• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Speaking of crates... anyone interested in a #30?
I looked the other day and saw that the asking price for these are like 6-7 keys now, lol. I'm going to hang on to mine.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It looks like Crate 30 is going to be discontinued soon.

Crate prices only go up from there. If you keep the crates long enough, the crates themselves (not as much the stranges, since more are coming with more unboxings and more crates are leaving) could rise to obsurd prices. Possibly low-tier unusuals in the far, long run.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You're right. Couldn't the price go down though? What makes this crate special anyway? Why is it the only salvaged?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
40 is replacing 30 as salvaged, the item schema hints anyways.

Crate 30 only has ever gone up since it came out. Good crates skyrocket when they're discontinued (see #1, #19, and #20, going at 1+ Refined, which used to be 1 weapon).

Do the math. Crate 30 will continue to go up as it does, and then get added to exponentially when it becomes rarer and rarer, especially from a crate that's the rarest drop in the game to begin with.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
One of my sources tells me 40 was supposed to be a regular crate like 41 but screwed up, and 30 was never going away. Hmm.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
TBH one could be as right as the other. We're not 100% sure yet.

Item schema labels 40 as a "rare" crate though, like 30, but it doesn't actually drop due to mismatched data within files.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
20 less so, but yeah.

It's like 2 Rec-1 Ref to be more fair... not a lot of people want to pay a ref for a normal crate.

Strange Rocket Launcher is such a ludicrous price it's worth it, though. It's about 1/4 crates it gets unboxed, and its worth 3 keys. Pretty good odds to make money.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Last time I auctioned off 290 crates of random numbers I got 2 keys for the lot.
Pretty nice since a lot of the crates were from people who just didn't want them taking up space.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Strange Rocket Launcher is such a ludicrous price it's worth it, though. It's about 1/4 crates it gets unboxed, and its worth 3 keys. Pretty good odds to make money.
Makes me think it might be time to poke around, see what people want for my Strange Festive Launcher.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Finally got a strange machina, and a friend gifted me a headshot part to go with it. Woo.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Anyone selling S. Mad Milk? I'd rather give you the metal and not some random guy

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Add me to the friendfinder! My steam name is falcon_smash

I play mainly spy, medic, and some pyro. I'm looking to compete in ugc's 9vs9 highlander tournament soon, maybe even next season. Anyone who wants to play just send me a PM.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Happy April Fools Weekend. :3

Skip to ~1:25

[yt]QaudHUMJ3X4[/yt]

Y2K<3

(And this is the correct thread this time. :laugh:)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Add me to the friendfinder! My steam name is falcon_smash

I play mainly spy, medic, and some pyro. I'm looking to compete in ugc's 9vs9 highlander tournament soon, maybe even next season. Anyone who wants to play just send me a PM.
How good are you at Spy? I've been meaning to try some double Spy to practice baiting and trickstabs in public servers, although I'm often playing 6's Lobbies or Saxton Hale. Add me on Steam if you're interested.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I just got a series 40 to drop, got a strange widowmaker from it. Gonna sell it I think.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
ESEA Open is 6's, yes.

I'm working on my roamer so if I can play enough to improve, we can have you as a sub-Scout / Medic instead. I'll talk to the rest of the team. You're the second recruit so we'll probably play you in a Lobby or something.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Well, I'm not too sure about joining so don't recruit me already lol.

I'm not sure if I have the time to dedicate myself to something like that. I don't want people relying on me. What days/times will this be?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You would be a sub, Krynxe. We'd need you in games where one of our slots are missing, presuming you do strongly in some Lobbies / scrimms and your comms are solid, etc.. Matches are setup by schedulers of each team every match, but we're aiming for evenings / nights for sure. Most games are played on nights anyway.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Okay, being a sub would work. Nights works fine for me too right now, but when I'm back at school next week I won't be able to be doing games too late because I wake up at 6

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
: So, Valve desided to fix that one thiing where the heavy throws the sandvish on the floor. So now, when the heavy picks up the sandvish from the floor, he no longers gain health but get his sandvish back.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I wouldn't call it a fix, but yeah that was a bit ago. I was really disappointed when they did that, since heavy is my main class.

Lol Bio, remember how many times after that update where I threw my sandvich on the floor to eat it in vsh just to be like "d'oh"

Man I miss eating sandviches with my feet :'(

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call it a fix, but yeah that was a bit ago. I was really disappointed when they did that, since heavy is my main class.

Lol Bio, remember how many times after that update where I threw my sandvich on the floor to eat it in vsh just to be like "d'oh"

Man I miss eating sandviches with my feet :'(
yea man....is sooo stressful now. Heavy now have to hide to eat the damn thing.
Then again, I main medic so I tend to be around you :D...
better feed my *** if I have damage....
Then again, I never die as a medic lol...
sometimes though but not alot.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I throw my sandvich to my medic who proceeds to not notice and gets eaten by a scout at 90% health.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
No I totally agree that it was justified

and @jumpman That is all of my rage forever

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Yeah I remember Krynxe. Good thing the next best thing is a healing arrow
2TK.

I throw my sandvich to my medic who proceeds to not notice and gets eaten by a scout at 90% health.
If there were a contest for "most irritating thing" in TF2...

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
A lot of us just play vs saxton hale mod on the TFF servers

TFF server 1: 66.150.188.29:27015
TFF server 2 (the better one): 64.94.100.79:27015

Top Bottom