• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Tournaments - Centex2 - Doubles Swiss & Singles 2 Stock! - October 18th

Kal

Smash Champion
Lee, I'm interested in going to this, but I hate Brawl. So far, I've never left a Brawl tournament satisfied, because the game is Brawl.

But I'll probably end up going just for you. I might team with level 9 Ganon, solely for tradition and nostalgia. I doubt I'll place 4th like I did last time, though. :(

I'll be rooting for you to beat Hylian. I don't even care about the ****ing 8 years I've known the guy, because he's super full of himself and always responds to joking posts about losing with **** like "lol I wasn't even trying."

Lee, we should money match. I'm thinking we do Ganon/Falcon dittos in Brawl, and the loser buys the winner a cigar (like a kind of ok one, like maybe a Garcia Vega, not like a ****ing $15 cigar), then we do a Ganon/Falcon ditto in Melee, and the loser buys the winner a cigar.

Or we can cut out the middle man and just exchange cigars. It'll be like ****ing Christmas, except communistic.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I accept! Yoshi vs. Ganon, $5. Let's see just how much slapping you can do cuz my nuts got weave game!
A friend of mine plays Yoshi and he refers to him as the "slipperiest dildo in the west." You should make a shirt that says that and wear it everywhere!

Double dong dildos!
Refer to the above comment :p

Lee, I'm interested in going to this, but I hate Brawl. So far, I've never left a Brawl tournament satisfied, because the game is Brawl.

But I'll probably end up going just for you. I might team with level 9 Ganon, solely for tradition and nostalgia. I doubt I'll place 4th like I did last time, though. :(

I'll be rooting for you to beat Hylian. I don't even care about the ****ing 8 years I've known the guy, because he's super full of himself and always responds to joking posts about losing with **** like "lol I wasn't even trying."

Lee, we should money match. I'm thinking we do Ganon/Falcon dittos in Brawl, and the loser buys the winner a cigar (like a kind of ok one, like maybe a Garcia Vega, not like a ****ing $15 cigar), then we do a Ganon/Falcon ditto in Melee, and the loser buys the winner a cigar.

Or we can cut out the middle man and just exchange cigars. It'll be like ****ing Christmas, except communistic.
Brawl teams is amazing, so don't worry you'll have fun. I'm down for a cigar match. You'll owe me two cigars after I sauce you with Falcon in Melee.

Also, Hylian likes to touch goats in their naughty spots!

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Oh boy! I would love to come to this. I might even use a lvl 9 comp as my partner. :)
You should definitely come and hype it for people in your area. This is the first 2 v 2 only Brawl tournament in history, and the first in TX to use the Swiss system. Its going to be amazing, especially since I get to make at least 100 bucks ( fogo will prob back out :)) from MMs.

TonyDpad

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, this is Tony one of the owners of D-Pad. Well we can't wait for this to happen! Hope to see all of you guys here and in top shape. We have changed some things around in the shop since the last tournament(so hope you like it), and I will be taking MM's on our Street Fighter 3S arcade.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I believe I am going to dedicated a setup to only money matches. Right now Hylian and I have a $100 MM and Fogo and I have a $100 MM (though I doubt he'll do it). We need some more big numbers rolling through here. I'll be recording these for epic Youtube viewage ;)

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Who all do you play bear?

By the way, please post if you are coming. I know a lot of people that are coming but haven't posted in the thread. I want to get a decent tally on how many noobs are coming so that I can get the paddles & grease ready.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I might make it to this, but I would need to hitch a ride. Dallas people... Plz get me for this event. :)

Seriously though if I can't hitch a ride there's no way in hell I will make it. And I have to see at least 1 person lose $100.

Also, Lee I will do a MM with you, $20 My Olimar vs Your Old Man Winter.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
You should get some other players from your region to come. A lot of people have untapped potential in teams strategy and they do much better in 2 v 2. I'll def MM you, but def not Olimar vs Ganon. Id rather play against Falco or Snake than Oli with Ganon. :p Its prob one of his hardest matchups. I'll do ROB vs Oli if youre interested?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Might show up to this. I'll know for sure after the San Antonio tourny next week. If I do, expect 3 n00b teams to waste there mula. Including me lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If someone from Austin is willing to give me a ride there and back, I wouldn't mind participating in this. I flippin' love doubles, it's all I do online (singles WiFi blows for Wario anyway). I'm first on GB doubles ladder if anyone is interested in partnering w/ me.

Would this be over in a day, or last til really late?

Dr. Mario Guy gets first dibs though <3

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I main Pika, but I can play Wolf, Diddy, and Fox.

I don't know if I am bringing anyone with me. I'll try to find out as soon as possible.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I believe I am going to dedicated a setup to only money matches. Right now Hylian and I have a $100 MM and Fogo and I have a $100 MM (though I doubt he'll do it). We need some more big numbers rolling through here. I'll be recording these for epic Youtube viewage ;)
I really hope you're joking about Fogo.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I really hope you're joking about Fogo.
In what way? That he'll back out, or that we're doing a $100 MM? It's the former, then yes I am joking. If it's the latter, then I am definitely not joking!

Might show up to this. I'll know for sure after the San Antonio tourny next week. If I do, expect 3 n00b teams to waste there mula. Including me lol
Don't view it as wasting your money! View it as having an awesome time (because it will be) and getting better against the top players in TX ;)

If someone from Austin is willing to give me a ride there and back, I wouldn't mind participating in this. I flippin' love doubles, it's all I do online (singles WiFi blows for Wario anyway). I'm first on GB doubles ladder if anyone is interested in partnering w/ me.

I'm sure if you shoot Hylian a PM he could help you out with the ride.

It will probably take about 4-6 hours to finish (so it'll finish around 6-8 probably) and then people can do whatever Smash related things they want afterwords.

I main Pika, but I can play Wolf, Diddy, and Fox.

I don't know if I am bringing anyone with me. I'll try to find out as soon as possible.
ROB vs Pika?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I know he could get me a ride there, the problem will be getting a rid back within the same day, since I have work the next day.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Hitch a ride with Hylian, partner with me, Double Wario team all the way. :)

To Dallas people, I will probably need a ride from you guys. There's still awhile before the tourney starts but it would be great if I could arrange something beforehand with you guys so that I can go.

Also, Lee I won't do ROB vs Olimar (I just picked Olimar cause I knew he was a b itch for Ganon to handle lol), but you do play as G&W right? We can do a G&W Ditto or another character Ditto other than ROB if you want. Or...

A GANON DITTO!!! Only $5 or $10 though for that

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Hitch a ride with Hylian, partner with me, Double Wario team all the way. :)

To Dallas people, I will probably need a ride from you guys. There's still awhile before the tourney starts but it would be great if I could arrange something beforehand with you guys so that I can go.

Also, Lee I won't do ROB vs Olimar (I just picked Olimar cause I knew he was a b itch for Ganon to handle lol), but you do play as G&W right? We can do a G&W Ditto or another character Ditto other than ROB if you want. Or...

A GANON DITTO!!! Only $5 or $10 though for that
Double Wario would be intense! I'd love to see that. I'm giddy like a school girl about this tourney.

And no, I don't play G&W. You probably saw me play Xyro with G&W, but I haven't used G&W once since the first month of Brawl. I was just super tired & sweaty and I wanted to go home lol.

A Ganon ditto would be amazing!

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
yo Lee i could prolly only make it to one, either this or HOBO, which i think it will be HOBO. Hope you are there so i my Mexican Captain falcon could own yo cracker Ganon.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
A Ganon ditto would be amazing!
Indeed, wanna make it official? $10 MM Ganon Ditto Best 3/5?

*Murder Kicks Lee*

I like the Swiss System, they use it a lot in Chess and it works wonders. I'm confused though, are there gonna be pools with a Swiss System and the best from Pools battle again in Swiss System, or is the System only used once?

Kal

Smash Champion
I beat Fogo in a friendly at Hylian's stupid local tournament. Does that make me pretty good?

Dojo

Smash Champion
I know. Hence why I'm no good. :(
Haha. I don't need friendship. Only victims, remember?

>=D

Besides Santi has my back. :)
...most days.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What are your plans for the rest of this day after the tourney officially ends, Hylian?
I plan on having a long walk on the beach, followed by a delicious meal on my porch while watching the sun set and listening to Van Morrison.

You?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Haha, **** that, I'm not coming then. I want to play some Brawl for a day then come back home to my job (I work on Sunday), not have some some very lonely "romantic outing" XD

Dojo

Smash Champion
I plan on going to Lee's house, getting wasted til I puke out a testicle, taking a dump on the front lawn, then suddenly waking up at 6 in the morning butt naked in the middle of the street with a dead prostitute laying some 30 yards away from me.

O.o

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I already do that weekly... I'm much more comfortable with shooting whores in a drunken rage than with eating a homely dinner w/ a guy.

Kal

Smash Champion
Haha, **** that, I'm not coming then. I want to play some Brawl for a day then come back home to my job (I work on Sunday), not have some some very lonely "romantic outing" XD
kekekekeke

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I really really really hope you know I was joking, because I can't detect any sarcasm in this post lol.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
It was the former; thanks for clearing that up. Good luck, rumor has it he's pretty good :p
Pssh, that guys a noob ;)

I plan on going to Lee's house, getting wasted til I puke out a testicle, taking a dump on the front lawn, then suddenly waking up at 6 in the morning butt naked in the middle of the street with a dead prostitute laying some 30 yards away from me.

O.o
I plan on having a long walk on the beach, followed by a delicious meal on my porch while watching the sun set and listening to Van Morrison.

You?
Those both sound so nice

By the way, who wants to team with me at this one? I need to get a representation of who's coming and who's teaming with who. Make sure to hype this up to your local noobs!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yes, I knew you were joking XD Most of my posts are copiously laced with sarcasm as it were :p

In all seriousness now, though. Would you be spending the night in College Station, or lingering for an extended period of time after the tourney?

Kal

Smash Champion
I'd team with you, Lee, but level 9 Ganon might get upset.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes, I knew you were joking XD Most of my posts are copiously laced with sarcasm as it were :p

In all seriousness now, though. Would you be spending the night in College Station, or lingering for an extended period of time after the tourney?
I will go home the night of the tournament.

Top Bottom