• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
I got a Pomson a couple of days ago and ended up almost at the top of my team playing combat Engie. And I think I made like 3 medics lose their Uber which ended up getting them killed in the end.
But I personally think that the new Pyro flamethrower is alot worse. Crits at close range kill me in less then a second as most of the classes I play as. I hate it more then the Backburner. Especially with my luck with Pyros running into them every time I turn a corner.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Both the Pomson and Phlogistinator are terrible weapons, but I don't understand why they'd make something like the Pomson for the Engineer. You single handedly can help take care of enemy ubers and Spies, both of which happen to be very solid checks to Engie nests. Oh right, the Pomson can't be reflected and passes through players, too. Like, c'mon.

>Playing 6's Lobby as Medic.
>Retreat to second, giving up middle.
>Scouts force an early uber, so we push back.
>My pocket Soldier crashes out immediately before I uber.
>WELP.jpg

Morin0

Smash Lord
My computer recently got a bunch of viruses and barely got around to reinstalling Windows. I'm currently downloading TF2 again. My mouse has been complete crap recently (well, it's always been crap but now it's just complete crap) as well. I can't aim at all so now I'm just playing Engineer since he doesn't require that much aiming.

Why is this thread dead? Also, what's up with the Highlander tournament?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
We just sort of talk on steam. And the highlander thing pretty much died, nobody's ever on.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Lol Bio

I'm sorry for Thursday night

and last

but at least you got a s. southern hospitality so take that as my apology :3

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The fade transition was a little anoying when you switched to a very short scene, but other than that, was enjoyable (loved the music choice)

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Speaking of pomson, I have a funny story.

So I was at 2fort, and was setting up an engy base in the enemy sewers. While it was completely set up, some demomen and medics came down to try and take out my base. Using my pomson, I held my fort.

They came back, and I still kept my base.

Pomson is such a great rage weapon.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Do you have a script for reflecting then switching to Slot 2?
Nope, it's a habitual thing. Quickest and easiest kill on an unbuffed soldier or demo is a close range reflect to flare. So I always switch to flare and see if I can follow their knockback, otherwise go back to the flamethrower and go for the second reflect.

EDIT: Also, there's very little disadvantage to switching to the flare after a reflect because of the airblast cooldown. The opportunity of a critflare is worth a lot more than the tiny amount of flame damage you might get if you stay with the flamethrower, especially if you're keeping your distance for reflects (which I tend to do unless I outflank them and they haven't noticed me).

The only script I use is middle click to switch to melee and attack. I very rarely melee so I just use Q to switch between flare and flamethrower all the time.

The fade transition was a little anoying when you switched to a very short scene, but other than that, was enjoyable (loved the music choice)
Alright, thanks very much! Will play around with transitions more next time, see what works better for short scenes.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Hey guys, do any of you have advice for fixing something that I've been experiencing lately?

Recently, when I go into TF2, it loads fine, up until I get to the point where it starts to try and connect to the server. Then, the screen freezes and stays there.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Hey guys, do any of you have advice for fixing something that I've been experiencing lately?

Recently, when I go into TF2, it loads fine, up until I get to the point where it starts to try and connect to the server. Then, the screen freezes and stays there.
Freezes on "Retrieving Server Info..."?

Usually that's the loading phase for local maps; Once it gets to "Sending Client Info..." the map is loaded and ready to play. You might try defragging/verifying your game cache.

M@v

Subarashii!
I wouldnt mind getting back into tf2 for a highlander tourney. Always wanted to do one. I'd want to be sniper though :3.

Howler leech(space thing) should be the scout if hes still been playing as well.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm in as Medic. No longer confident in my Engie in competitive situations, unfortunately.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Yeah same. I'd like to participate but not sure if I can if it's going to be european times.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Large TF2 Update this afternoon.
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=7604

TF2 Patch Notes said:
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
Added The Waxy Wayfinder
Added a new promotional item
Added Strange Parts that can be used to upgrade existing Strange-quality weapons
Updated The Cozy Camper to allow it to be used in Medieval Mode
Double-clicking on a tool in the backpack view will now use that tool
Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause weapons dropped after death to render with incorrect skins
Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause The Manmelter to display incorrect kill icons
Fixed a bug that would cause certain in-game notification sounds to play even if "cl_notifications_show_ingame" was false
Fixed a bug that would cause chat-text strange weapon rank up notifications to sometimes display player names as "unknown"
Increased Steam Workshop item description to 8000 characters
Updated arena_ravine
Minor visual and performance improvements
Updated cp_well
Performance improvements
Lokalisointitiedostot päivitetty [Updated Russian Localization files]

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
****ING STRANGE HUNSTMAN
****ING STRANGE WIDOWMAKER
****ING STRANGE MANTREADS
****ING STRANGE SAPPER
****ING PROJECTILES REFLECTED COUNTER
****ING HEADSHOTS COUNTER

I'm going to be so poor after this

John2k4

The End of an Era
Not sure. You might have to make it with the strange parts that are now in the crates.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Strange Parts just add extra counters to certain stranges (gibs, heatshots, reflects, buildings destroyed, etc)

It's in Crate 40. Nobody has seen one yet, though.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
My friend got a strange part airshot kills pretty much right after the update went live, he put it on his reserve shooter.

Top Bottom