• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Tournaments - Centex2 - Doubles Swiss & Singles 2 Stock! - October 18th

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Attention Sirs:

Please bring just Wiis/SSBB. We DO NOT NEED TVS. Just bring a Wii/SSBB. If you think, "well, they probably have enough already," chances are you're wrong. The more Wiis we get the more friendlies and MMs get played!

Call me at (830) 515-6792 if you have any troubles

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
PLEASE BRING WIIS AND COPIES OF SSBB. YOU WILL GET A DISCOUNT ON YOUR ENTRANCE FEE. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BRING A TV, JUST A WII/SSBB.

We have around 11 TVs free, so PLEASE bring Wiis to fill them. The more Wiis we get the smoother things will run!

DoH: do it!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It was a tournament full of win and awesome. 4 people ganon matches, 4 people pikminless olimar matches, 4 people judgment only matches, LeeHarris ****** Hylian's ICs and Link and Olimar, double Warios (most of the time) coming out of nowhere to take first place in doubles, and hacked brawl goodness.

Srsly, great experience for my first tournament, I loved it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lee Harris had a BBQ party at his place after the trny... I'd be surprised if anyone made it out without a hangover and some unexplainable anal pains.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I really really wish there were vids... especially of peoples' reactions to double Wario XD

"Dude, stop getting in my way!"
"I can't, I don't know what to do, they're all over the place!"

Hahaha, so epic XD Wario thrives so well in doubles, limited room = no options for opponents.

From what I remember of the official listing for doubles:

1st: Team OM NOM NOM (Wario/Wario, Wario/Watch [3 rounds], Wario/Snake [1 round]) {DMG/PhantomX}
2nd: Team Less Suck (Marth/MK) {Dphat/D4ba}
3rd: Infinity/Zack (MK/Watch) [Forgot your team name >_<]
4th: Team Origami (Falco/Watch) {Hylian/Sethlon}

That was all I got. Donno how singles ended b/c I left before it was over, I know Dojo was in the Grand Finals. As far as I'd seen, Infinity was tearing up loser's bracket.

The money match was EPIC, Hylian got 3-0d and he got Olimar, ICs, and Link from Random :p

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Best parts of the tournament:

Hylian / Lee MM
BBQ Party
Booze

By the way guys, Hylian invented a new advanced tactic. It's called the Hylian Spew. I won't go into too much detail, but it involves launching an entire half digested pizza at least 6 feet across my bathroom. It's an awesome trick

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol Lee, too good. Great tournament, and I want to have sex with the store...multiple times. All those Genesis games made my heart stop. I wanted to buy every single Sonic cartridge there....

Every...single...one.

g'dammit Hylian, teaming with Sethlon and not me.

Well, I did...meh.

I'll do better next time.

TonyDpad

Smash Rookie
Thanks to everyone for coming out!!! We had a lot of fun and would love for everyone to come back out for the next tournament we have. To Dallas great job, you guys are solid players and it was fun seeing everyone pwn, everyone else it was great meeting all of you, I would love to learn from some of you guys. I wish i could have gone to drink with you guys but I was a bit tired, maybe next time we can all go to IHOP and have pancakes! The brawl community is one of the best ones that we have here and let us know if there is anything different that we can work on to make your stay a better one next time.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
By the way guys, Hylian invented a new advanced tactic. It's called the Hylian Spew. I won't go into too much detail, but it involves launching an entire half digested pizza at least 6 feet across my bathroom. It's an awesome trick
OMG, I did like the same thing in my friend's kitchen sink that same night. With the time zone difference it was probably about the same time too.

I couldn't get the distance right though, it was more like 3 feet. Either I need to work on my spacing or the breadsticks I ate as well messed with the trajectory.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The brawl community is one of the best ones that we have here and let us know if there is anything different that we can work on to make your stay a better one next time.
More sexy Genesis games.

Also, I saw 3 Nomads sitting on the top shelf on the Genesis' end wall. I almost eyegasmed.

That store has so much awesome stuff that I absolutely MUST have.

Top Bottom