• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Youtube is good guide some times but they fail too often ok mate on one video they told you to never install bootmii 2 and that is the best protection against bricks and by the way do you have an answer to my question i got 3.5.1 NTSC-U and when i put a stage texture of Distant planet the game freezes
Got to the Tutorials and Help section. There are guides there on how to use code manager. Post in the official request thread if you have a specific question. I'll help you if you still have problems over there.

Nicole

Smash Champion
"Open code manager and get one of the codes below (based on your region, PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J) and set up your .gct (If you don't know how to do this, just ask someone in the thread, I'm sure they can help! Or you can just create a text file and import it into the code manager)."

- - what's my region, and how do i do this?

Nicole

Smash Champion
^ i brought interest to your IC boards and this is how you thank me?

how do i set up my .gct? also, what is a .gct? i'm very terrible with computer things.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
My friend recorded a replay of him and someone else fighting on Delfino with the Twilight Castle texture, and then he tried to watch the replay with the texture off, but his Wii froze. What the hell?

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
To replay it correctly, you NEED to have the same files. A battle can't take place with the wrong stage data (though technically in your case, it would be the same).

I tried this by removing PSA's and the battle resulted in hilarity. So many suicides.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
^ i brought interest to your IC boards and this is how you thank me?

how do i set up my .gct? also, what is a .gct? i'm very terrible with computer things.
a gct is the file that gets loaded by gecko that actually contains the desired codes. to set up a gct you'll need cheatmanager for your wii/HBC and a txt file with all of your desired codes.

you can get the app here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Cheatmanager

you need to put the text files in the /txtcodes folder on the root (base) of your sd card. from there, just run the app through HBC and use the wiimote to select the codes you want on. you can add codes by editing the text file on your computer.

Nicole

Smash Champion
a gct is the file that gets loaded by gecko that actually contains the desired codes. to set up a gct you'll need cheatmanager for your wii/HBC and a txt file with all of your desired codes.

you can get the app here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Cheatmanager

you need to put the text files in the /txtcodes folder on the root (base) of your sd card. from there, just run the app through HBC and use the wiimote to select the codes you want on. you can add codes by editing the text file on your computer.
thanks bud! i got the textures working, except for the ones that are .rar files instead of .pcs files. is there anything i can do about this or should i just get files that are .pcs?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
thanks bud! i got the textures working, except for the ones that are .rar files instead of .pcs files. is there anything i can do about this or should i just get files that are .pcs?
i believe you need to decompress .rar files. on a PC winzip should do, on a mac it comes with stuffit expander.

right click -> export to /folder-name.

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
one small question. Ill try to explain best i can but im wanting gecko OS back on my homebrew, does the gecko OS install code manager as well or are they 2 different things?

TRUEMicah

Smash Rookie
This problem has been really annoying me for the past week..
I cant find out to accomplish this at ALL...
Is there a code/PSA or some sort of way that will allow me to play with the Brawl+'s version of Link on ordinary Brawl???

I've asked this question on many different areas on this forum but the best answer Ive recieved was from Mr. Chuy who told me this:
all you need is the file patch code if you're using gecko os and/or link's pac for brawl+
Ive moved Brawl+ Link's .pac into Normal Brawl Link's folder and this had no effect at all.
What am I supposed to do?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
it quite literally is just move the FitLink.pac to the link folder on your sd card, and run gecko with a codeset that includes the file patch code.

note, though, that this won't bring over the "no decay", "dash dancing", or any other B+ specific aspects, just his reduced landign lag and attack edits (which are weaker than regular brawl and will still decay like vbrawl).

TRUEMicah

Smash Rookie
Grr.. well that sucks. Well in that case, thanks a lot FrozenHobo. In an ironic twist, You saved me acres of trouble.

MnM

Smash Journeyman
If I wanted to use a CSP, what would be the directory for the file and what would I name it? Would I need a specific code to do this?

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Very Stupid incident:

So yeah, I downloaded a Galactica Knight Texture the other night, and it caused some wierd things to happen in replays that I had involving the Meta Knight Color that I switched it with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMPYZOS8s30

I never really got around to playing with it, just seeing it in one of my few old replays, and getting that wierd replay DeSync thing happening. I played With MK Last night without a problem, so idk if it's just a problem with this particular texture. I re-looked at my download, and apparently it is a model/texture, and came with a fitmotionetc.pac file as well as a FitMetaKnight.pac (I presume that's the model change), but I didn't use it, seeing as I already have a fitmotion file that I am using for Slash colors.

I presume that this wierd replay thing happened because I ignored both of those files. However, let's say this is an issue where I ignored model change files, and I decided to use them: would it cause me to DeSync over WiFi if the model changes Meta Knight Completely? I am somewhat convinced that this is a model problem. I am wondering if model changes will DeSync me over WiFi.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
My friend recorded a replay of him and someone else fighting on Delfino with the Twilight Castle texture, and then he tried to watch the replay with the texture off, but his Wii froze. What the hell?
No this happens only with the dlfino texture

Aeon70

Smash Rookie
I have a question: what's the data to change the character's logo at the result screen?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Very Stupid incident:

So yeah, I downloaded a Galactica Knight Texture the other night, and it caused some wierd things to happen in replays that I had involving the Meta Knight Color that I switched it with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMPYZOS8s30

I never really got around to playing with it, just seeing it in one of my few old replays, and getting that wierd replay DeSync thing happening. I played With MK Last night without a problem, so idk if it's just a problem with this particular texture. I re-looked at my download, and apparently it is a model/texture, and came with a fitmotionetc.pac file as well as a FitMetaKnight.pac (I presume that's the model change), but I didn't use it, seeing as I already have a fitmotion file that I am using for Slash colors.

I presume that this wierd replay thing happened because I ignored both of those files. However, let's say this is an issue where I ignored model change files, and I decided to use them: would it cause me to DeSync over WiFi if the model changes Meta Knight Completely? I am somewhat convinced that this is a model problem. I am wondering if model changes will DeSync me over WiFi.
No:
FitMetaKnightXX.pcs = model and texture file (compressed)
FitMetaKnightXX.pac = model and texture file for certain singleplayer modes that dislike PCS
FitMetaKnight.pac = moveset file, sometimes called PSA (Project Smash Attacks).
FitMetaKnightMotionEtc.pac = as the filename implies, animations and other visual things.

Usually, and in this case, deleting the moveset file should stop any desyncs. Vertex hacks typically won't desync the game. I'm not sure if Animations cause desyncs or not, but if you're still having problems, try deleting that too. The only time a model/texture file might cause desyncs is if it's a model swap or import.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Ladies~ and Gent-le-men~! Today/tonight, I present to you a labor of my work, that required a upwards of 100+ Photoshop layers and tons of TLC! Without further adieu~! I present to you~!....

THE MELON DRESS~!

This texture look me a lot of time and effort to produce, everything from the shadows and highlights to most of the details were redone from scratch. Though admittedly I traced the sleeve and dress bottom's shadows and highlights, I reproduced them on another layer. If you look closely at Peach's ring, you will see I have made a change to it, as well as to here gloves, earrings, the brooch, here lips, and crown jewels, followed by a completely custom dress design! I might make a series out of this if I can figure some things out of the next hack.

This started as something I drew purely as a concept, but then decided to take a crack at with a texture hack.

For now though, enjoy!​

DL the Melon Dress here!

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Does anyone here know the colors corresponding to the numerical values for Zero Suit Samus? I can't find them anywhere on the internet.
Also, the pac name for Smashville.

thnx

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Does anyone here know the colors corresponding to the numerical values for Zero Suit Samus? I can't find them anywhere on the internet.
Also, the pac name for Smashville.

thnx
For Zero Suit Samus...

00 - Blue/Black
01 - Purple/Red
02 - Green/Yellow/Dark Green
03 - Light Blue/Dark Blue/Black
04 - White/Purple
05 - Black/White

And Smashville is STGVILLAGE_00.pac to STGVILLAGE_04.pac. Not sure which is which at the moment, but 04 is probably the one with Totakeke.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is the right place but I'll ask anyways:

Are there any textures for Game & Watch? I mean...he's 2-D with not many animations. It'd seem like he would be the easiest character to give different textures, but I've never seen one.

Top Bottom