, as the name light arrows would imply which would make them infinite as long as there is light (i think?) But yeah fox does have the martial art skills to get pits swords but then pit would have the height advantage with his flight
The point is: If pit trys to shot a arrow, he will be shot down by fox lasers. Shooting a arrow takes time to put the arrow, and aiming time, prolly 2-3 seconds long. While that, fox will jsut be shooting the a** of pit. So pit cant really use his arrows, making his game a "trying to approach game".

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ha nobody cares about Pit's ability to fly anymore, even though it could be the thing that helps him win XD But I dont feel like explaining anymore, I do understand the whoel shield situation now though, and I never said he could shield and shoot at the same time, I actually said that he obviously couldnt in an earlier post when I thought Fox would be the winner.

Adler

Smash Apprentice
Pits wings look quite frail, a single shot would ground him.
Fox could use the spray-and-pray tactic with his much faster firing blaster and pit would need to really get lucky to get a shot in (which, because arrows move slower than Lazors, Fox could easily reflect).
If it came down to melee however I think Pit would win, he has swords and fox doesn't.

Of cause Pit would need to get in close first to use them, and Fox is smart and would keep on the move while firing.

My money's on Fox.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Hey JOE! just a question. How come the title of this matchup says:

:pit: Magic vs Technology :fox:
IN THIS BATTLE OF WITS AND SPEED...

WHO

IS

DEADLIEST?

Obviosly, Pit wont have magic, he will have a high jump and glide though, as well as the mirror shield, arrows and blades

Fox has his pistol and reflector as allways
It says "magic vs. technoloy" but then right after than it says "well obviously Pit wont have magic" It really doesnt make sense XD

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I was thinking maybe he could get his magical energy arrows..........................................................................................................

^_^ just a thought

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I've made up my mind. I've taken these points into consideration:

Pit:
Long Range:
slower rate of fire for arrows, which aren't as deadly as lasers, attempting to fire an arrow would give an opening, pit's shield covers majority of his body and would obstruct his view when protecting his head
Short Range: Pit will use the sounds from the gun to determine where fox is and counter strafe him in order to remain behind his shield. Counter strafing, listening, and using the shield will help protect him from fox's point blank shots. Note that short range doesn't necessarily mean within sword slash range.

Fox:
Long Range:
Fox will keep firing his laser pistol and strafe pit to avoid any reflected laser beams. Fox can willingly move closer or further from pit. Fox most likely won't have to worry about any arrows. Also, fox can reflect any lasers that were reflected from his shield.
Short Range: Fox will try to strafe pit and catch him on the sides. Fox will not get close enough to be slashed with a sword, but just out of range. Fox will have to be more careful shooting this close, since reflected lasers will travel less distance to fox, giving him less time to dodge or reflect.

Some points that people have argued. Gunshots are loud and do give us a sense of where it's coming from and even how far away it is. During the 4th of july, i heard fireworks from all directions, and I can tell whether it's coming from the next street over to somewhere downtown. As for the strafing issues, I do think pit can move with his shield. When determining whether fox can out-strafe pit when running to the sides, I do not think it is viable. Think of it this way. Strafing around a point is like running in a circle. In this case it is concentric circles (meaning a circle inside a circle). Fox would have to run a bigger distance around a single point, while pit would basically have to turn on point. It's geometry.

So, I think this would indeed end up as a stalemate. Fox would be circling pit shooting his lasers, while pit would be shielding and counter strafing (circling in the opposite direction) and pivoting when needed. If fox closes the distance, then his reflected lasers become harder to avoid. All the while at the closer range, they would still be circling each other. I believe this match would end up being a sexy dance.

I must note that it seems pit's gliding ability was neglected, probably cause it wouldn't do much. Just take note gliding in the air is probably faster than pit's running speed. Another reason why i think this would end up a tie.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I personally think it depends on who shoots accurately first. I also think people are underestimating Pit's arrow speed. It's not THAT slow to load an arrow for master bowman. Also, Everyone seems to forget that while Fox is shooting he is also unprotected so if Fox misses, its an arrow to the face, which is insta-death

tocador

Smash Lord
I personally think it depends on who shoots accurately first. I also think people are underestimating Pit's arrow speed. It's not THAT slow to load an arrow for master bowman. Also, Everyone seems to forget that while Fox is shooting he is also unprotected so if Fox misses, its an arrow to the face, which is insta-death
Can you stay still during 1/2 seconds withought cover avoiding lasers like a contorcionist? And EVEN if pit can, and manages to shot a arrow, fox has 3 options:

1.Duck/dodge

2.Reflect

3.Shoot it down with lasers, as lasers > arrows(laser burn it/destroy it).

And yeah.... The chances are pit wont be shooting lots of arrows in this MU.

Regardless. I think this mu goes to Fox. The simple fact that pit is the one under pressure and that he is the one always on defense should give the edge to fox ^^.

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
But pit can move his arrows, so what if he just fires off a bunch of arrows and controls them to create a huge barrage? It would put fox on the defensive and pit would gain the upper hand. And in order to gain time to do so he could start gliding making himself a harder target to hit, and even if fox reflects everything that would give pit time to come up from behind and slash him or something. On a side note what happens if like fox reflects an arrow and pit reflects it too and they keep reflecting it back and forth?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Nah ace he doesnt get his energy arrows, although I think he should. That arrow is coming in fast too, it's not a video game this is realistic. So Dodging it is really not an option, and no, he will not be able to shoot the arrow down, the arrow will be moving too fast and how do u know its made of wood. Your stretching it now to make it look like a clear fox advantage. I think its extremely close to even.

EDIT: Lets not forget he can FLY!!!! I wanna talk about how thats an advatnage for Pit =) but not now dinner time.

Top Bottom