• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VI! Cleveland, OH (July 18th)

GirugaMarc

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to go but parents would never let me miss track practice for something like video games

they just don't understand -.-

DippnDots

Feral Youth
show up to track practice and scream at your coach that a video game is more important than his existence and run off crying. (to the tournament)

extra points if you falcon punch him.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hello people, I'm in Cleveland OH for the weekend. Are there any tournies around here tomorrow?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Yes, this is confirmed for the 18th now.

Also, pre-registration is up, check out my sig or first post to pre-reg

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Yo Dave i'll talk to nate about coming to this for melee, i might play some brawl just for fun too but i doubt i'll put any money on it.

(starts watching Darc videos) >_>

Revven

FrankerZ
People should seriously play Duelist with SciFiGuy and I after the tourney, it's really hilarious and fun. (Better with 4 players).

4% APR

Smash Champion
Yo Dave i'll talk to nate about coming to this for melee, i might play some brawl just for fun too but i doubt i'll put any money on it.

(starts watching Darc videos) >_>
cool, good stuff

you guys can just show up right before melee if you want so you won't have to wait

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Kiest do you play brawl only? And regardless may I possibly talk to you about travel arrangements to this?

(Lives in Worthington Hills)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I do play brawl only. But I would stay around for melee.

Also I'll be coming from Cedar Point that weekend, so I can't car pool with you. Sorry.

Skyson

Smash Ace
I dunno what's going on, Tony says he's going to Genesis and said he wanted to take me or something, I never actually talked to him about it...
It was a thought. I [thought that I] had the funds to make it happen, and Darrell kept telling me that you were loaded and was able to do it.

I'm catching unnecessary amounts of **** from my parents about spending the money to go, though, so it may not happen. I doubt I can convince her by the pre-reg date (June 30). =/

It would've been nice, but it seems somewhat unrealistic for me now.

This, however, looks very possible. Test Your Might is cool stuff. I'll look into trying to go to this one. SSB64 friendlies ALL DAY, SON. <_<

Kawaiiness

Smash Rookie
L and I will of course make it a priority to make it to this. Love these tournies.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Bumping.

Will we have access to wifi here? If so, TYM livestream!
The computer the tournament is being run on has high speed internet. I don't think there's wifi but there's high speed internet on the kiosks. It'll probly be a pain to get TYM livestream although I'd love to see it happen.

L and I will of course make it a priority to make it to this. Love these tournies.
awesome

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
40 People plan on coming! Keep that number rising! where you at springfield? God Kais, you comin to this? It's gonna be huge. MI, you comin to this? You know you wanna take Ohio's money again. Dayton, Cinci, out of state? you know you wanna.

Okay, I just got some prizes for the TYM series.

The grand prize for most circuit points at the end of the event is

That’s right. A pimp cup. This cup is capable of holding 40 oz. of your desired beverage. More than enough to get even the pimpest of pimps crunk.

There will also be prizes awarded for

First and Second place overall doubles points
Second place singles points
Least singles points
Most Johns
Best Diddy

Also, a few crappy door prizes will be awarded as well.

jokey665

Smash Ace
My johns for the last test your might:
hadn't played in over a month johns
played a character i picked up that day johns (and did better with him than my main, for the most part)
played more melee than brawl since my last brawl tourney johns
flat-out awful at the game johns
no sleep johns
hungry johns
controller johns
not playing mk/snake johns

probably more but that's what i came up with in 2 minutes

4% APR

Smash Champion
i dont know if this has already been said but if you want i could run melee for you.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Screws those, I want them crappy door prizes.

Also grats on making it to Smash Director.
I apparantly made it to smash director a while ago I just wasn't aware.

i dont know if this has already been said but if you want i could run melee for you.
Ya, I don't even know some of the rules for melee (IC's wobble banned?, Stages?, no stage strike? WTF?) So if you wanna help out tell me where I should seed people, double elim or round robin, etc. etc. that'd be awesome. I'm thinking $5 for melee again is probably good. It depends on what people say. I know last time we would've only got like 8 people if it was for $10 instead we had 16 at $5.

Also, are you confirmed for this yet so I can remove you from the uncomfirmed list.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
40 People plan on coming! Keep that number rising! where you at springfield? God Kais, you comin to this? It's gonna be huge. MI, you comin to this? You know you wanna take Ohio's money again. Dayton, Cinci, out of state? you know you wanna.

Okay, I just got some prizes for the TYM series.

The grand prize for most circuit points at the end of the event is

That’s right. A pimp cup. This cup is capable of holding 40 oz. of your desired beverage. More than enough to get even the pimpest of pimps crunk.

There will also be prizes awarded for

First and Second place overall doubles points
Second place singles points
Least singles points
Most Johns
Best Diddy

Also, a few crappy door prizes will be awarded as well.
For Best Diddy, the diddys that have the 2 most points should have a 50 stock diddy-o

Count

Smash Champion
I think I'm busy this day but best diddy would make it worth going to!

Specially since I don't think AZ is gonna be there, lol.

4% APR

Smash Champion
I apparantly made it to smash director a while ago I just wasn't aware.

Ya, I don't even know some of the rules for melee (IC's wobble banned?, Stages?, no stage strike? WTF?) So if you wanna help out tell me where I should seed people, double elim or round robin, etc. etc. that'd be awesome. I'm thinking $5 for melee again is probably good. It depends on what people say. I know last time we would've only got like 8 people if it was for $10 instead we had 16 at $5.

Also, are you confirmed for this yet so I can remove you from the uncomfirmed list.
I dont think there are any ic players so we'll go ahead and ban wobbling. Seeding would be easier in person. I would prefer a 10$ entry but whatever gets more people is the best. We'll just use the standard stage list. If anyone isnt sure they can ask me about stages. Yes i am confirmed

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I dont think there are any ic players so we'll go ahead and ban wobbling. Seeding would be easier in person. I would prefer a 10$ entry but whatever gets more people is the best. We'll just use the standard stage list. If anyone isnt sure they can ask me about stages. Yes i am confirmed
can't wait to play you :psycho:

If anyone has a recording device for melee but no set up for some reason, you can use mine if you so desire.

M@v

Subarashii!
I see no reason why Me and Colaya can't make it. Heck, If I get to know Uzi well enough by this time, I'll see if he wants to come. Watch out, the foxes are coming for the hedgehogs.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Awesome guys, this looks like it'll most likely break 40 players. We already have 44 players that plan on attending. I'm going to send out some invites and I'll go talk to Springfield this weekend. Let's make this a record breaking TYM.

Also, I'm thinking of holding the TYM X! Championships at a different venue and turning into a NATIONAL level event. If I can get a large enough venue and if there is enough advance notice I'm predicting we can get around 200 players.

Top Bottom