• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Crusade Series 2! SKTAR Ruleset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas M

Smash Master
You should probably use a Twitch.tv account to livestream, actually. lol. ustream is a pain in the ***, and ustream doesn't have stream archives like Twitch does. You can rip matches out of the archives and upload them to youtube to bypass recording/people can watch the archives while the rest of the off-stream matches are recorded.

Just my 2 cents.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Agreed with the above. Also the night prior to and day of advertise it in different thread and stress that a large majority of Texas' best will be here.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
You should probably use a Twitch.tv account to livestream, actually. lol. ustream is a pain in the ***, and ustream doesn't have stream archives like Twitch does. You can rip matches out of the archives and upload them to youtube to bypass recording/people can watch the archives while the rest of the off-stream matches are recorded.

Just my 2 cents.
Ok, I'll see about switching to twitch.tv when Swaka and I are testing the livestream.

Agreed with the above. Also the night prior to and day of advertise it in different thread and stress that a large majority of Texas' best will be here.
Ok, will do.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
BULL****

YOU'RE GOING BECAUSE IM GOING

gg

BlinkIV

Avenger
Holy ****. I'm so coming to this now, If there is commentary, I'd be more than glad to do commentate with anyone. Also, ALSM, if you haven't found a potential side-event yet, I recommend a Project M event (Singles, doubles, whateverthe****). Maybe even Wassada, it's on you.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
If I come to this, would anyone want to do teams??

Also, any chance there would be a change to payout to top 5 for singles?? I don't think anyone would really complain about that.

Denti

Smash Master
Top 5 payout should only happen have a certain point in attendance imo.

Btw, project M for side event.

You guys should advertise this event even though it's like... soon. Texas' S tier players are coming, all of em. Gnes, Razer, Trela, Dojo and Me.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
What point in attendance is that??

Synce had 34 entrants at his tournament the other week and he did top 5 payouts. I think it helps give people even more incentive to work harder and see rewards for their hard work.

Getting top 5 is no easy feat, but is a lot more obtainable than trying to break the top 3 that is consistently always the same people. It's cool seeing people like Smoom and Bio get a little piece of the pie ( like they did at Synce's tournament). It's not like the people that place 1-3 are missing out on that much winnings. The difference is VERY small.

Denti

Smash Master
What point in attendance is that??

Synce had around 30 entrants at his tournament the other week and he did top 5 payouts. I think it helps give people even more incentive to work harder and see rewards for their hard work.

Getting top 5 is no easy feat, but is a lot more obtainable than trying to break the top 3 that is consistently always the same people. It's cool seeing people like Smoom and Bio get a little piece of the pie ( like they did at Synce's tournament). It's not like the people that place 1-3 are missing out on that much winnings. The difference is VERY small.
I agree. When I held Revolution I was SUPER GENEROUS to top 5. The players who get first obviously get money all the time and shouldn't be hogging it all.

I think after like 10 people i paid out to top 4, then after like 16 I did top 5, then 30 was top 8 or something

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I agree. When I held Revolution I was SUPER GENEROUS to top 5. The players who get first obviously get money all the time and shouldn't be hogging it all.

I think after like 10 people i paid out to top 4, then after like 16 I did top 5, then 30 was top 8 or something
Haha oh we are on the same page then!

I don't think this tournament would have any problems getting that kind of attendance.

P.S. I vote project M for the side event as well!

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Hey guys I know its last minute but can any one house me for the tourney tomorrow? If so please contact me @ 210 290 3979

Labernash

Smash Lord
Wreck 'em hard, RedShadow, DMG!! Rep dat Wario! Chuugga chugga!

Wish I was there to join dat hype train. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom