• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starshadow76

Smash Cadet
@Jokey665

My team made them. And it really confuses my as to why we can't use the temple one. Which is why it's got to be the code.

Revven

FrankerZ
I am going to update the thread with a proper and pretty neat guide later tonight when I get some time. Please have patience.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
@Jokey665

My team made them. And it really confuses my as to why we can't use the temple one. Which is why it's got to be the code.
I see.... since your team made them, you know where to put it, and since the others worked, you're probably not doing anything wrong unless you made a tiny mistake.... Maybe the melee stage textures don't work yet? I don't know... but you also said Skyworld didn't work. I didn't know your team even had a Skyworld texture!

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I'm having some trouble finding this in the thread, but what folder do you make for a CSP? I read somewhere in the thread that it's portrite, but are there any subfolders you need?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
I'm having some trouble finding this in the thread, but what folder do you make for a CSP? I read somewhere in the thread that it's portrite, but are there any subfolders you need?
I don't think it works with these codes yet...

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't think it works with these codes yet...
No, it doesn't I don't believe. That's something also on PW's agenda when he releases another new version of the code.

Going to start updating the OP, if anyone can, send me a tutorial on how to MAKE textures. Because I have no ****ing clue where to start. :laugh:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So do I have to replace an existing texture with the hacked one? For instance, Samus has six existing textures. Could I save one to my SD card as FitSamus06.pcs?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
No, it doesn't I don't believe. That's something also on PW's agenda when he releases another new version of the code.

Going to start updating the OP, if anyone can, send me a tutorial on how to MAKE textures. Because I have no ****ing clue where to start. :laugh:
I hope the new version of the code also includes music swapping, I'd love to get some of that. Of course, this has been said a million times already...

Ummm... ]EE[ had a tutorial before they shut down and on Team Twilight's forum before it shut down. Someone has to have it saved. *Should have saved it just in case*

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So do I have to replace an existing texture with the hacked one? For instance, Samus has six existing textures. Could I save one to my SD card as FitSamus06.pcs?
I think not, the default is 00, so the highest one would be 05. But make sure to have it in the right order when you put it in that way.

private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/fighter/samus/FitSamus0*.pcs

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I hope the new version of the code also includes music swapping, I'd love to get some of that. Of course, this has been said a million times already...

Ummm... ]EE[ had a tutorial before they shut down and on Team Twilight's forum before it shut down. Someone has to have it saved. *Should have saved it just in case*
Link please? Can't find it on Google.

4Serial

Smash Lord
i just tried this out and it works great =D

only problem was that some of my textures didn't work at all and i completely lost track of what textures i had and could only check by playing in game. if they showed on the CSS it would make things a lot easier lol

other than that, for the few minutes i was playing around looking at the awesome texture hacks, i did not experience any freezes or bugs. awesome stuff ^^ i was almost sure i messed up putting the textures and codes on my sd card, but it's simple and easy.

Revven

FrankerZ
I updated the OP with a clear and concise guide. If anyone can write up a Stage Guide for me and PM me it, that'd be great! I also need a texture making guide as well for those who actually want to make their own.

4Serial

Smash Lord
the problem with making textures for people who are just starting to use this hack is that, originally, people would take the texture files of a character from the ISO and edit them. we don't have the ISO files.. so we would need to access them before editing <_< I'm sure there are even legal issues with distributing said files so we would need to find ISO's anyways to get them.
and the next thing is the tutorials and guides that were made ages ago and are now.. lost?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
I updated the OP with a clear and concise guide. If anyone can write up a Stage Guide for me and PM me it, that'd be great! I also need a texture making guide as well for those who actually want to make their own.
So 1.3 works now?

Anyways, putting in stages is pretty easy. Just make a 'stage' folder next to the 'fighter' folder, and then a 'melee' and an 'adventure' folder. Put boss textures into the adventure folder (The name is a bunch of numbers, it's usually part of the file name on stack smash), and normal stage textures into the melee folder. Stage textures generally have the name 'STG______', but the ______ varies.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
So 1.3 works now?

Anyways, putting in stages is pretty easy. Just make a 'stage' folder next to the 'fighter' folder, and then a 'melee' and an 'adventure' folder. Put boss textures into the adventure folder (The name is a bunch of numbers, it's usually part of the file name on stack smash), and normal stage textures into the melee folder. Stage textures generally have the name 'STG______', but the ______ varies.
Last time I tried 1.3, it kept freezing on me. So I went back to 1.1 o.o

Adapt

Smash Lord
You forgot to remind people about selecting ZSS with V1.1

I'm guessing that will be eliminated soon anyway, but I saw at least one person going through the same thing that I did

sorakun13

Smash Rookie
I have tried this code and the old one many times, gone over the folders hundreds of times. I can't get it to work at all... i have gecko OS 1.07b and HomeBrew 8. I've gone over all the steps many times. Can any one help?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm having trouble making my custom textures with Sonic, Yoshi, and Fox.

For Example 01Blaster001

maximum colors allowed 256

if your image has a bigger palette, it will corrupt the texture.

If i say yes it ignorges it, if I say no it continues on.

So far my result with characters with problems like this have either frozen or shown their original textures. I assigned my custom sonic texture to green sonic and I got Normal Sonic.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Anyone have problems with Pikachu? I tried him and 5 others, and he was the only one that didn't work even after 3 or 4 battles each time loading up the texture properly. I really wish this code wasn't so long, I want to use awesome textures, but Brawl+ is more important

jokey665

Smash Ace
Anyone have problems with Pikachu? I tried him and 5 others, and he was the only one that didn't work even after 3 or 4 battles each time loading up the texture properly. I really wish this code wasn't so long, I want to use awesome textures, but Brawl+ is more important
I got Falconchu, Pedochu, and Pichu to load fine. You might have named the folder wrong or something.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thanks, I guess I messed up somewhere, because Falconchu didn't work for me. At least now I know that texture works for somebody, I'll get it working at some point.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I have tried this code and the old one many times, gone over the folders hundreds of times. I can't get it to work at all... i have gecko OS 1.07b and HomeBrew 8. I've gone over all the steps many times. Can any one help?
Refer to the first post to make sure you have everything in order. :) After that, try again and make sure the Wii stops beeping at the CSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom