• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Alabama Power Rankings: Image=protier

Status
Not open for further replies.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Cam, are you back in AU? I'd like to play some before i go back to school on the 8th. Let me know if any of you guys are in AU and are willing to play.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Wait, what scrubby MKs are we losing to again? All the MKs sprouting up in AL are at the very least decent. I haven't seen any winning tournaments that are just spamming dsmash and tornado. Did I miss something?
apparently. i dunno if you're trying to start something by coaxing me into naming names. but lots of people are pulling out MK now as their secondaries now, and none of those MKs are very polished. and we are seeing unknown MK scrubs placing higher than they should in alabama tournaments for sure.

I don't know, I wouldn't shield too much against even a decent MK. I mean, I guess if you have grenades to pull out and punish Metaknight for attacking your shield, then it works, but otherwise MK will eat your shield with tilts and tornado (or he'll just grab you). Maybe I'm just biased because Pikachu has a super small shield?
all you have to do is shield tornado. in most cases you can punish it as well, or bait MK into doing something you can punish. tornado doesn't eat away a shield THAT much. you can block it bro. an MK that's mixing up his attacks and playing smart, well that's a good metaknight, and not really what i'm talking about.

I think you mainly have to be patient against MK in order to win. Patience is something I've noticed the professional players have that we amateur players lack. Also, it's good to know where and how to punish his shuttle loop. It's like the most predictable thing Metaknight players do because they think they won't be punished for it.
100% troof

Stalling is really dumb with Metaknight, especially on stages like smashville where he can stall under the stage and forward B to either side at the last second. I believe over half the cast can't do anything about it. I wish there was a clear way to identify stalling, but there's not. Sometimes it's really obvious, but sometimes it isn't. If I retreat to get a better position, that could look like stalling. Camping could look like stalling too. I mean, what if I'm facing ICs and I refuse to get close to them? I think that could be construed as stalling.
running away is different from making yourself unattackable.
running away the whole match = dc's wario on brinstar = camping, which is fine.
making yourself unattackable = cape glitch = planking = stalling = should be banned
i dont even think its that hard to identify. and honestly dudes aren't REALLY stalling much anymore, so that's good.
but planking needs to be made illegal completely. because it has been conclusively shown that metaknight literally can not be attacked by any character while doing it. its the EXACT same thing as cape glitching.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Lol at Rock, Paper, Scissors, but with 30 options.

Meta Knight covers 29 out those 30 options with whatever he's doing. Airdodge? Bait it... or not... your crap recovers too fast and if they did an attack then your stuff will just outspace/outprioritize them and if they shift momentum then your stuff has such amazing hitbox coverage that they'll still get hit. Shield? pfft, do anything you want, their shield gets wrecked, they get poked, they get wrecked and if they jump out of shield your poke magically turns into an anti-air and if they JC Upsmash then you get a counterhit and if they JC UpB then your stuff has so much range/maneuverability that you dodge their attack and then you get a free... free-ER... hit.

Notice I didn't specify any of Meta Knight's moveset in these situations. That's because all of his moves cover all of his options.

Also, I love Slam.
Also, I think Meta Knight should be banned.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
apparently. i dunno if you're trying to start something by coaxing me into naming names. but lots of people are pulling out MK now as their secondaries now, and none of those MKs are very polished. and we are seeing unknown MK scrubs placing higher than they should in alabama tournaments for sure.
I'm really not trying to start something, but I honestly don't know who you are talking about. Every noob Metaknight player I've seen at tournament hasn't gotten very far. Maybe you think some people are scrubby with MK who actually aren't? If you don't want to call them out (thereby starting something) then feel free to PM me. I kind of have an idea who you think is scrubby, but I don't know if you have played them recently. Maybe I'm wrong and there are some that have done better than they should have.

all you have to do is shield tornado. in most cases you can punish it as well, or bait MK into doing something you can punish. tornado doesn't eat away a shield THAT much. you can block it bro. an MK that's mixing up his attacks and playing smart, well that's a good metaknight, and not really what i'm talking about.
If they are a scrub, then yes, all you have to do is shield tornado. Like Dan said though, defaulting to shield against a halfway decent MK will get you punished. He can use dtilt and ftilt to really lower your shield (and there's not really any response out of shield that is fast enough to punish him). Also, in my case, Pikachu's shield is notoriously small. So, if the MK is smart with tornado, then he can poke through even if I am tilting it. But I guess this is irrelevant since you are talking about a bad MK player.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
but im with cam on the face that idk who else uses mk in AL for real besides me and rag.
i cant think of any mk's ive seen around. other than dan use to. idk who youre talking about either janitor but thats cool if you dont wanna name drop and be that kind of *****. that straight.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I figure it's targeted at people like me who play MK as their secondary. I play MK on Brinstar, RCruise, vs. ICs, and stages like Delphino depending on the match-up.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I mean, it's like if I said you guys are losing to a bunch of scrubby Snake players, but I don't want to name names. You would be like wtf? who are you talking about?

I don't want to start something, but I don't agree that Alabama has scrubby MKs who are placing well.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol Zero is wise. xD We had many Metaknight Dittos, and it's pretty fun to disrespect people with Metaknight by doing crazy **** and suiciding by it.

:I AT THE LATEST THE NEW OP WILL BE UP BY NEXT SUNDAY (*not this Sunday*

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
KOLAAAAAA I WANT GLOOM RIGHT NOW!

loljk

but really.

no im kidding or am i?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Let's work on this mess. I'd be happy to give another list if necessary. I want to see some drive in this state, and I think making another top ten would help.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Its too easy to get into top 10 right now, with Will_ no longer playing, zero having left the state, and a lot of people just no longer active. Top 8 now is easier than the top 10 was two years ago, it should be more difficult, not less!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Whatever works. Just don\'t make the numbers to choose from too small, like Top 5.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Its too easy to get into top 10 right now, with Will_ no longer playing, zero having left the state, and a lot of people just no longer active. Top 8 now is easier than the top 10 was two years ago, it should be more difficult, not less!
I have to agree with this.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Let's work on this mess. I'd be happy to give another list if necessary. I want to see some drive in this state, and I think making another top ten would help.
QFT

A power ranking should not be set in stone. Adding more slots let's it fluctuate more and that is good. It gives people something to aim for and, if a spot is in jepordy, something to defend. Having a PR that changes can't possibly have a negative effect on our tourney attendance.

I'm fine with that. Should we give input after January?
Considering most of AL is going to go to either Daphne or Birmingham or both and that Zero left, I'd say that's probably a good idea, but why wait until January to start talking about it? Maybe wait till February to start discussing it?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Keyword in my post, after January.
^

Anyway I'm going to assume not much will change but it would help wonders with the Slam/Ragnarok disputes. I could also get my deserved lower placing. Yeeee

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I mean, it's like if I said you guys are losing to a bunch of scrubby Snake players, but I don't want to name names. You would be like wtf? who are you talking about?

I don't want to start something, but I don't agree that Alabama has scrubby MKs who are placing well.
i dont mean to say that our power ranked players are consistently losing to unknown MKs, but I have seen on a few occasions where random MK scrubs are getting wins against relatively decent players and not placing last, like they should. they're not "placing well", but they're often placing better than their actually skill at the game would predict. watch now at the next tournament i'm going to get 3 stocked by an unknown MK.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
i dont mean to say that our power ranked players are consistently losing to unknown MKs, but I have seen on a few occasions where random MK scrubs are getting wins against relatively decent players and not placing last, like they should. they're not "placing well", but they're often placing better than their actually skill at the game would predict. watch now at the next tournament i'm going to get 3 stocked by an unknown MK.
Ok, I can agree with that.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Will I be that MK Janitor? :awesome:

Oh and there should be a rule. Thou Shalt Not Be a First Ranketh If Thou Doeth Not Use Metaknight.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think top ten would be good. new people can get on and then that will motivate them to get better and people to beat them.
i think it is obvious our state is not the best already so our PR does not have to be that strong. instead i think we should just focus on what we have and accept where we are it and then aim with everything we have got to improve competition in our state.

idk lol

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Slam made a nice point.

Another thing, Slam if at all possible I'd like to see you and Ragnarok play each other. Be it in a MM/Bracket/Crew match. I need data for that.

I need to see Janitor vs Cheap/Slam/Ragnarok

Myself vs Everyone in consideration of the bottom 5 and Billy.

Ryker and Spade. If they're going to both Gamebox AND Resist NWO

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I will not allow myself to be "*****" by a MK unless it's a top level one. xD So good luck with that happening dude.

Slam is a nubcake, not a scrub. :I

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Slam made a nice point.

Another thing, Slam if at all possible I'd like to see you and Ragnarok play each other. Be it in a MM/Bracket/Crew match. I need data for that.

I need to see Janitor vs Cheap/Slam/Ragnarok

Myself vs Everyone in consideration of the bottom 5 and Billy.

Ryker and Spade. If they're going to both Gamebox AND Resist NWO
Spade barely ever goes to tournaments.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Spade came in 7th at the last AU tournament. I think he played mostly falco and marth. That nigga's Samus is pretty solid as well lol. Any way, about that re-discussion of our PR; I'm going to pull a Dan/Rayku and ask not to be on the list = BILLY #2 IN THE STATE!!!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
:I

Okay hows about we just close the thread and not have a PR since NOONE wants to be on it?

K?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Spade came in 7th at the last AU tournament. I think he played mostly falco and marth. That nigga's Samus is pretty solid as well lol. Any way, about that re-discussion of our PR; I'm going to pull a Dan/Rayku and ask not to be on the list = BILLY #2 IN THE STATE!!!
No, he came in 9th. I was just saying that he isn't actively looking for tournaments to go to. He came to Auburn because he's my best friend, and I invited him to come down and hang out.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
AL is really gonna look ******** on the next PR update
lets just wait for the next smash game to get good/make a PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom