• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Alabama Power Rankings: Image=protier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah, let's not merge, gents. Saint is basically AL in his current situation.

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm glad you changed your signature, Mahgnittoc. :)

Also, I can't seem to add a poll to an existing thread, but, we should do a vote.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Pffft because it's MY thread ;D

Eh on track I suppose, this vote would be only for Pensacola people being legible for the next PR update yeah? If it's about Georgia then I'll have to respectably refuse. We haven't even confirmed with Georgia again about the possibility of a merge. I say after we do that, we can bring about a poll for that this year again.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Eh on track I suppose, this vote would be only for Pensacola people being legible for the next PR update yeah? If it's about Georgia then I'll have to respectably refuse. We haven't even confirmed with Georgia again about the possibility of a merge. I say after we do that, we can bring about a poll for that this year again.
Eligible*.

Also, yeah, it's just for Pensacola right now.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace

Yup. Just for Pensacola.

they way it should be looked at is Pensacola is in a bad spot for FL. It's not like The people live in the middle of the state in a good smash community. They aren't trying to jump state lines to get on a PR. They are going to the closest region for them to play and be competitive.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
oh, thanks Reflex. :x

All right guys I guess the Tally starts now, It will end by Friday of next week.

Yes:
Kola

No:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah ill vote for us to merge with pcoia but ill vote against just letting saint in.
its all a matter of sematics to me now (:
yeah, saint im just decent nothing more forreal so word

wait... you dont find ANY logic in my argument? i dont see how thats possible... its the AL pr and you live in FL. my argument was simple as that. i was just arguing the facts.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Yup. Just for Pensacola.

they way it should be looked at is Pensacola is in a bad spot for FL. It's not like The people live in the middle of the state in a good smash community. They aren't trying to jump state lines to get on a PR. They are going to the closest region for them to play and be competitive.
Swag.

Can i vote?

Yes

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
meh.

the only thing I support is allowing people who only/primarily come to alabama tournaments to be considered for the PR list.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE, whether it's pensacola, or jupiter

merging with another region defeats the whole "arbitrary state borders" thing that we're trying to argue in the first place. It just changes what that border is, but it doesn't make it un-arbitrary. So will people 30 minutes outside of pensacola be ineligible? Should we go a head and add east mississippi and south tennessee as well?

But whatever, I don't NOT want to merge. I just think it's completely unnecessary and pointless.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
btw, what ever happened to the videos from iron brawl?
No one ever uploads videos from any tournament ever :( If vids do get uploaded from tournaments, it's always like 2 months after the tournament is over and after everyone has forgotten about it.

Then someone else hosts a tournament with promises of uploading videos and gets my hopes up all over again. It's a vicious cycle.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
meh.

the only thing I support is allowing people who only/primarily come to alabama tournaments to be considered for the PR list.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE, whether it's pensacola, or jupiter

merging with another region defeats the whole "arbitrary state borders" thing that we're trying to argue in the first place. It just changes what that border is, but it doesn't make it un-arbitrary. So will people 30 minutes outside of pensacola be ineligible? Should we go a head and add east mississippi and south tennessee as well?

But whatever, I don't NOT want to merge. I just think it's completely unnecessary and pointless.
Alabama is basically annexing PC. If a PC player is going to a lot of FL tournies then I don't think they should be considered for the AL list.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
btw, what ever happened to the videos from iron brawl?
The only thing that got recorded was the livestream, which is still online AFAIK. Were you looking for anything in particular?

Alabama is basically annexing PC. If a PC player is going to a lot of FL tournies then I don't think they should be considered for the AL list.
This^

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Eligible*.

Also, yeah, it's just for Pensacola right now.
shouldnt you guys talk about this with the person who ova PR in FL. If the merge does happen(which i opposed to) how do you know they would have a problem with Al merging with city in THERE state.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
shouldnt you guys talk about this with the person who ova PR in FL. If the merge does happen(which i opposed to) how do you know they would have a problem with Al merging with city in THERE state.
Ragnarock we talk to you guys alot more than we do with the rest of FL. I can almost guarantee they will see now problem with pcola merging with AL.
But your right if the merger does happen just run it by Seibrik or gallax??

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
i haven't voted, but i'm all for Pensacola being a part of our pr. Is this vote still going on? i think it's safe to say, it's official. I don't see much of a need to drag this out until friday.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
There isn't much of a need to end it short as well. It's not like we're updating this month. :)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i have like a month to learn the IC's MU
it may not sound like a hard MU on paper but i think ic's vs. anyone is a pretty hard MU.
and i also have no way of getting ic practice since no one online plays them because of the lag and raf doesnt use wifi anymore.
what a drag. not being able to beat a gimmick. i thought i was past this point.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
i have like a month to learn the IC's MU
it may not sound like a hard MU on paper but i think ic's vs. anyone is a pretty hard MU.
and i also have no way of getting ic practice since no one online plays them because of the lag and raf doesnt use wifi anymore.
what a drag. not being able to beat a gimmick. i thought i was past this point.
MK, Peach, Toon Link.

Those, IMO, are our hard match-ups.

Want some legit advice? Stop trying to cover the attacks I shield with another attack. It'll get you grabbed. I respond pretty fast under the pressure of Meta Knight, and can pretty consistently powershield most of his attacks. So uh, don't **** up, basically. Space better, and don't let me take you to Lylat. I slay Meta Dragon on Lylat.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
MK, Peach, Toon Link.

Those, IMO, are our hard match-ups.

Want some legit advice? Stop trying to cover the attacks I shield with another attack. It'll get you grabbed. I respond pretty fast under the pressure of Meta Knight, and can pretty consistently powershield most of his attacks. So uh, don't **** up, basically. Space better, and don't let me take you to Lylat. I slay Meta Dragon on Lylat.
Use a buttload of raising dairs? Whenever I fight IC's I just fight Nana. It's like forces the player to play keep away from the level 3 computer who has to stand right next to me. Just force Popo away from Nana. And always stay unpredictable. star by dashing dairs or something dumb then throw in so dash grabs -> Quick throw. You'll get one of them then you can fllow up on Nana where ever she is.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Definitely took your *** to one stock on Lylat. Should've had you, but alas, I'm terrible at Meta Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom