• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
i tried a texture effect for marth's sword (red slash) today, and when i added it, the sound effects while attacking were gone. same for link. is that supposed to happen or did i do something wrong?
no solutions?

and i experienced another problem, but i dont really know if its due to texture hacks. when i take a smashball as bowser or samus it doesnt work correctly (tested it only in training though). they dont transform at all (and i have the pac files btw). any ideas?

Revven

FrankerZ
I will update the OP with an official music guide tonight. I will link to the appropriate tools and what have you and make it as SIMPLE as possible. This way, you uneducated folks understand it better.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I posted this question in the texture database and got no answer there so I'll ask here.
I downloaded some stage textures yesterday, since I didn't already have the stage folder in the pf folder I just made one, then added the melee folder inside the stages folder, so I put the textures in the stage folder in they belonged in. So my thing is I started playing my character texture hacks are working but not my stage textures.
Why aren't the stage textures working?

jokey665

Smash Ace
So I got this working, just replaced the menu music to start with to see if I did it right. Well the music played fine... mostly. It would play a high pitch screech kind of noise for a split second every 4-5 seconds or so, sometimes more frequently and sometimes less frequently. It did this for each of the four songs I tried. Not sure what's causing it.

MrMinnow

Smash Rookie
So I got this working, just replaced the menu music to start with to see if I did it right. Well the music played fine... mostly. It would play a high pitch screech kind of noise for a split second every 4-5 seconds or so, sometimes more frequently and sometimes less frequently. It did this for each of the four songs I tried. Not sure what's causing it.
Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm getting this too.

Revven

FrankerZ
Check to make sure you guys set it to 32000 Hz and didn't keep it at 41000 Hz or whatever the song was originally at. (Just checking to make sure).

Other than that, it could be because it's the SD Card or it is in fact the code. In any case, I added the guide and stated that the code is still fairly new so it is to be expected to see bugs happening. I didn't replace the File Replacement 2.1a with the new one because of that fact.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Music:

-I used Brstms from other games I got from EliteSmashHackers.
-The music had lots of static.
-When I loaded a course playing that music in VS. or training mode, the characters would repeatedly die as they spawned, and the camera moved to the top right corner of the screen and stopped there.
-When I ended the match, the game froze.

MrMinnow

Smash Rookie
I tried the code by itself without Brawl+ on and I didn't get the glitching in the music, so I'm assuming it's something in the code.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Check to make sure you guys set it to 32000 Hz and didn't keep it at 41000 Hz or whatever the song was originally at. (Just checking to make sure).
I made sure they were all 32khz
Music:

-I used Brstms from other games I got from EliteSmashHackers.
-The music had lots of static.
-When I loaded a course playing that music in VS. or training mode, the characters would repeatedly die as they spawned, and the camera moved to the top right corner of the screen and stopped there.
-When I ended the match, the game froze.
I actually had this death glitch occur as well, but I assumed it was from other codes I was using as I was trying a different codeset at the time.

Sails

Smash Ace
Does the new file loading code not load the info_en.pac and mu_menumain_en.pac's? I can't seem to get them to load my changes to them...

Slashy

Smash Lord
Audacity has an plugin called amplify, which automatically increases the audio without distortion. You don't need to change the resample rate to 32000HZ either.

Revven

FrankerZ
can someone help me on looping the song because my song isn't looping and i dont know what to do :/
Do you mean with the software or the Androu's tool? If it's the tool, read the guide I made in the OP, if it's software you have to meddle with cutting it at where you feel the song will loop well. Otherwise, if it fades out, it's kinda tricky. If it's a vocal song, I usually just leave it alone and cut out the LONG fade it has so when it ends, it goes right back to the beginning with no long pause of no music.

Looking forward to Falco's guide to adding your own music.
I actually made it earlier today, it's the last guide right under stages, I just updated it with the newer code so have at it! :)

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Do you mean with the software or the Androu's tool? If it's the tool, read the guide I made in the OP, if it's software you have to meddle with cutting it at where you feel the song will loop well. Otherwise, if it fades out, it's kinda tricky. If it's a vocal song, I usually just leave it alone and cut out the LONG fade it has so when it ends, it goes right back to the beginning with no long pause of no music.
well i don't know which but when i play in brawl and the song ends it doesnt play the song again its just quiet. do you know what i should do?

Revven

FrankerZ
well i don't know which but when i play in brawl and the song ends it doesnt play the song again its just quiet. do you know what i should do?
Then you messed up on Androu1's tool. You must have hit enter when it was asking for the ending length of the song. I recommend you go back with the same song and go through Androu1's tool up to that point and open up the length.txt file (it should have appeared in Androu1's tool folder) and look for the part of the text file that clearly says "Length: XXXXXX samples" and type in the number given as there are two parts to the looping process: beginning and ending, what happened here was you typed in the beginning length (0 which is always the case) but not the ending length. Go back and do that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm trying it and I'm at the step where I have to run start.bat. I get this:

*BRSTM files* <in \OriginalSongs>
Files Not Found
Type the name of the song without the extension:

I followed all the steps, what did I do wrong?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Same with me Lil'E. I didn't realize what I was getting was the prompt for step 8, but yea, step 7 did not occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom