• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Alabama Power Rankings: Image=protier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
richeously who cares there r no tournies in alabama gamebox, tcs, ausom, and maybe some in huntsville ! WOW TCS happens every six months no more gamebox! SO LIKE NAS THE SMASH SCENE IS
DEAD!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
The AL smash scene is a little dead currently. I want to ask Madison people if they are up for hosting tourneys here. We have enough people just in this area to have a good turnout. If we had even 10 or 15 people from out of town, it would be 30+

I mean, I think we could get 40+ at a Madison/Huntsville tournament because the Huntsville and Madison crews alone would be more than 20 people.

Purple

Hi guys!
The AL smash scene is a little dead currently. I want to ask Madison people if they are up for hosting tourneys here. We have enough people just in this area to have a good turnout. If we had even 10 or 15 people from out of town, it would be 30+

I mean, I think we could get 40+ at a Madison/Huntsville tournament because the Huntsville and Madison crews alone would be more than 20 people.
Go smash bros Recruiting! :D

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Posting to say that I've lost just about all interest in competitive Smash.
It was mostly fun while it lasted.

Also, making fun of Brawl players is totally dumb if you want them to play Melee or care about the community in general.

just sayin.

Peace.
10charmanderingcharmanders

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i am always down to host a tournament in montevallo.

but then you guys are like "NO IM HOSTING" "IM HOSTING" "BAHHHH LETS ALL HOST TOURNAMENTS!"

and then zero is the only one that ever does it.

whatever.
FAP is in July and idk i dont want to wait until august to host one..

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ok.
if people say they will come then i actually will host it in early july..

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It does seem the scene is dead atm. Hopefully the upcoming tournaments start things back up.

Zero,Cheap,and ShaSlam need stories.

Zero is in charge of that.

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
Yay, stories. I could technically host a tournament for the Summer semester in the Auburn Tournament series, but that would be more work than I'm accustomed to without a car. Hm... I could do it if Brannon/Levi/Conan all show up the night before and help me set up, but then there would be (without a doubt!) issues in terms of sleeping places since I could only host so many people in my tiny dorm room. I have a few friends I could ask but, I'm not sure about that, lol.

So, yeah. I don't mind putting forth effort into seeing if a Summer tournament in Auburn is possible, but housing and "weight of responsibility" issues are a little off setting in terms of actually planning it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
make a story about me.

im the biggest pimp yall, forreal.

pimp is being used in a pimp manner

not a dude who gets laid a bunch manner.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Again I say that there are not enough regularly held AL tourneys to have a point system.

A simple panel works fine for what we have.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I think we focus way too much on this thing. I don't agree with Janitor on much, but he was right when he said there are people that just go to tournaments to get on this. Maybe we should just make it top 5 or abolish the PR altogether?

Purple

Hi guys!
I agree with cheap, the system you guys need is simple, just showcase the tournaments you're going to put on the panel in advance, make sure you have all of the tournaments in a thread for people to see the results and such. grade on those tournaments only.

Winnar

Smash Lord
the important thing about PR for me and people like me is so that I can keep up with people's progress and relative skill level

you know, because I haven't been to an AL tourney or smashfest in several months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom