• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
That doesn't make very much sense, Sam.

The impact and explosion would be translated directly onto the suit.
It wouldn't translate into "energy" that somehow drains away something like energy tanks.

It works in-game, but not so much IRL.

UncleSam

Smash Master
nobody listens

O wait...
@REL-color fail anyway.
absorbing the blow, energy is pumped through the suit to strengthen it to resist blows. Think of it as exoskeleton steroids. As it pumps energy through the suit it goes through chemical reactions strengthening it. Now IDK how that works but apparently spacies have reflectors even though nothing like that exists so...

UncleSam

Smash Master
The thickest part of the suit (except arm cannon) is the upper chest and shoulders. I know she's got a rack, but it doesn't take up the entire chest area, and that's where the PED suit flows phazon through the energy tanks so, chest shoulders acts as a main section to move energy through.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Well, if Spacies get their reflectors then it only makes sense for Samus to have Energy Tanks.

But she'd have very few, 4-5 tops.

Those things are pretty dang big. Bigger than Samus' head.

???
only the liquid is used. the only tanks that are held are reserves which are (ironically) 5 like you said.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Can someone explain to me how reflectors are realistic? They were made exclusively for Smash Bros and based off of the Arwings doing a barrel roll. What current technology can emulate that in the form of a small portable piece of metal?

tocador

Smash Lord
Can someone explain to me how reflectors are realistic? They were made exclusively for Smash Bros and based off of the Arwings doing a barrel roll. What current technology can emulate that in the form of a small portable piece of metal?
They are as realistic as samus power suit/charge beam/being able to shot missles + lasers from teh same place.

REL38

Smash Lord
Cuz doing that means people will nerf Samus so she doesn't get any energy tanks since it's "unrealistic".

Then Spamus side will say there's no way they can hold their weapons or have that many.

The Furries will then claim that Spamus can't conventionally move in her Power Suit.

Then the Spamus side will retaliate with saying Humanoid-Furries are evolutionarily impossible.

Then the Furries side will demand that Spamus already be dead due having Bird-Blood and being tossed into a giant freezer.

Then everyone will flame and spam and cry and yelp and scouter jokes and pics of naughty Samus and fan-fics and trollin' and cake and closed thread and Mod Party and other junk will ensue.

So let's just let things as they are, shall we?

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Cuz doing that means people will nerf Samus so she doesn't get any energy tanks since it's "unrealistic".

Then Spamus side will say there's no way they can hold their weapons or have that many.

The Furries will then claim that Spamus can't conventionally move in her Power Suit.

Then the Spamus side will retaliate with saying Humanoid-Furries are evolutionarily impossible.

Then the Furries side will demand that Spamus already be dead due having Bird-Blood and being tossed into a giant freezer.

Then everyone will flame and spam and cry and yelp and scouter jokes and pics of naughty Samus and fan-fics and trollin' and cake and closed thread and Mod Party and other junk will ensue.

So let's just let things as they are, shall we?Desu
Fixed for lulz.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
QFT, folks if we're gonna be realistic we need to be realistic evenly.

Now, let's stop it with the hand waves and the allowances, I know I mentioned them in the past, but it defeats the entire point of the thread.

Uffe

Smash Hero
For Missiles and Super Missiles, if Reflectors were allowed, I doubt they'd reflect either of those projectiles directly back at her. They'd most likely fling off another direction. Which if either of them are on the ground, there would be some slight chances the missiles would hit the ground, thus exploding nearby.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
It's going to be one of the spacies. Having Reflectors in this MU is a huge advantage, one that Samus doesn't have. Then we have established that Wolf > Fox, so it will be Wolf vs. Falco, and in that case, Wolf would win, because he has evrything that Falco has, plus claws.
However, if Fox and Falco team up to take out Wolf, then the fight would be about even.

tocador

Smash Lord

Now, let's stop it with the hand waves and the allowances, I know I mentioned them in the past, but it defeats the entire point of the thread.
We are being evenish here.

Samus gets to live, spacies get to have reflectors.

Sounds good enough?

JOE!

Smash Hero

if there are no reflectors, samus gets no "power" suit.

she gets pew-pewed and dies

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
How are Reflectors being compared to power suite?

How IS FOX BEATING WOLF?

Realistically, a Wolf would kill a Fox, no matter what shape.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I agree with Uffe that reflectors wouldn't totally reflect a missile. If the explosion is close enough, it'll do the job.

Also, how exactly do the reflectors work(as in do they have to be stationary)?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Do you like Marth?

JOE! Reminder: Since this is the finale, remember to set up an AT round with #5
I meant by my patterns of picking sides in these discussions.

PS. I actually despise marth and consider him a blight on FE, my maining of him is self-punishment to serve to further my martyr complex and furthermore to mentally strengthen me in order to ultimately dominate the world.
j/k

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
I meant by my patterns of picking sides in these discussions.

PS. I actually despise marth and consider him a blight on FE, my maining of him is self-punishment to serve to further my martyr complex and furthermore to mentally strengthen me in order to ultimately dominate the world.
j/k
I understand completely.
Which city are you targeting first?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This. I have been meaning to ask.
JOE! said that is samus gets the Power Suite, they get Reflectors.
Power suit makes sense. It's Iron Man basically.
And heavyness? I thought it was made out of a light but hard matierial.

Like putting someone in a mini-mechwarrior. Giving someone something that reflects items throw at you (why the heck not fists while were at it?) is insanely unrealistic.

BTW Custom Robo Arena>Mechwarrior, just sayin'.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
A reflector is insanely unrealistic.
With the properties of a reflector, you could reflect a PUNCH back and turn it the other way.
Even if it were posible via some sort of plasma, it would keep going forever like a lazor. Not to mention it wouldn't look like a shape.
Samus' suit doesn't look like it was made to use a lot of weapons, which makes things unfair. She only has one missle. She should have some kind of access to plasma or electricity. I'm thinking a tazor-like gun on her arm. It's realistic, and should be able to work.

But before we start answering, we come to the question.

WHERE THE !@#$ IS HER ARM GOING TO BE?
What is it chopped off? Look at this.

My gosh.
Samus sucks.

This is completely wrong. Her suit is completely flawed. Her arm cannot be in arm cannon because HER OTHER ARM IS PROLLY GOES FARTHER THAN THE GOSH DARNED CANNON. And, with her arm being so close to w/e she's firing, it's going to backfire.
Therefore, Samus loses, with Wolf being against 2 people YEAH I DUN THINK SO Fox wins due to him being faster than Falco.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Meh I know nothing about the Starfox series but it just seemed reasonable that fox would be faster (due to Barlw).
But Samus is still destroyed.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
*snip*
This is completely wrong. Her suit is completely flawed. Her arm cannot be in arm cannon because HER OTHER ARM IS PROLLY GOES FARTHER THAN THE GOSH DARNED CANNON. And, with her arm being so close to w/e she's firing, it's going to backfire.
Therefore, Samus loses, with Wolf being against 2 people YEAH I DUN THINK SO Fox wins due to him being faster than Falco.
Again, play moar Metroid. The Brawl model is a pretty bad thing to go off of, but in Prime it shows her hand's postion, and in Trilogy/M:OM they show the inner working of the arm cannon.

I did agree with you on the reflectors, though. If they are on always, wouldn't people get shocked similarly to how they do in the beginning of the move?

Finally, if they have to sit still while using them, Samus could in theory target them, run around in circles while shooting them, and close in. They either risk dropping the reflector to avoid a melee attack/grappling hook, or getting shot trying to get away.

Top Bottom