• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
His blue texture might not necessarily be FitKoopa03. idk about that though.
It definitely is.

I tested something yesterday. I put a Baby Bowser skin on his Brown costume and called it FitKoopa06. That didn't work either. My directory in my SD card is not messed up either... :confused:

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey, I think this would be the right thread to ask this. Where are the Challenger Approaching Pics located on the iso? and will the sd loader load em'?

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
i have textures for some characters, how come they don't show up ingame, but if i watch the replay, the textures show?? not all characters, but only some (fox, link i can think offhand)

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
on step 3 does the Hz has to be 32000? Because my music became slower & low-toned.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
on step 3 does the Hz has to be 32000? Because my music became slower & low-toned.
You're not changing the resample rate, you're changing something else. This happened to me and my friend as well, so I can tell. We fixed this problem by ditching Goldwave and using Audacity...and then realizing that we could leave the resample rate of the songs as is and that they would all work fine.

Brawl does use 32000 Hz songs though, so that's why its reccommended you change the resample rate usually.

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to do this with a 4GB SD card? cause I did everything perfectly (I re-checked everything more than once.) and it's not working...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Brawl doesn't recognize SDHC cards. Get a 2 gig one for about 5-7 bucks and use that instead.

Edit: Ninja'd by Sage. GGs.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You're not changing the resample rate, you're changing something else. This happened to me and my friend as well, so I can tell. We fixed this problem by ditching Goldwave and using Audacity...and then realizing that we could leave the resample rate of the songs as is and that they would all work fine.

Brawl does use 32000 Hz songs though, so that's why its reccommended you change the resample rate usually.
What does changing the hz actually do? Every song I've ever made has been 41000 because I didn't bother to change it when I converted them to brstm, and the only noticeable difference I've seen is a slightly bigger file size. They sound the same and seem to function the same, so is it really necessary?

Also, does anyone have an unedited set of STGEDIT0/1/2 pacs that they could upload (or link if they've already been uploaded)? I downloaded a package of every unedited stage a while back but it didn't include the custom stages.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Every file in Brawl that's in the data partition that is :p

Triangle.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well yeah...

it's very useful though...seeing as it has nearly EVERY texture, stage, brstm, and I believe it has all of the common#.pacs D:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yes. textures, stage textures, and music will not work.

neither will the .pac files necessary for the latest codeset.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
So for converting mp3 to brstm, where do i get Start.bat? i have Androu1's tool folder but its not in there.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, but for some reason, once I load it, it stopped working right away. A sign "BCSM-GUI has stopped working" occurs.

Atex-Error

Smash Rookie
soo im mak9ing this sonic texture and when i want to change his eyes and shoes white it doesn't happen

how to i make sonic have no eye like he has no pupil his eye is all white

when i try to change his sneakers white it turns pink my friend said this

It's good. Because Sonic's magenta layer makes him shiny so the pink overrides anything in the shoes.

so is it possible to make sonics shoes white

sorry for asking this noobish question

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
My Bowser textures aren't working. They don't show up when i play a match. For example, i named the texture of DryBowser, ''FitKoopa05.pcs''. What's wrong? I don't have the pac file for that texture, because the download didn't give me one. How can i fix this?

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
My Bowser textures aren't working. They don't show up when i play a match. For example, i named the texture of DryBowser, ''FitKoopa05.pcs''. What's wrong? I don't have the pac file for that texture, because the download didn't give me one. How can i fix this?
open the pcs in smashbox and save as pac... itll makeit for you, or export the textures with smashbox and add to the pac of the originl character

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Yep that worked thanks man!! Now i have another problem, not sure if it has anything to do with textures, but i downloaded some textures for Giga Bowser, i called one for example: FitGKoopa05.pcs and it's pac. However, in game, when i change to Giga Bowser, he doesn't change to him xDD.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
might they be here?

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170

this is a link to pretty much every file in brawl.

EDIT: Yes, they are there, I just checked.

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOOKMARKING THAT
Keep note that some files are not properly named. The file, 1.0, is supposed to be named 180001.pac.

Yep that worked thanks man!! Now i have another problem, not sure if it has anything to do with textures, but i downloaded some textures for Giga Bowser, i called one for example: FitGKoopa05.pcs and it's pac. However, in game, when i change to Giga Bowser, he doesn't change to him xDD.
First of all, Giga Bowser only has one texture file, which is FitGKoopa00. All 6 Bowser textures use that single Giga Bowser texture file. Likewise, all 12 Wario textures use a single Wario-Man texture file; FitWarioMan00.

it's FitGigaKoopa, not Gkoopa. I'm pretty sure that's a mistake on falco's part.
FitGKoopa is correct.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I did that change, i changed the folder from: ''gkoopa'' to ''gigakoopa'', and i changed the textures inside them with the changes aswell, but it still doesn't work. I have a PAL wii with some pal codeset. I don't know which version though, because i copied my friend's.

EDIT: I did what the above post said, i named the files: FitGKoopa00.pcs and FitGKoopa00.pac but Bowser still doesn't change to Giga Bowser. In fact, even without a costume he doesn't change O_O. Not that it matters a lot since i never play with Smash Ball, but i want to see the Giga Bowser texture xD.

mjz

Smash Rookie
I can't even get that far. I'm a PAL user so I have exported "File Replacement v2.1a' PAL [Phantom Wings, Y.S.]" to .GCT file, got it in "codes" folder in the root of my SD card (2GB), I got textures in the directory shown in the tutorial (except replacing RSBE with RSBP). Gecko OS 1.9.3 app detects the .GCT and applies the codes but as soon as that is done my screen just stays black.

I really want to be able to use textures and it seems I can't at the moment!:ohwell:

EDIT: does it matter if I'm using a micro SD card?

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
It doesn't. I used a Micro SD before and it worked perfectly. Recently i bought a 2 gig SD card though. Some PAL people seem to have problems installing Brawl+ into their systems, i got lucky because a guy made a ''premaded SD package'' with textures, and everything neccesary to play Brawl+ (not that textures are neccesary.)

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Just a question, but is it possible to make music loop from a point that's not the start? Like from the middle? I think Dr. Mario's theme does this, the first few seconds are only heard once, then it loops from the point after it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did that change, i changed the folder from: ''gkoopa'' to ''gigakoopa'', and i changed the textures inside them with the changes aswell, but it still doesn't work. I have a PAL wii with some pal codeset. I don't know which version though, because i copied my friend's.

EDIT: I did what the above post said, i named the files: FitGKoopa00.pcs and FitGKoopa00.pac but Bowser still doesn't change to Giga Bowser. In fact, even without a costume he doesn't change O_O. Not that it matters a lot since i never play with Smash Ball, but i want to see the Giga Bowser texture xD.
Giga Bowser's textures go in the folder, gkoopa, which you had correct. Also, to use the Giga Bowser texture, you will have to turn on the Smash Ball item, unless you used a code that let's you start matches as Giga Bowser.

P.S.: Giga Bowser's PCS file only works if you start a match as him. Otherwise, only his PAC file will work.

This info must also be taken into consideration for Wario-Man.

OrdoGON

Smash Rookie
I have spent a majority of the day trying to get the textures to work I know everything is right because I download the pack that had everything done for you. When I load up the game it say it found the texture and it loads and applys them. But when I start a fight nothing is different and I know I am doing the naming right and I am choosing the right costume. Can any one help me try to get this work? One last thing I am not using a SD card I am using a flashdrive for all of this is this the problem and if it is is there anyway to fix this without getting a SD card.

mjz

Smash Rookie
It doesn't. I used a Micro SD before and it worked perfectly. Recently i bought a 2 gig SD card though. Some PAL people seem to have problems installing Brawl+ into their systems, i got lucky because a guy made a ''premaded SD package'' with textures, and everything neccesary to play Brawl+ (not that textures are neccesary.)
Ok thanks anyway. I have ordered a 2GB SD and I'm gonna use that like evryone else is, because I have no clear idea on what I've done wrong still.:confused:

I'm probably just firing random stuff now, but on my HBC when I press the home button, on the to right-hand corner, it says IOS61 v19.26. Does this have to do with anything?:confused:

Edit: Forget about the ISO I mentioned, I realised that it doesn't comply with this thread.:embarrass

OrdoGON

Smash Rookie
OK So I went out and bought a 2 Gig SD card (not SDHC) and a SD card Reader ( http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0295211)
I used the pack that is listed here (http://brawlplus.net/download/) which is the pack that does everything for you except putting the character in.
I am using the Ragna (Ike texture) I put it in the ike folder I renamed it FitIke02.pcs
So the ditectory is K:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\ike\FitIke02.pcs.
I go to the home brew channel load up Gecko OS that was included in the pack start up Brawl+. I went to fight picked Ikes 2nd costume and start a fight. Nothing is change is there anything in all of this that I am doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom