• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

JOE!

Smash Hero
what i mean by that is that it may not directly hit his spine like with a our turtles

how would ganon even his his spine again?

UncleSam

Smash Master
what i mean by that is that it may not directly hit his spine like with a our turtles

how would ganon even his his spine again?
3 things:
1. I don't want to sound like a *** but sooooooooo many grammar errors that I can't even understand the question.
2. It's season 2 you guys.
3. I don't think you understand that platemail won't slow a person down. The reason troops today are weighted and slow is because they wear full bulletproof armor that weighs like over 30 lbs. Platemail weighs like half. Plus troops today have to carry ammo, supplies, guns, all that stuff. A knight would just need something to carry his massive balls... and his sword.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well....I went back and saw Marth Trinity's post. He said pretty much what I was going to say.

But I'll bring a nifty little point that ensures that Sephiroth loses for good. First things first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchigatana

Keeping it brief:

The tachi the closest thing we get in real life to Sephy's hilariously long sword that still could be used for combat.

It was a relatively long sword that was used by horse riders to cut down infantry and also had the nifty little advantage of still being usable while on foot. But even then, use on foot was incredibly awkward thanks to the heaviness of the sword and it's uneven weight distribution.

Because of this, it was necessary to create a much smaller and lighter weapon that could deliver lightning fast strikes and was easier to use on foot. This sword was the Uchigatana. This deadly combination of long and short sword became a staple of sword combat until the mongols invaded.

Now, read the weaknesses the tachi has and let it sink into your head. That must have been a ridiculously big sword for it to have been that difficult to use, right?

No. 78cm.

http://www.antiqueswordsguide.com/tachi-swords

Just a little more than two 30 cm rulers glued together. Andf yet it was difficult enough to use that a new weapon was crafted to compensate for it's blind sides.

Now make that even longer than the scrawny guy who is wielding it and you'll get what I am getting at:

And another little tidbit of information: the Katana, roughly the same weapon Gray Fox uses, it's the japanese's response to the Tachi's weaknesses. Basically, it is an upgrade to the tachi, mixing long range and lethal blows with surprise attacks.

All of this which is increased a tenfold by Gray Fox's body, which is a Power Suit in itself, and I already went out of my way to explain just how ridiculously tough power suits are in real life before. And let's not mention that this sword is also part taser, capable of delivering powerful electric shocks with each swipe.

Hell, if I remember correctly, Gray Fox can also deliver electric shocks with a simple touch and electrify his whole body.

If I had to say it my own way, I would say that Sephy is ****ed.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
So let's review:

Sephiroth has a sword that's too long to use, and no armor except on his shoulders

Gray Fox has full body armor, a useable sword, stealth camo if we allow it, may have an arm cannon, and may have heightened reflexes and movement speed if we allow it. Also many more years of fighting experience.

This has gotta be one of the most unfair MUs yet.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
To further add to the insult...near the end of MGS, Gray Fox is shown to be strong enough (with his suit) to keep Metal Gear Rex from crushing himself and Snake...he also breaks some solider's arm with one hand. Not only that, but if it's at all realistically possible, he does in fact have an arm canon capable of firing energy blasts. That and in the cutscene right before his boss fight, he's shown to have reflexes capable of cutting bullets out of the air.

He's also been shown to be exceptional at CQC (not quite as good at it as Snake apparently but he's certainly up there).

payasofobia

Smash Champion
You would be surprised Marth. Power suits are, as the guy running a video I posted here about power suits said, powerful enough to lift missiles with one hand and dexterous enough to play football. And that was a huuuge and outdated power suit.

As for energy blasts, they would be weakened, but it would still be realistic for him to have that.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
The tachi the closest thing we get in real life to Sephy's hilariously long sword that still could be used for combat.
Like I said, Sephy's sword is a masamune in name only. Real life masamune looks more like this:

Than the chunk of iron Sephy is carrying around.

Hence why I said that the closest thing we got in real life that resembles his sword is the tachi, and even then it is a far cry from an actual tachi. Point is: noone in their right senses would think about making a sword like that IRL because of how unreliable it is.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Sooooo, first I was rooting for Sephiroth in my post but after seeing the facts........he is clearly screwed in a real life battle against Gray Fox I believe haha. They bth are great military soldiers trained hard but yeah Gray Fox just has much, much more things going for him

EDIT: I like that shiny masamune ^_^

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So.....
Gray Fox > Seph
Sounds about right....

And we should probably move the Bowser/Ganon stuff in the back room so that it wont interfere with season 2.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Correction. Sephiroth uses a masamune.

that is all
Masamune's a brand name dude. He didn't make swords any differently to anyone else. He was regarded as the best of the bunch when it came to swordsmiths of his day but Masamune would still make Katana's Tachi's etc just like everyone else.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
So....new MU? Because I sure hope there is a new MU featuring the Black Knight from PoR.

Also, how do I accept invitation to the backroom? Got the message, but got no accept button as far as I can see.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I see, I'll handle that Paya, haven't checked the pending requests in a while I thought I got everyone.
EDIT: go to the social you should be able to enter it?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Dingodile wins this one IMO. He's got a flamethrower with a good deal of fuel readily available for him whereas Rool...well, Rool has a weapon of questionable usefulness. While he could probably kill or do a great deal of damage to Dingodile if he connects with it, he does have to reload if he misses...as

Granted if Rool even so much as barely hits Dingodile, 'Dile is likely to explode considering he's more or less got a bomb strapped to his back. That being said though...from what I've researched, it seems as though modern day flamethrowers can have a range of up to 270 feet. That would easily be enough to fry Rool before he could get in range methinks...

REL38

Smash Lord
Dingodile wins this one IMO. He's got a flamethrower with a good deal of fuel readily available for him whereas Rool...well, Rool has a weapon of questionable usefulness. While he could probably kill or do a great deal of damage to Dingodile if he connects with it, he does have to reload if he misses...as

Granted if Rool even so much as barely hits Dingodile, 'Dile is likely to explode considering he's more or less got a bomb strapped to his back. That being said though...from what I've researched, it seems as though modern day flamethrowers can have a range of up to 270 feet. That would easily be enough to fry Rool before he could get in range methinks...
Seeing as how Blunderbusts have trouble piercing suits of armor, I question it causing the Australian thing's tank to explode

Kinda wish K.Rool had this

@JOE

What do you mean by "cannon"?
As in, literal pirate ship cannon?

*my yellow name burns my eyes!*

Nova9000

Smash Lord

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Just watched all the battles for each of the guys, and from what I see, K.Rool's got this. Why?

Watch the DKC2 K.Rool Battle. Not only does he ALSO have a flamethrower(not as powerful as dingodiles, mind you), but that big-*** blunderbuss can also suck in things. And if it has the ability to suck in big cannonballs and spit out ghost-like things, I'm pretty sure it could absorb the flame. Just an estimate.

Plus, The Blunderbuss's cannonballs(oddly enough) are rather large. I doubt the flamethrower could stop them at all. Slow them, maybe. Stop them, I'm not sure.

My summary of the battle:

K.Rool jsut sits and sucks in the flames that dingodile's flamethrower emits. Eventually, Dingodile will run out of fuel, leaving him to go hand to hand. However, as noted in the DKC2 boss battle, K.Rool has a small jet/flamethrower inside of his blunderbuss, which he can use to kind of skim around on the ground. This gives him some much improved mobility.

Plus, as noted in the DKC1 Boss battle, He can jump rather high, and he's a big guy, he can tackle, and hell, he can throw his crown!(Not very effective, mind you).

So I'm giving it to K.Rool. Dingodile's got the flamethrower, but once you get past that, he doesn't have much going for him.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Well, given that he has a jet of flame spewing out of it when he uses it like a jet, it's pretty much a given that he has a method of protecting it from flames. If it can expel flames, it's used to the heat, and while he probably can't absorb much, he could absorb it while walking out of Dingodile's range. If the heat becomes too much for him, he could jump or run away.

Although, now that I think about it, he has to have a fuel source in there, and the absorption of flame probably would wind up igniting it. I didn't think about that...

Where would their battle be fought?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Somewhere neutral. And since the blunderbuss can shoot cannonballs at a good enough rate I don't see how K. Rool can't win this. But, Dingodile's flamethrower is no slouch either. Me thinks....

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah, battles are fought in as neutral a setting as possible to eliminate "enviroment" advantages or disadvantages, as each side would have a place where theyd be good/bad

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
In all the times I've seen dingodile, he's been real content to stay in one place and shoot. Meanwhile, K.Rool has mobility. Even though he's a big guy, he can jump pretty freakin high, and he can run decently fast. I don't think he'd have too much trouble dodging the flamethrower. If it hit him, it'd hurt, but that would be kind of hard.

Cannonballs > Flame at this point, methinks.

Sieguest

Smash Master
In all the times I've seen dingodile, he's been real content to stay in one place and shoot. Meanwhile, K.Rool has mobility. Even though he's a big guy, he can jump pretty freakin high, and he can run decently fast. I don't think he'd have too much trouble dodging the flamethrower. If it hit him, it'd hurt, but that would be kind of hard.

Cannonballs > Flame at this point, methinks.
The part in red is a game mechanic.

It wouldn't be much for Dingodile to move and adjust as K.Rool moves.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Rel...when the hell did the mario guys use cannons to actually attack?

if you say bullet bill......:mad:

Sieguest

Smash Master
Rel...when the hell did the mario guys use cannons to actually attack?

if you say bullet bill......:mad:
Needs more JOE! playing the airship levels of the Super Mario World games.

Bowza got cannons yo. (those that aren't bullet bills. >.>)

UncleSam

Smash Master
no, they had chainmail under that plater dude. The pellets went right through
there was a weapon they mis-tested tho.
EDIT: the flintlock pistol was mis-tested (no chainmail, clothes, ect.). but it still didn't matter lol
actually JOE I JUST watched it, when the blunderbuss was tested there was no chainmail, clothes, ect. under it. stop lying.

Top Bottom