• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
*shrugs* I was taking Nova's simplification of Pikmin as purely having plant cells, and not a hybrid of Plant and Animal.

I've all ready described what ramifications occur with a hybrid mix.

And with just animal cells, you lose the ability of photosynthesis, main facet of fueling energy production in Pikmin.
Just to note, RL animal (s) can utilize photosynthesis

Actual article at the bottom of OP

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261438

@Xia

Onions are these aircraft-like pods that create Pikmin "seeds" and house Pikmin of their respective coloration.

Whether they're exclusively organic or not is questionable
I say this because there are other creatures present in the Pikmin world that have created symbiotic relationships with machines.
Take that as you will though

The biggest thing that makes me consider them as machine, in some sense of the word, is because they clank, clunk and release exhaust

The seed thing goes rather simple

The Onion expels a "seed" which digs into the ground
A stem sprouts
A leaf is present
Turns to a bud
Blooms into a flower

typical stages of a plant

The interesting thing is, they can be plucked almost immediately after being planted
But their performance runs in coorelation with their stems
As in, a leaf Pikmin is slow, weak and easily killed wherelse a flower Pikmin is faster, stronger and more durable

Asexual reproduction is kinda meh, since it only happens a fraction of the time
Not even present in Pikmin 2
But this could be passed off as game mechs

So kind of like the pores on our body? Take in moisture through the air to use and expel the excess gases and such that are with it? In the case of evolution I suppose that works.
I believe that solves the water problem, and in essence that part was the really the only obstacle left for Pikmin.

*gives a stamp*

(meheheheh of course, even with Pikmin plausible to exist now, I've seen ways to now beat them in battle x.x BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!)
As long as Pikmin work now
(hats off to Beren & Pals)

On a loosely related note, Pikmin can have more concentrated amounts/larger pores around the mouth area
They are shown to intake "nectar" via the mouth
Regardless, it's tge only thing they're shown to actually eat.

Anyways, about that electricity . . . .

Sieguest

Smash Master
Just to note, an RL animal can utilize photosynthesis

Actual article at the bottom of OP
Fixed, and
1. It's a sea creature that's eaten algae, gene snatcher
2. Pikmin come nowhere close to the conditon the sea slug does to obtain the trait.

REL38

Smash Lord
Fixed, and
1. It's a sea creature that's eaten algae, gene snatcher
2. Pikmin come nowhere close to the conditon the sea slug does to obtain the trait.
I only say "animal(s)" cuz there are still organisms that have yet to be discovered

A technicality, really

Also, fixed fail

"An RL animal" = a real life

"an" is only used before words begining with vowels. Exceptions do exist, however

~Grammar Nazi, desu

:p

Sieguest

Smash Master
I only say "animal(s)" cuz there are still organisms that have yet to be discovered

A technicality, really

Also, fixed fail

"An RL animal" = a real life

"an" is only used before words begining with vowels. Exceptions do exist, however

~Grammar Nazi, desu

:p
*looks at my avi*
x.x

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
*Takes a bow like Edgeworth.*

Naturally.

*Suddenly gets punched by Detective Gumshoe*

"You're NOT Mr.Edgeworth!"

SHADDAP!! *Takes a random cane out of nowhere then starts whacking Gumshoe with it!*

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Hmm..thought about something.
If they really release things through their pores, then the cutscene REL stated would actually be plausible. Since whites have toxins in their bodies, expeling them could work. as long as they are isolated from the other pikmin, the toxins would only effect the other fighter. Hmmm...

Oh, and can any1 help me with the Diddy stuff?
Like does he lose to:
:popo:
:peach:
:olimar:
:ness2:
:charizard:
:lucas:

The only one with input with this has been Diddy Kong (ironically), and I wanna wrap this up and start on Mario.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Hmm..thought about something.
If they really release things through their pores, then the cutscene REL stated would actually be plausible. Since whites have toxins in their bodies, expeling them could work. as long as they are isolated from the other pikmin, the toxins would only effect the other fighter. Hmmm...

Oh, and can any1 help me with the Diddy stuff?
Like does he lose to:
:popo:
:peach:
:olimar:
:ness2:
:charizard:
:lucas:

The only one with input with this has been Diddy Kong (ironically), and I wanna wrap this up and start on Mario.
Here is my guide for you.

KABONG! = Diddy Wins
OUCH! = Diddy Loses.

:popo: = OUCH!
:peach:=KABONG!
:olimar: = ???
:ness2: = Tie?
:charizard: = OUCH! (Roasted Monkey)
:lucas: = KABONG!

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Here is my guide for you.

KABONG! = Diddy Wins
OUCH! = Diddy Loses.

:popo: = OUCH!
:peach:=KABONG!
:olimar: = ???
:ness2: = Tie?
:charizard: = OUCH! (Roasted Monkey)
:lucas: = KABONG!
I agree with ICs. Peach and Lucas I wasn't sure of but that's fine. Ness IDK either, but Diddy is a lot stronger than Ness, so maybe he can take that MU as well.
And then you have Olimar, who I think could take Diddy personally. But that depends on how much we give them; strength, meta-cognition, ect.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucas, Ness and Peach only have bombs. They lack real strenght, skill or speed, especially Peach (though she might have some weapons the others don't). I'm saying Diddy should beat them, because bombs aren't real accurate, especially against Diddy with his aggressiveness.

Diddy should be able to beat Luigi to. IMO, also Mario but it seems Diddy can't get around hammer throwing so... Although I don't see why he can't throw them back at Mario, but whatever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucas, Ness and Peach only have bombs. They lack real strenght, skill or speed, especially Peach (though she might have some weapons the others don't). I'm saying Diddy should beat them, because bombs aren't real accurate, especially against Diddy with his aggressiveness.

Diddy should be able to beat Luigi to. IMO, also Mario but it seems Diddy can't get around hammer throwing so... Although I don't see why he can't throw them back at Mario, but whatever.

JOE!

Smash Hero
wait, why does only mario get access to the power-ups (hammahs) that ligi also had access to, as he was in the origin games?

Nova9000

Smash Lord

Diddy beat Luigi already; look at the chart and you'll see that.
And if you read my post, I said I could see Diddy beating all the bombers.
And how would Diddy stop hammers being thrown at him? The only way Diddy could throw them back is if Mario missed. And with a few hammers at his disposal, how plausible do you see that being?

wait, why does only mario get access to the power-ups (hammahs) that ligi also had access to, as he was in the origin games?
Thought Paya gave him hammers and I recall seeing Weegee with the hammer. But w/e; be seperated teh spacies so what should they have instead? Bombs?

Sieguest

Smash Master
*Takes a bow like Edgeworth.*

Naturally.

*Suddenly gets punched by Detective Gumshoe*

"You're NOT Mr.Edgeworth!"

SHADDAP!! *Takes a random cane out of nowhere then starts whacking Gumshoe with it!*
*pulls out a whip*
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
*pulls a Von Karma on you*
@______@
Violence...
is always the answer x.x

JOE!

Smash Hero
silly Marthage

Violence is never the answer, but it's allways the solution!

also:

-link too has bombs, but we never mentioned that
-dont see why weegee couldnt throw hammers/use polturgust (lol)
-Spacies can only use bombs if they do so wisley

Nova9000

Smash Lord
silly Marthage

Violence is never the answer, but it's allways the solution!

also:

-link too has bombs, but we never mentioned that
-dont see why weegee couldnt throw hammers/use polturgust (lol)
-Spacies can only use bombs if they do so wisley
Link has arrows. Arrows > -->-->-->Bombs.
C wut I did thar?
And we wanted to make them different. And the Polt is fail except against Olimar. So I thought the hammer he had would be good enough.

Guess(t)that isn't enough.
C wut I did thar?
And spacies with bombs? Lolwut? They only used them in arwings, unless it's another bomb other than the smart bombs. (which would be dumb bombs lol)
C wut I did thar?

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
1. First statement is a bad assumption, one should know that most bipedal animals have mouths or something related to it. <.<
How is it a bad assumption? I am fully aware of the fact that msot have Mouths. I simply asked if you thought that they all did? That's not an assumption, a statement or a thought, simply a question.

2.Pikmin don't even have those means either. Paralleling it to a jellyfish is a horrible parallel
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-jellyfish-eat-their-prey

The pikmin have NO means of injesting outside substances other than by maybe sucking it in, and even then, what opening they may have would be too small than to consume liquids or microorganisms, both of which will not suffice for a diet.
I never made any comparison between Pikmin or Jellyfish don't be stupid. I siad Jellyfish as an example of an Animal that doesn't have a mouth. Seeing as the post I was referring to implied that all Animals need mouths.

You honestly don't seem to have comprehended my point. The general train of thought was

"Pikmin could be animals"

"But then they can't exist without mouths"

"It's not implausible for an Animal to exist without a Mouth"

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Ok, so I updated the chart for all of Diddy's MU's...
Unless someone states otherwise, he's 18-21.
I gave him the wins over Peach, Ness, Lucas, Oli, and Luigi.
But he earned losses from Mario, Charizard, and ICs.
And from here I guess I can commence on to :mario:

IMO he loses to:
:bowser2:
:fox:
:snake:
:shiek:/:zelda:
:pit:
:falco:

People I have ??? on are:
:zerosuitsamus:
:wolf:
:toonlink:

And I guess until we decide what's plausible and what isnt, we can still work on Oli.

Sieguest

Smash Master
How is it a bad assumption? I am fully aware of the fact that msot have Mouths. I simply asked if you thought that they all did? That's not an assumption, a statement or a thought, simply a question.
Implied... >.> not that dense.

I never made any comparison between Pikmin or Jellyfish don't be stupid. I siad Jellyfish as an example of an Animal that doesn't have a mouth. Seeing as the post I was referring to implied that all Animals need mouths.

You honestly don't seem to have comprehended my point. The general train of thought was

"Pikmin could be animals"

"But then they can't exist without mouths"

"It's not implausible for an Animal to exist without a Mouth"
Simple implicative process, your refute to my saying that pikmin didn't have mouths was by saying that not all animals have mouths.

This implies the following
Pikmin= doesn't need a mouth.

You then proceed to use an example "off the top of your head" which usually implies with most relevance.
doesn't need a mouth = Jellyfish.

Transitively, one could say that you therfore said that Pikmin=Jellyfish, but to leave that transitive statement as it is is a logical fallacy. So instead, one makes a parallel to it.
Pikmin, could be in a sense, like Jellyfish.

^ The above being a parallel.

Now as you stoop to insult me, I'll tell you to get your mind out of the mental mud before you do so further. >.> Those who result to insults usually have no other purpose than to try and dissuade a refutation of their argument.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Now as you stoop to insult me, I'll tell you to get your mind out of the mental mud before you do so further. >.>
There was no insult "Don't be stupid" means just that. It is a request, if you do not appear to be an unintelligent person but you say something out of turn which seems trivial or silly I will tell you not to be Stupid.

If you took that as an insult, well then you ARE a Moron. And yes, that one...If it applies to you, was an insult. I feel fully justified in calling you stupid now if you took the harmless comment "Don't be Stupid" as anything more then what it is, grew defensive and felt the need to make such remarks over the last comment.

Those who result to insults usually have no other purpose than to try and dissuade a refutation of their argument.
What would one say about the participant whose refutation was met with dismissal upon fair and logical grounds, who upon this occasion chose not to further the debate with added insight but halt the process entirely? Who seeks to adopt a holier than thou attitude in attempt to escalate themselves to a false moral position from which they cannot be assailed. One who displays the utmost paradox in using the concept of their opponent clinging to baseless and unjustified insults as a venemous and sardonic weapon to plunge into their breast. Those showing themselves to be of the same nature of that they aim their scorn. Their means attempt to be more civil surely but such deeds and thoughts are both condoned and condemned on moral and social grounds is it not their intent and not the nature of their use that defines the extent of their worth? Do not seek to tell them that you are better, simply do it and ask for no recognition. Knowing itself is the prize, the man who seeks respect as a trophy and a cloak to be worn is not worth respecting at all.

In other words stop acting like a douche (Gosh yet more insults I stoop to I am so bad right????) and trying to tell me that I'm so bad and have no means to argue with you and your great MORAL FIBRE!!!11 and simply either discuss it with me or don't. I have no time for fanciful notions of self imposed chivalry from either of us. It's just the internet dude. I'm nobodys enemey, I'm a faceless young adult on the internet who speaks in a rather harsh and blunt fashion. It is not provocative, or slanderous, nor is it unjust.

Simple implicative process, your refute to my saying that pikmin didn't have mouths was by saying that not all animals have mouths.

This implies the following
Pikmin= doesn't need a mouth.

You then proceed to use an example "off the top of your head" which usually implies with most relevance.
doesn't need a mouth = Jellyfish.

Transitively, one could say that you therfore said that Pikmin=Jellyfish, but to leave that transitive statement as it is is a logical fallacy. So instead, one makes a parallel to it.
Pikmin, could be in a sense, like Jellyfish.

^ The above being a parallel.
I disagree most fully.

"Perhaps John neither likes nor dislikes Marmite."
"John cannot hold neutral feelings for Marmite. You either love it or you hate it."
"Bob is neutral on the subject of Marmite..."
This does not show any Parallel between John or Bob (other then a possible feeling of apathy towards Marmite, emphasis on the word possible as this is a Hypothesis within an already Hypothetical argument. Blue is not saying that John actually feels Neutral towards Marmite but just that if Bob can be then it can't be impossible) It is not intended to.
John and Bob could be entirely different.
Bob might like Star Wars and Olives and Chess
While John likes Dragon Ball Z and Soccer and Dogging.
John could be Ginger, while Bob has 6 Toes.
There is no Parallel to be made.
Bob is simply mentioned as the existence of somebody who is neutral towards Marmite.
With Bobs existence proven Johns existence is no longer allowed to be called impossible on the grounds that everything in the universe must either Love or Hate Marmite.
I state again there needs be no parallel John and Bob could feel neutral on Marmite in entirely different ways for entirely different reasons.
One of them might like the taste but feel it too filling or simply think there are better things to go on his Toast.
While the other finds it too strong for him and he only likes very small amounts from time to time.

To clarify one thing "Off the top of my head" did not mean with most relevance. But simply "I do not wish to waste my time to research more animals without mouths and find one more similar to a system that could be used by the Pikmin myself when all I am saying is not how an Animal can exist without mouths but THAT Animals can exist without mouths."

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@ Xia

Ouch...way to humble Guest...

@ JOE!:
Do you really have a dancing Manchu as your sig?

Too good...

Sieguest

Smash Master

There was no insult "Don't be stupid" means just that. It is a request, if you do not appear to be an unintelligent person but you say something out of turn which seems trivial or silly I will tell you not to be Stupid.

If you took that as an insult, well then you ARE a Moron. And yes, that one...If it applies to you, was an insult. I feel fully justified in calling you stupid now if you took the harmless comment "Don't be Stupid" as anything more then what it is, grew defensive and felt the need to make such remarks over the last comment.

That is a complete lie,
how is saying "Don't be stupid" not an insult? It directly implies the person labeled as stupid in order for the "request" to achieve the purpose for the person to stop the current action of being stupid. In itself, that is an insult, and for you to say otherwise in a complete and utter falsity in all regards.

Then to try and justify yourself further with these idiosyncrasies is further strengthening the point...
What? If I call you out on saying something like moron, would you then turn around and say "that's not an insult!" even though clearly it was, just like the last one...

If you cannot comprehend that, then please chance your name to
Xiahou Dunce.

What would one say about the participant whose refutation was met with dismissal upon fair and logical grounds, who upon this occasion chose not to further the debate with added insight but halt the process entirely? Who seeks to adopt a holier than thou attitude in attempt to escalate themselves to a false moral position from which they cannot be assailed. One who displays the utmost paradox in using the concept of their opponent clinging to baseless and unjustified insults as a venemous and sardonic weapon to plunge into their breast. Those showing themselves to be of the same nature of that they aim their scorn. Their means attempt to be more civil surely but such deeds and thoughts are both condoned and condemned on moral and social grounds is it not their intent and not the nature of their use that defines the extent of their worth? Do not seek to tell them that you are better, simply do it and ask for no recognition. Knowing itself is the prize, the man who seeks respect as a trophy and a cloak to be worn is not worth respecting at all.

Oh and what about the participant who now is confronted by the other with base attacks on superimposed morality as well as trying to cover to a lie with redundant anecdotes of that value that is completely variable upon a person to person basis because they were called out on stating an obvious attack on intelligence. Truly justified are we?

In other words stop acting like a douche (Gosh yet more insults I stoop to I am so bad right????) and trying to tell me that I'm so bad and have no means to argue with you and your great MORAL FIBRE!!!11 and simply either discuss it with me or don't. I have no time for fanciful notions of self imposed chivalry from either of us. It's just the internet dude. I'm nobodys enemey, I'm a faceless young adult on the internet who speaks in a rather harsh and blunt fashion. It is not provocative, or slanderous, nor is it unjust.
And the relevance of you trying to superimpose your morals on me is?

I disagree most fully.

"Perhaps John neither likes nor dislikes Marmite."
"John cannot hold neutral feelings for Marmite. You either love it or you hate it."
"Bob is neutral on the subject of Marmite..."
This does not show any Parallel between John or Bob (other then a possible feeling of apathy towards Marmite, emphasis on the word possible as this is a Hypothesis within an already Hypothetical argument. Blue is not saying that John actually feels Neutral towards Marmite but just that if Bob can be then it can't be impossible) It is not intended to.
John and Bob could be entirely different.
Bob might like Star Wars and Olives and Chess
While John likes Dragon Ball Z and Soccer and Dogging.
John could be Ginger, while Bob has 6 Toes.
There is no Parallel to be made.
Bob is simply mentioned as the existence of somebody who is neutral towards Marmite.
With Bobs existence proven Johns existence is no longer allowed to be called impossible on the grounds that everything in the universe must either Love or Hate Marmite.
I state again there needs be no parallel John and Bob could feel neutral on Marmite in entirely different ways for entirely different reasons.
One of them might like the taste but feel it too filling or simply think there are better things to go on his Toast.
While the other finds it too strong for him and he only likes very small amounts from time to time.

To clarify one thing "Off the top of my head" did not mean with most relevance. But simply "I do not wish to waste my time to research more animals without mouths and find one more similar to a system that could be used by the Pikmin myself when all I am saying is not how an Animal can exist without mouths but THAT Animals can exist without mouths."
I can see your logic and this, and I agree with it.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
how is saying "Don't be stupid" not an insult? It directly implies the person labeled as stupid in order for the "request" to achieve the purpose for the person to stop the current action of being stupid. In itself, that is an insult, and for you to say otherwise in a complete and utter falsity in all regards.
"Don't eat yellow snow" does not say you have eaten yellow snow or that you are more likely to eat yellow snow then others. It just means "Don't eat yellow snow".

If you cannot comprehend that, then please chance your name to
Xiahou Dunce.
2/10

And the relevance of you trying to superimpose your morals on me is?
Given that what I said was words to the effect of "Don't bring Morals into this". I find it strange that you can possibly interpret it as me superimposing my morals on you. I did not even mention anything to do with my morals. Just that I don't care for nor have time for a "you're a worser person then me because..." argument.

I can see your logic and this, and I agree with it.[/QUOTE]

*High five*

Sieguest

Smash Master
"Don't eat yellow snow" does not say you have eaten yellow snow or that you are more likely to eat yellow snow then others. It just means "Don't eat yellow snow".
But what would cause someone to make a statement of that kind? Causal implications.

Given that what I said was words to the effect of "Don't bring Morals into this". I find it strange that you can possibly interpret it as me superimposing my morals on you. I did not even mention anything to do with my morals. Just that I don't care for nor have time for a "you're a worser person then me because..." argument.
That doesn't really seem like what your post said at all. I've even read it again and it seems more like you're holding a moral standard that I've seemed to have broken over and trying to superimpose such standard upon me.

*High five*
*keeps hand down*

REL38

Smash Lord
And would all 3 beat this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_xTKzJfULw

The way I see it, Mario's arm would have more range. But then again, IDK; maybe I'm exaggerating the hammers.

That would depend on skill level
Sounds easy in concept, but aim would probably be the wildcard in regards to said skill

I forget the range of the electrolaser
Wolf's laser outranges a hammer throw, for sure
Arrows depend on Linky's strength and bow

@ Guest and Xia:
You two aren't even talking about Oli anymore...don't get us off topic...
Go all in, Xia
You got this

Nova9000

Smash Lord
That would depend on skill level
Sounds easy in concept, but aim would probably be the wildcard in regards to said skill

I forget the range of the electrolaser
Wolf's laser outranges a hammer throw, for sure
Arrows depend on Linky's strength and bow

I neva knew the range of the electrolaser. I went off of ZSS's speed.
Wolf wins then.
Tink ain't Link (lol), so that one could be a toss up.

Go all in, Xia
You got this
Surely you aren't condoning this are you?
*awaits Ray Kalm to lurk and report this*

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
But what would cause someone to make a statement of that kind? Causal implications.
Common sense.

That doesn't really seem like what your post said at all. I've even read it again and it seems more like you're holding a moral standard that I've seemed to have broken over and trying to superimpose such standard upon me.
"Don't be so stupid"

Now you have no idea where I'm coming from eh?

*keeps hand down*
Aww now why you gotta be like that?

Yeah this isn't Oli NOW although it was last post I made. General flow of it was

Me:Stuff
Him:That's not true
Me: Yes it is Don't be stupid
Him: ROARRGGHGHG DONT SAY STUPID
Me: Can if I want Also re-explaining the earlier stuff
Him: Still arguing on the me saying don't be stupid but now understanding and agreeing with the stuff

See? Simple.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Common sense.
>.>

"Don't be so stupid"

Now you have no idea where I'm coming from eh?
Yes I do. :D
ROARRGGHGHG DONT SAY STUPID
*wins poker hand*
Hand over the chips...

Aww now why you gotta be like that?
cuz...

Yeah this isn't Oli NOW although it was last post I made. General flow of it was

Me:Stuff
Him:That's not true
Me: Yes it is Don't be stupid
Him: rant
Me: rant + Also re-explaining the earlier stuff
Him: rant + now understanding and agreeing with the stuff

See? INEXTRICABLY COMPLEX.
Multiple fixes.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
And I'm finding it hilarious at how insipid you are.

Stop insulting people just because they find humor in the fact you are blowing it up into something more than it needs to be,

It is true that he said "Don't be Stupid!", but what you just said to REL just now (though I really think he doesn't care to much about it...I think) is by your very own logic no better than what Xiahou said to you. Care to try to justify that comment, or do you see what I am saying?

What REL said -in all practicality- was harmless, and he was merely poking fun at a pratfall upon your part. Such a use of satiristic mockery is hardly worth the response you gave. You crusade against what you perceive to be rudeness, yet stoop to using rudeness at even satire aimed at your person, taking it as an insult instead of what it is: a jest.

Your response, Mr.Wright?

JOE!

Smash Hero
If I werent so ****ed busy with training for my Fatal rematch, and Heart Gold...i'd say something about this....

**** kids and their arguments...

Top Bottom