• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Im pretty busy with school and such, but who here lives on or close to campus?
I want someone different to play some brawl with.

Kal

Smash Champion
What about Melee? I'm always up for Melee on campus.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I've finally found some free time and should be able to play more. I'm always up for live matches if anyone wants to play.

ADMJP, i live about 5-6 blocks from campus. Maybe we can play sometime?

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Sure thing, i live in west campus. Im actually going home this weekend, but after that just lemme know how close yall are and ill see what i can do.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
hit me up on AIM: Shane200, and I'll come by and kick ya around a bit :)

I might try to go to Jester for Soul Calibur today. What time would that be at?

Kal

Smash Champion
Pretty sure it's just Star Craft, not Soul Calibur, at Jester.

Do you want to play Soul Calibur at my place? I have the 360 version.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
Starcraft. bah.

I wouldnt mind a few rounds of Soul Calibur. I'm only super casual at it though. Where is your place?

Kal

Smash Champion
17507 Wiseman Dr.
Pflugerville, TX 78660

(512) 698-7056

When do you plan on coming?

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm free all day. People might come over for some Melee later.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Hey kim, do you mean you live in the dorms?

If so, why dont we meet up somewhere thursday or something, i dont think ill be too busy after classes then.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering. How much interest would there be in a smashfest, say weekly or biweekly? I am currently looking for places on or around UT, but if someone has somewhere else in mind, that would be great. Any help finding a venue would be appreciated. Going back to Jester West basement is also an option.

Anyway, since I'm free thursday, I would like to get together with a few other people. Have a semi smashfest. I might have about 2-3 other people with me. ADMJP, maybe you, kim, my group, and anyone else can find a place to meet Thursday. If thursday doesn't work, maybe Friday.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Thats a little harsh, LeeHarris. Hopefully it doesn't come to that :).

Dr Mario Kart, have they met recently? It looks like they are meeting in a classroom somewhere. I will see if they're interested.

Ignore my last post. Thursday is a bad day to try to get a group of people together. Nearly everyone I asked said they can't make it on Thursdays. Fridays or Saturdays would be much better.

So is anyone interested? I know Austin is a spread out, but Houston and Dallas are both bigger and have their smashfests or whatever you want to call it. If no one is interested, then I won't bother. Meeting up with people whenever is easier then trying to get everyone together on the same day.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
ive heard nothing but bad things about the UT smash club, if meeting up is an issue, then i can just have people come over to my place whenever, as long as im not busy. Pm me for an address.

And Kal, im not talking about Melee lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm down for a Smashfest as well. I have a handful of friends who are part of my Smash crew here at UT. We've been trying to find some places to get some good Smash going, too.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What dorms are you in, kimmy and ADMJP? I'm in Jester East.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Are you all doing anything tomorrow? I gotta take care of some homework, but after that I'm sure me and my Smash buddies would be down for some matches. We have a Wii in my dorm and in my bud's dorm two rooms over.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
like i said before, i stay in west campus. still kinda close to campus, but further from where u guys are at.

Kal

Smash Champion
People really should specify if they mean Melee or Brawl.

Ok, I've decided to have weekly invite only smash fests at my house. Every Friday, we'll have at least two Melee setups at my place. It's invite only because of the limited space. Just ask to come, and I'll reply with "yes" or "no." "Yes" means you can come, and "no" means you can't. The response will (usually) be based off of how much space I have. Hopefully that's not too ambiguous.

No, there won't be Brawl.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Most people here are for brawl. Shouldn't have to specify.

Anyway, seems we are getting a number of people interested. Hopefully something turns up soon. I'm kinda busy right now.

Oh and great job Hylian. Don't know how anyone else did at Hobo from Austin and surrounding area.

kimmykimchee

Smash Rookie
Are you all doing anything tomorrow? I gotta take care of some homework, but after that I'm sure me and my Smash buddies would be down for some matches. We have a Wii in my dorm and in my bud's dorm two rooms over.
Maybe, what time? I have a linear algebra exam on Tuesday. I may need to study for that. >.>'

PM me your aim and cell phone number.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I'll be on campus all day tomorrow. I'm free from 3:30-7, so if anyone wants to meet up, just send me a pm or im sometime today or tomorrow.

Top Bottom