• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That awkward moment...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The moment you realize the two people on the setup want to play against each other and not you, after you've been beating them for 40 minutes straight.

Cheebs

Smash Apprentice
When the guy you're playing against messes up indefinitely but says he didn't push that button when we all know he did

Zone

Smash Champion
Running in on someone and doing nothing but you push off the person shielding and they try to grab you so they hit a but since they were pushed off they Nair to their death

Jonas

Smash Champion
when the winner tries to switch characters
and the loser is saltily mashing start to get into the rematch and avenge themselves
Hahaha amazing

I need to stop doing this. They just press B before you get to select a stage and say "wait up man, gotta change my character"

Related to character changing, it's extremely awkward when someone switched to a low tier character. Then you switch to a low tier aswell, but then the other guy says "hey, I want a serious match to see how well I can do with this terrible character" and you try to explain how you're also sort of serious with your low tier character.

Oskar

Smash Cadet
Related to character changing, it's extremely awkward when someone switched to a low tier character. Then you switch to a low tier aswell, but then the other guy says "hey, I want a serious match to see how well I can do with this terrible character" and you try to explain how you're also sort of serious with your low tier character.
To be fair most low tier vs low tier matchups are incredibly boring.

I personally hate how whenever I pick a low tier in friendlies everyone takes it as their cue to pick dumb characters they don't actually play. :(

Zone

Smash Champion
Some guy trying to get Downs on your controller in teams and he has no teammate and you're trying to get sync'd with your doubles partner, get a partner guys >.>; teams should swap out not half a team

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
When your new and you ask a question and the person you ask gives you the "LOLyoudunknownub?" look. I get it a lot xP

If someone is doing a long ICG on someone else. Thats pretty awkward.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
For me it was attending a fest with People who have played Melee for years while I had just picked it up and calling next after watching an intense set.

Obviously I knew I was going to get pooped on, but it just feels awkward to know ahead to time that I'm gonna look like utter **** to the next person who wants to play after like one game.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
When you come across 2 people hogging a tv at a tournament and you ask if they want to do some kind of rotation and you get no response.

CaptainRanD0

Smash Apprentice
any mistake that turns out to be better then what you were going to do.

and when you try doing some fancy off stage kill but you sd and your opponent lives. -.-

oh and being a noob in general is pretty akward

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
Trying to recover on YS, getting edgeguarded.
Misfire!
"yes!"
Flies over stage
no jump
start mashing downB
no cyclone
"OH ****."
dead.

Jake13

Smash Lord
when you attack your teams partner in tourney after both opponents die and not realizing its your partner... even after they tell you

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
when your character is climbing the ledge on YS, then Randall comes out and your character does the ledge climb animation on top of randall... in midair.

whenever that's happened, even in a serious match... myself and the other play just sorta freeze, it looks so janky lmao

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^I LOVE THIS SO MUCH LMAO
it's just the best thing ever

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Also, this happened to me in a tourney match. I was playing doubles, as sheik with falcon, against another sheik and falcon. The whole match looked a bit weird, and when I lost the game my partner looked happy, one of my opponents looked happy, and the other opponent looked sad. Turns out I was teaming with my opponent against the other opponent and my teampartner.

Life

Smash Hero
Running in on someone and doing nothing but you push off the person shielding and they try to grab you so they hit a but since they were pushed off they Nair to their death
The only thing I one-hundred-percent-without-a-doubt HATE in Melee is this. (I assume this is why Brawl has a ledge-slip animation so you don't die if you get pushed off. Not to start a Brawl discussion, of course)

Entering both Brawl and Melee in the same tournament and getting called for your round for both at the same time. (Yes, TOs usually split the events to avert this, but it's not always possible)

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
Also when people complain about camping... or keep SD'ing and getting mad about it.. or when they keep saying "I airdodged" or "I teched that", when clearly they got hit. Or when they keep johning about their controller.
yeah

I hate when something really is wrong with your controller and when you mention it they instantly think you're johning...

when before you start a match you say your controllers messed up...then you win...

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
When you start to play team friendlies, and your teammate tries to save you early in the match, but the move goes right through you...

"god damnit, who forgot to turn friendly fire on"

Top Bottom