• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I would say Zelda because she has the magic, I think she had a sword in Twilight Princess, and she has the enough power to even fight against the King of all Evil (Ganon)

Peach?. . . she has sports equipment, turnips, toads, (lazers! lol jk), and she fights against a giant spiky turtle (bowser)

lol Zelda's sword vs Peach's Parasol : )

Zelda wins in my book

justaway12

Smash Master
I meant "how the explosion occurs", I checked around a bit and there don't seem to be animations or anything around, you know where I could find them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B91stAP_CYU 2:31

It's not about difference between the two. I need her height to figure out how large her bat would be.

Sorry, the only thing I found was in urban doctionary which said she was 5'6, but that source kind of sucks.

I give up, thats the only thing I could answer.

The strange thing about Peach is that she uses alot of weapons but the best ones I can think of outside her sports games her is her Super scope, her War fan and her Pshye bomb. Frankly I think her super scope would be quicker and easiear to use than a bow and arrow since you aim and shoot, the war fan though is not only storter than the sword but I don't think it ever showed her having any experience with it.

@slader7: Peach and Zelda can't use magic in this

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
They seem to be normal bombs, so they're in and available, remember the encumberance factor.

Sorry, the only thing I found was in urban doctionary which said she was 5'6, but that source kind of sucks.
That works though, 5'6" can be either 32 or 33 inches.

A hand and a half sword is 45-55 inches. Zelda's seems to be on the shorter end though, based on it's proportion to her body.

I give up, thats the only thing I could answer.

The strange thing about Peach is that she uses alot of weapons but the best ones I can think of outside her sports games her is her Super scope, her War fan and her Pshye bomb. Frankly I think her super scope would be quicker and easiear to use than a bow and arrow since you aim and shoot, the war fan though is not only storter than the sword but I don't think it ever showed her having any experience with it.

@slader7: Peach and Zelda can't use magic in this
I just found a good picture, the super scope is out. It uses a lense, and only light energy or energy of a higher wavelength will pass through a lense, but it is shown to make "bullets" traveling at less then the speed of light. That suggests it uses some form of particle to focus it, which would crash into the lense, rendering it useless, though she doesn't lose much with this because she never shows proficency.

Bombs are her best choice probably, but they don't exactly have the most range or are the most accurate.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
:) But of course peach would have a Bomb bag to carry her bombs in. Still, wouldn't an arrow be a much better projectile than a bomb?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
:) But of course peach would have a Bomb bag to carry her bombs in. Still, wouldn't an arrow be a much better projectile than a bomb?
My point is that bombs are heavy (yes, she would have something to carry them), we discussed this with young link.

And yes, they are. Thrown bombs are rather inaccurate.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
My point is that bombs are heavy (yes, she would have something to carry them), we discussed this with young link.

And yes, they are. Thrown bombs are rather inaccurate.
They also couldn't be thrown very far whereas Zelda could shoot down Peach from a very large distance. Also, if it matters, how many bombs could peach even carry? Zelda's arrows aren't bulky or round, so she could carry quite a few in an average quiver, right?

justaway12

Smash Master
♥ How big are Zelda's arrows anyway? I don't think we are talking about the brawl ones, the bombs look smaller than average to me, when they hit the boss they seemed smaller than your average bombs, I belive she could carry quite a few. ♥

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
How big are they? The size of her hand? A soccer ball? Because her carrying bag would probably go around her shoulder like a purse, wouldn't it? It could be big, now that I think about it... But arrows are thin and compact and I would guess that Zelda could carry them in the thirties or more. The smaller the bombs are, the less powerful they'd be, I would think.

On a related topic, who's the fifth boss we face in the Subspace Emissary? :)

justaway12

Smash Master
How big are they? The size of her hand? A soccer ball? Because her carrying bag would probably go around her shoulder like a purse, wouldn't it? It could be big, now that I think about it... But arrows are thin and compact and I would guess that Zelda could carry them in the thirties or more. The smaller the bombs are, the less powerful they'd be, I would think.

I don't think it's the size of her hand, If it was the size of her hand how can she draw it back or the arrows would be so small I don't think it would have any affect? It would be just like needle

I searched and this the best picture I could find.
http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/0/08/Zelda_LightArrow.jpg/180px-Zelda_LightArrow.jpg

She could still carry a lot in an archer pouch.

Yes they become smaller but you could carry more aswell.

On a related topic, who's the fifth boss we face in the Subspace Emissary? :)
I belive it was
1. Petey Piranha
2. Rayquaza
3. Porky
4. Galleom
5. Galleom (again) or Ridley

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
You misunderstood what I said. I was asking if Peach's bombs were the size of her hand, not Zelda's arrows.

If Peach's bombs are smaller than average, or if they're just small, they may not be too devastating. Zelda's arrows would bring Peach to her knees.

Hmmm... Galleom. My guess right now for Samus's match is Galleom.

justaway12

Smash Master
You misunderstood what I said. I was asking if Peach's bombs were the size of her hand, not Zelda's arrows.

If Peach's bombs are smaller than average, or if they're just small, they may not be too devastating. Zelda's arrows would bring Peach to her knees.

Hmmm... Galleom. My guess right now for Samus's match is Galleom.
♥ If Peach manages to get Zelda with her bombs the impact should leave her distracted for enough so Peach could come and attack and it might not blow her up but it would still injure her, Zelda can't shot her bow with a broken arm or use her sword, but that being said Zelda might still have the upper hand slightly since she has long range and close range. Really it's all a matter of who get hit first and Zelda (I suppose) has the tools to get the first hit. ♥

Zelda has magic while Peach has vegetables... yeah.
♥ Peach has magic too :( but they aren't allowed to use magic ♥

@Samus: I still think it's Ridley, but that just me, I suppose.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
@Samus: I still think it's Ridley, but that just me, I suppose.
It could be Ridley, I just choose not to believe so. :) Galleom deserves some time.

Okay, the way I always see the battles, is that both combatants begin about thirty feet away from each other. Now, Adumbrodeus knows more about this, so I'll wait for him to explain how fast Zelda can fire consecutive arrows and all. Peach could probably through more bombs than Zelda could arrows, but the arrows would fly through the air much, much faster. The way I would guess, is that Zelda has a bit more to dodge, but Peach will have a hard time dodging something that fast.

At close range, Zelda has the upper hand because she wields the better weapon. Peach really could only win this from a distance, and Zelda has the upper hand there as well.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
♥ If Peach manages to get Zelda with her bombs the impact should leave her distracted for enough so Peach could come and attack and it might not blow her up but it would still injure her, Zelda can't shot her bow with a broken arm or use her sword, but that being said Zelda might still have the upper hand slightly since she has long range and close range. Really it's all a matter of who get hit first and Zelda (I suppose) has the tools to get the first hit. ♥
Yes, but it depends on which hand, hand and a half swords, though more efficent with two hands, are definately usable with a single hand, so if the off hand is hit, it's not much sword-fighting damage.

This still isn't a slight advantage, let me break it down at various ranges:

Ultra-long to almost close range: Beyond the range of Peach's ability to throw bombs, Zelda has a major advantage due to her bow proficency making it quite easy for her to hit peach, and peach having nothing to respond with.

Close range (close enough for thrown projectiles, but not melee): Bomb-throwing is more inaccurate then bow and arrow, but more likely to do perifrial damage from a non-direct hit. Rate of fire will be similar (the minor pull required should equal the time to set up bombs aproximately), and we can assume that Peach has some training in proper throwing, since it's her only non-improvised weapon. Peach's slight advantage while she has ammunition because of the ability to throw multiple bombs at once, but her amunition is gonna be a lot more limited then Zelda's arrows because bombs are more ackward to carry. Ultimately, this probably Peach's best range, and she'll wanna do everything she can to maintain it whereas Zelda will wanna do everything possible to change the range, until she runs out of bombs that is, then it becomes another deadzone.

Melee range: Again, Zelda shines here. A steel longsword or knife is gonna be very difficult for peach to deal with due to her lack of formal weapons training. The umbrella is an extremely ackward shield (especially if it's metal-plated, which is required to deflect metal weapons), frying pan is too small to serve as a good shield (and still ackward due to it's poor leverage) and the bat is powerful, but only on direct hit. Again, massively in Zelda's favor.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
@ Adumbrodeus - When you imagine the fight, how far away do they start out from each other? The way I see it is that they would start out at a projectile-throwing distance, but if they start out closer, its Zelda's fight. Also, how much of a distance would you say Zelda's arrows would fly?

The more important question is how fast can Zelda probably fire multiple arrows?

justaway12

Smash Master
Yes, but it depends on which hand, hand and a half swords, though more efficent with two hands, are definately usable with a single hand, so if the off hand is hit, it's not much sword-fighting damage.

But wouldn't the damage from either arm would be painful, wouldn't it be too painful to fight correctly?

This still isn't a slight advantage, let me break it down at various ranges:

Ultra-long to almost close range: Beyond the range of Peach's ability to throw bombs, Zelda has a major advantage due to her bow proficency making it quite easy for her to hit peach, and peach having nothing to respond with.
Ok

Close range (close enough for thrown projectiles, but not melee): Bomb-throwing is more inaccurate then bow and arrow, but more likely to do perifrial damage from a non-direct hit. Rate of fire will be similar (the minor pull required should equal the time to set up bombs aproximately), and we can assume that Peach has some training in proper throwing, since it's her only non-improvsed weapon. Peach's slight advantage while she has ammunition because of the ability to throw multiple bombs at once, but her amunition is gonna be a lot more limited then Zelda's arrows because bombs are more ackward to carry. Ultimately, this probably Peach's best range, and she'll wanna do everything she can to maintain it whereas Zelda will wanna do everything possible to change the range, until she runs out of bombs that is, then it becomes another deadzone.
Yes, I suppose but I think she would have more bombs than usual since they seem smaller than average, still probably not as much as Zelda but a better chance get an attack, I think it would depend on who gets the first hit, since the pain would distract the other.

Melee range: Again, Zelda shines here. A steel longsword or knife is gonna be very difficult for peach to deal with due to her lack of formal weapons training. The umbrella is an extremely ackward shield (especially if it's metal-plated, which is required to deflect metal weapons), frying pan is too small to serve as a good shield (and still ackward due to it's poor leverage) and the bat is powerful, but only on direct hit. Again, massively in Zelda's favor.
Zelda wouldn't be mean enough to do that :(, she is a nice princess. Oh and Peach has the War fan as a weapon too, I don't think that'll help much but that is a formal weapon right?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Let's not forget that Zelda was chosen to possess the Triforce of Wisdom. Her character is blessed with amazing intelligence, judgment, and passion. She also is shown as brave, though Link is the one who bears the Triforce of Courage.

justaway12

Smash Master
Let's not forget that Zelda was chosen to possess the Triforce of Wisdom. Her character is blessed with amazing intelligence, judgment, and passion. She also is shown as brave, though Link is the one who bears the Triforce of Courage.
I thought that intelligence was already disscussed, I found link saying that Peach is smart but it was off...mario wiki, so that doesn't count, but come on she was a nurse, i'm sure that counts for something, Peach was also shown as brave in her games...and Zelda is fat and stupid and ugly and dumb D:<

lol J/K

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ Adumbrodeus - When you imagine the fight, how far away do they start out from each other? The way I see it is that they would start out at a projectile-throwing distance, but if they start out closer, its Zelda's fight. Also, how much of a distance would you say Zelda's arrows would fly?

The more important question is how fast can Zelda probably fire multiple arrows?
Long-range, I don't see any reason for them to walk up to each other, exchange pleasentries, walk 24 paces away from each other and begin, and that's pretty much the only way it could start like that.

The max range of Zelda's bow is about 1200 feet (medium-sized composite bow), but it's very inaccurate at that range, still, it's usable, the closer the range, the easier it is for her to fire with accuracy.

Due to their size, they probably act like a somewhat heavier grenades, so they should be able to be thrown about 30 meters (98 feet) and should have an effective radius of meters (about 16 and a half feet).

Firing multiple arrows at the same time doesn't work well at all, too much accuracy lost. If you mean speed of the shocks, give about a second for half-draw, 1.3 seconds for full draw.

edit:

But wouldn't the damage from either arm would be painful, wouldn't it be too painful to fight correctly?
No. It's entirely possible to fight with crippling injuries.

[
FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Yes, I suppose but I think she would have more bombs than usual since they seem smaller than average, still probably not as much as Zelda but a better chance get an attack, I think it would depend on who gets the first hit, since the pain would distract the other.[/FONT]
Think somewhat larger grenades.

Zelda wouldn't be mean enough to do that :(, she is a nice princess. Oh and Peach has the War fan as a weapon too, I don't think that'll help much but that is a formal weapon right?
Yes she would. Again, genius, she wouldn't put her tactics at risk to "be nice". She'd be the type to come up with ingenius plans that everyone else would think of as "not fair".

Also, look at the war fan, it's not reinforced properly to be a fighting impliment. Fighting fans are usable and can be quite powerful, but they have critical metal components. Peach's war fan is folded paper (can go into what makes a fighting fan and what it's used for if necessary, but point is, Peach's fan is NOT one).

I thought that intelligence was already disscussed, I found link saying that Peach is smart but it was off...mario wiki, so that doesn't count, but come on she was a nurse, i'm sure that counts for something, Peach was also shown as brave in her games...and Zelda is fat and stupid and ugly and dumb D:<

lol J/K
Smart/= genius level intelligence, and it would also imply high tactical ability. Being a nurse means that she's intelligent, but there's a major difference between being intelligent and being a genius.

justaway12

Smash Master
No. It's entirely possible to fight with crippling injuries.

I know but still much harder, it would give the opponent an advantage

Think somewhat larger grenades.
That sound about right

Yes she would. Again, genius, she wouldn't put her tactics at risk to "be nice". She'd be the type to come up with ingenius plans that everyone else would think of as "not fair".
How mean :(.

Also, look at the war fan, it's not reinforced properly to be a fighting impliment. Fighting fans are usable and can be quite powerful, but they have critical metal components. Peach's war fan is folded paper (can go into what makes a fighting fan and what it's used for if necessary, but point is, Peach's fan is NOT one).
Tessen (鉄扇?) were folding fans with outer spokes made of iron which were designed to look like normal, harmless folding fans or solid clubs shaped to look like a closed fan. Samurai could take these to places where swords or other overt weapons were not allowed, and some swordsmanship schools included training in the use of the'tessen as a weapon. The tessen was also used for fending off arrows and darts, as a throwing weapon, and as an aid in swimming

Doesn't that fit the Desicription? I'm going to look more into this since this is only from Wiki but I belive we should use that description (if it's right) for now, don't worry i'll get a more reliable source.

Here is a picture:

looks quite normal to me~

Experts in the use of the tessen were able to parry the blows of spear thrusts using their iron fan according to many Japanese sagas. Also famous for their use of the iron fan were the swordsman who were instructors to the Tokugawa Shoguns. In the literature of the martial arts of that time, there are many instances of victories won with a war fan against a sword, and many examples of men killed by a blow from it. Tessen were also popular with many non-samurai who were forbidden to carry a sword.

This fight seems fairer than people would think, IMO

Smart/= genius level intelligence, and it would also imply high tactical ability. Being a nurse means that she's intelligent, but there's a major difference between being intelligent and being a genius.
I know, but earliear you said there was nothing that implied she was above average, it was long but I just wanted to fill on the blank, i'm ignorant about royalty but isn't the fact that she is a princess mean she is intelligent or atleast know about some thing.

:laugh: lol. Say that to her face!

YOU'RE MEAN AND STUPID AND UGLY AND DUMB D:<.

Peach>>>>>>YOU!!!1!!!!one!!eleven!!!

EDIT: here is a more reliable site

The Tessen, or "Iron Fan" was designed to look like a regular fan. They were very popular with samurai because they could be taken into places where more obvious weapons were not allowed. It could be used in a similar fashion to a Throwing Star but it could also be used to deflect arrows and darts, or apparently, as a hand-flipper for swimming.

http://bizarreweapons.blogspot.com/2009/03/10-tessen.html

The fact that it can also be used deflect arrows makes this an even fairer fight, IMO

JOE!

Smash Hero
hehehehehe, Galleom? not even close.

You ae still missing a part of the clue, look it over again.

Ill give you a hint: She has a history with it.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I just wanted to fill on the blank, i'm ignorant about royalty but isn't the fact that she is a princess mean she is intelligent or atleast know about some thing.
Not at all. Peach and Zelda were born as princesses; they didn't rise to that position for superior intelligence. The difference between them is that Zelda is the single wisest person in Hyrule; the gods didn't give the Triforce of Wisdom to her for nothing. Peach has nothing that would suggest above average wisdom or sense of judgment.

EDIT: Not Galleom? :( Darn it! I was hoping it wouldn't be something from her own series....

justaway12

Smash Master
Is it Ridley?Meta-Ridley?

EDIT:
Not at all. Peach and Zelda were born as princesses; they didn't rise to that position for superior intelligence. The difference between them is that Zelda is the single wisest person in Hyrule; the gods didn't give the Triforce of Wisdom to her for nothing. Peach has nothing that would suggest above average wisdom or sense of judgment.
I'm not basing my statement on fact, just general opinion, I thought that royalty had a much better educational system than the rest, not genius level but intellegent.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
:) I just found another number within the text, Joe.

@Justaway - there's also a "5" in "is." And I just found a "1" in "I'll."

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
Wait, isn't one of Peach's best weapons the frying pan from Super Mario RPG? That was her best weapon in the game and most frying pans can take the abuse from a sword. That combined with the War fan would probably be a interesting combination.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
@ Justaway - Do you have any evidence to suggest is a War Fan? Like a pic?

*Searches Google Images.*

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well, my question was, is peach's fan actually composed of iron? It says "War Fan" on that video, but I'm skeptical as to whether her fan is composed of metal or wood. That video is looking down at me, but I'm still searching for an image or refernece or something...

EDIT: :uzi: Joe's laughing at me...

Top Bottom