• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nova9000

Smash Lord
El Kabong his neck. GGs Zard.

And would it be? How much strength do you need to punch him in the neck lol?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I will when I get home lol.
So we're on to Diddy right?

I have him losing to:

:mario2: :falcon: :ike: :bowser2: :fox: :snake: :shiek:/:zelda: :zerosuitsamus: :ness2: :roymelee: :pit: :wolf: :marth: :falco: :charizard: :ganondorf: :peach:

All have better projectiles/swords and can kill a chimp with them.

Debatable ones:

:dk2: :lucas: :popo: :warioc: :toonlink: :olimar:

DK...Diddy is a guitar hero, and DK has no weapons...
Lucas could be under the sam ecategory as Ness, but I wanted more verification on it.
ICs have teamwork...Diddy only has one guitar...
Wario is the same as DK...
Tink has the weapons, but lacks the strength that most competitors have...
If Oli works any way that I propose, then this could be a win in his column.

@ JOE!:
I added Tink as well, so the W/L ratio is out of 39. I added it in the chart under its own category.

Diddy had lucky MUs from the looks lol...
Why is Diddy losing to Mario? Because he's got a hammer which is too heavy for him? <_< Diddy would beat Ness and Lucas as well, even if they have bombs (which shouldn't be too spectacular in the first place), same goes for Peach.

What can Olimar do? He's too small to do anything. Toon Link is deformed, and his sword is very small. Diddy'd knock him out with a guitar whack to his head.

Ice Climbers, I dunno.
Wario neither. He's short and fat, but strong. What weapons does he have?

DK would beat Diddy senceless though.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Why is Diddy losing to Mario? Because he's got a hammer which is too heavy for him? <_< Diddy would beat Ness and Lucas as well, even if they have bombs (which shouldn't be too spectacular in the first place), same goes for Peach.

What can Olimar do? He's too small to do anything. Toon Link is deformed, and his sword is very small. Diddy'd knock him out with a guitar whack to his head.

Ice Climbers, I dunno.
Wario neither. He's short and fat, but strong. What weapons does he have?

DK would beat Diddy senceless though.
I knew you'd be here soon enough lol.
Weegee has the giant hammer. Mario has the throwing hammers seen in SMB3.

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/8/81/SMB3_HammerMario.jpg/800px-SMB3_HammerMario.jpg

How does a guitar beat bombs?

Oli I'm working on. I'll post that stuff soon.

Tink deformed? Elaborate...

Wario has no weapons.

And DK it is then.

Updated list as well.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Actually, I prefer both ways-the tier list and the data so support it. This way, when random Sonic mains come in asking dumb questions it will have all the data there. I'll post my chart in a few of what we have so far and have everyone take a look at it and we judge from there.
Yea. They are just about the same really, so having one is practically the same as the other.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8651815&postcount=11544

Discuss.
so what Nova we use this with the tier list we worked on? OK.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
ICs > Diddy: One can distract him while the other konks him one, allowing them to ensue the beatdown to death.

DK ? Diddy: Diddy is a Chimpanzee, DK is a Gorilla, Diddy has a guitart, DK ha snada. The question is does Diddy truly have the strength to wield his guitar? That would depend on how big he is.

Wario >? Diddy: Didn't we give Wario bombs somewhere? I think we did.

Olimar I am skeptical about because of the IC vs. Olimar round, and I haven't seen any of his other rounds since I had gone on hiatus for awhile.

I feel awesome for making Mewtwo whip Zard though.

WHIP THE NECK WITH YOUR TAIL!!!

Nova9000

Smash Lord
so what Nova we use this with the tier list we worked on? OK.
Yup. They should resemble each other IMO as well. And it gives me something to do lol. ;)

Posting to show that I'm not dead. >_> just waiting x.x
We know....HOLOpaW is the one we care about though...get kidnapped or something lolol jk.

ICs > Diddy: One can distract him while the other konks him one, allowing them to ensue the beatdown to death.

DK ? Diddy: Diddy is a Chimpanzee, DK is a Gorilla, Diddy has a guitart, DK ha snada. The question is does Diddy truly have the strength to wield his guitar? That would depend on how big he is.

Olimar I am skeptical about because of the IC vs. Olimar round, and I haven't seen any of his other rounds since I had gone on hiatus for awhile.

I was thinking the same for ICs but wasn't sure.
DK wins. If DIddy fails with the guitar, then he has nothing anymore. DK ****.
Wario was determined not to have bombs anymore. Unless you can find a game that isn't Bomberman or Mario Party.
Oli I am working on saving. I guess I'm gonna have to post what I have soner than I thought....*gets Guest out of lurking*
I also saved Bowser and Charizard and gave them flame breath as well. So M2 should lose that MU then. :ohwell:

Lol @ my post count...

JOE!

Smash Hero
so uh, yeah....

diddy is like a worse version of ivy, losing to the same people, plus a few other random guys?

REL38

Smash Lord
Ho ho ho!

I aim to finish what I started, just you wait Beren!

But probably sometime in the future . . . . cuz my Internet is completely dead for a while

:'(

Just sayin' for the future or past
Ivy loses to anyone with range or a sword
Cuz a thrown sword will kill a stationary target
Even if it won't hit 100% of the time, it'll come out as the majority in 1000 fights

Nova9000

Smash Lord
so uh, yeah....

diddy is like a worse version of ivy, losing to the same people, plus a few other random guys?
I'm guessing. I'll await Diddy Kong's rebuttals though. But We can discuss the next MU until then. Mario?

Ho ho ho!

I aim to finish what I started, just you wait Beren!

But probably sometime in the future . . . . cuz my Internet is completely dead for a while

:'(

Just sayin' for the future or past
Ivy loses to anyone with range or a sword
Cuz a thrown sword will kill a stationary target
Even if it won't hit 100% of the time, it'll come out as the majority in 1000 fights
I disagree. Ivy can move, just not as well as the other fighters. A thrown sword is equal to Diddy breaking his guitar w/o killing the opponent; Failure. The risk/reward isn't great enough for the swordsman. And since Ivy can control his flower, what's stopping him from...

JOE!

Smash Hero
another thing: Swordsmen will come into the fight with no knowledge of Ivy's toxic spores, so theyd have no inclination to suddenly fling their prized weapon....

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So...should we discuss Olimar now? Like we could do it when we actually get to him, but that would be more work. If I discuss him now, we can work out the kinks with him and the Pikmin and then see if Diddy can beat him. Or we can move on to Mario and procrastinate about Oli. Choices?
Bring it on Guest...
And I also believe we should discuss the characters we're considering for the next round in the group back room. By the time we finish the chart, we should be geared up and ready to go into round 6.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Try to distract a wild animal yourself I dare you... The Ice Climber's physique don't allow them with much power in their hammers anyways. I dunno why Diddy's got the guitar but.. if he has it and it breaks, couldn't he stab with it?

Wario is short and fat. Wouldn't argue that he's stronger than Diddy, cause most likely he is. But Diddy might be more aggresive. I'm not sure who would win this.

Olimar is too small. Or are we giving him Brawl's height? Still, his short arms wouldn't help him much, and what would Pikmin do in real life? I'm still not sure exactly what they do when attached to an enemy in game so... Olimar's protective suit gives him more defence, but I think Diddy's chimp aggression might give him the win.

Unless Olimar has some sharp weapon of sorts. But even then... Even atlectic men with a knife would have trouble with a chimp. Which is why Snake lost to Donkey Kong before, but gorillas are even stronger.

What about Diddy vs Peach? How's a skinny princess with bombs winning? Does she even have the power to throw them properly? Diddy's got speed to boot, but then again, he doesn't know that Peach's packed with bombs nor that bombs equal teared of limbs (which if happens, I could still imagine Diddy beating the crap out of Peach with just one arm).

What about Mewtwo? That thing's got pretty big legs, can Diddy reach him? He beat Charizard... Diddy didn't.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Try to distract a wild animal yourself I dare you...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Ice Climber's physique don't allow them with much power in their hammers anyways. I dunno why Diddy's got the guitar but.. if he has it and it breaks, couldn't he stab with it?
They're about the same height and their weapons have similar reach. Except Diddy breaks his and he has a handle to use. ICs still have mallets to beat him with. Unless you can determine a new weapon for him to use, I don't see how Diddy beats them.

Wario is short and fat. Wouldn't argue that he's stronger than Diddy, cause most likely he is. But Diddy might be more aggresive. I'm not sure who would win this.
Actually, I would differ. I wouldn't be surprised if Diddy was stronger than Wario, but Diddy can't take a hit like Wario can. Besides, Wario can't deal with Diddy's teeth too well, so it's close. But a guitar does give something for Diddy to swing with.
Olimar is too small. Or are we giving him Brawl's height? Still, his short arms wouldn't help him much, and what would Pikmin do in real life? I'm still not sure exactly what they do when attached to an enemy in game so... Olimar's protective suit gives him more defence, but I think Diddy's chimp aggression might give him the win.

Unless Olimar has some sharp weapon of sorts. But even then... Even atlectic men with a knife would have trouble with a chimp. Which is why Snake lost to Donkey Kong before, but gorillas are even stronger.
I will address Olimar in a bit. But he's 4ft and teh Pikmin are 1ft. BTW, if Oli has a suit tht supplies lolxygen to him, then couldn't he beat Ivy?:confused:

What about Diddy vs Peach? How's a skinny princess with bombs winning? Does she even have the power to throw them properly? Diddy's got speed to boot, but then again, he doesn't know that Peach's packed with bombs nor that bombs equal teared of limbs (which if happens, I could still imagine Diddy beating the crap out of Peach with just one arm).
Hmmm....you may have a point...I still take her for a bimbo but w/e. REL and Just can debate that one with you. But if Diddy gets hit by a bomb, he's dead. I reckon that outcome would occur more often than not.

What about Mewtwo? That thing's got pretty big legs, can Diddy reach him? He beat Charizard... Diddy didn't.
He was referring to the Zard v. M2 MU. Beren went on a hiatus so that's what he's familiar with. But Diddy beats M2.

I think Mewtwo, being a weird cat-kangaroo thing, should have retractable claws.
Mewtwo is more kangaroo than cat. And he never had claws to use at all before.

JOE!

Smash Hero
lol @ ivy vs olimar

....the poison kills them all but the whites...

....it'd be a stalemate really XD

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah something like that. :laugh: But what I meant is that if the one tries to distract, Diddy would be at an advantage cause he could take on one Ice Climber at least. If he say, killed Nana, and then used her hammer against Popo with chimpy rage. The match would go to Diddy.

The Ice Climbers shouldn't seperate.

They're about the same height and their weapons have similar reach. Except Diddy breaks his and he has a handle to use. ICs still have mallets to beat him with. Unless you can determine a new weapon for him to use, I don't see how Diddy beats them.
That's why I thought maybe the broken huitar could be sharp enough to stab with..?

Actually, I would differ. I wouldn't be surprised if Diddy was stronger than Wario, but Diddy can't take a hit like Wario can. Besides, Wario can't deal with Diddy's teeth too well, so it's close. But a guitar does give something for Diddy to swing with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFMpWm6ECgQ

Here is a tug of war fight between a sumo wrestler, and a orang utan. The monkey is about half the human's weight, but pulles the guy in the mud effortlessly. So yeah, I think Diddy would be stronger than Wario as well.

Why do you think Wario could take hits better? His cholestorol is too high. :laugh: No but seriously, why? Diddy should win this imo. Especially with the guitar.

I will address Olimar in a bit. But he's 4ft and teh Pikmin are 1ft. BTW, if Oli has a suit tht supplies lolxygen to him, then couldn't he beat Ivy?:confused:
What else besides poision powder can Ivysaur do then? Would depend on that..

Hmmm....you may have a point...I still take her for a bimbo but w/e. REL and Just can debate that one with you. But if Diddy gets hit by a bomb, he's dead. I reckon that outcome would occur more often than not.
Bimbo or not, she's still an expremely skinny princess in a tigh dress. Weak, and very slow. If Diddy is far enough away from her, she couldn't even kill him with her bombs - seeing as she couldn't possibly throw them far enough.

Diddy would know that bombs be dangerous and would adapt his strategy to it. And if Diddy got up close, he'd easily tear Peach appart. How dangerous exactly are Peach's bombs?

And why can Peach have bombs, but Diddy cannot have his Orange Grenades from DK64? Those things AREN'T oranges... only shaped as them. The things have all features a real grenade does, it's only orange.

He was referring to the Zard v. M2 MU. Beren went on a hiatus so that's what he's familiar with. But Diddy beats M2.
Yes, I would think so to. But Mewtwo with his big legs, can put up quite a defence against the smaller Diddy. I think it'd be one of the most interesting "animal" fights out of any character. But yes, Diddy would likely win. But why can't Diddy beat Charizard then? But Mewtwo can?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Olimar and Pikmin WoT

So this is what I have on Olimar and his Pikmin. Feel free to disagree with me...

They are a hybrid of plant and animal, so it's plausible that their stems are plant and their body is animal. With that said, a bud, leaf, or flower could be supported because of the makeup of a cell wall. Their lower bodies would function like an animal would. This way, photosynthesis takes place and the top of the Pikmin takes in the energy fom the sun and converts it into energy for its body.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vascular_plant
This. They have evolved from using roots because the Onion supplies them with necessary netrients for the entire day. Photosynthesis would occur during the day to maintain energy as well. And evolution could also have allowed meta-cognition to happen with the Pikmin as well. After all, if plant's can't get to sunlight for example, maybe they evolved to use their roots and become legs. This way they can follow wherever resources are available. To justify this, we have the different species of Pikmin. We could say they all came from Reds and migrated to other places where they had to adapt to the enviorment. Therefore Blues gained gills, yellows ears, and so on. It's a long shot, but it could happen.

Now each Pikmin species is different, but they all can use a headbutt attack. With that stem being as big as it is, some damage could be done if all swing simultaneously. The cell wall is strong enough to endure this kind of fighting. In regards to how they work scientifically, note this (thx US):
it's a loop remember? a pikmin absorbs light, water and CO2 to create O2 and sugar, which it uses to breathe and keep its body running which burns CO2 and water, with more light the process repeats. Pikmin are essentially born once the process starts, why do you think pikmin are in the ground before birth?
umm, exactly, you wouldn't need a circulatory system if your body provides you with everything you need to live, pikmin wouldn't even need mouths.
they wouldn't need an immune system because they:
1) don't eat
2) don't breathe outside air, the air they get comes from their bodies which is safe for their bodies.
Now for specifics. Reds could use their pointy fingers to grip the opponent and dig into their flesh. If they can reach their opponent's face, then ripping of flesh may occur. Think of i as a cat has claws. They stay out all the time but when it wants to it can use them very well. Yellows could have the ability to glide. If they can jump high enough, gliding with their ears similar to how a flying squirrel uses its skin to hover. By hovering, it allows flying headbutts (sorry, I couldn't resist). Blues wouldn't really have anything I could think of. Their strength is what I never really looked into until now. If blues can do this, and they seem to be the jack of all trades species of Pikmin, how much stronger could purples be?

Purples would be the wild card Pikmin. Since they're so heavy, they wouldn't be very mobile, but they could protect Oli. Since they are bigger than the rest of the Pikmin, they may be able to block some attacks that would otherwise hit Oli. And, since they're the strongest, they could throw other Pikmin as well. Purple power + Red lethality = a nice sized ouch. And assuming they can lift many more times their weight, A purple could throw a purple, which would pack plenty concussive force.

Finally, we have the whites. The whites are the lightest Pikmin, and also poisonous. Since they're so light, I'm willing to say Oli can pick them up and use them like he does in Brawl. if Oli squeezes their body, they could possibly excrete poison. As far as whites, since they are the weakest they would have the weakest cell wall makeup, allowing them to lyse easier and expel the poison in them. I mean, take poison ivy for example. The plants secrete an oil that causes the irritation. So for whites to do the same could work. Now for fighters with permeable skin, the toxins can secrete and get into their body that way, which again explains why when eaten they are toxic. Oli has a helmet, so why does he care? They're also really fast so Oli could throw them and they attack, and run back.

Now talking with REL, he has lead me on to some other ideas as well. One of those is the Bitter Spray idea. It would stimulate the Pikmin in a raged state. He could spray it on a certain type (blues and purples, for example) and have a better control over the Pikmin that is the most useful for the situation. We have the technology to alter plants that harvest seedless fruit, so making a plant more aggressive could work. Now as far as white's poison breath and yellow's electricity, I can't verify. But that's what I have so far in regards to Pikmin.

This is the jist of what I have for Olimar and Pikmin. Dicsuss?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Yeah something like that. :laugh: But what I meant is that if the one tries to distract, Diddy would be at an advantage cause he could take on one Ice Climber at least. If he say, killed Nana, and then used her hammer against Popo with chimpy rage. The match would go to Diddy.

The Ice Climbers shouldn't seperate.

That's why I thought maybe the broken huitar could be sharp enough to stab with..?
Maybe not. But it's still two v. one, and one IC can give Diddy some trouble still. And yea he could use the broken pieces, but he has to contend with two people with hammers. If they didn't have the hammers, then I could see it in DIddy's favor but unless he has this:

Then I see him screwed trying to take on two eskimos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFMpWm6ECgQ

Here is a tug of war fight between a sumo wrestler, and a orang utan. The monkey is about half the human's weight, but pulles the guy in the mud effortlessly. So yeah, I think Diddy would be stronger than Wario as well.

Why do you think Wario could take hits better? His cholestorol is too high. :laugh: No but seriously, why? Diddy should win this imo. Especially with the guitar.
Had to go back to the Diddy v. Pika MU for this one, but this:
http://www.slate.com/id/2212232/
I could see this in Diddy's favor. Unless anyone objects, I could mark this for Diddy.

What else besides poision powder can Ivysaur do then? Would depend on that..
Check JOE! post. He gets it. All Pikmin die except whites and Oli doen't need the air so it's a stalemate.

Bimbo or not, she's still an expremely skinny princess in a tigh dress. Weak, and very slow. If Diddy is far enough away from her, she couldn't even kill him with her bombs - seeing as she couldn't possibly throw them far enough.

Diddy would know that bombs be dangerous and would adapt his strategy to it. And if Diddy got up close, he'd easily tear Peach appart. How dangerous exactly are Peach's bombs?

And why can Peach have bombs, but Diddy cannot have his Orange Grenades from DK64? Those things AREN'T oranges... only shaped as them. The things have all features a real grenade does, it's only orange.
Maybe. I could see Diddy winning this, but I could also see Peach.

And take the oranges up with JOE!. IMO they're just made like that to go with the organic weapons, not really grenades. And how Peach's bombs are lethal i have no idea. But I'm biased lol.

Yes, I would think so to. But Mewtwo with his big legs, can put up quite a defence against the smaller Diddy. I think it'd be one of the most interesting "animal" fights out of any character. But yes, Diddy would likely win. But why can't Diddy beat Charizard then? But Mewtwo can?
M2 beat him because Zard had no fire at the time. But with fire, M2 loses. I think DIddy could take Zard as well, but no one listens to me.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Hey JOE!
WEEK 13: PIKACHU vs LUCARIO
WINNER: LUCARIO
"Even with Pikachu's electrical touch, Lucario would be too much for him to handle in a fight..."

WEEK 4: PIKACHU vs DIDDY KONG
WINNER: DIDDY KONG
"Even with Pika's potent shock, Diddy would be able to evade and smash pikachu with his strength most of the time.
where the hell are my changes? these are supposed to be wins for pika.

succumb to the wrath of my Cherrim!

Sieguest

Smash Master
>.>

So this is what I have on Olimar and his Pikmin. Feel free to disagree with me...
Finally...

They are a hybrid of plant and animal, so it's plausible that their stems are plant and their body is animal. With that said, a bud, leaf, or flower could be supported because of the makeup of a cell wall. Their lower bodies would function like an animal would. This way, photosynthesis takes place and the top of the Pikmin takes in the energy fom the sun and converts it into energy for its body.

One problem. Nutrients can't diffuse through the cell walls. Every cell in a plant is supportive of itself. Distributing plant and animal half and half and relying on the plant to gain energy will only provide energy for the plant side, seeing as how the nutrients gained in a plant cell can't diffuse past the cell wall, the lower half of the pikmin suffers, being the animal part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vascular_plant
This. They have evolved from using roots because the Onion supplies them with necessary netrients for the entire day. Photosynthesis would occur during the day to maintain energy as well. And evolution could also have allowed meta-cognition to happen with the Pikmin as well. After all, if plant's can't get to sunlight for example, maybe they evolved to use their roots and become legs. This way they can follow wherever resources are available. To justify this, we have the different species of Pikmin. We could say they all came from Reds and migrated to other places where they had to adapt to the enviorment. Therefore Blues gained gills, yellows ears, and so on. It's a long shot, but it could happen.
Major problem here, to perform walking takes an amount of energy, for a pikmin to be on an energy drought and then forced to exhaust itself unlike other plants is extremely detrimental, if the Pikmin can't find sunlight or whatever other resource it would need to absorb, it's weakened due to exhaustion.

Now each Pikmin species is different, but they all can use a headbutt attack. With that stem being as big as it is, some damage could be done if all swing simultaneously. The cell wall is strong enough to endure this kind of fighting. In regards to how they work scientifically, note this (thx US):
You fail to realize that I refuted Sam's statement, in order for any multicellular organism to distribute nutrients, regardless how they intake it, it is imperative that they have a circulatory system. Without one, there is no way for nutrients to move and therefore resorts in a dysfunctional system.

So Pikmin must have a circulatory system, and as I've posted many times before, the clashing of plant and animal circulatory systems will kill the pikmin.
(I'll dig up a quote)

Edit: One of many things I said on US's wall.
If they don't have a circulatory system, then there is no place to store anything they may absorb, seeing as how the cirulatory system includes cells and the things associated with them.

Those nutrients mean nothing if they can't go anywhere. It's like us trying to eat food with no digestive system.

And your comparison to a single celled organism is horrible. Plants and Animals are multicellular. Multicellular organisms need a circulatory system, they have no other way of distributing the nutrients they need throughout their entire body. They need cells to perform the functions they need to perform, they need cells to transport the nutrients, they need cells to live, and if the cells are killing each other then they're screwed.
As for airborne contagions, it's called stomata. How do you think some plants take on some weird colors, a virus does that.

You're trying to say that a multicellular organism doesn't need something that all multicellular organisms need. And that's wrong in every way.

EDIT:Also, even if certain cells take care of certain things, they still have to distribute the nutrients throughout the body.
And even as plants don't have immune systems
Animals do and the pikmin would need one to perform all the things an animal does, such as cross terrain and with porous skin fight off harmful bacteria, and that immune system would destroy the plant cells, or if they didn't have one, whatever bacteria is everywhere in the environment will kill them.
There's also still the pressure created by the xylem and pholem in moving cells because they have to use pressure, straining the heart which has to pump red blood cells which will lead to cardiac arrest, which leads to death.
Now you can't tell that plants don't have a circulatory system....
Xylem and Pholem

Now for specifics. Reds could use their pointy fingers to grip the opponent and dig into their flesh. If they can reach their opponent's face, then ripping of flesh may occur. Think of i as a cat has claws. They stay out all the time but when it wants to it can use them very well. Yellows could have the ability to glide. If they can jump high enough, gliding with their ears similar to how a flying squirrel uses its skin to hover. By hovering, it allows flying headbutts (sorry, I couldn't resist). Blues wouldn't really have anything I could think of. Their strength is what I never really looked into until now. If blues can do this, and they seem to be the jack of all trades species of Pikmin, how much stronger could purples be?
You could say this if you justified their anatomy first.

Purples would be the wild card Pikmin. Since they're so heavy, they wouldn't be very mobile, but they could protect Oli. Since they are bigger than the rest of the Pikmin, they may be able to block some attacks that would otherwise hit Oli. And, since they're the strongest, they could throw other Pikmin as well. Purple power + Red lethality = a nice sized ouch. And assuming they can lift many more times their weight, A purple could throw a purple, which would pack plenty concussive force.
Read above.

Finally, we have the whites. The whites are the lightest Pikmin, and also poisonous. Since they're so light, I'm willing to say Oli can pick them up and use them like he does in Brawl. if Oli squeezes their body, they could possibly excrete poison. As far as whites, since they are the weakest they would have the weakest cell wall makeup, allowing them to lyse easier and expel the poison in them. I mean, take poison ivy for example. The plants secrete an oil that causes the irritation. So for whites to do the same could work. Now for fighters with permeable skin, the toxins can secrete and get into their body that way, which again explains why when eaten they are toxic. Oli has a helmet, so why does he care? They're also really fast so Oli could throw them and they attack, and run back.
Once more, read above.

Now talking with REL, he has lead me on to some other ideas as well. One of those is the Bitter Spray idea. It would stimulate the Pikmin in a raged state. He could spray it on a certain type (blues and purples, for example) and have a better control over the Pikmin that is the most useful for the situation. We have the technology to alter plants that harvest seedless fruit, so making a plant more aggressive could work. Now as far as white's poison breath and yellow's electricity, I can't verify. But that's what I have so far in regards to Pikmin.
Oh bloody murder...
We've only had stuff that affects plant growth and reproduction. Seeing as how plants don't move, most have defensive attributes. I could understand stimulating the animal part of the pikmin, but seeing as how that's the lower part, that's only an increase in speed.

This is the jist of what I have for Olimar and Pikmin. Dicsuss?
This would've been good, except you still failed to get around the anatomical wall of conflicting cell systems.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Finally...

One problem. Nutrients can't diffuse through the cell walls. Every cell in a plant is supportive of itself. Distributing plant and animal half and half and relying on the plant to gain energy will only provide energy for the plant side, seeing as how the nutrients gained in a plant cell can't diffuse past the cell wall, the lower half of the pikmin suffers, being the animal part.
What part don't you get? there wouldn't be plant and animal ccells present. All plant cells that have evolved. Pikmin are plants man...

Major problem here, to perform walking takes an amount of energy, for a pikmin to be on an energy drought and then forced to exhaust itself unlike other plants is extremely detrimental, if the Pikmin can't find sunlight or whatever other resource it would need to absorb, it's weakened due to exhaustion.

Photosynthesis provides energy. They use it to walk. Problem solved. :dizzy:

You fail to realize that I refuted Sam's statement, in order for any multicellular organism to distribute nutrients, regardless how they intake it, it is imperative that they have a circulatory system. Without one, there is no way for nutrients to move and therefore resorts in a dysfunctional system.

So Pikmin must have a circulatory system, and as I've posted many times before, the clashing of plant and animal circulatory systems will kill the pikmin.
(I'll dig up a quote)
I read your quotes and you never showed any plant with a circulatory system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_physiology#Scope
Explain plz.

You could say this if you justified their anatomy first.
:011:
Read above.
:014:
Once more, read above.
:036::036::036:
You knew it was comin...

Oh bloody murder...
We've only had stuff that affects plant growth and reproduction. Seeing as how plants don't move, most have defensive attributes. I could understand stimulating the animal part of the pikmin, but seeing as how that's the lower part, that's only an increase in speed.
See above. They're plants. I don't see why this couldn't happen.

This would've been good, except you still failed to get around the anatomical wall of conflicting cell systems.
:ohwell:
:036: >>>:040:

Sieguest

Smash Master
What part don't you get? there wouldn't be plant and animal ccells present. All plant cells that have evolved. Pikmin are plants man...
You've contradicted yourself...
You said that the top half was plant and the bottom half was animal. Plant cells can't support an animal.

Photosynthesis provides energy. They use it to walk. Problem solved. :dizzy:
Unless you explain how there are no animal cells in the animal part of pikmin (which you didn't), I'm going to assume that animal cells comprise the animal part. Photosynthesis takes place in the plant cells, the nutrients are in the plant cells, and due to cell walls the nutrients can't diffuse out of the plant cell. So the animal half of pikmin is still screwed.

I read your quotes and you never showed any plant with a circulatory system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_physiology#Scope
Explain plz.
I'm sorry, but to show complete disregard to Xylem and Phloem shows a complete lack in basic botany and a complete lack of what the definition of a circulatory system is. I'll return with something.

http://science.jrank.org/pages/1497/Circulatory-System-Circulation-in-vascular-plants.html

^first paragraph of this.

Also scroll down to the additional topics and click the link concerning circulation in vascular plants.

http://www.uic.edu/classes/bios/bios100/labs/plantanatomy.htm

See above. They're plants. I don't see why this couldn't happen.
Again, you're contradicting yourself, you said they are half and half...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe not. But it's still two v. one, and one IC can give Diddy some trouble still. And yea he could use the broken pieces, but he has to contend with two people with hammers. If they didn't have the hammers, then I could see it in DIddy's favor but unless he has this:

Then I see him screwed trying to take on two eskimos.
Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxy-Dem7C1w

But yeah, that guitar is also awesome.

2 > 1 seems logical to me. But can the Ice Climbers use their hammers effectivly enough? They don't look very powerful.

[Had to go back to the Diddy v. Pika MU for this one, but this:
http://www.slate.com/id/2212232/
I could see this in Diddy's favor. Unless anyone objects, I could mark this for Diddy.
Whoa those statistics scare me. Wario is screwed lolz.

Check JOE! post. He gets it. All Pikmin die except whites and Oli doen't need the air so it's a stalemate.
Well, I guess we better let the Ivysaur fans debate this.

[[Maybe. I could see Diddy winning this, but I could also see Peach.
I think it's just stupid giving the match up to Peach just because of her bombs. Just like Ness and Lucas. I think Diddy should beat them to for the same reasons.

[[And take the oranges up with JOE!. IMO they're just made like that to go with the organic weapons, not really grenades. And how Peach's bombs are lethal i have no idea. But I'm biased lol.
Does Peach even have something to light the bombs with?

The Orange Grenades look like this:

As you can see, it has all features of a grenade. It's just shaped as a orange, making it an even better weapon. [/bias] :laugh:

Also, Rare created DK64. Which would say something as they also were able to change this:

Into this:

Also, in the beta version of DK64, the characters used real weapons instead of their fruit shooting ones. Pics here:

DK with a shot gun.

Diddy with double pistols.

I think the Orange Grenades should be allowed as real bombs.

[M2 beat him because Zard had no fire at the time. But with fire, M2 loses. I think DIddy could take Zard as well, but no one listens to me.
But does Charizard have fire breath, or not? If he doesn't, Diddy would beat him as well I think.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
You've contradicted yourself...
You said that the top half was plant and the bottom half was animal. Plant cells can't support an animal.
I thought I took that out...my bad...

Unless you explain how there are no animal cells in the animal part of pikmin (which you didn't), I'm going to assume that animal cells comprise the animal part. Photosynthesis takes place in the plant cells, the nutrients are in the plant cells, and due to cell walls the nutrients can't diffuse out of the plant cell. So the animal half of pikmin is still screwed.
What do I have to explain if they aren't animal in the first place? Why would I explain apples on a grapevine? They don't exist there so what do I have to explain? Pikmin=Plants.

I'm sorry, but to show complete disregard to Xylem and Phloem shows a complete lack in basic botany and a complete lack of what the definition of a circulatory system is. I'll return with something.

http://science.jrank.org/pages/1497/Circulatory-System-Circulation-in-vascular-plants.html

^first paragraph of this.

Also scroll down to the additional topics and click the link concerning circulation in vascular plants.

http://www.uic.edu/classes/bios/bios100/labs/plantanatomy.htm
You made it seem like the Pikmin had to have lungs or something. I may not have said xylem or phloem but thanks for clearing up what you meant. And again I say that if they're all plant, then how wouldn't this process occur?

Again, you're contradicting yourself, you said they are half and half...

:036:

Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxy-Dem7C1w

But yeah, that guitar is also awesome.

2 > 1 seems logical to me. But can the Ice Climbers use their hammers effectivly enough? They don't look very powerful.
They use them on a regular basis to kill seals. Don't see why they couldn't do the same to Diddy.

Whoa those statistics scare me. Wario is screwed lolz.
So unless someone differs, Diddy wins that MU.

Well, I guess we better let the Ivysaur fans debate this.
I think I'm the only one who like Ivy. But The whites and Oli survive Ivy's attack, and Oli cant kill Ivy with just whites, so it looks like a draw to me.
I think it's just stupid giving the match up to Peach just because of her bombs. Just like Ness and Lucas. I think Diddy should beat them to for the same reasons.
I said teh same when she fought ICs, but thts how it goes sometimes...

Does Peach even have something to light the bombs with?
Apparently she has nados, Something that Diddy doesn't have.

The Orange Grenades look like this:

As you can see, it has all features of a grenade. It's just shaped as a orange, making it an even better weapon. [/bias] :laugh:

Also, Rare created DK64. Which would say something as they also were able to change this:

Into this:

I played DK64 so I know what the oranges do. But also note that how does he carry them? ANd how would a chimp use a nade? And still that's not my call. JOE! decides on that. I mean, look at what we had to do to get him the guitar lol.

Also, in the beta version of DK64, the characters used real weapons instead of their fruit shooting ones. Pics here:

DK with a shot gun.

Diddy with double pistols.

I think the Orange Grenades should be allowed as real bombs.
Lol. I never saw that before. Is that Canon though?

But does Charizard have fire breath, or not? If he doesn't, Diddy would beat him as well I think.

Yes he has fire breath. So how would you figure Diddy beats the fail candle?

Sieguest

Smash Master
What do I have to explain if they aren't animal in the first place? Why would I explain apples on a grapevine? They don't exist there so what do I have to explain? Pikmin=Plants.
Taken out of context in regards to I made this still under the impression that Pikmin were half and half.

You made it seem like the Pikmin had to have lungs or something. I may not have said xylem or phloem but thanks for clearing up what you meant. And again I say that if they're all plant, then how wouldn't this process occur?
Lungs = Respiratory (inb4derp) x.x

Now for the culmination of your argument now-

If the Pikmin are all plants, then they shan't have animal characteristics. =/
Seems more like you've retrogressed the pikmin now.

=/ This is only the circulatory system right now, there's still all the other functions to explain too.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Taken out of context in regards to I made this still under the impression that Pikmin were half and half.

Lungs = Respiratory (inb4derp) x.x

Now for the culmination of your argument now-

If the Pikmin are all plants, then they shan't have animal characteristics. =/
Seems more like you've retrogressed the pikmin now.

=/ This is only the circulatory system right now, there's still all the other functions to explain too.
Your discussion with US made it seem like they had to have so many intricate things to live when in reality they only need what daffodils need.
And define animal characteristics. Because evolution is your answer if I think I get what you mean. And how is that a retrogression?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Your discussion with US made it seem like they had to have so many intricate things to live when in reality they only need what daffodils need.
And define animal characteristics. Because evolution is your answer if I think I get what you mean. And how is that a retrogression?
Because once again, before you said what you said a post ago, I've been under the impression (from what all other pro-pikmin people [aka everyone other than myself] have posted) that pikmin were a hybrid species. That would provide for a very intricate specimen.

Animal characteristics- Walking, headbutting, and other things a plant would not do.
Plant Cells can't support what animals do... it's all in cell structure.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Animal_Cell_vs_Plant_Cell

Look at what Plant Cells are providing for just in regular plants.

That needs energy, not including having to perform what amounts of energy would be used in the muscular and skeletal systems of pikmin (if in fact they would even have one, given the fact that you say that they're only plants, in that case, they can't move.)
And for only having one small flower, I don't see how the Pikmin would sustain energy to do anything physical.

How would the pikmin deal with the excess amounts of heat built up from physical activity?

By Retrogression I mean that by calling Pikmin strictly plants you inhibit them to only being plants...

Sieguest

Smash Master

UncleSam

Smash Master
If you read the post in context, I never said there had to be lungs >.>
you don't remember our convo at all do you?
pikmin only really need cells and a nervous system to function if they can use both forms of cellular respiration.

Sieguest

Smash Master
you don't remember our convo at all do you?
pikmin only really need cells and a nervous system to function if they can use both forms of cellular respiration.
Our convo was about the circulatory system, not the respiratory. And as even your post implies, they must have a circulatory system. It's the only way to have cells and the only way nutrients can be distributed.

Edit: Pikmin would also need a skeletal and muscular system in order to make movments (i.e. walking, running and headbutting).

Sieguest

Smash Master
you said they needed one.
they really don't.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9811148&postcount=16991

No where in that post do I say that they need lungs.

Taking into context the posts I made before the above were about the circulatory system, and then Nova makes a statement about lungs, I felt the need to correct him by saying that lungs are part of the respiratory not circulatory. In no way does that say they needed one. Read in context.

I never even mentioned the respiratory system in our convo a long time ago either.

Top Bottom