• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I know the default one does. I don't know about his customs though. It seems pretty strong at high aura, too.

GreenBread

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceformation
3DS FC
1203-9525-6346
His short hop dair is still useful in this game. I use to main Lucario in brawl he still does carry over a lot of his moves. He definitely is stronger and most of all his Up B kills as well.
I feel like it's very easy to combo into an Up Smash or a Force Palm or Side Smash. Is bair a potential killer?

GreenBread

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceformation
3DS FC
1203-9525-6346
His short hop dair is still useful in this game. I use to main Lucario in brawl he still does carry over a lot of his moves. He definitely is stronger and most of all his Up B kills as well.
I feel like it's very easy to combo into an Up Smash or a Force Palm or Side Smash. Is bair a potential killer?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Doing Aura Chart.

UTilt has a sweet spot (aka the visual arc) that not only does a tiny bit more damage, but kills earlier too. At 145% it cannonballs Mario (when he is at 145% too in training mode).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is horrible...

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Folks please, the proper way to respond to talk about anyone being crowned King is for the prospective king to reply with this:

George Washington [modified] said:
Be assured Sir, no occurrence in the course of the [Lucario social thread] has given me more painful sensations than your information of there being such ideas existing in the [Lucario board] as you have expressed, and [these] I must view with abhorrence and reprehend with severity. [Such ideas were] big with the greatest mischiefs that can befall my [internet discussion forum].... You could not have found a person to whom your schemes are more disagreeable.
If you have any regard for your [forum], concern for yourself or posterity, or respect for me, ... banish these thoughts from your Mind, and never communicate, as from yourself or anyone else, a sentiment of the like Nature.

Last edited:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
M2K is having a Lucario ditto match now

The godly Force Palm
I wish it the grab range was the same relative to what it was in brawl. It actually had better horizontal distance than standard grab.

Is it just me or does this place feel kinda dead.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's pretty dead, because no one cares about Lucario. Couple with the fact that he's not very easy to play, yet again, people will steer clear from him until later on down the line.

Last edited:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
It's pretty dead, because no one cares about Lucario. Couple with the fact that he's not very easy to play, yet again, people will steer clear from him until later on down the line.
I guess the transition was easier for me since I play brawl Lucario, but I felt that he wasn't hard to play. I could see him not being very newcomer friendly, but veterans of the series should be able to play him. And everyone is saying that he is a good character, but I guess it is all talk.

I was reminded what makes this character so freighting to play at times when I play a solid bower player on the nintendo dojo ladder today.

Gune

Smash Lord
I guess the transition was easier for me since I play brawl Lucario, but I felt that he wasn't hard to play. I could see him not being very newcomer friendly, but veterans of the series should be able to play him. And everyone is saying that he is a good character, but I guess it is all talk.

I was reminded what makes this character so freighting to play at times when I play a solid bower player on the nintendo dojo ladder today.
Gotta love that adrenaline rush of that risk reward gameplay.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm getting there...slowly. His nerfed aerials are really bothering me.

But I will never drop him. Lucario is too cool for that. :cool:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Indeed, it's amusing to watch people's reactions.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Wow? Rocket managed to get ownership over this thread? Interesting.

I've been using Lucario pretty fairly so far, but hopefully for the Wii U I use him more.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I don't wanna hate on Lucario, but isn't his spacing-game, like, not that good?
Except boosted FP, of course.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
forward smash is **** now, why sakurai. also i get punished all the time for using JAB of all things... lucario did not deserve all the cooldown for his moves like this

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
His combo game and approach got nerfed, but at least he has an amazing recovery and Aura+rage=killing at 60%. Force Palm is one of the dumbest moves in the game now. It amuses me.

Just stop trying to play Lucario Brawl-style. Once you break this difficult habit, he'll play better.

Last edited:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
So are we just not supposed to use Jab? On some characters the second hit doesn't connect, and on others the third doesnt and it gets us punished ):

xStJimmy

Smash Rookie
[color= #0080ff]I was going to ask why is nobody using it in For Glory modes, at least on 1vs1. For me it's ok since I like matches with same characters that much.
I haven't played brawl more than 40hours and I've used Lucario most of them, so I guess using him in 4 is a 'confortable' thing, mostly because I don't play competitive games, but I don't feel it's not newcomer-friendly? mostly because, well, I'm pretty much a newcomer :p

Oh, and hello[/color]

Steam

Smash Hero
you can still play him like you do in brawl if you do a lot of aurasphere traps and safe play. the transition was really easy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom