• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

ArcaneSageX

Smash Rookie
So anything today? Otherwise, I'm just going to go back to studying.

Also, Kim, you should be studying for that exam. Mysterious 100s just don't pop out of nowhere. >_>

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I was originally planning on some Smash today, but working out/homework got me busy all day. XD That's my college weekend for you.

Ouch, linear algebra. So glad I don't have any Math this semester.

Jadedlink, I'm curious to see how you use Pokemon Trainer. Most people shy away from him because of the whole three-characters-in-one thing, and those who do "use" him are only good with one or two tops. Anyway, looking forward to comparing our styles.

Kal

Smash Champion
Most people here are for brawl. Shouldn't have to specify.
You should specify. It's annoying to need to ask, just to be sure, every time. I specify that my smash fests are Melee only. That way, no Brawl players come by and are let down. It's just common courtesy. It's not difficult to specify which game it's for.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You should specify. It's annoying to need to ask, just to be sure, every time. I specify that my smash fests are Melee only. That way, no Brawl players come by and are let down. It's just common courtesy. It's not difficult to specify which game it's for.
I'm here for Brawl, and I haven't touched Melee since the new game launched, but I definitely understand where you're coming from, Kal. I'll be sure to specify next time.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm probably up to play any time Monday. I don't have work. I also don't work Wed. I do work this weekend though :/.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
I live in Jester West, W0156.
Text me with you name if you want to play.

Preferably Melee, but I wouldn't mind trying out Brawl some more.
(210) 838-4262

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Thought I'd share guys that were thinking [even remotely] about coming to the New Orleans Monthly on the 26th. After much thought, I've banned Meta Knight. If this influences your choice to come, then that is fine. Your choice.

http://www.gametabs.com/events/2008-10-26/new_orleans_brawl_monthly_1/44/

or

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195696
It's interesting that you mention that--my hometown is actually Slidell, LA. Lemme check my schedule and see if I can plan a trip home then.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Jadedlink, I'm curious to see how you use Pokemon Trainer. Most people shy away from him because of the whole three-characters-in-one thing, and those who do "use" him are only good with one or two tops. Anyway, looking forward to comparing our styles.
My pt is good. Not as good competitively as my other characters, but he holds his own. I haven't changed my pic in awhile. Mindgames!

I would love to get some Brawl in Wednesday after my 2 tests. Send me a pm if you want to play.

Studying = Brawl. Neither one is more important than the other :). At least for now.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My pt is good. Not as good competitively as my other characters, but he holds his own. I haven't changed my pic in awhile. Mindgames!

I would love to get some Brawl in Wednesday after my 2 tests. Send me a pm if you want to play.

Studying = Brawl. Neither one is more important than the other :). At least for now.
Wednesday, huh? Sounds pretty good to me. I have a paper due Friday, but I'm gonna go ahead and finish it in advance. What time exactly do you have in mind, Jadedlink?

I wish studying=Brawl for me. Sadly, studying=parents pay for college=my life. XD

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I spend more time studying, but Brawl is just as important :p.

Anytime after 2 works for me. I might be able to get someone else. I think he said he was busy Wednesday though.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm free wed...Why don't you two just both carpool over to my house :).

D

DrAwkward

Hey guys, I just joined the forums. I'm a freshman at UT, wouldn't mind playing Brawl with someone sometime this week or weekend. I kinda wanted to try out a tournament but I've never really played against anyone but my friends and they are all terrible at Brawl.

Catch me on AIM or send me a PM if these forums do that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm free wed...Why don't you two just both carpool over to my house :).
D'oh, I don't have a car. How about you, Jadedlink? XD If worst comes to worst, though, one of my Smash buds has a car. He'd only be available on weekends, though. Definitely looking forward to taking you on sometime, though, Hylian.

And woot, another UT Brawler! I'm gonna probably be out of town at the UT-OU game this weekend, so I likely won't be able to get any Smash in this weekend. There's still a chance that I sell my two tickets, though, if all doesn't go according to plan.

kimmykimchee

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I just joined the forums. I'm a freshman at UT, wouldn't mind playing Brawl with someone sometime this week or weekend. I kinda wanted to try out a tournament but I've never really played against anyone but my friends and they are all terrible at Brawl.

Catch me on AIM or send me a PM if these forums do that.
Do you live on campus?

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
D'oh, I don't have a car. How about you, Jadedlink? XD If worst comes to worst, though, one of my Smash buds has a car. He'd only be available on weekends, though. Definitely looking forward to taking you on sometime, though, Hylian.

And woot, another UT Brawler! I'm gonna probably be out of town at the UT-OU game this weekend, so I likely won't be able to get any Smash in this weekend. There's still a chance that I sell my two tickets, though, if all doesn't go according to plan.
Ya. No car either. Maybe if we ask nicely Hylian may be able to come to Austin. Or just next time Hylian is in Austin, we find him and force him to play brawl.

I would be willing to meet as far as the bus takes me :). I hate not having a car.

Anyway, we can meet up Wednesday Zigsta. Can you meet after 3?

And we really need to get a smashfest going. On these forums alone, there are at least 10 people interested.

kimmykimchee

Smash Rookie
Ya. No car either. Maybe if we ask nicely Hylian may be able to come to Austin. Or just next time Hylian is in Austin, we find him and force him to play brawl.

I would be willing to meet as far as the bus takes me :). I hate not having a car.

Anyway, we can meet up Wednesday Zigsta. Can you meet after 3?

And we really need to get a smashfest going. On these forums alone, there are at least 10 people interested.
Hylian does live in Austin.

Is there a way we can have setups at the basement of jester west? They used to have weeklies there for Melee on Fridays from 4 to...um..whenever.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Ya we can have setups in Jester west. Just need the set ups. If people are willing, then great. Classrooms are also an option. Using the projector screens would have some lag though.

Hylian may "live" in Austin, but his place of residence is Round Rock. Sorry if that was a secret.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm up to drive down. I only live like 25 mins from UT if that...

Who's house are we playing at Wed? Do we need more then one set-up?

Maybe you two can meet up if we can't find somewhere to play there and I can take you guys back to my house and whoever else is interested.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I think Zigsta lives in the dorms, but I don't know. My place is a little small. If we can't meet with Zigsta, I'll ask someone and see what he's doing wednesday. You shouldn't have to drive us back and forth. If you come to Austin, I'll find a place. (I hope at least.)

If we can meet in Zigsta's dorm, he said he has 2 set ups, so that might be enough. I am willing to bring mine, but I would need someone to pick it up.

If nothing else, we can share FC's and play online. :)

kimmykimchee

Smash Rookie
Ya we can have setups in Jester west. Just need the set ups. If people are willing, then great. Classrooms are also an option. Using the projector screens would have some lag though.
Who is willing to bring a tv? I would carry my tv from moore hill to jester west, but I don't think that's a good idea. I'll bring a wii though. >.>

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Well I think we have a few people who live in jester so maybe them. I know someone who lives in San Jac. He might be able to bring a tv. We only need 2-3 tvs. Most they ever had back in melee days was 3, maybe 4. (This has nothing to do with wednesday. Just for a future smashfest.)

Some of the rooms in the union are free to student organizations. They also provide tv's for free. We would have to create a student organization though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I live in Jester East, so our rooms aren't all that big. I do have a Wii and TV set up in my dorm, and my fellow Smash friend Ghost lives two doors down with a Wii and TV as well. So if we wanted to do Brawl some Wednesday, that could be an option. As far as using projectors go, I'd love to try that out, but I'm not sure how all that stuff works exactly. Wednesday is my easy day, as my classes are just from 12-2, so after that, I'm free for the day.

Now about that student organization...I had actually been planning on making a Smash group myself, but I wanted more people to make it. I have 5 from my crew's UT branch, and adding on the people from this thread, we'll definitely be able to make one if we wanted to use those free TV setups.

Anyways, just let me know what you guys wanna do. I'm open.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So when are you guys getting together? I wouldn't mind dishing out some sauce too
Wednesday. I talked to three of my Smash friends here at UT, and they're down too, with a possible fourth Smasher as well. Speaking of which, I really need to get them on here, too.

It seems that we are gonna need a bigger place to hang than my Jester East dorm room. :p Taking care of my homework in advance today so I'll be good to go for tomorrow.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So...how many set-ups are going to be in the jester west basement then?

Top Bottom