• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Shame Samus' Suit can't realistically do anything. I mean, there's a completely weirded explanation for why she has 255 Missiles and what not, but...eh.

Maybe the Arm Cannon has an isolated compound that can be ejected, which, upon contact with the Oxygen in the air, ignites and becomes an exothermic reaction or something. A quick reaction, mind you.

JOE!

Smash Hero
the arm canon would hold 1 small missle, and would most likley use the wave beam now that i think of it

PowerBomb

Smash Master
The Wave Beam consists of particles of energy traveling through solid objects. For some weird reason, these particles can't go through organic matter. Maybe it's like, gamma radiation or something. Special gamma radiation. *shrugs*

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Ah, but in Metroid: Zero Mission, it's stated to be energy particles that travel in waves.

Light travels in waves... the invisible spectrum is high-energy and can travel through objects... but this poses a weird-*** thing since it doesn't go through organic compounds... Carbon has something to do with it.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I don't know. It's electromagnetic radiation, is it not? Or isn't it the electron moving from orbital to orbital, generating potential energy or something like that? *shrugs*

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
sowwies, if it's any consolation, you just nailed the 13,000th post

EDIT!:

what happened?

you magically got bumped to 13001 o.O
Emperor of Time hax :0
yeah, but if samus is just running in circles....who's an easier target?
The guy standing in the middle doing nothing. Say Fox is in the middle, Samus is distracting him, Wolf runs up, bayonet/claws/hitting him in the head with the gun, ???, profit.

Edit: M: OM has been confirmed to take place between Super Metroid(Metroid III) and Metroid Fusion(Metroid IV)

Uffe

Smash Hero
This is basically a 2 vs 1 going on here. Fox and Falco are on teams and Wolf and Samus are alone. As for "beam" weapons, her Ice Beam and Plasma Beam aren't really things that could be reflected if you were to make this a bit realistic. Ice and plasma don't reflect. Overall I don't really see this discussion going anywhere for awhile. I'd like to say that having a reflector doesn't necessarily mean instant win for anybody. I doubt those reflect physical attacks.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I'm guessing we can pull of some ideas from Star Fox Assault when it come's the character stats. Wolf's better at combat than Fox and Falco are.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
jesus, we've done this in past MU's:

Reflectors reflect energy weapons
I just made a really big post that you IGNORED.
Go back and read it.
:mad:
A. it's not realistic
and B. It would reflect punches with that theory.

And it would not be able to reflect missles.
And that's another thing, it can't reflect her beam (which Ice Beam is unrealistic but w/e), because that would kinda warp time and space.
When a lazor hits a mirror, goes in the it is heading.
By what the reflector does, the beam would TURN AROUND and hit you.
Now imagine your head a beam turning around.
Omigosh.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
No, I mean are they realistic?

Samus' Suit is perfectly plausible... maybe its durability can be questioned in the face of extreme environmental hazards, but it can be perfectly plausible.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
No, I mean are they realistic?

Samus' Suit is perfectly plausible... maybe its durability can be questioned in the face of extreme environmental hazards, but it can be perfectly plausible.
Ice beam? Heck no.
Elec. beam? Depends.

Kinda going to go get on spacies first the work my way on Samus, not picking sides yet.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I was talking about the spacies reflector's...

Ice Beam could spray liquid nitrogen. Maybe there are 'cords' or something that go from her shoulderblade things to her arm cannon, giving her hand enough room to move around and the cords enough room to expel a material like a fire extinguisher. Maybe...

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I was talking about the spacies reflector's...

Ice Beam could spray liquid nitrogen. Maybe there are 'cords' or something that go from her shoulderblade things to her arm cannon, giving her hand enough room to move around and the cords enough room to expel a material like a fire extinguisher. Maybe...
The !@#$ thing is smaller than a fire extinguisher and already has a missle in it.
Spacies reflector is stupid and unrealistic.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
*proceeds to lol*

Actually, the Arm Cannon enlarges when it fires a missile.

I STILL don't get how the reflector is supposed to realistically work. Meh

EDIT: Saw your edited response. So, your fist is an energy weapon in the way it expends energy to move and punch something with enough force to cause pain?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
*proceeds to lol*

Actually, the Arm Cannon enlarges when it fires a missile.

I STILL don't get how the reflector is supposed to realistically work. Meh
How the heck is it going to enlarge? O______________________________o

And didn't I just give a huge paragraph as to why it WON'T?

Edit: well I didn't realize JOE! said only energy weapons, so I just figured that's what it would be.
But my "space and time" theory is kind of like you punching it, but your fist goes in the other direction (which means you dun have a fist anymore).
Prolly warps space but w/e who cares lol.

I think by energy he means like plasma, and not a solid.

tocador

Smash Lord
"The Annihilator Charge Combo is the Sonic Boom, an exceedingly powerful shot that creates a rift in space and damages any enemies near the target. When activated, it instantaneously creates a rift at the closest target in the line of fire, making for a very fast and powerful attack. Interestingly enough, even though it is named the "Sonic Boom", it cannot be seen when using the echo visor, which allows the user to "see" sound. A likely functional reason may be that a Sonic Boom is so powerful that whoever "saw" the blast would go "blind"."

Apparently it creates a rift in time and space.

Yeah sure, cpmpletly plausible.

UncleSam

Smash Master
What is that made out of?

She's not GGing with that. lol
I need to know how that works.....
reason it's made out of sound is it creates a sound wave as it goes towards its target when seeing it through the Echo visor (which sees soundwaves)
multiple ways it could work. The arm cannon could fire a dart that pierces the sound barrier popping the spacies ears causing extreme pain.
air cannon that breaks the sound barrier.
A beam that represents a wavelength of sound, ect...
EDIT: also what toc said

tocador

Smash Lord
@Sam: As said by metroid wiki: "[...], it cannot be seen when using the echo visor[...]", and besides it being a "Sonic boom" it dosent make loud sound, and creating a rift is impossible U.U

UncleSam

Smash Master
@Sam: As said by metroid wiki: "[...], it cannot be seen when using the echo visor[...]", and besides it being a "Sonic boom" it dosent make loud sound, and creating a rift is impossible U.U
It also said that: "A likely functional reason may be that a Sonic Boom is so powerful that whoever "saw" the blast would go "blind"."

Top Bottom