• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Flex

Smash Cadet
Barlw sucks. Let's play Melee.

>_>

<debate>

Hylian, you should edit the first post with a list of Melee and Barlw players, and perhaps contact information. Maybe then I can find some Austin smashers that are actually fun to play with.
You know Kal i live close to you.Id love to play anytime.You got my number right?

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Because T6 ***** the hell out of Barlw.

Pozer, I hear you're pretty good at Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core. Would you be willing to show me some basics at that game next time we're both at ArcadeUFO?
"pretty good"? I'm a top player, if not the best! ;o

And yeah, the game isn't too hard to learn I think.
I can show you how to playz ;o

Kal

Smash Champion
Yay! I tried playing it with SoS once, but I didn't know what was going on and he didn't explain anything to me. I just kept dying. :(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I want to learn GG as well >_>. Sethlon tried to show me once, but it was confusing :/.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... Guilty Gear has a lot of functions in the game, and there all useful during certain situations that are bound to happen in a middle of a match (like Instant Block, Green Shield, Roman Cancels, Alpha Counters, etc.).

But once you figure out how each one works, you get an idea of when to use it and the game becomes a lot easier to understand.

You can find me easily at Arcade UFO on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 1 - 8 pm (that's my work schedule over there), so I can help out whoever at that time.

Until then, I'll be checking out this topic in case of future Brawl tournaments turn up in Austin, once again ;o

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Austin, please hear me out. This is your last chance to get housing for HOBO10(if u decide to go). Plz contact AXXO in th ehouston thread. his phone number is on the front page. I ask all of you to plz attend this!

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Hey Xyro can u give an estimate on when HOBO 11 will be? Prolly won't make it this weekend T.T

And Kal...if you're not doin' anything on Friday afternoon then come over and let's play some more.

......and bring ur labtop ;)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey Xyro can u give an estimate on when HOBO 11 will be? Prolly won't make it this weekend T.T

And Kal...if you're not doin' anything on Friday afternoon then come over and let's play some more.

......and bring ur labtop ;)
HOBO11 will be october 8th i think....its on the front page of houston thread. The tunr out wont me NEAR as big but it wil break 40

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I agree. I am DYING for IRL practice. I would love to play whenever I'm not working.

Corigames

Smash Hero
What, there's like 391 hours left until the doubles tournament starts. That's plenty of time to get here.

M

mcsmith

what's up Austin thread?

been playing ssb for years, just recently join the smash board.

i'm in the austin area, so i'm down to play, only drawback is i have yet to get a wii (i know, i'm lame) so i'm still just playing melee for now, had a friend that had all the gear back in houston.

wow, this sort of turned to an introduction, but nonetheless, Austin is where it's at.

Kal

Smash Champion
Are you actually interested in playing Melee?

M

mcsmith

heck yeah. i love melee... i just started trying to play more technical (wavedashing, ect.). i mean i haven't played in any tournaments, just my bro and friends for years.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I am an austin smasher now I guess...

Haven't been here in awhile either.
Welcome to Austin. :p

Yeah I'm not very familiar with the Austin smash scene. I only attended 2 smash tourneys at UT last year when Brawl had come out so I don't know many Austin smashers. We need to have a smash fest or something soon. If anyone every wants to chill and play let me know. :3

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
You went to those 2 UT tourny's Silent_Rain? Me too! Maybe we played each other. Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing another one of those. Both had great turn outs, but were lacking competitively.

Kal

Smash Champion
I went to a UT tournament last year. I got 2nd. There wasn't exactly a load of good players there.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah I did when Brawl had just came out. I was real easy to point out since I was like, the only Peach/Zelda player there. lol. I made it to like the semi-finals in each. I've gotten a little bit better since then though. :3

Kal

Smash Champion
I want to play some Melee!

Actually, if you're able to help us set up a new Jester style thing Fridays, that would be awesome. There's no way I can do it, because I don't live on campus. But it would be awesome if you could perhaps bring a setup down to Jester on Fridays at around 3:00. I very much miss Jester Friday. :(

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Last stop! Would any of you guys be interested in carpooling up to Norman, OK for this little tournament of mine? =) I've upped the spoils considerably since I initially put up the invitation late last night, and slowly but surely the registrants are falling in line. I've already had a couple of Dallas guys come up for my last event a few weeks ago, and I'm currently trying get them as well as some of the other best players around the state to come up for this one, as well. I've specifically planned and am currently organizing it around the participation of Texas players, so not only is everyone here invited, by your presence would be greatly appreciated. =)

Hylian, work your magic with these people!

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Hey Austin crackers, I changed the date of the 2 v 2 tourney in New Braunfels to October 18th. It will be using the Swiss system, so you are guaranteed at least 5 or so rounds of play (10-15 games at least!). Find the stickied thread for more info!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey

urdoinitrong

amidoinitrite?
If it makes you sleep better at night then yes Niko, you are doing it right.

Top Bottom