• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetris

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I never heard of this game. What do you do/what kind of game is it?
O_o
Wow. I thought a ton of people would know.

Wikipedia said:
A random sequence of tetrominoes (sometimes called "tetrads" in older versions)—shapes composed of four square blocks each—fall down the playing field (a rectangular vertical shaft, called the "well" or "matrix"). The object of the game is to manipulate these tetrominoes, by moving each one sideways and rotating it by 90 degree units, with the aim of creating a horizontal line of blocks without gaps. When such a line is created, it disappears, and any block above the deleted line will fall. With every ten lines that are cleared, the game enters a new level. As the game progresses, each level causes the tetrominoes to fall faster, and the game ends when the stack of tetrominoes reaches the top of the playing field and no new tetrominoes are able to enter. The game can also end if the player is able to get all the way to level 15.

All of the tetrominoes are capable of single and double clears. I, J, and L are able to clear triples. Only the I tetromino has the capacity to clear four lines simultaneously, and this is referred to as a "tetris". (This may vary depending on the rotation and compensation rules of each specific Tetris implementation. For instance, in the Super Rotation System used in most recent implementations,called "Easy Spin" in Tetris Worlds, certain rare situations allow T, S and Z to 'snap' into tight spots and clear triples.)
tl;dr, Tetris pieces fall, you rotate and fit them to clear lines. Pile blocks to the top of the play field, game over.

UberMario

Smash Master
I have the Tetris board game, and man, in all of the games, you just want to shoot the screen whenever you get a zigzag tetramino first. >_>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Tetris is really hardcore. Ask Utada Hikaru! Seriously though, I prefer Dr. Mario =P

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
you just want to shoot the screen whenever you get a zigzag tetramino first. >_>
This so much lol, I used to restart he game but I just deal with it now.

Tetris DS style is so epic, yet before the DS version I would play by completing one line at a time instead of stacking it all up. XD

Tetris battles <3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
O_o
Wow. I thought a ton of people would know.
I can't tell if you countered sarcasm with sarcasm, or you didn't realize his post was sarcasm. :laugh:

Anyway, Tetris is fun. It isn't my favorite puzzle game though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I can't tell if you countered sarcasm with sarcasm, or you didn't realize his post was sarcasm. :laugh:

Anyway, Tetris is fun. It isn't my favorite puzzle game though.
I didn't realize the sarcasm. Guess I'll add a link to the first post.

T-block

B2B TST
I've been completely addicted to Tetris Online Japan lately @.@

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8RSvF_6g_A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8RSvF_6g_A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
the score resets on the ti-83, may be version specific, around 70000.....

what is the most popular version of tetris on facebook....

is that you playing t-block? where can i play it....

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Tetris Attack was one of my fav SNES games. So much fun!
I've been playing this a lot lately. So addicting. Me and my sister are ridiculously competitive against each other in this game, but she usually gets the best of me. Still, 8 to 9:59+ minute matches are relatively common.

I wish there was a Tetris Attack tournament circuit like there is Smash :-/ Maybe then I could finally place in the money lol.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I still play Texmaster (Homebrew) , LockJaw (DS Homebrew) and The Tetris Battle Gaiden (SNES)
:D I definitely recommend these three.

Texmaster is like a spot-on clone of Tetris The GrandMaster 1-3
LockJaw allows you to customize your game to fit your needs, meaning its like any Tetris game but with you manually setting the rules
Tetris Battle Gaiden is my 2 player versus favorite! It's just like any other classic Tetris game except with a set of characters with their own variety of skills. (Note: Shaman is Metaknight Tier in this game >.<)

@Frame Perfect: I tried the Facebook Tetris Marathon, it was my favorite one, but there isn't much competitiveness since my friends don't play Tetris competitively

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Any of you guys wanna get my Texmaster Mod? I had it modified with Megaman Sounds and Backgrounds so it won't look Counter-Strike like lol

@Gates, OMG that's awesome! I wanna try that, It's WAAY better than the American one

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
One of the most adictive games, Tetris DS is great :3

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Tetris is such a classic.The music is pretty **** catchy.

You can launch the princess in the rocket if you beat the hardest settings!

I prefer Dr. Robotniks mean bean machine though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
One of the most adictive games, Tetris DS is great :3
Agreed. I love all of the different game modes they offer. Not sure about the online tho.

I love getting all of the combos and giving all the **** to my opponent(s). :laugh:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I love the multiplayer items in Tetris Party Deluxe on DS :p

The_Ultimate_Spicy

Smash Rookie
Hello, if anyone here has an account on www.tetrisfriends.com, you can add me if you want to play me on a consistent basis, my username is theultimatespicy. Also, if any of you are interested in getting my tetris party deluxe friend code, shoot me a message and I can get you that as well.

I've tried getting on the site, but it's down or something...it's not letting me get on for some reason.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The site is fine, you double posted, AND you necroposted...

S

smash brawl player 99021

I have this Tetris demo on my phone that cuts off after like, 15 blocks.
I've played it about 100 times.

And gotten to like, level 9 in Marathon. err wave 9

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I need to play Tetris sometime, I've always been a Columns kind of guy, I never really cared to try out Tetris.

Top Bottom