• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork! RESULTS

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
And Elev8 = I SEE YOU? I wanna face you again, man. You're way too good.
Thanks man! I'm looking forward to the tournament! Everyone seemed to like the KARATE EXPLOSION XD

yeah elev8.
you want to team?

sure ill mm you. yoshi, zss, falco anyone really.
ill come to this if you come.
We should definitely team Slam!!! & i'll put you on my list for MMs, so far i have to play you and Serin. Anyone else? :chuckle:

JustdaTIP

Smash Rookie
I assume this is open to all? I've never played anyone else besides friends, so this sounds like it'd be fun to attend. Plus if I came that's another $5 towards the pot that I can't win lol. I'm not too familiar with Birmingham, even though I've been in college here for almost 3 years lol, but I should be able to get there with my iphone. Basically I'm just checking to see if it's cool for a noob like me to come and basically take up space bc I expect to get 4 stocked.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I switched the Date on my Monthly due to my new Job. But seriously yall should do Brawl+ instead of the Low tiers. Either Chad or NES Noob is gonna win low tiers(Link is a ***).

Enter shameless plus : I am having my monthly on Nov 14th we are having Melee and Brawl+ so please do come if you want to.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD Dude I'd love to team wit ya.
Elev8 u owe me a MM, so if you're going to this prepare yourself.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
If there are enough Brawl+ setups, I'll change Melee/Brawl low tiers to Brawl+ tourny or I'll save it for the next one.

I'd like for someone to teach me how to get Brawl+ files on my SD card too (preferably, in person, I don't follow text instructions too well).

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
If there are enough Brawl+ setups, I'll change Melee/Brawl low tiers to Brawl+ tourny or I'll save it for the next one.

I'd like for someone to teach me how to get Brawl+ files on my SD card too (preferably, in person, I don't follow text instructions too well).
with an SD card.......any brawl setup is a brawl+ setup
and seriously, the simple way of doing this is idiot-proof.....you will kick yourself when you see just how easy it is

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Reimeii's calling me an idiot? :/

Also, I WILL change the list of viable chars in Melee low tiers.

Option 1: Remove Pikachu
Option 2: Add DK

Pikachu is going to dominate, otherwise. (Not out to get Chad or anything, I just think Pikachu has no business in low tiers)

Which option is preferable to you guys?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion

Pikachu is going to dominate, otherwise. (Not out to get Chad or anything, I just think Pikachu has no business in low tiers)

Pika def should be Low Tier. Chad just makes Pika look super sexy. So you might as well add DK to the list. Zelda is a better Character in Low Tiers anyway.

And Reimeii isnt calling you an Idiot cause the Brawl+ download really is idiot proof.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

If pikachu is removed, than Link should be removed, too. DK would have no business coming back.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Just keep the low tiers as they are supposed to be. Pika and Link are both fair, even though chad and NES and not (lol).

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Pikachu is 70-30 or 60-40 against the rest of the cast. His closest match-ups would be Link, Donkey Kong (if allowed), and maybe Zelda.

Pikachu has everything that everyone else is lacking, hence why they are low tier. He has good kill moves (Upsmash, Nair), gimps (Upair), actual combos, actual range, speed, and, imo, the best recovery of the cast.

He can dominate Pichu, Kirby, Ness, and Young Link just because of outranging them.

He beats Mewtwo, Bowser, Yoshi, because of superior maneuverability, combos, and kill moves.

Game and Watch is killed early and is easy to edgeguard/gimp.

Roy gets ***** by grabs, gimps, and aerials.

Zelda is easy to juggle and edgeguard/gimp.

Link is easy to combo and gimp.

At least Link has even matchups and gives inferior characters a chance with his slow speed, bad recovery, and relatively bad counterpicks.

I think that Donkey Kong would balance things out with the higher portions of the cast, but I'm aware that he, like Pikachu, dominates the rest of the cast that isn't named Pikachu/Link.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
just go with the tier list man.
are we having brawl low tiers too?

you guys are gonna get to see my jiggs.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
@Elev8-Haha, um....Can I make it a $3 for both?
So yea, I'm looking forward to this, if I can pull another placing with this crowd I'd be pretty convinced that I'm actually tournament material.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
If you don't play Pikachu or many characters or even melee much for that matter, you shouldn't be saying those things.
im gonna have to agree with this. Pika does not **** Luigi. Luigi beasts most of Low tier. Pika is good but def not the best of Low Tier. Yoshi "can" beast Pika. You just have to be careful of stupid gimps. and Zelda is a monster in low tier too.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Ack, shot down.

Since everyone is against change, I won't mess with the low tiers.

And Chad, I play plenty of Melee. I know enough to form my own opinion, but any enlightenment on this matter would be appreciated. You main Pikachu after all.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Saying things as brazen as "Pika is 70-30 or maybe even 60-40 vs the rest of the cast" makes me questionable. It's definitely untrue. I've played a lot of very good low tier mains who I've had a helluva hard time with. Joot's GnW is a pain in the *** to fight (cause he's soo good). I couldn't even take a game off Sethlon in the hour that I played him in Pika vs Roy friendlies. I can bring up more examples if you want, but Pika isn't the Fox or Metaknight of low tier.

Pika is also lacking something that a lot of low tiers DO have, which is range and good priority moves.

Also I would say Mewtwo easily has the best recovery of low tier.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
You're right. I tend to exaggerate advantages of characters that I type about.

I still think that Pikachu is a notch above everyone else and that his speed makes up for shortcomings in range, but my opinion might change with more time and experience in this niche of Melee.

Also, yeah Mewtwo has the best recovery...

-Chad-

Slackerator
So yeah I doubt my crew is going to be at this one..this falls on the same date as Jab2 which is a Melee tourny up in the midwest.

and weekend after that is KO's tourny.

Sorry doods =o

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Zero, you might as well make the thread ripping on me. I have to go to a robotics thing in Atlanta. You can also change the schedule back if you wish.

:( Wish I had known sooner.

Top Bottom