• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Get the latest codeset from PW's File Replacement code. Then all stage texture directories go in
SD:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\stage\melee\STGWHATEVER.pcs

Also use the latest Gecko so it will be a surefire take on it.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I have the same problem as many here have mentioned.

I turn the codes on, i start Gecko OS without any problems, Brawl's running fine, the textures aren't working.

I've done every step in the guide, I do NOT have a SDHC card...

Halp....

nvm. I figured it out.

HmmDolce

Smash Rookie
I want to see how they look like first! Can anyone give me a link to a page where they show us?

Atex-Error

Smash Rookie
ummm i have a question

im doing a link texture but it never works

i edit it and then when i go to create it i don't get a pcs whats happening?

i get this

07.tcs and _new.pac

help please?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Make a folder on your SD card called "codes", and put this in it: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iiyy5cfurjy

It doesn't interfere with WiiConnect24 in any way...
I'm not so sure. There have been at least three reported cases of people not seeing textures and not hearing music that they put in. The solution each time was turning WiiConnect24 off. Juuuust sayin.

To describe a case that was dealt with, my friend (irl) had this issue. We were both using the .GCT in the Brawl+ 5.0 RC1 codeset. Everything except the File Patch code worked for my friend, who had WiiConnect24 on. Everything worked fine for me, and I did not have the code on. It couldn't have been the Brawl+ codeset, because none of the codes were disabled for his; we played a few Wifi matches, and never desynched.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
To describe a case that was dealt with, my friend (irl) had this issue. We were both using the .GCT in the Brawl+ 5.0 RC1 codeset. Everything except the File Patch code worked for my friend, who had WiiConnect24 on. Everything worked fine for me, and I did not have the code on. It couldn't have been the Brawl+ codeset, because none of the codes were disabled for his; we played a few Wifi matches, and never desynched.
Brawl+ also uses PAC files which is called by File Patch. So it still doesn't make sense that WiiConnect is the problem. Most times if I had textures or music not working I defragged the SD card and it starts working again.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Brawl+ also uses PAC files which is called by File Patch. So it still doesn't make sense that WiiConnect is the problem. Most times if I had textures or music not working I defragged the SD card and it starts working again.
I never understood why an SD card needs to be defragged, they can only hold so many files, it's not as if they're magnetic or have dozens of moving parts. Either way, the Wii24Connect was no where near a coincidence, since I was able to self-impose such. But hey, having a memory card does this too (from what I last heard, may have changed since.) That said, I suppose Fair Lady Brawl is just a fickle mistress.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I've had WiiConnect24 on since 2007 and File Patch worked for me, but seriously, make a video lol

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Bionic Bro, sadly that won't be happening any time soon, coz I've got no way to. So, like I said, I suppose Fair Lady Brawl is just a fickle mistress.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I think it would be useful to update the OP's music section with how to use/edit the info.pac file and how to use/edit the mu_menumain.pac file. please also state the directory for the mu_menumain file is root/private/wii/app/rsbe/pfmenu2 NOT pf/menu2. useful for those who dont know.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
ummm i have a question

im doing a link texture but it never works

i edit it and then when i go to create it i don't get a pcs whats happening?

i get this

07.tcs and _new.pac

help please?
use BrawlBox or brawlscape for texture editing, ASH (I assume youre using?) is waaay outdated.

Sparke

Smash Rookie
Yo whats the code with the Infitinte Camera zoom and rotate? i had it but i lost it. and the link i got it from is dead and expired. that and the unlimited replay saver

Also how do i get the character selecter to change to the texture i have for example i have a roy marth picture but i changed the texture to belmont yet the picture is still there how do i remedy this

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
It's in the Brawl+ codeset, so you might find it within that. Though I forget if the GCT labels everything...

EDIT: I was right.

Infinite Replays
040EB804 60000000

Unrestricted Pause camera
040A7D60 4E800020
04109D88 38800001

Unrestricted Replay Camera (6 lines)
0409E934 60000000
0409E93C 60000000
0409E9AC FC201890
0409E9B8 FC600090
0409E9BC FC000890
0409E9C8 FC001890

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
can anyone tell me how to replace small portrait tgas? I can't seem to find a guide anywhere.

I have small tga files ready to go. I have tried putting them in the "new files" folder in cupash and running step 2. If I'm correct, the converted tgas should be in the portrite folder, unfortunately the folder is empty.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You mean the color titles? He doesn't have any due to all of his costumes being in a single pac. file.

Sparke

Smash Rookie
It's in the Brawl+ codeset, so you might find it within that. Though I forget if the GCT labels everything...

Infinite Replays
040EB804 60000000

040A7D60 4E800020
04109D88 38800001

0409E934 60000000
0409E93C 60000000
0409E9AC FC201890
0409E9B8 FC600090
0409E9BC FC000890
0409E9C8 FC001890
So do i just Add this codes along with the codes i already have in the code manager load the text file and save as GCT right?

LxTrix

Smash Rookie
You mean the color titles? He doesn't have any due to all of his costumes being in a single pac. file.
So it would be just FitGamewatch00?

I have a few other questions, since i'm fairly new to this, i apologize id they have been asked and i'm sure they have. A FAQ would be great.

1. So do you have to replace the original colors? Can you add more? for example, captain falcons titles are this

Captain Falcon
00-Original
01-Blood Hawk
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pink

what if i added 06, would it work?

2. Is there a way to make the custom textures show in the selection screen?

Sparke

Smash Rookie

Infinite Replays
040EB804 60000000

040A7D60 4E800020
04109D88 38800001

0409E934 60000000
0409E93C 60000000
0409E9AC FC201890
0409E9B8 FC600090
0409E9BC FC000890
0409E9C8 FC001890
So do i just Add this codes along with the codes i already have in the code manager load the text file and save as GCT right?

Also how do i change the character on the selction screen. for example i have a roy marth but i replaced it with a Bleach character yet the Roy marth still shows on the Selection screen. but plays with the new texture. how do i fix this

ds22

Smash Lord
So it would be just FitGamewatch00?

I have a few other questions, since i'm fairly new to this, i apologize id they have been asked and i'm sure they have. A FAQ would be great.

1. So do you have to replace the original colors? Can you add more? for example, captain falcons titles are this

Captain Falcon
00-Original
01-Blood Hawk
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pink

what if i added 06, would it work?

2. Is there a way to make the custom textures show in the selection screen?
1. Because there isn't a FitCaptain06 file programed in the ISO, it will never work.

2. There is, by using brawlbox to switch the pictures in the common5.pac file.

Sparke

Smash Rookie

Also how do i change the character on the selction screen. for example i have a roy marth but i replaced it with a Bleach character yet the Roy marth still shows on the Selection screen. but plays with the new texture. how do i fix this
So how about my question gettin answerd

LxTrix

Smash Rookie
"brawlbox to switch the pictures in the common5.pac "

where can i get a guide to do this?

Sparke

Smash Rookie

Can i get some help?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
"brawlbox to switch the pictures in the common5.pac "
where can i get a guide to do this?
try playing around with this first. it's actually quite easy. Run brawlbox, open common5, open up each of those sub fodlers until you find what you are looking for. TBH I don't know what it is yo're looking for, but if it'a pictures, then just keep your eyes out for folders that says "texture". don't worry about the rest. if it's CSPs, then its ARC_bust_tex or whatever it is. replacing stuff is as easy as right clicking.

Also how do i change the character on the selction screen. for example i have a roy marth but i replaced it with a Bleach character yet the Roy marth still shows on the Selection screen. but plays with the new texture. how do i fix this. Can i get some help?
a Character you see on the selection screen has nothing to do with the character in the game. think of the "picture" you see on the selection screen as a label that describes which character color you're selecting. run brawlbox, open common5.pac, open the arc_char_bust_tex folder, and look through the subfolders to find marth, i think he was number 16, somewhere around there. find the roy picture and replace it with whatever bleach pic you want.

im still having problems w/ #3.
i dont understand that part very well
instruction #3? What don't you understand? you make a txt file, paste the file replacement codes in there. You need this if you expect to see any textures appear. This code tells your wii to take textures that are on your SD card to replace the default ones in the game. Anyway save it, run code manager and open this txt file. you should have a short list on the left window that has an unchecked "file replacement" code. check it off, then click on the big "Export GCT" button at the bottom. save it wherever, save it as rsbe01.gct.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
that vid posts incorrect instructions if you want to change portraits. sc_selmap contains map textures, sc_selchar contains the character content.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
What do you name the .PAC file when trying to apply a texture to Smashville? Smashville is not listed in the OP.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
for maps like smashville where there are multiple pacs for that one stage you need extra bits to them than normal ones. for smashville you gotta do STGVILLAGE_##.pac the ## goes from 00 to either 04 or 05 i don't remember, but it's got multiple ones because of the way they made smashville, different ones load depending on the time on your Wii, if it was getting late, they'd load the night time version of smashville for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom