• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Are we to consider the impact of clothing in these discussions when considering Human fighters?

Obviously things like Samus' Power Suit is to be considered when talking about Samus and there is no real impact of Zero Suit Samus' clothing but with someone like Zelda are we to take her as she appears in game or could she just be wearing some other clothes or something? Because it would be like major tough to fight in that big swishy dress, even if you do have all of the prowess and ability she posesses as Sheik she probably wouldn't be nearly as good.

Disclaimer- Anyone and everyone making any form of comparison or relation between Sheik and Ninjas will be punched in the gut.

In the gut...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Nope. Shelda was condensed because Zelda was the one who learned how to become a Sheikah.

But ZSS and Samus were excluded from this.

Take it up with JOE!; he was going to have Zelda and Sheik fight each other at one point...

LoZ stays getting nerfed, regardless of what occurs lol...

Now for the real reason, pay attention:
(JOE! x spam)! ((((-(BS x passing it off as logic) + fanboys(x)/whining) x (flamewar + spam)) x avogadro's number)^2)i - (user credibility^(# of Wall of Texts)/follower credibility) = The Deadliest Brawler

- X = the number of fanboys present
- whining is on a scale between 0.00-1.00 (if the answer becomes undefined it is expressed as infinity) = amount of whining ^ / scale v
- avogadro's number = 6.0221415 × 10^23
- user credibility amounts to who each side has and their street cred on the TDB.
- follower credibility is similar to user cred except that when sides become biased they'd only listen to the credible users on their side.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Too Long. JOE! hasn't been here and I never updated the chart until we figured out Lucario v. Luigi. But now he fails as bad as ICs and Oli so I honestly don't have him beating anyone above Sonic....I STILL think him v. Yoshi is a draw or in Yoshi's favor, but maybe I'm being biased. But now Falco discussion starts against Shelda and ZSS.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Falco vs. Shiek/Zelda- Lasers vs. Needles....
Falco vs. ZSS- Lasers vs. Electrolaser.

I really think that's what it comes down to, I highly doubt someone can ninja past a laser...
And when it comes down to a gun fight with two people who know how to use a gun, the faster one wins.... >.>

Vague yes, can't be bothered to go into detail, too much other business in my life.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Stop saying that.

Falco would just shoot them right?
Falco vs. Shiek/Zelda- Lasers vs. Needles....
Falco vs. ZSS- Lasers vs. Electrolaser.

I really think that's what it comes down to, I highly doubt someone can ninja past a laser...
And when it comes down to a gun fight with two people who know how to use a gun, the faster one wins.... >.>

Vague yes, can't be bothered to go into detail, too much other business in my life.
Arrows sawn...
And ShZelda can aim from long distances just like Falco.
ZSS is fast but can she narrow in for a kill on Falco?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Arrows sawn...
I'm talking about the speed of the projectile.... >.>

Concentrated Lasers>Arrows
Electrolasers>Concentrated Lasers

Zelda would take way longer to prepare a shot than Falco.

Zelda has to put bow to string, draw back, aim and fire.

Falco just aims and pulls the trigger.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Arrows sawn...
from my experiences playing pokemon;
electricity > flying.
this also applys to RL, well electricity > alot of stuff.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So...Falco > Zelda
Falco < ZSS
Is that fine with everyone?

And Luigi only beats:

Olimar
Sonic
DDD
Squirt
Pichu
MK
Kirby
Jiggs

and is ???
Yoshi
M2

Me thinks Luigi loses to both of them somehow, but :ohwell:...

And if its ok, we can move on to Marth v. Pit and Roy.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Even if they could, it'd be a minor annoyance, Olimar the size of a quarter, and his pikmin are smaller than that.

@MU

Pit can fly and shoot arrows.

Roy and Marth is a tough one...but Doesn't Roy still have a fiery enchanted sword?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I thought Yellow Pikmin has Electricity?

So they can shock people for massive damage
I wouldn't say massive, but a shock could work. And given the abilities of the other Pikmin, I could Oli taking this.....except for the polt....which could swallow the Pikmin and make the MU Solimar v. Weegee....which would probably be a draw for the same reasons as Yoshi v. Sonic...:psycho:
That's my opinion.

lol at the planking....and you say you don't cheat....

Even if they could, it'd be a minor annoyance, Olimar the size of a quarter, and his pikmin are smaller than that.

@MU

Pit can fly and shoot arrows.

Roy and Marth is a tough one...but Doesn't Roy still have a fiery enchanted sword?
They recieved a buff for the RL fights; Oli is 4ft and the Pikmin are 1 ft.

Pit cannot fly. His wings are no where near the size needed to support his entire body for flight.

No ph1r3 allowed; just swords in reality.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Ahh, my apolgies. In that case, Marth has superior armour to Pit and I'd say...equal speed.

As for Roy vs. Marth...I have no idea whose armour, blade, or skills are superior.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Pit cannot fly. His wings are no where near the size needed to support his entire body for flight.
I'd agree that Pit can't fly, but it's definately not an issue of wing size. He'd probably be able to fly like a Chicken though. Just off the ground for 5-10 seconds maximum and an ability to fall from high places and flap enough to break their fall not properly but in a way that avoids injury when they land. Which could be useful in a sword fight. With a bow, he can be up in the air about 3 feet higher then their heads long enough to loose a shaft or two. It would look ******** but it would work.

And anyway if it was a case of wingspan if you can doctor the size of Olimar from a quarter to 4ft the least you could do is say Pits wings WERE big and strong enough to let him fly(Charizards too). I mean come on, that's ridiculous favouritism otherwise.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I'd agree that Pit can't fly, but it's definately not an issue of wing size. He'd probably be able to fly like a Chicken though. Just off the ground for 5-10 seconds maximum and an ability to fall from high places and flap enough to break their fall not properly but in a way that avoids injury when they land. Which could be useful in a sword fight. With a bow, he can be up in the air about 3 feet higher then their heads long enough to loose a shaft or two. It would look ******** but it would work.

And anyway if it was a case of wingspan if you can doctor the size of Olimar from a quarter to 4ft the least you could do is say Pits wings WERE big and strong enough to let him fly(Charizards too). I mean come on, that's ridiculous favouritism otherwise.
As if I had something to do with Olis buff...

Fox actually has the best laser out of the spacies in RL due to the rapid fire

His reflector is the same as Falco's and Wolf's (also seen here)

Pit's arrows are normal arrows, but fly very fast let's say.

His shield can reflect lasers

He can jump high and glide, but not fly
Taken from Pit v. Fox, the 1 time we nipped this flight thing in the bud.
And I think you may have forgotten the quiver, which would hinder wing movement.
Any other issues you have can be taken up with JOE!.

@ ELPanadora:
I'm not sure myself. Thanks to the Roy v. DK MU, Roy is so skilled with a sword and Marth has sloppy swordsmanship.
(go back to Roy v. Pit, ppl were saying other stuff then...)
Pit has arrows, but besides that he sucks.
That's my consensus.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Xia

Olimar's buff was merely size increase, but keeping his dimensions intact

What you're implying is expanding his wingspan
Not keeping those dimensions intact with the rest of his body

@JOE

~♪You ain't nuthin' but a hound dog~♪

@Nova

How does Marth do worse than Marth?

Training via nobility > via schoolastics

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Olimar's buff was merely size increase, but keeping his dimensions intact

What you're implying is expanding his wingspan
Not keeping those dimensions intact with the rest of his body
OH YOU WANNA PLAY IT LIKE THAT??

If Olimar is to be increased with the exact same dimensions from the size of a quarter to 4 feet tall then I propose Pit is big enough to knock down the Eiffel Tower with a big swing of his massive dong and therefore beats both Marth and Roy despite the dimensions meaning his wings aren't big enough to support his body still. Marth and Roy do not apply for an increase in size because I say so.

I was only responding to the sillyness of increasing Olimars size by that much, surely increasing the size of one part of somebodys anatomy by a relatively small but disproportioned amount to the rest of them is far far less effectual then making somebody about a bajillion (Actually this number. Do the math...) times bigger but keeping them to the same scale.

JOE!

Smash Hero
*******, Olimar was buffed to 4feet due to it being the ONLY reason he wouldnt be able to compete, what is this with Marth and it getting buffs too?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I just want to check here, since I never post in this thread...why are we "getting rid of and adding weapons" to people to make them different? I mean, shouldn't they just be fighting with EVERYTHING THEY HAVE? It's a fight to the death, and I don't think the characters in reality would toss away half of their arsenal just to be different.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

REL38

Smash Lord

If Olimar is to be increased with the exact same dimensions from the size of a quarter to 4 feet tall then I propose Pit is big enough to knock down the Eiffel Tower with a big swing of his massive dong and therefore beats both Marth and Roy despite the dimensions meaning his wings aren't big enough to support his body still. Marth and Roy do not apply for an increase in size because I say so.

I was only responding to the sillyness of increasing Olimars size by that much, surely increasing the size of one part of somebodys anatomy by a relatively small but disproportioned amount to the rest of them is far far less effectual then making somebody about a bajillion (Actually this number. Do the math...) times bigger but keeping them to the same scale.

Olimar, Kirby and Metaknight were given a size buff to their Brawl sizes

It's really just to make them able to actually do something

Cuz two 8 inch puffballs and 1 inch spaceman would be auto-screwed by their size alone
The buff is to make them able to compete

I just want to check here, since I never post in this thread...why are we "getting rid of and adding weapons" to people to make them different? I mean, shouldn't they just be fighting with EVERYTHING THEY HAVE? It's a fight to the death, and I don't think the characters in reality would toss away half of their arsenal just to be different.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
I completely agree, but other's here don't like the idea of having near identical fighters even though that doesn't make any sense in the battlefield

:/

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Doo-Blah!

bleh, sorry ive been gone so long...finals and crap

that and I fell in love :3
But...what about Melee...she will always love you...lol...

yes, I've been here waiting to change up the OP. Weegee loses to everyone now since he was stripped of his hammer and no one really attempted to give him another realistic weapon besides the Polt. I'll have to redo the chart for every Luigi MU now...
Falco loses to ZSS and beats Zelda/Sheik. And now we're on Marth v. Pit and Roy.

I was using "You" in a completely non-specific way to just refer to "This thread".
Understood. You quoted me so I wanted to be clear that you were using it in that sense.

@JOE

~♪You ain't nuthin' but a hound dog~♪

Could be worse JOE!....:laugh:
jkjk

@Nova

How does Marth do worse than Marth?

Training via nobility > via schoolastics
Hold on...let me do some research...
When Marth v. Charizard, I made the claim Marth wins because he's a graceful swordsman.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8640645&postcount=11443
Then Paya corrected me.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8640848&postcount=11445
Now go to the Roy v. DK MU, where Adum stated how well Roy is with the sword.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9154165&postcount=15799

So both are trained rather well, but Roy seemed to be better trained. I don't know too much about FE, so I left that decision up to you all.

REL just about answered this for you, but no need to exaggerate proportions. We're trying to determine if Pit beats Marth, not how big his wings should be. If you want me to go in detail with it, I'll explain why. But the gliding aspect of Pit would do little for the MU.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Because this is how it's been run for the last few MUs. I get what you're saying, and REL and I have had this discussion before, but when these characters fight each other, we try to make it so they combat with different items. I don't see Luigi as a failure, but with the hammer he was granted back when we decided how to make them different, the mallet was too big for anyone to wield effectively. So I guess I'll see what Luigi is capable of using in RL besides the hammer and throwing hammers.

- bombs (everyone has bombs)
- Kuribo shoes (lol)
- Koopa shell

That's all I have as of right now, but I'll see what I can do.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Marth v. Pit and Marth v. Roy.

I like Jazz among other genres of music. I prefer Hip hop and R & B though.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Well I guess unless Marth's armor is better, Roy beats him out. Pit has range and more less similar speed (unless he loses some speed with those stubby legs) plus Marth has to hold up his own armor and weapon, making him more likely to be slower.

So Marth vs. Pit= Loss
Marth vs. Roy= Loss

Nova9000

Smash Lord
*Groan*

We disregard all that nonsense about the Fire Emblem guys kiling Dragons or some such right? Right? Please tell me I'm correct...
Lol. Considering I write music for those two genres, it's only natural. But I can appreciate some smooth jazz...actually tht sounds good right about now...;)
And yes, all tht FE can kill dragons and slay armies stuff is disregarded. That's why if Marth beat Ike in the squad battle I'd disagree with tht outcome. But, Paya made sure he won.

Well I guess unless Marth's armor is better, Roy beats him out. Pit has range and more less similar speed (unless he loses some speed with those stubby legs) plus Marth has to hold up his own armor and weapon, making him more likely to be slower.

So Marth vs. Pit= Loss
Marth vs. Roy= Loss
Thts cool with me. Pit's arrows are all he really has, but without a supply of them he has to aim well. And with the weak bow he has (which is focused on speed and quality rather than accuracy and power link the LoZ characters), Marth could make it work. But, if Falcon couldn't dodge an arrow, I doubt Marth can. I could see Pit winning that.

As far as Roy, Our Boi has a fanbase so if Marth lost I wouldn't be surprised. But I didn't kno which was better; experience or training. I would say training, but I dont kno too much about the FE characters.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
As far as Roy, Our Boi has a fanbase so if Marth lost I wouldn't be surprised. But I didn't kno which was better; experience or training. I would say training, but I dont kno too much about the FE characters.
You can't even really judge the outcome decisively when two REAL swordsman are involved and you have seen tons of duels between them and other fighters to compare them. Unless of course one is simply massively far and away better better then the other to ridiculous extents.

If it is agreed that Marth and Roy have nothing to use on one another but their bodies and their swords and agreed that they are both at least posessing of a fair amount of skill without one completely outclassing the other to weak useless child vs strong adult extents the match is simply a draw...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I don't see a problem with that. But I don't posess much knowledge about FE characters. Normally Paya or Adum lurk and give insight, but w/e.

Top Bottom