• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
His combo game and approach got nerfed, but at least he has an amazing recovery and Aura+rage=killing at 60%. Force Palm is one of the dumbest moves in the game now. It amuses me.
Just stop trying to play Lucario Brawl-style. Once you break this difficult habit, he'll play better.
I don't want to stop playing him Brawl style...Brawl style is fun...:(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Most of Brawl doesn't carry over very well. A few things might, but good luck trying to play him 100% the same. Hint: it won't work.

The only character I have seen play closest to their Brawl iteration is Toon Link.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ike, maybe. He has a better aerial game, but his ground game got slightly changed. And he can no longer get those funny low percent kills, barring rage activation.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can never truly break away from your past mains. They will always come back to you because they are familiar. It is fate.

Unless your character is literally deleted. RIP ICs and Snake mains.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ditto on past mains like RT said. I literally cannot drop PM Lucario as much as I hate him because I know him better than anyone else. Same with Peach.

Also anyone know how to stream off a 3DS?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pretty much what I'm doing.

No point in getting a streaming 3DS when the Wii U version is around the corner.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I was going to ask why is nobody using it in For Glory modes, at least on 1vs1. For me it's ok since I like matches with same characters that much.
I haven't played brawl more than 40hours and I've used Lucario most of them, so I guess using him in 4 is a 'confortable' thing, mostly because I don't play competitive games, but I don't feel it's not newcomer-friendly? mostly because, well, I'm pretty much a newcomer :p

Oh, and hello
I've been playing For Glory for hundreds upon hundreds of games with Lucario. I use Jab as a way to mindgame. There was this one Lucario I played who went by "Ebon" that used a lot of the things we talked about on these boards. Like seriously even if I briefly mentioned a minor tech... he was trying to use that against me.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Lucario tends to do well against characters that have a really hard time killing.

Is it me or is it way harder to jump oos on the 3DS?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And so the future meta has arrived in the form of Lucario dittos.

Steam

Smash Hero
And so the future meta has arrived in the form of Lucario dittos.
Lucario dittos are about twice as bad as they were in brawl. it usually just comes down to one read.

Lucario actually embodies everything I hate about smash4. but I will still play him because he's lucario (and he's also really good). it really feels like sakurai is trying to send me to some strange kind of hell.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You will play Lucario forever.

This is a hell you can never leave.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Lucario dittos......aura is fun and all, but when another Lucario KOs you at 80%, you hate it.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Lucario ditto matches are a blast,for me they mostly end up being over all hilarious when it becomes war of the B-airs so at medium-high % its a game of who gets aura shanked.

Also A-combo high fives.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I had one with someone that's presumably Japanese, we kept exchanging ES after ES. We were even in our speed as well so it was a nice fast past fight. It was even more fun because it was confusing, he played regular Lucario and I got the darker blue color..

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yuuupp.
Finals were me and steam.
The new meta is Lucario dittos all the way down folks.
And i'm legit thinking of picking a secondary just for other Lucario players. LMAO

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Yuuupp.
Finals were me and steam.
The new meta is Lucario dittos all the way down folks.
And i'm legit thinking of picking a secondary just for other Lucario players. LMAO
What character counters Lucario in this game? I'm having a lot of trouble thinking of what beats us if we play at the top of our meta.

Steam

Smash Hero
What character counters Lucario in this game? I'm having a lot of trouble thinking of what beats us if we play at the top of our meta.
fox and mac I think win the matchup since they kill reliably early and overwhelm him in neutral game. there are certainly others too.

as an aside I think Lucario will struggle to stay top 10 because of his poor neutral game.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Jab is still a useful move. We just can't be mindless about the button presses. Delay or alter when you press the next button for jab2 and jab3. I've been doing that and characters have not popped out of it or punished me for it. Plus it gives you enough time to charge AS or establish the neutral position.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
fox and mac I think win the matchup since they kill reliably early and overwhelm him in neutral game. there are certainly others too.

as an aside I think Lucario will struggle to stay top 10 because of his poor neutral game.
Can't we just force Mac into the air and/or shoot projectiles at him? Also character with the best recovery vs. the worst lol.

Sit near the edge of the stage and try to squeeze in a grab. If they expect it you can pivot grab too. Just be sure to not let him get his Side B in above smaller Aura Spheres. He will have a really hard time trying to Side B over fully charged Aura Spheres when we are around 100%. Also if you do grab pummel release right above the ledge you can probably pressure him to not come back.

Work your FTilt to space if he tries to spam jab. You might even be able to angle FTilt down to hit him under some of his attacks.

I am afraid I don't know much about Smash 4 Fox aside from his blaster seems slower and his USmash doesn't kill us as early I think.

Since Fox falls like a rock I think we can get early UTilt strings and I bet we have some devastating Aura Sphere charge silliness on him.

Hmmm... You know theoretically we could gimp him with Aura Sphere charge and live lol.

So yeah... Are there any other characters that might counter us?

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I discovered that Sheik makes my face hurt, when they are not a potato at least.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
you can't really camp little mac since he can cover the stage so fast. you just have to try to get a grab in and put him in the air. it's hard because lucario's air game in neutral is bad and mac overwhelms him on the ground.

fox is like brawl fox and it's hard for the same reasons brawl fox is hard, except now we can't outspace him and he has a good recovery, also utilt juggles are true combos. upsmash still kills early.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Little Mac's seriously not even that bad a MU imo. It seems pretty even.
He hits like a ****ing train, and dominates neutral against any character that relies on the ground game to win. AKA us, which means we probably won't be getting super high aura before dieing, but Mac's such a polarized character that we don't need high aura to win against him.

Seriously, I know it's been said a million times before, but his recoveries and landings are absurdly abusable. He has two options to recover, and you can abuse both every single time he goes with either. he has to have exact positioning to go for one, so you can just sit and see where he's going and meet him there to make sure he stays off when you get him off. Lucario's dash attack, and throws both put little mac in a bad position and completely shift the momentum around for you to do this.

KO meter can be ignored to some extent in the same manner. Wait for him to get close to KO power, toss him in the air or over the edge, abuse his landings til it's gone. It rises a lot quicker when he takes damage rather then deals it, so it's not that hard to trigger on your own terms. Just don't get scared and try and roll because every single little mac who's worth there salt is looking for a roll. He can also combo nuetral air into it as well, but again, not hard to avoid if you know what to look out for. Basically don't play scared. :T

Just never let him take you to FD/Omegas and you're gold.

Fox on the other hand I think actually is bad. Lol. He wins the nuetral game like mac, but unlike max, he can recover, has a reflector, and can combo us pretty much as hard as we do him...so. Yeah.

Um.
I'm honestly not sure what characters flat out BEAT Lucario at this point. I think just strong characters Like Yoshi and Shiek can go even with him, but it's hard to say if anyone flat out has advantage over him. I dunno. We'll have to just see how things pan out.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Little Mac is one of those matchups that forces you to play a certain way, as some people already mentioned good ways of doing so. I also feel like Rosalina will fit this later on, but I could be wrong.

But what Steam and Sunny are pretty much right.

Lucario doesn't have any "counter" matchups, but he might have some iffy matchups if you don't know what to do or watch out for, especially low-percent killers (just like in Brawl).

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
More like, they still can't balance the Aura mechanic and then created the rage mechanic that stacks with Aura. Now murder the whole cast at 60-80%.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
More like, they still can't balance the Aura mechanic and then created the rage mechanic that stacks with Aura. Now murder the whole cast at 60-80%.
And 32%! I sent a Ness player to the moon with an uncharged forward smash with max aura at that % the other day.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Honestly, it's pretty hard to balance Aura without it being too dumb or too useless.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
We got the large end of the stick this time around.

His Aura recovery is probably one of the dumbest things to come out of the buff. I have been getting better at sniping people with it to launch them offstage from middle FD. It's really unsafe though, but a nice mixup as if they commit you have a safe landing.

Gune

Smash Lord
Honestly I think the only time lucario has a bad match up is when you don't know how to deal with the opposition, you should be fine you know what your going against.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Even if Fox is still a threat to us, at least he can't really force an approach with his lases anymore (unless he has some weird compensating customs...?) which was a pain in Brawl. Fox is indeed faster on the ground but I'd say our lovely ground mobility makes up for that quite nice. Killing is hard though since our attacks don't linger anymore to cover his options when he's speeding around. Our universal range nerf on normals doesn't make edgeguarding him that easy either or firefox has just been buffed a bit.

I've been playing against one competent Fox for some time and the matchup doesn't seem any harder than before at least despite it still possibly being disadvantageous. I might try using snaring aura sphere the next time we play to limit his movement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom