• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Does anyone have a list of the songs and their brstm names? I really dont feel like experimenting and all i wanna do is add some metal to final D and Battlefield \,,/

∫unk

Smash Master
Sorry if you guys have answered this before, I couldn't find the answer.... When Castle Siege transforms it takes about a quarter of a second for the texture to come into effect... is this normal?

How do I fix this?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I think thats normal, have no Idea how to fix that.

Yeh I use 99% of their textures, and some other ones from ESH and KC:MM.
Yeah me too! I just kept it simple and mostly only use their textures.

M@v

Subarashii!
Hey guys, where can I get cursed mk? I used to have him but he got deleted my accident. He's the one who has the skull on his gloves, black cape with the red and white symbol on it, silver mask, and only one red eye in the mask. Any help would be appreciated.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
What are all the things that can caused desynched replays? I know no tripping wii to a regular wii can cause desynchs.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
What are all the things that can caused desynched replays? I know no tripping wii to a regular wii can cause desynchs.
Edited collisions, custom PSA's, complete model replacements (vertex hacks won't do anything), things like piggie brawl, codes that effect the gameplay like no tripping..

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Basically Brawl Replays are like recorded button presses (or something like that), so if you change the conditions of which the replay was originally recorded, such as changing the characters or stages, there will be some desync problems.

freeshooterxigbar2

Smash Apprentice
Ok I really need help. I dont understand why this isnt working. First I treid stages because i thought it would be easier. So I did FD and got a texture. I renamed it " STGFINAL.PAC" to get it to work . Is that right. I already got The Codes folder and have"RSBE01.gct" in it. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

PS If I left out important detail you need to kno in order to answer my question please tell me.

Please help

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Ok I really need help. I dont understand why this isnt working. First I treid stages because i thought it would be easier. So I did FD and got a texture. I renamed it " STGFINAL.PAC" to get it to work . Is that right. I already got The Codes folder and have"RSBE01.gct" in it. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

PS If I left out important detail you need to kno in order to answer my question please tell me.

Please help
Put STGFINAL.pac in a folder in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee.

Your RSBE01.gct in the codes folder must have File Patch Replacement Code v3.5.1.

If you don't understand, go to the first page and follow the guide carefully!

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded M&SG's Yoshi Color Plaza, and along with the .pac, it came with MenSelmapIcon.03.ptl0, MenSelmapIcon.03.tex0, MenSelmapPrevbase.03.tex0, and MenStageSwitch.03.tex0.

Where do I put these?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
They're not necessary for playing the stage, as they're just the stage select icons and stuff. I think you import them into your existing menu files, but I don't know which ones.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I downloaded M&SG's Yoshi Color Plaza, and along with the .pac, it came with MenSelmapIcon.03.ptl0, MenSelmapIcon.03.tex0, MenSelmapPrevbase.03.tex0, and MenStageSwitch.03.tex0.

Where do I put these?
Those extra files are used with the following PAC files...

mu_menumain.pac
sc_selcharacter2.pac
MenuRule.pac
sc_selmap.pac

You don't have to use them, but they're basically extra files to go with my stage texture. The files are like the custom portraits that are included with my fighter texture downloads.

The file names are a hint for what you need to search for in the four PAC files that I've stated.

I've tested the files out myself, and made sure that the game doesn't crash when you use them.

freeshooterxigbar2

Smash Apprentice
Put STGFINAL.pac in a folder in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee.

Your RSBE01.gct in the codes folder must have File Patch Replacement Code v3.5.1.

If you don't understand, go to the first page and follow the guide carefully!

I did all of this and i checked it over like 1000 times. Even when I load the game through gecko os it says found sd codes. Thats why I'm really confused. Deos it matter that I was using training mode to check if they were there? Do I have to use vs or something.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
That doesn't surprise me at all
I really need to figure out why rain desyncs online battles
They told me my battlefield over rayquaza's lake stage is desyncronized in online too (same collisions, boundaries as the original), so it could be something about the speed of the game when you have more models or something like that O.o

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I did all of this and i checked it over like 1000 times. Even when I load the game through gecko os it says found sd codes. Thats why I'm really confused. Deos it matter that I was using training mode to check if they were there? Do I have to use vs or something.
After me, you're the 3rd person (I think) to run into a brick wall with the textures. You can look back 5 pages(ish) to get an idea of what I mean. Anyway, try this (cause it worked for me): take your .PAC texture file and just name it the stage code WITHOUT the ".PAC" extention. So your Final Destination stage would look like this > "STGFINAL" and NOT > "STGFINAL.PAC". I'm not sure why but after that fix, my texture started working. The last guy never responded so I don't know if it is a 100% fix BUT it's worth a try.

Remember, DON'T include the ".PAC" extention and just name it the stage code (ex. "STGFINAL").

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
They told me my battlefield over rayquaza's lake stage is desyncronized in online too (same collisions, boundaries as the original), so it could be something about the speed of the game when you have more models or something like that O.o
No it just desynched in replays taken on other bf hax.
It works out perfectly now online, tested it in like 15 battles with 4 different people..

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
About Yoshi's Island (Brawl) Obstacle Course: When you replace E06 you must also replace E07 and cut the song at its half point. What's the reason? Well, if you just replace E06, when it changes to Winter Obstacle Course will still play! Then when it changes back to Spring or Summer, it goes back to the song you replaced E06 with. Why cut it in half? Because the season will change and if you don't, then the song will just start over again when Winter comes... and that won't sound pretty. Or you could also just change E07 to a different song and have 2 songs on YI (Brawl) Obstacle Course.

The other solution for this is to use Phantom Wing's My Music Swap code to switch Obstacle Course with a song you haven't changed yet and then replace that song accordingly on YI (Brawl) and than you won't have to deal with E07 at all.
When you say that the song should be cut at its half point do you mean halfway between the beginning (sample 0) and the endloop or between the startloop and the endloop? What should the looping be on the song that is cut in half in order to get it to work properly?

camzy

Smash Journeyman
No it doesn't matter.

You must be doing something wrong though. First off, what is your wii? NTSC or PAL?

johnlcb

Smash Rookie
check out my new texture
[URL="http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=7195.msg70631#msg70631[/URL]

TRUEMicah

Smash Rookie
Is there a way that I can play with a character with an edited move-set swap on one slot Vs the same character BUT with their original moveset?

Ex: Sonic Vs. Shadow, Link Vs. Dark Link...???

TRUEMicah

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to use textures and custom stages at the same? If it is possible, how do I do this?

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Here comes my noob question: Can 3D Stage Textures, Custom CHaracter Results screens, and custom CSS's like This one: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...ails/BCSS2.png. Cause my WiFi to Desync?

I'd think that the changes in everything, like the icons, and the positions of the boxes that show the character you have selected, would de-sync over WiFi. I've also heard that 3D Stage textures cause De-Syncs, like Rainy FD.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Is it possible to use textures and custom stages at the same? If it is possible, how do I do this?
Yes. That's all you need to know, since you've kinda implied you already know how to play using each.
(you do mean character textures right)

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
I have a question, im sending my wii in for repairs bcuz it cant read disc and when i get it back i want to re-install homebrew. Can i still install homebrew on the latest version of the wii?

Can someone link me to a tutorial on how to actually obtain homebrew again ive forgotten how to

(link to forums, website, youtube vid any will do plz and thnxs)

yoyox120

Smash Rookie
Hi got 2 questions
1. How do i use the codes i got one but dont know what version it is but it works fine with textures but when i put a stage texture as soon as i pick the stage the game freezes .
2. If i need to get the 3.5.1 then how do i use code manger im clue less with it thanks all

yoyox120

Smash Rookie
I have a question, im sending my wii in for repairs bcuz it cant read disc and when i get it back i want to re-install homebrew. Can i still install homebrew on the latest version of the wii?

Can someone link me to a tutorial on how to actually obtain homebrew again ive forgotten how to

(link to forums, website, youtube vid any will do plz and thnxs)
1. NEVER USE YOUTUBE THEY FAIL
2. Yes you can but you need an SD card and it can be a slight pain in the A**
3. Best place to do it is go to www.wiihacks.com and search 4.2 wii softmod follow the guide made by SonicShadow ok just in case here is the link BEWARE THIS IS FOR THE LATEST VERSION ONLY THAT IS 4.2 OK DO I ON LOWER WIIS AND YOU GET MESSED UP and by the way i get the same error so i just downloaded Neogamma which you will find out about on that site its a backup loader so i just use that ok mate

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
1. NEVER USE YOUTUBE THEY FAIL
2. Yes you can but you need an SD card and it can be a slight pain in the A**
3. Best place to do it is go to www.wiihacks.com and search 4.2 wii softmod follow the guide made by SonicShadow ok just in case here is the link BEWARE THIS IS FOR THE LATEST VERSION ONLY THAT IS 4.2 OK DO I ON LOWER WIIS AND YOU GET MESSED UP and by the way i get the same error so i just downloaded Neogamma which you will find out about on that site its a backup loader so i just use that ok mate
Thanks for the reply, thanks to my wii screwing up i had to take off all my homebrew stuff cuz obvioulsy i wouldnt want it on there sending it to nintendo. Isnt bannerbomb the the source for the new wii homebrew installation?

btw i disagree about the youube thing its the place i first went to install homebrew a while back. Illinialex's video helped a lot

yoyox120

Smash Rookie
Youtube is good guide some times but they fail too often ok mate on one video they told you to never install bootmii 2 and that is the best protection against bricks and by the way do you have an answer to my question i got 3.5.1 NTSC-U and when i put a stage texture of Distant planet the game freezes

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
Youtube is good guide some times but they fail too often ok mate on one video they told you to never install bootmii 2 and that is the best protection against bricks and by the way do you have an answer to my question i got 3.5.1 NTSC-U and when i put a stage texture of Distant planet the game freezes
sorry if i had any idea id answer it but unfortunantely i dont

Top Bottom