• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THC 5: TAJ Has Cash

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Off the top of my head:
The patch changed Temple M's skin to become like Skyward Sword. It modified the computer's AI to wavedash and L-cancel. It modified the random character selection to not choose Yellow Mario 60% of the time. It modified some sort of dash mechanics in Melee characters, so far as I know.

But, just in general, as it's a beta that we're playing, it hypothetically doesn't matter if we play with the patch or not so long as we don't plan on going to some huge Project M tourney outside of Arizona before they finish the final patch (which is not even announced yet). Especially since the patch doesn't change some huge balance issue like nerfing Peach's downsmash or Falco's laser or something.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Well hopefully everyone can download it in time for the tournament or do it at the tournament (if possible)!

nicktra

Smash Rookie
is this going to be a project m tournament or a melee cuz i only wanna do melee and i can't make it till 4 pm but i got cash i can give you guys 20 bucks

Corigames

Smash Hero
You could always just play friendlies, there are plenty of people, myself included, that are heavy on playing friendlies with people at any chance possible. I don't think we can start singles as late as 4pm, since it usually takes long enough when we start at 1pm.

Bring a GC controller. There will be Melee. It will be glorious.

nicktra

Smash Rookie
i kno i don't get outta work untill 3:30 pm my boss won't let me out any further :(:( and do you guys know when tha next melee local tournament will be here so i can plan ahead like a month or so ahead so i can tell my boss! ya dig lol but i can't meak it to this one any earler than 3 45 pm :(

thanks for tha edit tip and chipotle !!! woop woop!! lol

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
1. It's a Melee tournament. Project: M is a side tourney that is being run.
2. 4 PM is probably fine for singles, but don't be any later than that.
3. You only need $5 for entry fee for singles, but bringing extra is safer if you want to get food afterwards and stuff. (which btw, Tai, I suggest we go to Chipotle)
4. Yes, bring your own GC controller.
5. There's an Edit button right next to the quote, multiquote, and quick reply buttons so that you don't have to double post.

Saffy

Smash Ace
OH GOD CHIPOTLE?
please bring me.

EDIT: I am also bringing a TV, Brawl/Project M set up, and a power strip.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
OH GOD CHIPOTLE?
please bring me.

EDIT: I am also bringing a TV, Brawl/Project M set up, and a power strip.
There'll be plenty of room in our car if you wanna come. Only John/Xander/I are going to be in it. (Maybe minus Xander if he can't go) {Prolly gonna have to bring Tai and Jeff as per tradition}

Saffy

Smash Ace
Nah Okami I can not accept that :I I shouldn't eat anyways I'm on a diet .

But when is a good time to show up? :o

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Around noonish is pretty good. Ideally, I'd like to start at 1pm. realistically we'll start at 2pm as Tucson starts rolling up.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well I can't go anyways I don't have any money. :/ lol
Well I have like $5 in change ._.

:phone:
I spent this morning frying bacon and chopping up a salad so I can eat at the tourney without spending $ :awesome:

On a side note, anyone want some bacon?

Saffy

Smash Ace
Hahaha that's awesome Cori.. but I think I might be the only person in the world who actually hates bacon ._. It's too salty for me. I'm not a big meat eater.

And alright I think I'm going to head out in 15 mins. Can someone maybe help me carry a tv inside? It's pretty big :(

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Bacon is fantastic. I can hold dat salt.

And yes, I can carry a TV.

Playing Diablo 3 while I wait for everyone to show up. :happysheep:

oksas

oak-sauce
yo rubyiris, are you gonna post the PM results or am i?

also, thanks a lot to Tony/Rob especially for being so hospitable, and thanks to everybody that came. and lol at falco400 finding his way into the thread to pimp the patch :p

Saffy

Smash Ace
Fun tournament . I suck at project m D:. and shoutouts to killing my partner twice in one match in project m... fsmash too goood.
Taj thank you for the wonderful tournament i'll attend the next one for sure.

Also Kyle you are hella sexy <3333 Grats on winning bb <3

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i'll post the results and vids whenever it tickles my fancy to

probably tomorrow night. i'm busy tonight and tomorrow during the day.

oksas

oak-sauce
is anyone going from tucson that wants to give lil ol me a ride

or maybe i should try:

which one of you going up from tucson is giving me a ride

Top Bottom